Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When did men stop bathing?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 51
When did men stop bathing?Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I stopped at 10 a.m. this Sunday morning, 31 January 2016..but I will most likely resume around 8 p.m. this same evening. Approximately 10 hours later.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 52
When did men stop bathing?
Posted: 1/31/2016 2:29:31 PM

Msg: 44
But you still think of her :)

Who can forget the hideous stench, it was unbearable.

The only reason I decided to share this story was to show that when it comes to hygiene both genders are guilty. Why would I accuse women, "when did women stop bathing", simply because ONE woman didn't wash her "chocha" before the date?
 showboatsupreme
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/31/2016 6:45:07 PM
Carry some Vicks Mentholatum with you.

Next time you smell something fishy, go ahead and put a dab of that stuff under your nose.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2016 7:21:04 AM
I'm not ready to drop the ither issue - StupidStubble! Why is is so suddenly omnipresent?

(I haven't found that anyone shows up to meet me, or the reverse, smalling gross, so I'm not going to gross you out with stories of very nice, hygenic women who had to have candida explained to them...)

When I was selecting TV shows to watch for the 2015-6 season, I came to realize that EVERY SHOW had its major characters wearing StupidStubble! And some of the shows I'd already been watching had told many of the male actors to stop shaving over the summer! WHY? I know it's probably a hipster thing (a lot of people seem to blame everything that's wrong with the world on hipsters), but why wouldn't the men's grooming advertisers say something about it?

If I wasn't a twitter-scorner, I'd have started a #StupidStubble campaign to get rid of it long ago. Anyone who wants to take on the task is welcome to the credit, and I'll thank you myself!

BTW, I'm in Canada - have lived in most of the country - and can tell you we have lots of really great water, and use it a lot for washing. :) And it's the water along the Yamaska that's full of pig poo, not the people.
ED BEAR
 Kodanshi
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2016 5:36:06 PM

we started making out in the front seat of my car. At some point I put my hand under her dress, and she spread her legs wide. I pushed my finger into her vagina, without warning, a foul stench of a dead animal invaded my car. I almost threw up a little in my mouth.

Threw up a little in HER mouth, you mean? ;)
 Vannili
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2016 2:40:21 AM
Msg: #1 :

OMG !!! Perhaps those men did not pay their water bills, or they just got out from their work as a construction laborer or Garbage collector to meet you. Or a homeless man perhaps ?
A decent w/man won't even mention the hygiene of a person, they dated , because it reflect their kind of life they are into. Or is it like the wolf saying the grapes is sour any way because he can not reach it ?

No wonder , they want to kill POF Forum...
 cooldog65
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2016 6:28:01 PM
I stopped bathing when I was a kid when I started showering...
 Dili_gent
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2016 9:44:34 PM
Don't move to France.
 Vannili
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2016 10:06:12 PM
^^^^^

Why not ? The men in France douse their self on Cologne and if they swept me romanticaly , I will swoon and fainted like a Victorian lady...
 CecillyAnn
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/6/2016 7:59:20 AM
Both men and women should be free of breath and body odors.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2016 8:53:57 AM

‘Old-person smell’ is a real thing — and it’s not just due to mothballs or a musty house. Researchers at the Monell Chemical Senses Center in Philadelphia confirmed that elderly people really do have a distinct scent, so recognizable in fact that people can identify them by body odor alone.

For Lundström’s study, researchers collected body odor samples from 44 volunteers of three different age groups: 20 to 30 years old (young), 45 to 55 (middle-aged), and 75 to 95 (old).

Interestingly, despite its uniqueness — and contrary to the stereotype — old-person smell isn’t exactly bad. The participants rated it as less intense and less unpleasant than body odor from younger donors. By gender, participants rated middle-aged men’s smell as the yuckiest and most intense, and old-man smell as the most pleasant and least intense. By contrast, middle-aged women’s scents were rated as more pleasant than old-lady smells.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/05/31/old-person-smell-really-exists-scientists-say/

Date older men?, they smell better

Eliminating Old Man Smell
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/16208867datingPostpage3.aspx
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 62
Posted: 2/6/2016 3:08:26 PM
What about people ages 56 – 74? They didn’t emit any identifiable odor?

