Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Finding the Right Person is Hard and Getting Harder, Particularly, if      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 marrakech7
Msg: 76
Finding the Right Person is Hard and Getting Harder, Particularly, if You are a Person of FaithPage 4 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
The bible is a book written by men and interpreted by m n for years. God did t wrote it, a bunch of men wrote it, it's a book just like "Harry Potter".

Why doesn't the OP change her profile to state EXACTLY what she is looking for? Her profile is no different than anyone else's profile so every guy out there will message her and she will complain that the "right" ones aren't messaging her. If, for example, you want a black dwarf that loves doing the Hokey Pokey, put it on your profile. So quit bytchin about the imperfect guys that message you and do a little work and change up your profile to add - Must be a God fearing man.

And no one is making fun of the OP and her faith. I just can't believe that at 42 she can't openly ask for or state what she wants.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 77
Finding the Right Person is Hard and Getting Harder, Particularly, if You are a Person of Faith
Posted: 1/31/2016 2:15:47 PM

The Right Person is Hard and Getting Harder

For crying out loud, marry him already!
 10_million
Msg: 78
Finding the Right Person is Hard and Getting Harder, Particularly, if You are a Person of Faith
Posted: 1/31/2016 3:06:44 PM
I became single again almost 20 years ago. When I 1st started dating, I heard over & over from men: If a woman is single & looking & good looking, either she is too picky or crazy.

I found some things posted on the net that I am putting in here as they MIGHT apply...

an older, childless woman who has never been married. A "spinster" is not simply a "single" woman, but a woman who has not formed a human pair bond by the time she is approaching or has reached menopause and the end of her reproductive lifespan

A woman who kept on believing in fairytale-like love stories for too long.

If a good looking woman is 42, has had no long term relationship, not necessarily marriage, but living together, having a child, or a steady BF, IMO there is a deep seated psychological or physiological problem. When people are young, the urge to merge is so strong...

This does not mean said person is horrible, just lacking some element to be able to participate in an intimate relationship, not just physically, but emotionally. Using religion as a shield or an excuse is not uncommon either.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 79
Posted: 1/31/2016 3:22:10 PM
1 Corinthians 7:8..it is better to remain unmarried.

OP, Why defy the Bible?
 10_million
Msg: 80
Posted: 1/31/2016 3:31:37 PM
if someone truly has faith, they wouldn't be pessimistic & say it is harder...they would trust in God!

When my kids were little we attended church, they were in youth programs & I volunteered, etc.

One of the Deacons was married to a divorced woman who was very chatty.

She said if someone wants to get married, they will get married, if they don't, it's because they don't really want to be married, deep down.

Someone over 40 who was never married is obviously not all that marriage-minded or they would already have been.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/psychology/511217-so-can-anyone-illuminate-psychology-never-6.html#ixzz3yrrO7P2o
 BBEisBack
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2016 4:39:45 PM
http://epistle.us/inspiration/godwillsaveme.html

God Will Save Me

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.”

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will save me.”

The floodwaters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No thank you! God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a canoe. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?”
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 82
Posted: 1/31/2016 4:43:19 PM
LOL. I can't even count the times where "God fearing", "devout Christian", and "church going" men sent me and asked for racy pics and/or wanted to have sex with me right away. Yes, sure, such good Christians, why don't they meet ladies at their church??
 10_million
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/31/2016 5:05:42 PM

How does a 44ish year old woman virgin have carnal knowledge of what a 60 year old man’s “fish stick,” is like?? I can’t imagine any churchy guy thinking that’s funny.

What happens if your future husband has a frozen fish stick or a limp noodle? :(

“More Christian;” that’s a good one. Gee I wonder who gets to decide that.

I once had a man write me & say : "I'VE GOT JESUS IN MY HEART & THE DEVIL IN MY PANTS"
 IgottaName
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/31/2016 5:10:31 PM
"Wouldn't that make on line dating easier if you don't have to waste time and money meeting someone because you already know there are one or more deal breakers on their profile?"

