Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Finding the Right Person is Hard and Getting Harder, Particularly, if      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 seadog242
Msg: 201
the harder it gets, the righter it isPage 9 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
The Mormons made up a religion that suited them and their needs based on visions and the words of a few men. Just made up stories to control their fellow man. Sound familiar? There is the hypocrisy, knock one in favor of another. So who's god is better? Riddle me that Batman. Who's God or god is better?
 LJane_6
Msg: 202
view profile
History
the harder it gets, the righter it is
Posted: 2/3/2016 9:08:34 PM
The core belief of Christianity is that Jesus is God. Mormons don't believe this. Regardless of which religion you think is "better" or "right," they are not the same religion or the same God. That's the point I was making. So for me, I wouldn't be comfortable dating a Mormon as our beliefs would clash, and I'm pretty sure most Mormons wouldn't want to date me.

To answer your question, I don't believe that Jesus is better than other gods. I believe he is the only God.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2016 10:00:41 PM

To answer your question, I don't believe that Jesus is better than other gods. I believe he is the only God.

Wait a minute, wait a minute..... Wasn't Jesus the "Son of God"? The whole on the Cross, "Father why have You forsaken Me"? Jesus is 1 part of the Holy Trinity, God the Father, Jesus his Son, & the Holy Spirit....
 ddawson60
Msg: 204
Finding the Right Person is Hard and Getting Harder, Particularly, if You are a Person of Faith
Posted: 2/4/2016 1:10:37 AM
a practicing christian man like all people pick and chose whats easy to them.... conversation can only tell and uncover those little details. its part of the process in this instant world we live in . And a big one is people grow together in all things in a partnership, so if one isnt willing to learn what is important to another then they may not be the best choice if your bending your deepest convictions to get along... but throwing the possibility ot to early is really silly.
 ddawson60
Msg: 205
Posted: 2/4/2016 1:12:50 AM
amen and absolutely. God in a man in the flesh.... took me forever to wrap my head around that one. If one reads the Book of Enoch it really helped me understand the different heavens and dimensions un seen but truly exist. its on youtube as well.
 ddawson60
Msg: 206
Finding the Right Person is Hard and Getting Harder, Particularly, if You are a Person of Faith
Posted: 2/4/2016 1:17:55 AM
"" they just have to respect that fact that you are """ the depth of getting along to just get along is no the depth of the christian faith . And being a satanist who desires to pervert all christians is not a good choice to date if they pretend to respect your wishes.... so respect as a christian means empathy and sympathy in deciding to chose a mate that meets their standards. the one world religion to get along is a blanket of destruction to be forced onto the world. all religions are not the same. theres GOD and theirs fake gods. period.
 xlr8ingme
Msg: 207
Posted: 2/4/2016 3:02:06 AM
OP~ As my sister in Christ, I doubt highly I will meet you on earth. However I will meet you in heaven.
Ive always said dating is the easy part, and relationships are hard. I will pray for you.
May our Father in heaven answer yours swiftly, in the name of Jesus Christ.

Peace to all~
 Walts
Msg: 208
Posted: 2/4/2016 4:56:27 AM

Of course you do.

And when we walk around the corner, and enter another place of "worship" we have the same thoughts(call it a belief, if you will) going on. It's too bad all the Gods couldn't get together for a weekend. I believe, even I, would enjoy that party.
 Maleman999
Msg: 209
Posted: 2/4/2016 6:04:11 AM

Msg 206: all religions are not the same. theres GOD and theirs fake gods. period.

That's the same philosophy that non-Christian religions have. Their God is the only real one and yours is fake.
 seadog242
Msg: 210
Posted: 2/4/2016 6:31:22 AM
Same philosophy, same hypocrisy and the reason we have some many problems, wars, disagreements going back eons. My god is the only god. How arrogant and ignorant. Faith based, not fact based. And it never has been fact based.
 Elsadora
Msg: 211
Posted: 2/4/2016 6:32:49 AM
Xir8ingme:
Thank you for that prayer. I pray you find your match and soon. It is tough being in this world alone. Especially, with Valentines Day coming up. I hope you get secret flowers from that special man unknown. Be blessed.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 212
Posted: 2/4/2016 8:25:38 AM
"It is tough being in this world alone. Especially, with Valentines Day coming up. "

I would rather be in a loving relationship than alone BUT it's no tougher for me on V day than any other day. It's just another day.

In fact, it's EASIER to be single on Vday than any other day because there's no added stress of doing enough that day ( what kind of flowers should I buy ? How many ? What restaurant should I take her to ? Which one ? Is that too cliché ? I should do something original - but what ? .....cardiac arrest ensues )
 Chromis1
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2016 8:35:06 AM
^^^ Ya know, I was just about to say the same thing, but in a different way. Tough being without a man? Why? The OP is alive and healthy, with strong convictions. I guess it's always a matter of perspective.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2016 8:40:58 AM

I would rather be in a loving relationship than alone BUT it's no tougher for me on V day than any other day. It's just another day.

