Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is this pointless!!!!!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 loveisatemple
Msg: 49
Yes, this is hypocritical! Or, at least, a fake pity party!Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
They are always sobbing( king of pain) about being bereft of the warm enveloping embrace of companionship that, apparently everybody but they enjoy (uglies, fatties, average lives..like broken cookies..don't count)

They scold at people's blind insensitivity "you have no idea what it is like to have an empty inbox!"( msgs from fat people, old folks, etc..Don't count)

Sure we're hardwired to want youth and beauty. Just admit your superficiality, and accept the long wait others bear quietly, that may be forever unabated by a rescue team.
They claim they msg average, yeah instead of Megan Fox, it is Sandra Bullock, because they have range, and are so grounded.

Settling is what others should do, for them, never a two way situation.

Very fantasy, pie in sky, notions of what a ltr is. It is supposed to avenge all the prior suffering.

Oh and they will justify wanting a younger, in shape woman. Just be honest about it.

You want what everybody else wants, hence the problem.

The old "it is not fair, people are rejecting me for being old, having sub optimal traits", and yet you are doing the same, but not admitting it.

Then the women ranters claim women are arrogant and cold, demand perfection, yeah bet you treat women you don't find attractive dismissively as well, maybe not to be mean, but to discourage them.

So, basically the poor me folks are rejecting people, but That's just fine. They seem to resent the same done to them. Or, at least, they get overly agitated.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Is this pointless!!!!!!
Posted: 1/31/2016 10:37:42 AM
Yes, it is possible. You're a decent looking guy -- you shouldn't be a struggling type. Is it darn near impossible to find a hot 28 year old gal, when you're 50-something (and not rich)? Yes. Is it darn near impossible to find a gal in your age range, in your league? No. Not necessarily easy (because there's more men than women), but not near impossible. Online you're going to have interest-turned-poof-gone all over the place. But don't take the gals you had your heart set on as All Women and All Opportunities.
 ddawson60
Msg: 51
Is this pointless!!!!!!
Posted: 2/3/2016 11:40:57 PM
probably... is, but we men keep on keeping on because its a natural hormone and program to be drivien within us to mate and procreate .
 ddawson60
Msg: 52
Is this pointless!!!!!!
Posted: 2/4/2016 12:10:28 AM
"" Many people hanker me about the fact that dates are about getting to know someone, but all I really think about is just having a great time, going out, being in someone's company with absolutely no obligation to them in any shape or form. See, my goal is to have a great time... You never know who is going be who in your life,"" and theres your answer.... the truth is ok. So guys understand it for what it is-reality. A GOOD TIME-YOUR THE ENTERTAINMENT guys. This by the way is the same way MEN treated WOMEN for decades upon decades, a play thing for their entertainment.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 53
Is this pointless!!!!!!
Posted: 2/4/2016 6:57:31 AM
^^^^^

What exactly was your point about that?

What exactly is wrong or deceitful about wanting to go out and having a great time? I've spelled it out on my profile that I'm not looking to jump into anything right away, and that I am single until I find what I am looking for. I think it is a lot healthier to go out with people and have a great time, than go with tunnel vision looking to fit that person into boyfriend category or not, that's unnecessary pressure on a stranger. Every one knows that things are smoother when you're relaxed, not all tense and chemistry-focused.

This isn't like I'm stating I'm looking for marriage, when its really about a hookup, you know................like some men do, lol.
 Cdan1957
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Is this pointless!!!!!!
Posted: 2/4/2016 7:14:14 AM
If it is not about having fun, whats the point? I think the first date is having fun and seeing if there is a mutual interest and a second date.
 Chromis1
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Is this pointless!!!!!!
Posted: 2/4/2016 9:27:01 AM

If it is not about having fun, whats the point? I think the first date is having fun and seeing if there is a mutual interest and a second date.

Right on.

Fun dates vs. kidney stone dates. Which is to say, I'd rather be passing a kidney stone than to sit there for one more minute listening to her talk about her hair. I've had a handful of kidney stone dates. I'll keep those in mind next time I find myself in the ER.

P.S. With a kidney stone comes great drugs. With a kidney stone date I can't consume enough alcohol to deaden the pain.
 Like2dance
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Is this pointless!!!!!!
Posted: 2/4/2016 9:42:44 AM
I do not bother with this site for dating due to the age difference restriction.
 seadog242
Msg: 57
Is this pointless!!!!!!
Posted: 2/4/2016 11:03:32 AM
^^^ Your posts sound like you're a little bit of a perv.
 gtomustang
Msg: 58
or is it point full?
Posted: 2/4/2016 3:39:49 PM
well....does getting to know someone, and having a fun time...have to be exclusive? For some, I guess the answer is yes--they take life seriously. nothing wrong with that. others find life is fun, so "getting to know someone" means finding out how much fun they are, and are willing to share. Of course, life has its dour, sour moments. It would be nice to know that Mr. Entertainment doesn't turn into just another clown when a lass needs him to step up and be a man.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 59
or is it point full?
Posted: 2/4/2016 3:42:37 PM

life has its dour, sour moments.

Yes, like letters from the IRS.

As Alan Thicke says on his radio commercial, they aren't sending you a Happy Birthday message.
 gtomustang
Msg: 60
or is it point full?
Posted: 2/5/2016 5:52:52 AM
well,hopefully you aren't speaking from recent experience. I was lucky the last letter from the IRS, but before that they weren't great at settling my stomach, so I got your point.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is this pointless!!!!!!