Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When did men stop bathing?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 101
view profile
History
When did men stop bathing?Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

Maintaining simple hygiene is not a challenging task!

Simple to some isn't simple to others. :) I say that a little tongue in cheek, but there's also some truth to it. Some will be "Well I Never!" if someone doesn't bathe Every day nor use deoderant Every day (both of which are not necessary for actual sufficient hygiene), where neat-nicks will notice and other more earthy people are 100% fine with it.

Also, it can be where brushing a couple times a day isn't going to make their mouth smelling oh-so great, so it requires some real work. Then throw in some people with stomach issues/IBS, and it'll take some work to deal with things 'down there' -- oh, and there's another 'down there' that giving one's undercarriage a daily "How's your father" isn't going to give it the most sparkling smell either.

Things can be daunting for some (when more noticeable for others)! :)
 aintnodeal
Msg: 102
view profile
History
When did men start bathing?
Posted: 1/17/2017 2:31:59 AM
Taking five (5) showers a day is NOT going to help if you're smoking all the time - in the house, in the car, walking through the parking lot. As soon as you say HELLO the secret is out. The same is true if you work in a restaurant - the smell of some of the food you are around will stay in your car because you've brought it there from work. You take a bath in that odor wherever you go. Your farm hand truck smells like a goat for a reason, and so does that gal who lets her dogs jump around inside her car all week.

Yup. This is only one area people start asking questions. Some just don't like certain smells, other have allergic reactions. Still others don't want their signature "aura" to be overpowered.

"nothing personal" but it is VERY personal
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 103
view profile
History
When did men start bathing?
Posted: 1/17/2017 4:21:42 AM
Concerning hygiene and people's different smells, many factors play into it. Lot's of people live within a nose-blind bubble of their own. They never open their windows, for example, and everything in their house can be funky as heck and they don't try to develop an awareness of it. Consider something that you don't ever hear about with astronauts (or they've addressed it these days versus days gone by) - whenever they first open a capsule that's returned to earth, the people on the outside are always prone to vomiting because the air from inside the capsule is so bad. Every single breath and fart and whiff of sweat and B.O. and smell of piss and food and everything else...is trapped inside that little space to get funkier and funkier as time goes on. I'd hate to step into the International Space Station for the first time.

And then you have general health - you can have great hygiene...dental and showers, etc...but if your health is too far off, you'll stink in some way. And then you have the overuse of deodorant and air fresheners and stuff like that...that stuff is nasty actually, and just contributes eventually to some funkiness in one way or another. You think a body wash or air freshener or hand lotion smells good...but after continued use it lingers and accumulates and changes and gets nasty. Gets into your system and becomes part of your chemistry and gets nasty.

I'll daresay that it could even be a supported hypothesis that the reason many attractive and successful people with great personalities nonetheless consistently strike-out in dating is because they have one of these subtle nasty smells about them because of the use of various 'products' and it never dawns on them, and others don't quite identify it.

Here's a tip about deodorant: Don't use it. The bad smell with sweating is not your sweat (unless you're too unhealthy) but it's the bacteria which live in it. You can wash and wash and wash, and use deodorant, and never get rid of it. Using various 'products' just makes it worse, and antibacterial soaps aren't good like you'd think. Instead, get some apple cider vinegar. Put it in a little spray bottle and keep that in your shower. Once a week or every few days, do your soap and rinse, turn off the water, and spray this on yourself in key places. Sing a song and wait a minute or two. Then turn water back on, rinse, and do another soap and rinse (just use a generic neutral soap, no funky fancy crap, no fragrances). Vinegar smells funky, but it completely fades fast. You must always change your towel with one fresh from the laundry at the same time, because you'll have those bacteria still living in your towel and defeat the purpose. And of course put on clean clothes. Now you've killed those bacteria that would still be there and multiplying despite showering. You can now smell pretty spiffy for a few days till the next time despite some sweating. Your natural smell, if you're half-way healthy also, will now be pretty good. You might even instantly become unconsciously attractive to others now. In an office environment around other people in close quarters, this is when you just slap on a little cologne or perfume if so desired, and be good. And the stuff can actually do what it's supposed to do over the course of a whole day. Myself, I put some right in the general underarm area anyway. Seems logical - on the wrists or neck or wherever doesn't make sense. If it's 'real' cologne or perfume, formulated like it should be instead of dollar store knock-offs, it will evolve throughout the day with your natural scent in a good way.
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 104
When did men stop bathing?
Posted: 1/18/2017 6:03:52 PM
Have you smelled some women. Damn
 Ouija2025
Msg: 105
Posted: 1/18/2017 6:17:26 PM
pretty sure they smelled you first and activated the get the weird one away spray
Sold only on line
Get yours today and if you order before midnight today
you also get a trial size
" keep creeps away" wand
only 19.99
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2017 1:00:49 AM

