Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Found dead, eaten by cats      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mroccolo2
Msg: 76
Found dead, eaten by catsPage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
My cat is pretty finicky. He only seems to like expensive deli turkey. I am pretty sure he would turn his nose at my rotting corpse so no worries there.
 usernonymous
Msg: 77
Found dead, eaten by cats
Posted: 5/10/2016 9:34:44 PM
I worried about this for my mom. She lives alone, has parkinsons and has no immediate family. My brother and I live in another country. I called her everyday because she had developed depression and anxiety, while becoming less mobile everyday. While this is the opposite of OP fears, it is also the concern of the child as well.

In canada, where she lives, we couldn't afford a private nursing home with the support she needed. We were extremely relieved when she got into long term care. It was like a 500 lb weight was lifted.
 mrzephyr2
Msg: 78
Posted: 5/11/2016 10:24:56 AM
^^^^ Yes life is so fleeting and we all strive for so much but in the end it has so little meaning.

My Mom had lots of friends in her day. As she grew older she either outlived her friends or no longer saw them because she moved away to a different State. When she passed, her local friends attended her funeral but even her best and life long friend could not attend because of her own age related issues.

I knew a very successful businessman who lived, alone, in a multi-million dollar house. He died suddenly at a relatively young age in his fifties. His death shocked everyone. But in the end, his life was reduced to all of his belongings being put in the front of his house for pickup by Waste Management while his kids readied his house for sale. The weekend after his death, I saw his mid twenties daughter in the shopping center with her friends, carrying on and having a good time like nothing had changed.

So you all make sure you work yourself to death, and worry about this and that now . . . because in the end . . nobody is really going to give a damn.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 79
Posted: 5/11/2016 10:38:53 AM
^^^^^ What good will it do anyone whether or not anyone gives a damn once they're dead anyway ?
 mrzephyr2
Msg: 80
Posted: 5/11/2016 10:42:04 AM
^^^^ well it certainly won't matter to the dead person will it?
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 81
Posted: 5/11/2016 10:43:57 AM
^^^^^^ Exaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactly !

I just hope that business guy enjoyed his money at least SOME of the time.

Some people live for the future....and never make it there.
 mrzephyr2
Msg: 82
Posted: 5/11/2016 11:58:16 AM
I think he enjoyed his money to an extent, but you know what they say . . . nobody says on their death bed they wished they had spent more time at the office, and this guy had a tough, competitive and stressful job . . .
 daynadaze
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2016 5:47:14 PM
I'm going to say that, just for the hell of it...gee I wish I had spent more time on POF replying to posts, then die. Of course the cats won't carry that message on for me, if I die alone. I might need to rethink this.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 84
Posted: 5/11/2016 7:03:54 PM
He died with $100 left in his bank account

Mission Accomplished.

FICO scores and orgasms don't follow us to the afterlife. I think?

Start living or start dying.

I'm gonna burn out before I fade away.

YMMV
 Ouija2025
Msg: 85
Posted: 5/12/2016 5:15:43 AM
A single gay Man friend always said he wanted to go owning $500,000. Damn he spent money too.. cut a single, then an entire CD. Couldn;t carry a tune in a bag. Did several duet songs, singing both parts LOL His remake of " all the girls I loved before" classic. I gifted everyone with the CDs I bought.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Found dead, eaten by rats
Posted: 5/12/2016 3:06:09 PM

Damn he spent money too.. cut a single, then an entire CD. Couldn;t carry a tune in a bag. Did several duet songs, singing both parts LOL His remake of " all the girls I loved before" classic.

I've done something like that a few times at drunken karaoke. I sang "I Touch Myself" in a girl's voice, but adding in my own deep male voice as a duet-sounding montage. Karaoke singers hate it when you make fun of karaoke. They want to be a stahhhh!
 justacanadianguy
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2016 7:28:01 AM
A friend of mine is 92. Before she goes to bed at night, she folds down a little flag in her front window. When she awakes, she stands it up. She has a couple neighbours who keep an eye out for the little flag. HTH
 coffee_fiend
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2016 5:21:41 PM

......you're dead body is not safe from a dog either. A hungry animal will do what it needs to to survive

I doubt my dog would. He is so dedicated to me, that when I'm not home he does nothing but stare at the door 'til I get home, when I went on a trip out of town for 4 days he didn't eat (nor did he poop or pee) the entire time I was gone.
he is a super sweet dog, but very protective of me, I fear that if I were to have a heart attack and need assistance that he wouldn't allow the paramedics near me.

as far as eating my dead corpse, I think instead it's more likely he'd lay down and die next to me
 helnback
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/23/2016 5:51:48 PM

I think instead it's more likely he'd just lay down and die next to me.