So that study was about how “yucky” people smell at a particular age, but doesn’t explain what causes the smells, or why people smell differently at different ages? How about when someone 44 turns 45, or someone 74 turns 75….do their odors change at the stroke of midnight? Who were the smellers in this study, and wouldn’t their own odors conflict with whoever they were smelling? Where did they smell them? Hm. Raises more questions than it answers. :/
 Stellan77
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/16/2016 11:42:11 AM
Women can also be slovenly. A girl asked me to look after her cat while she went to visit her parents for a couple weeks. When I saw her apartment there was garbage all over the floor, dirty dishes in the sink, and coackroaches crawling all over the place. I've never seen anything like it before- it was disgusting. And she was a single mother too. I feel sorry for a child growing up in that environment. The stench was awful.
 HereComesYourSun
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/16/2016 8:53:31 PM
They must have given up and stopped bathing when I took my profile down. It's my fault.
 dreamyvisions
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2016 12:55:08 AM
Ive met a few women that dont shave and have poor eating habits --puts an ummmph to the funk like no other smh--i cant. I will not lie tho sweat on a clean woman always smells great to me--im guessing its phermones(did i spell that right-yall get what im saying)
 professora
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2016 6:12:57 PM
Gemini and others:

Bathing seems to be a major hurdle. I was married to an Thai and his bathing habits were excellent; so I never dreamed that I would have continuously dirty men later on.

Also how do you approach this on the first date or do you? And, men not wearing dentures is another challenge which they explain is "because they are uncomfortable".

Glad I am not alone with these challenging dates.

I am much older than most of you and the pool of clean men with fitted dentures or their own teeth seems to have shrunk );
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/26/2016 6:18:08 PM
^ Oh, but wait. Have you seen the video of Richie Havens playing guitar at Woodstock? ("Freedom"). That is one man who could get away with no dentures.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/29/2016 10:57:59 AM
They did? Never met anyone outside of Walmart who I suspected did not bathe daily.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/30/2016 6:14:56 AM
Ironically, OP, I have met a 'few' women that prefer not to wear deodorant nor their men either.

They like the 'natural' scent.

No thanks!
 dragonbytes
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2016 6:49:16 AM

They did? Never met anyone outside of Walmart who I suspected did not bathe daily.

So you aren't aware of the 'cleansing reduction' movement?

I only shower when I go to the health club. BUT If I don't go for a week, I take a shower at home, as I only shave when I am in the shower. It's almost 100% that if I go to the health club, I will also take a shower.

So you can pretty much judge how often I bath by how long is my beard.

My guess is I shower 3-6 times a week, and never go longer than 1 week without a shower.

It really does dry your skin out, damage your hair, kill the good “bugs” that help fight diseases and remove the top layer of protective dead skin.

=========================================================
The Science Of Showering: Why Showering Too Much Is Bad For You

Let’s get scientific for a moment: The top layer of your skin is comprised of hard, dead cells (umm, gross) which protect the underlying layers of healthy skin.

The top layer is held together by lipids, aka fatty compounds, that help maintain moisture, so any time you shower and scrub, you are breaking this layer apart.

