Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What does "Wants to date but nothing serious" mean?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 100
view profile
History
What does Wants to date but nothing serious mean?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
So, are you LOOKING for a relationship, or are you merely Open to a relationship?
^^^ good Lord NG you are a pain at times,,, lol
I'm OPEN to one. at 58 the main guy i even remotely want in my life is 6 months old. lol
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 101
view profile
History
What does Wants to date but nothing serious mean?
Posted: 11/3/2018 4:35:41 AM
lol....to each their own....I'm here for a FWB and explain without being to harsh what I expect....course I have had some women that have to give me crap about it but if they can't read then they have a problem....I don't badger people and do chat if provoked....most want a relationship and in saying that there's tons of repeaters here like they throw a person away if things don't work out....it's the way these days...
 geekgrrrl
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2018 9:14:43 PM
It means they wanna hit and quit it. Unless of course they decide they like it and then they'll stick around longer. It's not about you its about the sex. They wanna tap it long before they decide if they like you the person.

Avoid those people unless you're one of them and if so use each other to your hearts content.
 DawnNuSun
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2018 8:13:12 AM
Probably it means different things to different folks. To me it means the person wants to meet someone to go out with, have fun times together, have friendship, companionship that does not lead to marriage or a serious relationship. Casual dating can mean casual sex is involved, or not. There is no way to know what anyone means without asking.
 I_Am_Con_S_Tip_ated
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2018 2:46:14 AM
IMO, means they don't give a crap
 ohenryx
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2018 9:22:50 AM
Some of you people need to lighten up. I go out on dates to have fun. I go to work to be serious, to achieve satisfaction from getting the job done, and doing it well. And, yes, because they pay me to be there.

Entirely different things, “dating” and “serious”.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2018 10:28:36 AM
Some of you people need to lighten up. I go out on dates to have fun. I go to work to be serious, to achieve satisfaction from getting the job done, and doing it well. And, yes, because they pay me to be there.

Entirely different things, “dating” and “serious”.
correct!
I think it is obvious that you aren't going to continue a relationship that you don't enjoy .The expression of ball and chain makes me think that people hooked up who didn't have fun with each other.
 MichaelD1974
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2018 10:30:15 AM
In many instances, "wants to date but nothing serious" means a person is keeping options open aka hoping someone better comes along.
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2018 10:54:58 AM
Who gets serious with a stranger on the first or second date, or a few subsequent dates? It seems like the people who object to it are the "Looking to get married" crowd, who feel dates should be interviews for the job opening of spouse.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2018 12:30:07 PM

Who gets serious with a stranger on the first or second date, or a few subsequent dates?

True -- which is why it obviously doesn't refer to the first dates, but instead, the ideal type of situation that comes to one's mind.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What does "Wants to date but nothing serious" mean?