" keep creeps away" wand
only 19.99

Oh, that's SO yesterday's news. For only $9.95, I can get "Keep Kreeps K00l Today" -- it neutralizes the odors of "keep creeps away", and also makes others fond of us. If one buys a jumbo-sized can for $19.95, he gets a free 3-month membership to Match. :)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 107
Posted: 1/19/2017 5:32:20 AM
well played Sir :)
Do you accept Paypal>
 cindi_rella
Msg: 108
Posted: 1/19/2017 2:33:32 PM
I wonder if any of these shower once a week and dont use deoderant guys are the same ones that come onto forums and cry about not being able to get a date? Smh.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 109
Posted: 1/19/2017 3:02:55 PM
^^^^

Exactly, do these guys think the women CAN'T smell them from their computers ?????
 JS3344
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2017 3:29:34 PM
its not about the shower, you need to tell these guys, you can't wear the same shirt all week, then turn it inside out and wear it another week, not cool.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 111
Posted: 1/19/2017 3:31:23 PM
^^^^^

What about pants ? Is it ok to do it with pants ?
 JS3344
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2017 3:34:47 PM
Yes bcc, only if they're levi's, if she's smelling your pants, your in good shape anyway, so who cares.....
 Nestaron
Msg: 113
Posted: 1/19/2017 4:02:19 PM
This is the stupidest post yet and people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2017 4:25:04 PM

I wonder if any of these shower once a week and dont use deoderant guys...

I sure hope someone doesn't think that I was talking about showering only once a week. You use the apple cider vinegar once a week or every few days. But you still shower daily. I do twice daily myself.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2017 4:40:26 PM

I sure hope someone doesn't think that I was talking about showering only once a week. You use the apple cider vinegar once a week or every few days. But you still shower daily. I do twice daily myself.

Aside from hopping in to get rinsed with water -- they say doing "real" (soap later washing, etc) isn't good for you 2x a day, and not ideal every day -- nor shampooing your hair daily.

http://elitedaily.com/women/in-defense-of-not-showering/915527/

(no, that's not the only link of info -- it's mainstream info that's out there everywhere)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 116
Posted: 1/19/2017 5:07:19 PM
I was thinking you showered only once a week
I was also thinking vinegar or cinder might burn the naughty parts
Thanks for the update, I can still lust after you :/
 sun___flower
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2017 7:11:55 PM
BCC
Exactly, do these guys think the women CAN'T smell them from their computers ?????

Haven't you ever looked at someone's pics and just knew that they smelled?
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 118
Posted: 1/19/2017 8:53:08 PM
Nowadays, technology is so wonderful, you just click on amazasnaze and you smell the person thru your smell speakers . So guys thinking they don't have to bathe when they try to find a date online...are wrong, wrong, WRONG
 sun___flower
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2017 9:15:16 PM
#There'sAnAppForThat
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2017 4:10:37 AM
Hands, feet, and places where the skin folds naturally are the only areas that really need special daily attention with soap. The rest of the body can cope with a daily shower and a rub down with plain water quite happily unless your job or hobby means that you get excessively dirty.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 121
Posted: 1/20/2017 9:43:01 AM

What about pants ? Is it ok to do it with pants ?

I once worked with a guy that would wear his jeans until the had a funky green tint to them. Seriously. Same jeans every day for weeks. I shudder when I think about it.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 122
Posted: 1/20/2017 9:44:40 AM
^^^^

Hey, that was a long time ago, cut me some slack already !
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2017 10:33:32 AM

they say doing "real" (soap later washing, etc) isn't good for you 2x a day, and not ideal every day -- nor shampooing your hair daily

- I don't have hair anymore. On my head at least. When I started getting too thin in spots and my hairline receded too much, instead of being a long haired guy that was actually half bald I decided to just keep it all buzz trimmed from now on.

- There's more on this to look into...it depends on how you shower. Soap. Temperature of water. Time in shower. Etc. And of course I don't always do it twice a day. I also even sometimes skip a day, like a normal human being. But not very often.
 Maleman999
Msg: 124
Posted: 1/20/2017 11:01:38 AM

Seriously. Same jeans every day for weeks. I shudder when I think about it.

I'm the master of disguises. lol. I have three pairs of jeans that are exactly the same-same brand and size. So nobody will know which pair I have on. Did the guy who wore the same jeans say how often he washes them? If he washes them regularly so they don't smell, then it's not so bad.
 JS3344
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2017 11:44:06 AM

Haven't you ever looked at someone's pics and just knew that they smelled?
- women are freaky like that, they can tell if you had a cigarette 3 years ago.....
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When did men stop bathing?