Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Finding the Right Person is Hard and Getting Harder, Particularly, if      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ImagineBliss
Msg: 26
Finding the Right Person is Hard and Getting Harder, Particularly, if You are a Person of FaithPage 2 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
As an atheist, I happily date Christians, Jews and Buddhists with one caveat: “Don’t try to convert me.” To insist that every man I date is an atheist would be self-defeating and lonely.

Many couples have a partner who is more religious than the other. My friend Ellen enjoys Bible study with women friends while her husband skips church.

Which aspect of your religious faith do you want to share with a man? Bible study? You can join Bible study with people in your church.

I understand the yearning to share the wonder and joy of life with someone we love. Hiking is a transcendent, uplifting experience for me. Shared recreational activities are a bonding experience for couples. That’s why I want an experienced hiker.

I suggest you reconsider your deal breakers. I am doing the same. One can’t have everything.
 kj521
Msg: 27
Finding the Right Person is Hard and Getting Harder, Particularly, if You are a Person of Faith
Posted: 1/28/2016 11:00:41 AM
Ms. LH?

"I suggest you reconsider your deal breakers. I am doing the same. One can’t have everything."

Normally...I would say.....You go girl! But....in this particular case....I think you may be starting too big.

I'm thinkin' tic tac guy would probably be a much easier start. Just my opinion, though.

Good luck to you! :D
 Hearton64
Msg: 28
Finding the Right Person is Hard and Getting Harder, Particularly, if You are a Person of Faith
Posted: 1/28/2016 12:14:08 PM
You've saved yourself for marriage,have waited
42 years, can't find a Christian man in a very religious state,
Blew your chances of conceiving kids and may never marry
all for your faith?

Ouch! Thanks for reminding me why I'm a humanist.

That makes me really sad for you and those who believe
sex is a sin instead of a human need and pleasure
that should be enjoyed within a loving relationship
Even if it's not a marriage.

At 42 and older most men have been married and divorced
With a couple kids. Finding a Christian virgin who
waited too long isn't a high priority.

I'm in New Bern,NC and it was hard to find
my non Christian in this Christian state!

On a lighter note...

If he's got a frozen fish stick,
do you have a dried up taco?

Church, Christian mingle or try this?

http://www.loveandseek.com/v3/externalsearch/north-carolina/wilmington/single-christian-women
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/28/2016 12:30:32 PM
check out meetup.com, i see a lot of religion based meetups. maybe that's another place besides church to meet people, men hopefully, with the same interest.
 Hearton64
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/28/2016 12:58:39 PM
I have to wonder what you were doing
for the past 22 years to find a mate?
 Elsadora
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/28/2016 2:29:03 PM
So what 80 percent of unmarried Christians have engaged in premarital sex? They can all call themselves Moses reincarnate, but it doesn't make them so.

If you are going to call yourself a Christian you should walk the walk. If you are a fallen Christian, you are instructed to repent and give up the ghost, whatever ghost that is . If you are a new Christian, the Bible says we are new creatures before our lord. All old things should fall away. That doesn't mean you wont have stumbles along the way, but either way you are supposed to be authentic. If you are going to church on Sunday, bur living the world the other 6 days are you really being authentic? No,you are living a lie. How can you possibly call yourself a Christian if you don't yield to its most basic tenets.? It is far better to call yourself what you are than what you are not. To thine own self be true, isn't that Shakespeare said? Then proclaim it! But don't fly a false flag.
 Nj2ut
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/28/2016 2:53:26 PM
Are you here to debate what makes someone a Christian or are you here to learn how to improve your chances of meeting someone your compatible with?
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 33
 kj521
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/28/2016 2:58:02 PM
"How can you possibly call yourself a Christian if you don't yield to its most basic tenets.?"

Would one of those tenets have a little something to do with judging others? How can you possibly question the right of anyone to call themselves a Christian? When being a Christian has nothing to do with how well you follow the rules but the belief in Jesus Christ as the Messiah?

