Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What does "Wants to date but nothing serious" mean?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nestaron
Msg: 51
What does Wants to date but nothing serious mean?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
It actually means nothing in all seriousness. I have had women tell me that and have a relationship with me where as a woman tell me they want a long-term relationship and had a 1 night stand. You dont dictate when love finds you that is uncontrollable all they are doing is looking and because we need to fill in a lot of that junk they go with someone that can fluctuate and mean anything.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 52
view profile
History
What does Wants to date but nothing serious mean?
Posted: 1/6/2017 6:39:14 PM

Why? I realised that I don't want a relationship per se. I want one special person in my life. The person is more important than the relationship.

If you want one Special person in your life, you do -- per se -- want a Relationship with them. :)

Equally I am not thinking of wedding bells every time I meet someone new.

True, but that's for "looking for someone to marry". Date but nothing serious means you're Not looking for a One, Special person in your life at all. It's about one's mindset entering the dating arena. For Date but nothing serious -- it means enjoying the dating scene itself, and not aiming/looking to get settled in with anyone (although that Could happen; just like someone relationship-hunting could end up saying screw-this-egg-hunt).

But yes, on a non-outright-wholesome site like POF, date-but-nothing-serious translates into a decent % chance of being roughly: "Looking to go out on dates, fool around, and nothing else -- unless I have a crush, but don't hold your breath."
 forumslady
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/6/2017 9:17:06 PM
haulroad- For the ones worth your time, it means they probably either just got divorced or they are just out of a serious commitment and trying again.
They are being honest that they are not quite ready for commitment, but they COULD be IF the right person came along.
For the ones who are NOT worth your time, it means they want to 'uck you and/or use you for what they can get out of you and they WILL move on as soon as something better comes their way.
You have two choices.........roll the dice and HOPE you get the first type, or do like I did and EXCLUDE people who have this as their setting like the plague.
Wish I could be more positive, but that is THE truth.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2017 2:48:48 AM
Don't believe everything you read in a profile is rule number 1 online.
Do you think every person who puts* looking for a serious relationship* actually is?
Well, wahahahahahaha on you op.

NOT

Could be
Wants to date, have a ball on your dime with no sex.
Wants to date, have a ball w possible sex if you are hot enough
Wants to date, have a ball and rob you.
Wants to date, have a ball and see if you are marriage material.
Wants to date, have a ball and see if you will buy her a car with no sex.
Wants to date and willing to have sex for a car/rent
Wants to date when her hubby's out of town and doesn't want you to be clingy
Doesn't intend to date at all
Numerous other possibilities

All you can do is meet people or not.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/7/2017 6:35:33 AM
I avoid the ones that say,,,Want to get Married...:)
Seriously, I pay little to no attention to what a person puts as intent but I do read the rest of the profile.
At my age....I could change my intent everyday and it could have a different meaning "to me" each time.
Sheesh....but while we're at it...
Don't you think Taurus people are the most attractive?
 Maleman999
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/7/2017 7:14:36 AM
"Don't you think Taurus people are the most attractive?"

I know a couple of people who drive a Ford Taurus, and I wouldn't consider them all that attractive.
 Walts
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/7/2017 7:43:20 AM

Don't you think Taurus people are the most attractive?

Of course we are.

But, we are also a-holes.

That's what I've been told anyways. ;)
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/7/2017 8:50:40 AM

I know a couple of people who drive a Ford Taurus, and I wouldn't consider them all that attractive.

HAHAHAHAH....that was funny. What about people who drive Yugos?
==
On topic....Wants to date but nothing serious is just that, nothing more, nothing less. When I was OLD.....no wait a minute I am not O L D....When I was online dating, I used to steer clear from "seeking marriage or whatever that phrase was" because it is too much info too soon. If you are on a first date with someone who is seeking marriage, I would keep wondering when the guy was going to pop the questions rather than just taking time getting to know him. IMO
 2ufo2
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/7/2017 8:58:08 AM

It means...

"Out of the limited options that I was given, this is mostly the one that I felt like at that moment but that could change based on something about you, something about me, or nothing at all."
 cindi_rella
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/7/2017 9:16:57 AM
It means theyre still shopping around and will date different ones until they find someone worth getting 'serious' with.
 nyct7720
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 4:26:42 AM
According to another source it means that she wants to see multiple men but no commitment its the same as casual dating no commitment except in casual dating I would be expecting sex with no intent for a deeper relationship but if one happened she would have to accept my sexual orientation
 forumfairy
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 4:47:53 AM
To me, it means, dating someone but not exclusively. It also means Don't get attached because even though there might be a small chance things could go somewhere, chances are they wont.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 11:21:36 AM

According to another source it means that she wants to see multiple men but no commitment

Not necessarily that she wants to see multiple guys if she's already seeing one but-nothing-serious. People have busy lives, and they're not Wanting to see multiple guys, but more like, they have that option open and may, if fitting.

its the same as casual dating no commitment except in casual dating I would be expecting sex with no intent for a deeper relationship

Yeah, pretty much. If you're just casually dating, it doesn't mean sex-off-the-bat, but yeah, like Any form of dating -- there's going to be sexual relations if you're going out on one date after another. Any form of dating, if they both Do in fact Like each other off the bat, the Very Common trend is that it will result in sex by date #3-5.