In fact, it's EASIER to be single on Vday than any other day because there's no added stress of doing enough that day ( what kind of flowers should I buy ? How many ? What restaurant should I take her to ? Which one ? Is that too cliché ? I should do something original - but what ? .....cardiac arrest ensues )

I guess it all depends.

One year a long time ago, I spent valentine’s day in an upscale restaurant eating alone. It was pretty awkward feeling being surrounded by couples and having a heart shaped centerpiece on my table. I really didn't think about it being V-day until I got my table.

Normally, I enjoying eating alone in restaurants, though also like company.

I don't like vacations by myself, Bali wasn't very romantic by myself, which is one time I was by myself on a vacation trip. It's OK, but I wouldn't do it again.

But I do enjoy month long business trips by myself. I think I can't see having to pay the bill for a vacation by myself, but I am more than happy to pay for two people. However, if someone else is paying me to go somewhere for a month, I might as well spend my free time exploring the surroundings.

A lot of the time, I preferred being alone, but another activity that isn't good to try and do alone is amusement parks. Not very amusing by yourself.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 215
Posted: 2/4/2016 8:47:22 AM
"Tough being without a man? Why? The OP is alive and healthy, with strong convictions. I guess it's always a matter of perspective."

Sure, count your blessings and all that BUT ....once one has experienced being in a loving relationship, it's hard for some of us not to miss it from time to time
 Chromis1
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2016 9:19:56 AM

Sure, count your blessings and all that BUT ....once one has experienced being in a loving relationship, it's hard for some of us not to miss it from time to time.

Concur.
 seadog242
Msg: 217
Posted: 2/4/2016 10:56:58 AM
" It is tough being in this world alone. Especially, with Valentines Day coming up. "

You forgot to add the "particularly if you are a person of faith" so we could all feel sorry for you.

Its tough for everyone out there. Its not supposed to be easy or we'd be pairing up with the first man or women we met.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 218
Posted: 2/4/2016 11:00:32 AM
^^^^^ Actually, it's not tough for EVERYONE.

For example, there are plenty of " I am woman, hear me roar " types on here who will tell you that while having a romance would be nice they could go the rest of their lives without one and be perfectly fine with that
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2016 11:17:08 AM
TO: Elsadora and LJane_6

You two sound really nice and well-grounded in your faith. That is wonderful thing.
Keep your fingers crossed as a man might unexpectedly enter your life when you least expect it. Love good surprises!
One of my best post-marriage relationships was a guy whom I met via a running club. We happily lasted a few years.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 220
Posted: 2/4/2016 1:52:28 PM
Do people really think it’s appropriate to pray for dates for Valentine’s Day????

Maybe there are children suffering somewhere, dying and sick….people with no food and poisoned water living in squalor….sex trafficking women and children…but, god, I need a boyfriend because I’m sooooo lonely on Valentine’s Day. SMH
 Elsadora
Msg: 221
Posted: 2/4/2016 4:56:19 PM
Sunshinegirl ,do you think it is appropriate to twist a well intentioned comment and words of blessing among strangers? Yes, I pray that people find their match, if that is their heart's desire. I also pray for healing for those that are suffering, whether it be physical, mental, or financial.
Sex trafficking? I know the sickness that is going on in this world. There have been people close to me who have suffered the ill effects of rape and sexual abuse. So yes. I am well aware, have been closer than close. Still, I pray for little bits of sunshine. Healthy relationships combined with a relationship with God have a way of healing you. That's not a lecture, it has just been my personal experience. A good therapist doesn't hurt either. God bless.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2016 7:08:34 PM

The core belief of Christianity is that Jesus is God. Mormons don't believe this.

Xians don't all share the same exact-exact core belief... Mormons are Xians, btw. King James Bible. They just add a newer testament to it all.

They believe Jesus is Literally the Son of God. Such is mainline Xianity, but with the mixture of God and Son of God combined (tomato tomatoe, right? lol). I think the core belief of Xianity would be that Jesus is the son of God who died on the cross for our sins.

Mormons aren't polytheistic, they're monotheistic, but yes, many divine beings. Although some (many) Catholics pretty much pray to the Virgin Mary and treat her like a god -- more than Jesus! lol

Your mileage varies from denomination to denomination -- and even within one that's a bigger denomination.
 Chromis1
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2016 7:15:35 PM

Catholics .... treat her like a god -- more than Jesus! lol

No.
 crook_catcher
Msg: 224
Posted: 2/4/2016 7:26:46 PM

Catholics .... treat her like a god -- more than Jesus! lol

No.

I had to say more than my share of Hail Mary's and Our Father's as a kid coming out of confession. Lol. I can hear him now....you did what?!?
 cookymaker
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2016 7:39:59 PM

"I had to say more than my share of Hail Mary's and Our Father's as a kid coming out of confession. Lol. I can hear him now....you did what?!? "

I remember the nuns would bring us over to the church for confession. "but Sister M, I didn't do anything bad this week" "Yes, you did. You just lied. Now go" LOL

No, Catholics do not treat Mary like a god. She isn't even mentioned in church on Sunday unless she is in the Gospel verse for the sermon that day
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Finding the Right Person is Hard and Getting Harder, Particularly, if You are a Person of Faith