I'm sure a few thought that about their ex...until they became an ex. Lol.
 Walts
Msg: 90
Posted: 7/24/2016 5:54:28 AM
Orcas just play with the kayakers.

Kinda like cats playing with balls of wool.

They don't like the taste of the plastic.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2016 11:00:49 AM
I have thought of dying this way, as well.

About three years ago, I lived on acreage in an extremely isolated area. nine miles from the nearest gas station, and I worked from home.

I would sometimes go up the three weeks at a time without seeing another human being. It was a beautiful area, but saying that I felt isolated would be an understatement.
I slipped on a wet floor and shattered my wrist. No 911 services there.
I learned just how hard it would be to be that isolated and alone, and needing help.

For that, and a number of other reasons, I sold the house and moved to a city.

A friend of a friend was found dead in her garden, a tray of pansies beside her and a trowel in her hand.
Sounds like the perfect way to go, imo.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2016 8:13:53 PM
I couldn't help but think of Fred Flintstone's sabertooth cat setting him outside for a late night snack.
 diaboloacetin
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2016 8:27:43 PM
Ok some great advice on here, I'm making up my own death survival lists:
1. NO pets
2. Spend all your money first
3. Annoy your neignbors. That way they'll notice when you're gone

and my own addition...
4. Always wear pants!
 johnewyork
Msg: 94
Posted: 8/10/2016 4:10:11 AM
Love this thread.
I spent 30 years in upstate NY.
My house was 1/2 mile off the road in the woods with no neighbors in sight..
The lady I lived with left in 2002
After that people would ask what happens if something horrible happens to me
I'd say Mac (my 85 pound black lab) would eat the remainder of the dog food in the bag.
Then he would eat me starting with my private parts just to get even with me
and I'd hope someone would rescue him before he ran out of food.
as for me who cares I'm dead
 Maleman999
Msg: 95
Posted: 8/10/2016 8:09:07 AM
What is the worst way to be dead? Eaten by a cat or any other pet, be eaten by worms or any other bugs when buried in a hole in the ground, or be a pile of ashes in an urn or scattered somewhere? None of those sound very appealing.
 Kashmir_too
Msg: 96
Posted: 8/10/2016 8:59:43 AM
Its odd how so many miss the point.
 treber2
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/10/2016 10:42:53 AM
^^^^ In the end, nothing matters. Our lives are short. The Earth will be enveloped by the dying sun in a few billion years. Our galaxy will collide with Adromeda in maybe four billion years and eventually the Milky way will no longer exist as an independent galaxy. the Universe will continue to expand over trillions of years until there is nothing but dark and cold and space, lots of space, with all suns and energy sources long depleted and gone.

But another Big Bang will create another Universe . . . and the cycle will begin all over again. I do wonder if we will have to relive our lives when that happens. I would like to make a few changes if that is to happen.

Is this what you meant?

http://www.businessinsider.com/outcome-of-earth-when-our-galaxy-collides-with-the-andromeda-galaxy-2016-1
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2016 4:30:46 PM
I'm cat watching for my son. I've lost some skin petting his belly. With my resent heart problems it's not hard to keep one eye on the cat. I hope we can stand each other till September 11th. Uhoh 9-11 sounds ominous.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 99
Found dead, eaten by ennui
Posted: 8/28/2016 7:25:50 PM
Huh? Places hand behind ear. Did someone call?
Am I missing a point? Looks down. Left then right. Nope, the girls are right where they should be.

Now where is the cat? ........................Ooooooooatmeal? ................Oh there you are, all safe and sound. Inside the house. Safe from them bad coyotes! No kitty cat on the menu tonight! LOL
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2017 6:58:24 AM
Personally, I would rather die alone and provide a good meal for my cat, than leave a partner with the horror of waking up next to a dead body.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Found dead, eaten by cats