Which is why not being tied down in a Relationship by itself for a long time will get eyebrows raised. Either you're too much a homebody and not dating, or if you're socially active out there -- ummm, your "number" of sexual partners is going to rise up whether you like it or not (assuming you click well with a fair % of them).

if one happened she would have to accept my sexual orientation

I see that you're Pansexual. I never really got the difference between that and Bi. Basically Bi but open to transexuals, too, right?
 julystorm7
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/3/2018 5:33:32 PM
I have this as my status because honestly, I'm maybe a bit commitment-phobic. I'm terrified about getting stuck with someone I don't love again and putting this as my status protects me a bit. If I meet a guy who wants something more and I'm just not sure I feel the same, I can always point out that I said from the get-go on my profile that I wasn't wanting something serious. Also, my life is way too busy to spend tons of hours within someone so I don't have time for serious. What I would like is regular sex (yes, I'm admitting it) but with the same person. I'm not interested in having this type of relationship with someone who is seeing other people at the same time. I want short-term commitment. If things get too serious I would possibly bail even if I liked someone at this point.
 daynadaze
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 5:44:26 PM
I can't be in a relationship before I meet someone and then date them. That doesn't mean I am going to be seeing others too, but certainly one can if they choose too, it just means I am not going to pretend every new person I meet is a relationship, and I would stay away from seeing men who do that. Those are fake relationships.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 5:54:08 PM

I have this as my status because honestly, I'm maybe a bit commitment-phobic.

But you also don't like feeling single. :)

Also, my life is way too busy to spend tons of hours within someone so I don't have time for serious.

You could -- it's just a lower % chance than normal that it'd jive well with a guy who'd want more. Another busy guy where your schedules do mesh -- it could happen, sure (just not Expecting it). I think the main thing isn't that, but like you say, "getting stuck with someone I don't love".

What I would like is regular sex (yes, I'm admitting it) but with the same person. I'm not interested in having this type of relationship with someone who is seeing other people at the same time.

Then you're not single and you're an item. Some may say casual dating, but, not to have sex with others at the same time... meaning, they can go out, get #s, go out on dates, but, if they end up sleeping with someone, to put you and they on-hold for a while, at least.

And let's be realistic -- you can't preemptively do a "short term commitment" unless they're moving or something. Otherwise, it's Weird. And if you do like them, you won't want it to be a "we expire on July 30th" sort of thing anyway. :)

If things get too serious I would possibly bail even if I liked someone at this point.

It doesn't have to be serious. Length of time doesn't mean Serious BF/GF. Casually seeing each other can be indefinite, although, sure, it will be more serious after 6 months than it was after date #3. But it "tops out" at just-dating, if you play your cards right by not getting romantic + not taking trips together + not seeing each other back-to-back-to-back in the sparse times it's open & free to do so.

However, if you're cutting yourselves both off from even going out on dates with anyone else -- it'll be hard not to take advantage of that, when you genuinely Do like them (and vice versa). :)
 julystorm7
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/3/2018 6:06:36 PM
I actually like the sound of putting an expiration date on a relationship. At least its better than FWB. Define a few key perimeters and end things before it gets serious. Perfecto.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/3/2018 6:24:58 PM

It means two things:

1. They want to date;
2. They want nothing serious.

Glad to have cleared up this seemingly-unanswerable conundrum. You're welcome.

Ladyinred0407
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 7:41:30 PM
OKKKKaaayy, Mr Ms blonde moptop, You gone and doneit now!
2 lines that's it? Whowoulda thunk it!
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 8:38:26 PM
Intent __TEXASCHICK__ is looking for a relationship. For: Dating,,,,, because
I'm open to a Relationship, possibly to someone special.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/4/2018 2:42:22 AM

(Ladyinred0407) OKKKKaaayy, Mr Ms blonde moptop, You gone and doneit now!
2 lines that's it? Whowoulda thunk it!

Yes, my shrewd and insightful mind allows me to pin-point the core issue of a problem, reducing it to to its bare essence, and arrive at a clear, concise answer where others are reduced to tears by the seeming complexity.

No need to thank me, Citizen: it is my pleasure to be of service to you Mere Mortals...
 Kelley300698
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/22/2018 9:00:10 PM
It could mean that she is in situation such as separated or going through a length divorce, that doesn't permit her to have a serious relationship. However, in my opinion, in most cases, it doesn't mean much of anything. If in her eyes, you are more desirable than other men she can attract, she will marry you if that's what you want.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2018 10:01:24 PM

I actually like the sound of putting an expiration date on a relationship. At least its better than FWB.

First, an expiration date's not going to really apply in society where the two end up hitting it off. It's going to be overruled if they have a decent amt of being into each other. It's really no different than FWB. It sort of turns it into that.

__TEXASCHICK__ is looking for a relationship. For: Dating,,,,, because
I'm open to a Relationship

So, are you LOOKING for a relationship, or are you merely Open to a relationship?

Bob: So, what are your thoughts on being in a relationship?
Sally: I'm open to the idea...
Bob: Okay, so you're not LOOKING for a relationship, but you're just open to it...
Sally: No, I'm looking for a relationship.
Bob: Who's on first?
Sally: Every first date, if it goes well!
Bob: That's not what I meant!
 julystorm7
Msg: 75
Posted: 4/23/2018 12:22:18 AM
But having an expiration date on a relationship or a FWB thing would mean I have a way to bail before I get way too attached. Cause I know a long-term relationship isn't going to be in the cards for me, I know I'm not allowed that now in my life so I will know that any relationship I have will be short-term. If I know it'll be short-term I can set the parameters.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What does "Wants to date but nothing serious" mean?