Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When did men stop bathing?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 120
view profile
History
When did men stop bathing?Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Hands, feet, and places where the skin folds naturally are the only areas that really need special daily attention with soap. The rest of the body can cope with a daily shower and a rub down with plain water quite happily unless your job or hobby means that you get excessively dirty.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 121
When did men stop bathing?
Posted: 1/20/2017 9:43:01 AM

What about pants ? Is it ok to do it with pants ?

I once worked with a guy that would wear his jeans until the had a funky green tint to them. Seriously. Same jeans every day for weeks. I shudder when I think about it.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 122
Posted: 1/20/2017 9:44:40 AM
^^^^

Hey, that was a long time ago, cut me some slack already !
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2017 10:33:32 AM

they say doing "real" (soap later washing, etc) isn't good for you 2x a day, and not ideal every day -- nor shampooing your hair daily

- I don't have hair anymore. On my head at least. When I started getting too thin in spots and my hairline receded too much, instead of being a long haired guy that was actually half bald I decided to just keep it all buzz trimmed from now on.

- There's more on this to look into...it depends on how you shower. Soap. Temperature of water. Time in shower. Etc. And of course I don't always do it twice a day. I also even sometimes skip a day, like a normal human being. But not very often.
 Maleman999
Msg: 124
Posted: 1/20/2017 11:01:38 AM

Seriously. Same jeans every day for weeks. I shudder when I think about it.

I'm the master of disguises. lol. I have three pairs of jeans that are exactly the same-same brand and size. So nobody will know which pair I have on. Did the guy who wore the same jeans say how often he washes them? If he washes them regularly so they don't smell, then it's not so bad.
 JS3344
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2017 11:44:06 AM

Haven't you ever looked at someone's pics and just knew that they smelled?
- women are freaky like that, they can tell if you had a cigarette 3 years ago.....
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2017 11:51:30 AM

Haven't you ever looked at someone's pics and just knew that they smelled?

KNEW? No. Not like, right now, no. In the picture? I guess you could pick a wacky one out where yeah, they smelled. People in a mud run smelling like mud. Sure. Or someone smoking a cigarette, they'd smell of someone smoking a cigarette. Or seeing a really old person on who doesn't exactly seem all that well kept, I could be pretty sure that they'd have "old people smell".

But you look at multiple pics -- assuming "If I met them, they'll smell" -- no. I mean, I could place multiple Bets on a handful, knowing I would win at least a few of them, sure. But I've ran into people who are grungy/weird/not-well-kept, etc. All the time (not online) -- who do not 'smell'.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2017 3:01:55 PM

I once worked with a guy that would wear his jeans until the had a funky green tint to them. Seriously. Same jeans every day for weeks. I shudder when I think about it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/levis-ceo-explains-why-you-should-never-wash-your-jeans-a6881031.html

Just don't wear the same pair every day and let them get some air. If you're clean, they'll stay clean where it matters.
 Aussiebythebay
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2017 5:11:35 PM

My ex (not my ex husband; a guy before him) was like that. He was revolting. He'd flick his cigarette ash on his jeans while sat down and rub it in. Not only that.....he'd blow his nose into his fingers and rub THAT onto his jeans aswell. Same jeans for weeks.

His socks? Rocket fuel would have been insufficient..... He had severe tinea and said he prefers to wear his socks day and night to prevent his feet from cracked skin. Thing is, when he eventually DID take them off and actually showered, some of his toes were stuck together with "cheese". The smell was horrendous.
 gtomustang
Msg: 129
Posted: 1/21/2017 5:22:56 PM
ooooohmigoodness, so glad I wasn't eating when I read that :)

I had to take care of my mother once her dementia was diagnosed (not by her doctor, of course, who already had her on airicept for it but a visiting nurse from the hospital to came to check up on her) and I wondered who had been taking care of her diabetic feet. and of course the answer when i took off the socks and her nails had begun to grow around the ends of her toes was...no one after she lost her mind.

yes, it doesn't take many weeks to go to hell. Funny how a body can be so beautiful or so disgusting :)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 130
Posted: 1/22/2017 5:25:07 AM
Tell me you were not with him long Aussie! omg, what a pig ( the nose blowing)
GTO - oh her poor feet, imagine the pain.
I think a lot of times what you do for work determines how often ( twice a day) you bath. Had a client training to work in the most disgusting part of a hospital - I wash my hands so much they nearly bled. I swear the lunch special in the cafeteria was usually liver " shudder".
Ate nothing but dry toast lost 8 pounds.
Freaking department still comes to me in nightmares.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2017 11:01:34 PM

He had severe tinea and said he prefers to wear his socks day and night to prevent his feet from cracked skin. Thing is, when he eventually DID take them off and actually showered, some of his toes were stuck together with "cheese". The smell was horrendous.

