Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When did men stop bathing?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 26
view profile
History
When did men stop bathing?Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Caretaking for elderly parents, I discovered some people stop b/c they fear falling in the slippery tub and breaking a hip, due to balance issues. Perhaps that's the case with these people, or they're just lazy, or don't care enough or....not sure what. Glad to say, I never meet these people. Sorry to say, don't meet any people. I guess its all another reason to date young? :)
 yourstillhere
Msg: 27
view profile
History
When did men stop bathing?
Posted: 1/29/2016 3:44:17 PM

I once met a guy off here and I made a joke about his not having shaved. He said "I wasn't going to shave for this." Psychoalalyse that, please.

He was likely making a wisecrack in reference to the song by Deana Carter - Did I Shave My Legs For This?
 purplerider1200
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2016 4:03:55 PM
If I go out, I shower first.

I might not know what I'm doing, when it comes to dating. Why ruin what little chance I have by not being clean?
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/29/2016 4:09:49 PM

He was likely making a wisecrack in reference to the song by Deana Carter - Did I Shave My Legs For This?

Ah. It's possible, I suppose. But he didn't strike me as that being that clever :(
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2016 4:30:54 PM

backpacking and camping where we bathe using Baby wipes.

this is why you take the dog along, to lick where needed.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2016 4:45:02 PM
Baby, maybe he was living in the past & going for the Don Johnson Miami Vice stubble look.....

I remember they even had a special electric razor to give you that look.......

I learned in my 20's to not trim my mustache right before a date... When you cut it, the ends of the hair ae sharp points & poke when you kiss.... After a few days they get feathered & don't poke as much..... I had a date complain about that, & haven't forgotten it since..
 leon714
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/29/2016 5:38:52 PM
Op, The title is generalizing all men as the same and sick of men being put into one category based on a few men's actions!!! Not all men are tramps and the title should be? When did some men stop bathing!!!
 GeminiFun
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/29/2016 7:13:07 PM
I was not referring to stubble, I was around for Miami Vice, I was referring to actual stench - smell, offensive body odor.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2016 7:21:08 PM
geminifun

I find this so hard to believe. Have they read somewhere that the natural sweaty odour of a man is a turn on??
I don't know where you live but it sounds like some kind of primitive mountain territory. The no shave look that some men adopt is a turn off for me but lack of batheing? I would be excusing myself from their company and disappearing.
 gcdeb
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2016 6:33:46 AM
I've been on many dates and never (in my entire life) had one that smelled bad. It's so weird that you've had many - I too wonder if it's a regional thing?
 hemingway234
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2016 7:18:51 AM
Perhaps you've discovered the reason he's single?
 south_city
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2016 7:46:50 AM
I have met both men and women with bad body odor. Fortunately never had a date with a woman with bad odor though.
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/30/2016 8:26:19 AM
I actually do not have a very strong sense of smell- which as an elementary teacher was very useful!!! Of course I make sure to shower etc and maintain good hygiene. But I haven't really noticed anyne smelling on a date. Sometimes I am surprised at how people turn up to a date, wearing dirty stained clothing, etc.

Nothing wrong with a shower, a pair of jeans and a clean shirt. How hard is that to manage???

But the vast majority of men I meet have been clean, odourless and normal. Just not the right one for me, or me for them.
 alpharomeo47
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/30/2016 9:16:20 AM
I cant even go out without getting a shower after working or waking up for that matter lol
 _babblefish
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2016 11:32:22 AM

they did?

be forthcoming like me, i'm unclean . . in the biblical sense
 m_church
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2016 11:59:15 AM

Nothing wrong with a shower, a pair of jeans and a clean shirt.

Exactly...
Me, I can often end up showering before work and again before going out for the evening.... no big deal... and that clean shirt and jeans are a must....
 Maleman999
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/30/2016 1:21:36 PM
Can't someone-past the age of 7 or 8-tell if they're smelly or wearing dirty clothes? People get used to their own odors and don't really notice it after a while, but should be able to know that other people aren't used to it and will never want to get used to it. And dirty clothes are obvious. Maybe the guys who look like hobos are actually millionaires who don't want to be judged on their riches.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/30/2016 4:24:22 PM

So I have met several men for introductory first meetings, and several of them have chosen not to bathe. What the hell? Why would anyone show up for a first meeting stinking of BO??
I have met these men morning, noon, or night in public, on weekends and during the week, and the stench has been noticeable. If you are in your 40ties and have not mastered personal hygiene, why would anyone date you?

Great, yet another men bashing thread....again. You know what they say about generalizations.....

True story: several years ago I let a coworker set me up on a blind date with her sister from out of state. I picked her up at her mom's house at the specified time, she was dressed to the nines. After a night of drinking/night clubbing, one thing led to another, and we started making out in the front seat of my car. At some point I put my hand under her dress, and she spread her legs wide. I pushed my finger into her vagina, without warning, a foul stench of a dead animal invaded my car. I almost threw up a little in my mouth. To make a long story short, I went home and washed my hand many, many times, yet the faint stench of her stinky vagina stayed in my hand for almost 2 days.

Maybe I should start a new thread titled: Her vagina stinks like a dead rat. "Rat"-atouille sandwich anyone?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/30/2016 5:37:46 PM
^^^ start a thread called I got in her vagina.. that will bring them in
But you still think of her :)
I lived in Calgary... people smell about the same - perhaps the OP has a finely tuned nose
I can smell french fries in France
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/30/2016 6:23:20 PM
I could have lived without hearing that story! Seriously too graphic.

Edit: I'll probably get voted off the island now.
 marrakech7
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/30/2016 7:16:08 PM
Well, I think Love2laugh won the gross out contest hands down. Certainly beat the flies story.

I've just never had a date with a guy who smelled bad. I prefer just soap and a nice deodorant smell, no cologne or aftershave.
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/30/2016 7:23:03 PM
The whole story this OP, is telling seems unbelievable...I mean how unlucky can you be ?
Sure it could happen once...maybe the guy worked construction all day out in the hot sun, and rushed to meet her instead of going home and freshening up...but repeatedly...how ?
 dragonbytes
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2016 7:26:55 PM
Do you mean like every day, that seems a little excessive.
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2016 9:36:38 PM
All my dates apparently practice good hygiene. My method is to take a shower before going on dates.
Even if in a long-term relationship, ways are discovered to rinse my lady bits before being playful.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/30/2016 9:49:32 PM
Unless my math is bad...

You have met several men in just 13 DAYS?

Most would consider that a success.

Regardless of what they were wearing or smelled like.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When did men stop bathing?