Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What does "Wants to date but nothing serious" mean?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 76
view profile
History
What does Wants to date but nothing serious mean?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

But having an expiration date on a relationship or a FWB thing would mean I have a way to bail before I get way too attached.

Not really. You'll need it to be something like "I'm moving to [California] in 4 months," for that to happen. Playing house like that isn't going to hold any weight and will phase out fast. It needs actual enforcement, even if you two prefer it to Not end. And FWB *or* Relationship? A Relationship indicates it's going to last a While. Good luck trying to enforce that or even have it last To the expiration date all the time - LOL. Not going to work. I think you're seeing particular situation or two with the thoughts of "If we agreed that it'd only last [x] long, then..." But when facing reality, it's not really going to work that way.

Best to do is to keep it casual. That's what casual dating's about. Big age gaps help this -- it prevents it from getting Serious, hence the 28 year old guy dating a 42 year old babe actually being a good thing, when non-serious dating's in the cards for both parties. It's hissed upon by jealousy but it actually has something concrete that you can't ignore (age difference) that helps Keep it casual. Having a faux expiration date just-because isn't going to work with most people. Mine as well just say you just want things casual, and keep it that way -- even when you do have an open Saturday night, but opt Not to see Brad, because you two did go out and pork like bunnies on Friday night (unless you or he's going to be quite unavailable for some time after).
 browneyesboo
Msg: 77
view profile
History
What does Wants to date but nothing serious mean?
Posted: 4/23/2018 11:19:59 AM
It means I will go out with you, but I won't marry you.
I won't move in with you.
I'll have sex with you.
But when you find someone else you want to spend time
with and have sex with, we'll wave bye bye with no
hard feelings.
 cooldog65
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2018 11:23:56 AM
^^^ I keep posting after you, but I'm not stalking you...

Casually date, but no relationship.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2018 11:33:53 AM
^^^Well bummers...and here I was admiring your good taste!

Yeah, what Mr. Cooldog says..no relationship, but I'll still share
my stuff.
 reverendswine
Msg: 80
Posted: 4/23/2018 12:12:16 PM
It means one does not want a relationship, but if you hand this question over to the average slicing, dicing, and dissecting of every word forumite, it could very well mean "Marry me right now!!!" by the time they're done with it.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/23/2018 3:51:22 PM
which returns us to the unfortunate realization that...no matter what you do, you screwed up your chances with someone.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2018 7:22:48 AM
It means they want to use you until something better comes along or they get bored and can no longer tolerate you lol.
 from site to sight
Msg: 83
Posted: 4/25/2018 7:32:32 AM
Is the traditional rule of dating still expected to remain the same-where the man pays for everything-if the dates become more like two friends or acquaintances just getting together from time to time?
 Robertatherese
Msg: 84
Posted: 5/5/2018 2:52:58 AM
We beautiful women have standards and can't get it anywhere. Men avoid beauty like the plague because so many are average below average in looks. THOSE are the ones who get all sex and marriages. I know more very physically unattractive women who have been married 3x while models can't get dates.I've been told I 'intimidate' men. Thanks for wasting my reproductive years because you all were intimidated! I have more balls than most men
 Robertatherese
Msg: 85
Posted: 5/5/2018 2:54:18 AM
Too bad pesky human emotions get in the way because that's what sex and intimacy was created for.. but people haven't figured that out in the last 52 years.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 86
Posted: 5/5/2018 4:27:12 AM
Beautiful people have standards, b/c they can get away with them. Out where I live, Robert, beautiful women end up with beautiful men. People who are beautiful only on the outside, however...serial date. My mother taught me as a child to ask out the beautiful women, b/c they rarely got asked out. I found that to not be the case at all--beautiful men asked them out, b/c the BM had nothing to fear--they only heard a "no" from taken women.
 ohenryx
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2018 9:34:40 AM

We beautiful women have standards and can't get it anywhere.

My first thought: what is this IT that you can’t get just because you’re beautiful?

My second thought: who in god’s name told you that you were beautiful?

My third thought: Didn’t your mother teach you at a very early age that it’s very unbecoming to refer to yourself as beautiful?
 sun___flower
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2018 9:40:09 AM
I have a feeling that poster (Robertatherese) is a male regular.
 cooldog65
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2018 11:03:56 AM

After a short hiatus, Henry's back and he's on fire...
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2018 11:16:32 AM

It means they want to use you until something better comes along or they get bored and can no longer tolerate you lol.

Lol. No, I think you dislike casual dating because you associate it with, thus unfortunately defining it as a 1-way street. When we're too bound by wanting to be wanted (lower esteem), we end up seeing things that way. And those who do casually date can still find someone they want more than casual with. There's not only 1 card in the deck. So a gal who is open to casually dating some folks Can still find a guy who will wash her hair and feed her chicken McNuggets. :)

Is the traditional rule of dating still expected to remain the same-where the man pays for everything-if the dates become more like two friends or acquaintances just getting together from time to time?