OK, so how is that bad for your skin? Josh Clark explains, “The more showers you take, the more frequently this damage takes place and the less time your skin has to repair itself through natural oil production.”

http://elitedaily.com/women/in-defense-of-not-showering/915527/
=========================================================
The disturbing new trend for 'cleansing reduction' which involves bathing just once a week
'Cleansing reduction' means reducing showers to once or twice a week
Benefits can include keeping good bugs which help fight disease intact
Although showering less is fine, you need to regularly wash your hands
Prince Harry once admitted he hadn't washed his hair for two years

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2335634/Take-shower-just-ONCE-week-want-better-hair-skin-say-dermatologists.html#ixzz44ORTBpZI

Now I have to find a site that says white socks and sandals is a new fashion trend.
 Cdan1957
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2016 7:24:00 AM
^^^^^ Sorry Id rather have damaged skin . I have been in line with people that obviously have not bathed in a while and they have made me sick to my stomach (you live in Streamwood, it may have been you!) I shower a minimum of once a day and if I am going out after work make that twice. If I ever went on a date with someone that even had a trace of BO that is a deal breaker. Sorry but ill kill my good bugs, dry out my skin and damage my hair, to me it's much better than smelling like I haven't bathed in a week.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/30/2016 7:39:10 AM
A week??????
And why would someone go on a date without their dentures in?
Maybe they think it makes them look like a great french kisser
Theres a difference between sweating Men who are doing hard physical work
and the smell of stale sweat.
Sniffs pits.. I'm good
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/30/2016 7:46:56 AM

.............white socks and sandals is a new fashion trend.

LOL I think this would be in violation of city code, page 101, article 19? I'm sure there is a law against it somewhere?

The disturbing new trend for 'cleansing reduction' which involves bathing just once a week.

LOL Yah for sure, I would be "disturbed". It would drive me nuts!
 dragonbytes
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2016 7:07:09 AM

^^^^^ Sorry Id rather have damaged skin . I have been in line with people that obviously have not bathed in a while and they have made me sick to my stomach (you live in Streamwood, it may have been you!) I shower a minimum of once a day and if I am going out after work make that twice. If I ever went on a date with someone that even had a trace of BO that is a deal breaker. Sorry but ill kill my good bugs, dry out my skin and damage my hair, to me it's much better than smelling like I haven't bathed in a week.

I will never forget the time I was 12 years old in a restaurant in Chicago, their was a woman that must have tied dead rats to her girdle under her ratty dress. The owner actually offered her a few hamburger to leave.

In Thailand you shower 2-3 times a day, it's the heat, it cools you off and one does tend to sweat a lot in 100 F heat.

Here in Streamwood, I have aircon, it seldom gets too hot and I seldom sweat outside of a gym or after a long bike ride. But if I smelled bad, I would take a shower. (my wife would let me know right away)

Some people just naturally have offensive body odor.

I traveled with one young guy to Thailand in 2009, he was 23, you could literal smell him if he was 10 feet in front of you. When I got into the car to go to the airport, I thought, what the hell is that smell?

I was with him and a young woman. We had intended to all share a hotel room to save money, but after the first day she told me we have to cut him out, let's bunk together and avoid him. So she told him the hotel didn't have any rooms with three beds.

Then the worst thing, the young idiot ran out of money in the 4th week of this trip, he was paying for electric power in that hotel, so he turned off his aircon to save money. He seldom left his room, ate mostly KFC as he didn't like spicy food or rice, and kept playing world of warcraft on his laptop. His priorities were appalling.

Truly a weird guy, and the third most smelly person I have ever encountered. It was something to do with his hair/scalp.

Most people don't smell if they don't bath once a day, some people smell no matter what they do.

What's ironic to me, in other threads people are convinced of the power of pheromones. Maybe that's why so many frequent bathers can't find a date? They wash all that good stuff away.

Do you all believe that pheromones really are part of attraction?
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/31/2016 7:53:05 AM
Carrion flowers, also known as corpse flowers or stinking flowers, are flowers that emit an odor that smells like rotting flesh.

The flowers produce various odors resembling sap, urine, blood, dung, carrion, and, in some species, fragrant fruity aromas. Most are fly-pollinated, and attract hordes of flies.

Carrion flowers attract mostly scavenging flies and beetles as pollinators.

Would be interesting to create a perfume based on this flower to spray on your enemies front door...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When did men stop bathing?