Interesting.....
 Elsadora
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/28/2016 3:05:09 PM
I was answering another poster who quoted that 80 percent of Christian singles engage in premarital sex, and was basically pointing out the hypocrisy of it all

To answer your question, one of my needs quoted on my description is a belief in God. I am listed as Christian. The first thing I ask when replying to profiles that are listed as Christian, Methodist, Baptist, what have you is if they attend Church or not. If they say yes, then I can only hope they are semi serious.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2016 3:41:52 PM
OP, When you say you need a person of faith I am assuming you are referring to someone who shares faith in the same God you believe in?

I have faith in many things that have proven worthy of said faith..... For instance, I have faith that the sun will come up in the east tomorrow. I have faith that the moon will shine at night. I also have faith that we're all here on this crazy planet and for the most part I have faith that the world is spherical shaped.

I guess you could say I don't necessarily believe all I read. But, belief is ,at least to me something that we consider true based on our own life experiences and analyses of such. So OP I'd keep looking and maybe start at churches that preach your faith.
 marrakech7
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/28/2016 5:16:54 PM
Many of those that attend church every Sunday are also some of the very worst offenders of every "sin" imaginable. Many of the most righteous and moral and true have never set foot in a church.

Put it on your profile. Do everyone a favour.
 Walts
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/28/2016 5:58:52 PM

I have faith in many things that have proven worthy of said faith.....

I agree.

My faith is always questioned when I am standing chest deep in a flowing river in January as snow flutters down, tossing feathers at some unseen silver fishies. In fact, one of the supposed reasons my ex walked was she found out I was basically certifiable because of my faith in those beautiful fish. With faith comes some reward.
 kj521
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/28/2016 6:16:49 PM
Well Walts....

I agree that with faith can have great reward.

For instance....I have faith that Whiskey and Tequila can be seemingly opposites but beautifully complimentary. :D
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/28/2016 8:50:22 PM

If you are going to church on Sunday, bur living the world the other 6 days are you really being authentic? No,you are living a lie.

Living a lie?

Interesting. God wants to sleep with a human so it comes as a ghost to a woman that has been betroth to another and procures a **stard. Later on, even though some of the gospels where written by people that are claimed to be Jesus brother she is considered a virgin. That is two lies, right off the bat. So Jesus is of the house of David. No he is not. His step father Joseph is.
What is interesting is all this are stuff written and collected for political reasons during the third century at Nicoceas to decide who would be a heretic and burned, and who would become doctrine, all so the Emperor who converted could consolidate his power, that was Constantine.
Under that lie they went back to the land of Judea centuries later and slaughtered and covered the streets of Jerusalem with non-Christian blood.

In the current American version of Christianity it considers refugees bad, anyone with a different way of thinking bad, and the rich and the pursuit of those riches at the expense of others and the environment good.

I wonder who is living a lie.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2016 5:44:24 AM

I was answering another poster who quoted that 80 percent of Christian singles engage in premarital sex, and was basically pointing out the hypocrisy of it all

I agree with you, which is why I gave up being a Christian and became Buddhist. Not just as concerns premarital sex, but a host of other reasons. But Christian are focused on sex and related matters as sin quite a bit.

For one thing, I think the focus on sex creates distortions in how Christians behave, another problem is their cognitive dissonance.

My ex-wife was raised by Catholic nuns, she occasionally reminded priests of their duties. I have more than a passing knowledge of the Catholic religion. Her faith convinced me that I was more closely aligned to Buddhism.
 deetristate
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/29/2016 12:50:40 PM
Don't take the answers personally. This group lives for mocking.
The whole Seinfeld unkind humor thingy.

I agree with what I believe is answer 29. There are Christian Meet-up groups.
You can probably meet someone there.

I have found few men online dating who like let alone respect women. There are some, but it is a hunt. But they are there. Like Marshall's, you have to hunt for something nice.

Also, there are still a few papers that have less controlled dating sites and some still have some in the actual real paper. You should lead with your desire- Christian woman seeking Christian man for marriage. In bold.