Like buying a car, you could pass up a real gem because you don't like the rims...
 Elsadora
Msg: 85
Posted: 1/31/2016 6:17:02 PM
A. Good gracious, the whole fish sticks deal was more of a reference to age than actual appendages. With a partner that age, I would be more of a nurse mate than a lover. 42 isn't 22 to be sure, but 42 isn't 72 either. We are talking different life stages, end of life vs mid life. I am not dead yet, either physically or emotionally.. Btw, you never, ever hear of men being treated and talked about that way, labeled as spinsters,with expiration dates. Fish stick joke aside, the man I ultimately marry, I will love to the day I die, which is the way it should be. Which leads me to mt next point.

B. Based on some pf the comments here, there seems to be a general view that once a woman hits a certain age she is immediately disposable. Why is it that? As a Christian and a Feminist, I have never understood that vantage point. A woman is worth more than the sum of her parts, her face, her legs, her uterus. The good thing is, I know not all men feel that way. Those that do, aren't worth my time. But here is the confounding thing, I also see women throwing out this tripe. Why? Don't you know you are beautiful and worthy of love no matter your age? Children? No worries here. Most of the men in my age bracket already have them, s0 I don't see this as an issue

C. I never condemned anyone, just expressed frustration over the un Christian behavior of so certain called Christian men.

D. So many of you have assumed so much about me. I would correct you on some of it, but I refuse to add to your online fodder. I will say this, I started dating much later in life, missing out on prime dating years.Hence why I am still single.

B. My OP intention
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/31/2016 6:19:45 PM
You ain't gotta explain yourself to these damn fools...just keep livin...peace and blessings.....
 10_million
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/31/2016 6:33:14 PM
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16494606.aspx

and...fee fi, fo fum...I smell a TROLL, the whole thread & OP...I suspect some guy got a hold of her pix & started this...

You ain't gotta explain yourself to these damn fools...just keep livin...peace and blessings.....

better to be a fool than a TROLL...goodness, gracious!
 Elsadora
Msg: 88
Posted: 1/31/2016 6:51:21 PM
I am not a troll. I am the real deal. I originally started this thread because I thought there has to be other women facing similar circumstances, maybe nor. Not on this particular forum, but in the wider world, sure.
 cookymaker
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2016 6:57:17 PM
Like blackonyx said..
You don't need to explain yourself.

You have already gone out of your way to clarify some parts of your original post here.
I hope you do find what you are looking for .. whether here or elsewhere.
 Elsadora
Msg: 90
Posted: 1/31/2016 6:58:36 PM
10 million

Let me guess, you think I am a troll because

A. My age and the no sex before marriage stance

B. You don't think it is possible foe a woman to be a Christian and a Feminist

C. Both

Peace and blessings to you. You are allowed to believe as you wish, but you would be wrong.
 10_million
Msg: 91
Posted: 1/31/2016 7:14:11 PM
No, Elsa, maybe ur not a troll...

You are very attractive & none of this makes sense IMO,

I feared that the gal in the pix turned some man down & so he lifted her FB pix & created a faux profile & thread.

There's been too much BS in the forums in the past.

You have a right to ur beliefs

Just ewwww on the frozen fishstick...

at least you did not bring up...tartar sauce...
 IgottaName
Msg: 92
Posted: 1/31/2016 7:51:33 PM
^^^"at least you did not bring up...tartar sauce.."

Yeah, but you did...
 BBEisBack
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2016 7:55:57 PM

Posted By:elsadora
Btw, you never, ever hear of men being treated and talked about that way, labeled as spinsters,with expiration dates.

Maybe You don't hear/read about People questioning Men the Same Way......

A 30+ Man who never has been in a LTR.....
A 40+ Man whose longest Relationship is under "X" years,
I question them, too.....

Common answer is I never "met the 1"......

Yeah, or You did & were Blind to them........

For lots of People, the older they get, the harder it is to Compromise on things....
They become even more rigid in their thinking/beliefs.....

I guess My post of this, went right over Your head......

I posted the Text in Post:81...
You can read it there or follow the link.....
Or just keep complaining about the other posters.......
 10_million
Msg: 94
Posted: 1/31/2016 8:10:34 PM

Maybe You don't hear/read about People questioning Men the Same Way......

A 30+ Man who never has been in a LTR.....
A 40+ Man whose longest Relationship is under "X" years,
I question them, too.....

Common answer is I never "met the 1"......