Casually dating doesn't mean you're just-friends or acquaintances. It's more like the 10th date is the same as the 3rd date, as far as seriousness is concerned. You stay in the "green room". But to answer your question of paying, yes, the guy is (unfortunately) "supposed" to pay, and almost always he does. Heck, too many guys aim to & do pay when it's not even a date but it's a female he knows of, where he thinks he's got a chance to have a chance. :)

We beautiful women have standards and can't get it anywhere.

Beautiful & non-beautiful women have standards -- and some more than others. Actual beautiful women get their standards met easier than other women (all women can't be beautiful or pretty; the words ugly & beautiful require Differences in looks).

Men avoid beauty like the plague because so many are average below average in looks.

What? Huh? Men do not avoid beauty like the plague. If anything, they're Too enamored with it. If a woman is below average in looks, by definition she lacks beauty -- so I don't know what you mean.

I know more very physically unattractive women who have been married 3x while models can't get dates.

Being married is Zero accomplishment -- anyone can get married, so I don't know why you hold that as an 'accomplishment' in your comparison. But if you're a model, yes, you can get dates, by default easier than the next gal. If a model doesn't think so, she's delusional (which, yes, guys will stay away from crazy gals; sans 1-night stands if the timing's right).

Too bad pesky human emotions get in the way because that's what sex and intimacy was created for..

Yeah, but we're also created where we can have sex for fun, too. :) I think it's culture that keeps many in LTR-only mode when it comes to sexual relations. Which I understand, even though I proudly don't abide by that nonsense. I mean, would a guy want his daughter having sex outside trying to make a baby with her I'm-at-your-service husband? Or even think about it (shudder)? Heck no. So we perpetuate that concept with those we raise. And with some, that cultural conditioning Sticks into adulthood.

Ouch! lol
 Tyro327
Msg: 91
Posted: 5/5/2018 1:14:40 PM

My thought to this oh he definitely would throw her out of bed for eating crackers.
 siisaa
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2018 5:36:53 PM
When I see that, I take it as the person wants to meet new people and see where it goes. It doesn't become serious until the people in the relationship decide it becomes serious. As it pertains to online-dating, these are randoms. Who in their right mind would become serious about a stranger right off the bat? That's why profiles with "wants to find someone to marry" as intent give me anxiety.
 cooldog65
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2018 9:43:10 PM

That's why profiles with "wants to find someone to marry" as intent give me anxiety.

I see that intent mostly in Asian women's profiles. If they're looking for a green card, I'm the wrong choice.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2018 10:44:16 AM

When I see that, I take it as the person wants to meet new people and see where it goes.

Which, as you point out, is how it is in Any situation... and dare I say, regardless of intent on the dating scene. From my experience, a gal saying date-but-nothing-serious is not really any different than wanting a relationship+Dating as her choice below. A gal may not pick date-but-nothing-serious to give the impression she wants hookups, and when it boils down to it -- if she digs ya, she digs ya... if she doesn't that much, she doesn't that much.

Plenty of situations occur where the gal (or guy) explicitly "isn't looking for a BF/GF" -- but then they meet someone, after a couple dates really hit it off, and become an item rather swiftly.
 BretIAm
Msg: 95
Posted: 6/11/2018 11:45:03 AM
siisaa said:

When I see that, I take it as the person wants to meet new people and see where it goes.

Exactly. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), many take it to mean s/he's just looking for FWB/FB/DTF or whatever your preferred acronym is for no strings attached sex.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2018 6:14:37 PM
NG,,, ya made me laugh.

dating/relating= confusion for most of us.
 from site to sight
Msg: 97
Posted: 6/11/2018 7:11:35 PM
It means not flying out to Vegas and having Elvis perform the wedding ceremony on the first date-although no doubt, some would go along with that-if that's what it takes to snag a spouse.
 bearcat44
Msg: 98
Posted: 10/19/2018 5:22:52 PM
Time to WAKE UP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVXdxaaRiAU&t=87s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pPGijYBaVE

Time to WAKE UP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVXdxaaRiAU&t=87s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pPGijYBaVE
 bearcat44
Msg: 99
Posted: 10/21/2018 4:24:18 PM
Ready for a Blast of REALITY?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQfBt_GxYaI
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2018 6:51:05 PM
So, are you LOOKING for a relationship, or are you merely Open to a relationship?
^^^ good Lord NG you are a pain at times,,, lol
I'm OPEN to one. at 58 the main guy i even remotely want in my life is 6 months old. lol
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What does "Wants to date but nothing serious" mean?