I have a couple of friends who were very successful that way.

Also, I had my kids late and they are great. It is all individual biology and desire.

Also, tell your minister and random people what you want. You'd be surprised by who has a friend also looking.

Anyway, good luck.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/29/2016 1:24:21 PM
don't be too surprised if every "Christian" is not "perfect" ..even far from it
 gtomustang
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/29/2016 3:28:22 PM
Admittedly, its a little unusual to see someone "not bad looking" have an issue finding a date, even with some restrictions upon what they are looking for, but....in my small town in a liberal state, the church-goers tend to get married early on so they can start building the family. So, perhaps there aren't as many singles available after the age of 30 to choose from.

It is what it is, and if God is indeed in charge, then things will come when He is ready. There is a plan.
 marrakech7
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/29/2016 4:21:56 PM
Ms. Deetristate, many have told this woman to put it front and centre on her profile. I see even a good Christian woman like you is divorced. I hope God does t judge you like you judge others.
 deetristate
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/29/2016 5:52:44 PM
I'm Christian?
In any event, my understanding is that Christianity and Judaism and Catholicism, etc. are all about imperfect people striving to be better and inviting others to that goal, if they so choose.

So, divorced. . . meh.

Ouija2025
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/29/2016 6:09:31 PM
I thought church was for Sinners?
So we know that since this thread
No sex before marriage ( but what of after marriage)
Some religions are well gosh darn better than others
Born again means the bodies in the basement null and void
I mean honestly?
I worship at the altar of material goods and sleep well at night.
Nor have I ever harmed some one knowingly.
I sense a prize package ( chosen just for me) a coming. Please let it be shoes
I am a person of Wraith
 marrakech7
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/29/2016 7:24:40 PM
"In any event, my understanding is that Christianity and Judaism and Catholicism, etc. are all about imperfect people striving to be better and inviting others to that goal, if they so choose."

My understanding is that some of the above mentioned think they already ARE perfect and seek same, hence this thread. I'm sure the OP isn't going to settle for someone "striving" to be better. I doubt she will find her 40 or 45 year old God fearing virgin. What she will find is good men her age that have a good heart and clear mind that may have danced around the edges at times. He might have a child or two and a divorce or two. If she has an open mind and an open heart she will see the good in many men out there. But I think she has a closed mind. JMO.
 deetristate
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/30/2016 4:34:38 AM
I understand what you are saying, Marra. No one is perfect. However, I didn't get that from OP at all. That is how she described herself. She may find a man who was a drug dealer man-whore who has now become born again and is more Christian than many. Maybe I missed the post where she said that he had to be perfect.

Others with the Pillory and scoffing of the faithful suggests that those who do the ridiculing have some doubt about their "dis-belief."
 Walts
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/30/2016 5:46:09 AM

No one is perfect. However, I didn't get that from OP at all. That is how she described herself. She may find a man who was a drug dealer man-whore who has now become born again and is more Christian than many. Maybe I missed the post where she said that he had to be perfect.

Actually, the requirement seems to be a definition, from the OP, what a "Christian" actually is.....

If you are going to call yourself a Christian you should walk the walk. If you are a fallen Christian, you are instructed to repent and give up the ghost, whatever ghost that is . If you are a new Christian, the Bible says we are new creatures before our lord. All old things should fall away. That doesn't mean you wont have stumbles along the way, but either way you are supposed to be authentic. If you are going to church on Sunday, bur living the world the other 6 days are you really being authentic? No,you are living a lie. How can you possibly call yourself a Christian if you don't yield to its most basic tenets.? It is far better to call yourself what you are than what you are not. To thine own self be true, isn't that Shakespeare said? Then proclaim it! But don't fly a false flag.

So, did you miss that one? Or were you too busy making that shiat up in your mind, and then blindly commenting about how evil the gang of posters who live for mockery?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Finding the Right Person is Hard and Getting Harder, Particularly, if You are a Person of Faith