That's Hot. On date #X, when you went back to his place where he kicked his shoes off -- did the enticing aroma that stemmed from the creamy film around his toes warm your heart and lure you into a hot heavy makeout session? Or at least compel you to say "Will you go steady with me?" ;)
 gtomustang
Msg: 132
Posted: 1/23/2017 9:08:25 AM
"oh her poor feet, imagine the pain."

>>>and she was a diabetic, too, just adding to the foot problem.

"Haven't you ever looked at someone's pics and just knew that they smelled?"

>>>I've witnessed people and had the feeling they stunk in a figurative sense.
 Maleman999
Msg: 133
Posted: 1/23/2017 10:39:10 AM
I wonder if people stopped bathing as much in Flint Michigan when they had the tap water problem. Even though the water was only toxic if you were to drink it, I would still feel a little bit hesitant about bathing or showering in water that can kill or make someone very ill. I don't think I would even want to do laundry using that water.
 Aussiebythebay
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2017 8:48:41 PM
"That's Hot. On date #X, when you went back to his place where he kicked his shoes off -- did the enticing aroma that stemmed from the creamy film around his toes warm your heart"

Ewwww. Geez ...Norwegian.... :puke: lol.

And Ouija? He was my son's ( the guy with me in my main photo) father. Lived with him for about 2 years.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 135
Posted: 1/27/2017 6:39:03 AM
Aussie - well you got the better deal ( Son)
Yea, the Flint water - here on the other side of the bridge they have had boil water advisories and I've wondered the same thing.
I guess you could bathe in milk
Or the tears of your enemies :/
 Seki1949
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2017 12:33:16 PM
I'm resuming bathing on Tuesday.

Which Tuesday? Not sure. Please contact customer service for an appointment.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2017 3:42:12 PM

He was my son's ( the guy with me in my main photo) father. Lived with him for about 2 years.

Sooo, did you make him wear plastic bags over his feet when getting in bed? And after 2 years enough was enough? :)

"Ya know, that creamy fermenting film that covers your toes and feet, giving that rotting smell of a$$ + cat food -- that's FINE for Dating, and some may like it. And I can put up with living together like that for a year... but two years? Okay, I gotta draw a line!"

I guess you could bathe in milk

Now there's another fetish...
 Ouija2025
Msg: 138
Posted: 1/27/2017 4:39:09 PM
I meant if the water is foul. Sheesh.
I like to bathe in the souls of those who have wronged me. A milk bath fetish? HAHAHA Marry me
In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Aussiebythebay
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2017 5:03:11 PM

"Ya know, that creamy fermenting film that covers your toes and feet, giving that rotting smell of a$$ + cat food -- that's FINE for Dating, and some may like it. And I can put up with living together like that for a year... but two years? Okay, I gotta draw a line!"

You DO have a way with words, Normegian, Yuck, lol.

Well I was 19 when I met him. Not too young right? But I was a fairly immature 19 year old and he was my first serious boyfriend. I had my son when I was 20. I detested my partner and concentrated only on my baby.

Looking back, I know.......why the heck did I take it for approx. 2 years? I guess I just got used to it. My son is 31 now.
 LincsAndy
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2017 8:16:19 AM
Maybe some people don't notice their own odour, but surely you have to notice if you're always the last person on the bus that anyone sits next to?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2017 12:24:15 PM

I like to bathe in the souls of those who have wronged me.

You should have moved to F'int a while back! They provided a good source for such baths! :)

A milk bath fetish? HAHAHA Marry me

Anytime! :) There's certainly other ones like suckling on fermenting toes that are far worse. Speaking of which...

You DO have a way with words, Normegian, Yuck, lol.

Hey, I'm not the one who lived with that for 2 years! :) But yes, at 19, I can understand certain things going over one's head -- or below their ankles.

I detested my partner and concentrated only on my baby.

Yeah, I think with a guy proudly sporting feet like that -- how can one not detest them? I'd be focused on protecting the baby too -- because his feet sound like a horror film! :)
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2017 3:52:16 PM
...man...y'all be talking 'bout some nasty shit...
 Aussiebythebay
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2017 3:41:15 PM
^^^^ Sorry Drink. I started it but Norweigan made it even worse.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 144
Posted: 2/1/2017 8:45:15 AM
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwy!!!!!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When did men stop bathing?