Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Former NYC Mayor Bloomberg, consider running for President as Indepen      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cotter
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Former NYC Mayor Bloomberg, consider running for President as IndependentPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
BBE ... I believe I heard something today that he still has time.

My patient has me flipping through the channels on his TV throughout the day and I'm at a loss to say which news I heard it on. The insinuation was that he probably has enough money to hire enough people to get the necessary signatures.

I think if got in the mix he would really throw off the votes as I believe he would gather many more votes as a third party candidate than say (for example) Perot.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Former NYC Mayor Bloomberg, consider running for President as Independent
Posted: 1/25/2016 8:55:42 PM
Before I asked, I did a Google search & found this from 2007..... It seemed to say, He should have started last July or August... In their opinion....... I'm not sure He has time for the early Ballot States......

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/18701434/ns/politics/t/so-you-want-run-president/#.Vqb7cVIfmwY
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/25/2016 9:38:24 PM
In my opinion, George Pataki was a better candidate than Bloomberg, and than most of the current republican candidates. Unfortunately, his message didn't resonate with people during the campaign.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/26/2016 4:32:02 PM
^

Unfortunately, his message didn't resonate with people during the campaign.

Unfortunately, GP has the reputation of having been a (rare) moderate Republican, which is now considered an unpardonable sin within the GOP ranks today.
 00Spy
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/26/2016 6:40:57 PM
Bloomberg has no chance. As a former NY city Mayor he really has no name recognition outside of the North East.
Also former NY City Mayor's have not had great success in presidential runs.
Bloomberg will not inspire any new voters as Trump and Bernie have.
 aj17225
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/26/2016 6:47:11 PM
Bloomberg definitely has no chance and like you say Spy, he has no name recognition. Definitely has money as he will spend it but all he is doing is talking to Wall Street and them urging him to standby if good old Hillary is indicted or starts to lose more and more to the Bern. Hillary, Bloomberg and Wall Street will not want any part of the Bern. Bloomberg only hurts the democrats if he does run and he is on the sidelines right now hoping to protect the Wall Street gang should he be needed to come in in "relief".
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/26/2016 7:05:27 PM
It looks like Bloomberg will enter the race if Ms. Clinton doesn't appear to be capable of gaining the democratic nomination:

A source close to the former mayor has previously told CNN that Bloomberg would seriously consider entering the race if it appeared Donald Trump or Texas Sen. Ted Cruz would face Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders in the general election.

And it looks like he'd do this to aid a democrat victory

Last month, the media mogul commissioned a poll to see how he would fare as a third-party candidate ...Two sources close to Bloomberg said internal polling found that he would theoretically take away more Republican votes from Trump or Cruz than Democratic votes from Sanders.

From CNN
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/26/2016 7:40:31 PM
That doesn't make any sense. He has a business which is closely tied to Wall Street - he definitely won't want to see someone who wants to regulate the loosey goosey world of derivatives, leveraged buyouts and hedge funds. He would enter the race to keep Sanders out of the White House.

As far as not having name recognition though....Huh? He has a television network named after him. He has a news service named after him. Never mind the the mayor of New York has always been better known than just about any state's Governor or Senator. Never mind mayors like Jimmy Walker or LaGuardia - I remember hearing Lindsay's name when I could barely read. And as I recall Guiliani made a strong run for a while based on being mayor of New York.
 00Spy
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/26/2016 7:55:22 PM
Half, take a look at how well other mayors of New York have faired and you are kidding your self if you think average Americans anywhere outside of the NE know who he is. A large portion of Americans can't even name their own VP.
But so be it i. It could possibly be that there will be two party candidates and 2 0r three independents.
Wouldn't that be fun.
 DameWrite
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2016 2:54:53 PM
Let's see what happens when Bernie ( who may actually want to do the things needed to help the people of the U.S. and other people around the world) takes a lead... More dirty political tricks! (To keep the same old extortionist/greedos in power).

Bernie Saunders who really knows and calls out the crap that the banksters and other greedo control freak ceo's have been pulling around the world and in the U.S. will have wall street crooks gang up on him with a surprise candidate (or two) that will make sure nothing "radical"/good happens and their political puppets continue to serve ...them.

This is why Hillary is playing it quiet about the bribes she is taking via superpacs and Goldman Sachs verbal diarrhea tours. She knows they would take her out in a minute if she didn't continue to tow the greedo line. She's crooked aNd sneaky as they come. Trump and her are two peas in a pod.

Check out this video and if you think is won't/can't happen in the United States of America...think again.

You can learn from others mistakes (Greece, Puerto Rico, Detroit etc.) and not bend over just because they want to screw you over by making you dig deeper OR you can open your eyes and toss the buggers out and HEAR Bernie.

Do you think chaos from austerity measures won't hurting you personally? Soon? All the candidates except Bernie are dealing in "austerity measures" with their bribers.