Yeah, or You did & were Blind to them........

For lots of People, the older they get, the harder it is to Compromise on things....
They become even more rigid in their thinking/beliefs.....

I guess My post of this, went right over Your head......

I posted the Text in Post:81...
You can read it there or follow the link.....
Or just keep complaining about the other posters.......

BBE is correct
The forums is an equal opportunity insulting ground ;0P
And the story about God saving the person is priceless!

off to throw out that jar of Tartar Sauce...
 NJgirl116
Msg: 95
Posted: 1/31/2016 8:17:48 PM

I smell a TROLL, the whole thread & OP

If anybody is a troll, it's you, okay? Even though you're supposedly in a very happy relationship with a wonderful man, you have the need to recreate your profile with pictures, here on POF, no matter how many times you get deleted.
 10_million
Msg: 96
Posted: 1/31/2016 8:25:08 PM

If anybody is a troll, it's you, okay? Even though you're supposedly in a very happy relationship with a wonderful man, you have the need to recreate your profile with pictures, here on POF, no matter how many times you get deleted.

No it's not OK, why go off topic w/ some nasty diatribe? Why are you so interested in my pics or my happy life? Can't get one of your own? Bitter much?

I was concerned that someone lifted a woman's pics & made up a thread.
I have a jar of Tarter sauce, would you like it? ;0P
 gtomustang
Msg: 97
the harder it gets, the righter it is
Posted: 2/1/2016 1:14:33 AM
Goodness, this post got answered a few pages back, but yes, ladies might hear the "expiration date" get mentioned more than guys do, however, both genders get slandered when they don't offer what a particular labeler is hoping to acquire. Why can a woman generally be judged by her body parts? Due to a long history of considering women to be a breeding device--good ol' fashioned thinking. And I suppose it could be argued, before birth control and other pills that evened out hormonal mood swings, the general populace considered women to be "too unstable" to be trusted to lead anything "more challenging" than a household. Men as well as women tend to subconsciously parrot what they learned at the knee of their parents...except when it refers to them, then they might put some conscious thought into what they are saying.

Un Christian behavior? Gosh, Jesus of Nazareth railed against the hypocrites before someone decided to throw out His Father's religion and replace it with one named after Him. Human nature just doesn't change. We fail to limit our needs to following a few simple laws. There's a reason people our age tend to decide to enjoy being single.
 xlr8ingme
Msg: 98
the harder it gets, the righter it is
Posted: 2/1/2016 1:52:17 AM
OP~ Personal spirituality of any kind seems to be frowned upon in this current world we live in. As a Christian female that tries to date, I am most successful when I find friend matches to socialize with. I also practice church hopping, so I may broaden my group of Christian contacts. Attending bible study at other congregations helps me meet new people.

There is a common denominator I am discovering from living in so many different American sub cultures. The face of Christianity changes greatly, and what is or is not accepted in that particular geographic. Many churches are full of solid marriages, and frown upon single Christian females attending their meetings. Its the coin toss of human behavior found everywhere, not just in churches. Finding ANY partner is difficult; finding a Christian one is an act of GOD.

I have to agree with the above poster in saying there is certainly a reason why people our age remain single.
 10_million
Msg: 99
Now I Hope She stays if She is Real(frozen fishstick was 2 funny)
Posted: 2/1/2016 4:27:00 AM
OP, this is superficial, but if ur not a troll...well u r very pretty, usually women who look like u get grabbed up very quickly, so many men may think...what is wrong here, rather than understanding u started dating late in life (would love to know why if that is not being too nosey) & that u r very firm in ur convictions.

I must add if ur real, u r kinda funny too & I hope u stay here.

Please accept my apologies if ur real...
(And...if ur a troll may life hand u all the old used jars of tartar sauce)
 Maleman999
Msg: 100
Now I Hope She stays if She is Real(frozen fishstick was 2 funny)
Posted: 2/1/2016 7:32:30 AM
OP: Have you been religious your entire life, or were you, at some point, a heathen and sinner like the rest of us, and then found God? If the latter, at what age did you change, and was there a situation that brought it on, or did you just wake up one day and decided you would be very religious?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Finding the Right Person is Hard and Getting Harder, Particularly, if You are a Person of Faith