THE STINKING RICH should pay for the mess they made/make, not the rest of us 99% in the world.

http://m.democracynow.org/stories/15444
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/2/2016 6:10:13 PM
Rubio, is the Republicans only shot at the White House...other then stealing it the way Bush did.
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/7/2016 10:00:37 AM
So, I'm going to the Cigar Lounge, for the Super Bowl Party...I'm told the main course is Chili...barf....
So, I'm bringing a Bottle of Tito's Vodka...and some kinda wine...suggestions.....
 gtomustang
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/7/2016 11:00:04 AM
well, Rubio WAS the shot at the moderate vote...taken out by the New Jersey hit man. There's still time to come back from such a bobble as that one last night, but...the odds are slim to none, relying on everyone ahead to screw up so he can move forward.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/7/2016 1:55:26 PM

Rubio WAS the shot at the moderate vote...taken out by the New Jersey hit man

Robotic Rubio has himself to blame,
and is now exposed for being a pre-programmed debater.

Can he come back, possibly but he's gonna have to re-formulate himself because his jibber- jabber is not gonna get him much mileage anymore.

All this may give a new wind to JEB down south, and CC in the NE, and Kasich in the Mid states

The Teabaggers and the cuck-servatives will be largely divided between Cruz & Trump.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/7/2016 3:46:13 PM

Msg: 39
There's still time to come back from such a bobble as that one last night, but...the odds are slim to none

Rubio's meltdown moment could go down in history like the scream that doomed Howard Dean presidential ambitions.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/7/2016 3:49:02 PM
Isn't he the guy who kept drinking water when he was tagged to give the rebuttal to the State of the Union address? He kind of folds in the big moments. They've had him pegged as a rising star for a while which is why they gave him the State of the Union slot. He just can't perform though.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/7/2016 4:43:48 PM

Msg: 42
Isn't he the guy who kept drinking water when he was tagged to give the rebuttal to the State of the Union address? He kind of folds in the big moments. They've had him pegged as a rising star for a while which is why they gave him the State of the Union slot. He just can't perform though.

Yep, that's him. Earlier this year Rubio was being mentioned as Jeb Bush vice president candidate.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/apr/16/lawrence-odonnell/president-vice-president-same-state-allowed/
 FGRN83
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/9/2016 6:50:26 AM
"Earlier this year." That's interesting. How things change. Neo cohens and libtards really thought they could get away with forced assimilation , cultural marxism and just plain tyranny. Now , the zios are threatening to weaponize bloomberg , don't they already have their glassberg? Oh, well , just trying to hedge bets , I guess. Actually anything to dethrone Donald. Never seen the zio community so mobilized. OY!!! Just watching the afore mentioned characters get frenzied is more than worth a vote for Trump. LOL.
 00Spy
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/9/2016 8:12:00 AM
Who mentioned Rubio as Jeb's VP.
That would never happen as both are from Florida.
It was Jeb who advocated Rubio for Romney's VP.
 gtomustang
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/9/2016 8:26:30 AM
oh yeah, I forgot the water-bottling incident. He does seem to have a history of folding like a cheap suit. I don't think Christie is to blame for pointing out the emperor has no clothes, someone might as well point it out that the leader isn't going to be the stand-up needed for the job. I suspect, however, there may not be one moderate candidate that does well across the land, only ones that do well in their regions, like Yule predicted. Mitt Romney probably wishes he tried running again this time :)

still, Bush is pointing out that money for TV ads works only on those who watch TV ads. Campaign heads loved those b/c they got a cut, so a big war chest was needed. Celebrity status seems to be an inoculation against that....if the candidate with the big war chest is too nice to be much more than milquetoast.
 FGRN83
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/9/2016 8:29:47 AM
LOL ; Wow , Rubio , Jeb , Skip Romney. Quite an array of cuckholds. A pathway to geNOcide. Well , the good news , not a one of these panty waists will ever see the inside of the White House. The desparate re-invention of bloomberg will actually futhur divide zios and perhaps serve to water down the jewish lobby so obsessed with altering the population of a one time Christian Nation. When anti Whites become so enraged ; so intense ; it tells me folks like Don Trump are doing something right. Jeff Sessions seems like a very sensible choice for President Elect Trump to chose as his running mate.
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/9/2016 10:39:56 AM
Sooo, you're saying the groups in which Trump have offended by his racist and hateful comments are wrong for feeling that way ?
Reading your comments, require further explanation...if you please.................

I'm sorry...is that a Confederate Flag back there...............
 FGRN83
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/9/2016 10:48:02 AM
I'm saying pro immigration forces are too fragmented and discombobulated. Look at the zio's from rubio to the two bergs over to bush. They all would like to dismantle the demographics of this country on that they agree , but that's about all. Even the Ricky Ricardo show is a mess . This happens to be the best arena for populists since the late 60's and early 70's. Let's take advantage and close borders ASAP.
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/9/2016 10:58:13 AM
That's a Confederate Flag, you're standing next too......okay now I get it........
For obvious reasons, I cannot engage in further discussions with you.....

Carry On
 deetristate
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/9/2016 12:35:13 PM
What did Trump say that was racist? A direct quote, please.

If people want a flag of the defeated, let them have one.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Former NYC Mayor Bloomberg, consider running for President as Independent