Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Found dead, eaten by cats      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 diaboloacetin
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Found dead, eaten by catsPage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Ok some great advice on here, I'm making up my own death survival lists:
1. NO pets
2. Spend all your money first
3. Annoy your neignbors. That way they'll notice when you're gone

and my own addition...
4. Always wear pants!
 johnewyork
Msg: 94
Found dead, eaten by cats
Posted: 8/10/2016 4:10:11 AM
Love this thread.
I spent 30 years in upstate NY.
My house was 1/2 mile off the road in the woods with no neighbors in sight..
The lady I lived with left in 2002
After that people would ask what happens if something horrible happens to me
I'd say Mac (my 85 pound black lab) would eat the remainder of the dog food in the bag.
Then he would eat me starting with my private parts just to get even with me
and I'd hope someone would rescue him before he ran out of food.
as for me who cares I'm dead
 Maleman999
Msg: 95
Posted: 8/10/2016 8:09:07 AM
What is the worst way to be dead? Eaten by a cat or any other pet, be eaten by worms or any other bugs when buried in a hole in the ground, or be a pile of ashes in an urn or scattered somewhere? None of those sound very appealing.
 Kashmir_too
Msg: 96
Posted: 8/10/2016 8:59:43 AM
Its odd how so many miss the point.
 treber2
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/10/2016 10:42:53 AM
^^^^ In the end, nothing matters. Our lives are short. The Earth will be enveloped by the dying sun in a few billion years. Our galaxy will collide with Adromeda in maybe four billion years and eventually the Milky way will no longer exist as an independent galaxy. the Universe will continue to expand over trillions of years until there is nothing but dark and cold and space, lots of space, with all suns and energy sources long depleted and gone.

But another Big Bang will create another Universe . . . and the cycle will begin all over again. I do wonder if we will have to relive our lives when that happens. I would like to make a few changes if that is to happen.

Is this what you meant?

http://www.businessinsider.com/outcome-of-earth-when-our-galaxy-collides-with-the-andromeda-galaxy-2016-1
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2016 4:30:46 PM
I'm cat watching for my son. I've lost some skin petting his belly. With my resent heart problems it's not hard to keep one eye on the cat. I hope we can stand each other till September 11th. Uhoh 9-11 sounds ominous.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 99
Found dead, eaten by ennui
Posted: 8/28/2016 7:25:50 PM
Huh? Places hand behind ear. Did someone call?
Am I missing a point? Looks down. Left then right. Nope, the girls are right where they should be.

Now where is the cat? ........................Ooooooooatmeal? ................Oh there you are, all safe and sound. Inside the house. Safe from them bad coyotes! No kitty cat on the menu tonight! LOL
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2017 6:58:24 AM
Personally, I would rather die alone and provide a good meal for my cat, than leave a partner with the horror of waking up next to a dead body.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 101
Posted: 1/22/2017 12:12:49 PM

Personally, I would rather die alone and provide a good meal for my cat, than leave a partner with the horror of waking up next to a dead body.

Really? You do understand that the 'dead body' your partner woke up next to or across from or sitting by was not too long ago 'YOU'~

Horror?

Watch Zombie shows much? :eye roll:
 Seki1949
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2017 12:55:37 AM
Cat is staring at me . . . must not fall aslpeepzzzz
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2017 6:15:46 AM
A single woman friend has 5 cats. Another has 7. I'm sure their cats will outlive them - by a week or so.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2017 4:41:24 PM
I moved to a city where I didn't know anyone. Still don't know anyone outside of work. No kids. No family close. I kinda went off the grid. No telephone or cell phone. Then, there was a flood. Long story short, I now have a cell phone. People check up on me. I had to change my emergency contact to my siblings. Before the flood, it was the coroner..really. So, I might die alone...but it wouldn't be long before I'd be found....but, why would I care? I'm dead.

My mother had a fear of collapsing and not being found quickly enough. And that actually did happen though my dad was in the apartment. He didn't hear her and it was hours..
 sexandthepof
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2017 8:33:37 AM
After reading many posts here, I feel funny when I ever think if I would be dead alone and what would happen afterwards?

I agree with some posters’ saying: When you are dead, you are dead. Why would you care about your body, or what would anyone think about you? And I like the humorous thoughts also.

Everything has a beginning and an end. People were born to this world, and when they get old and sick, cannot take care of themselves, and have to die, sooner or later, to yield space for the young people to live. That’s the nature of life.

It is very sad that so many people are living and thinking to kill themselves or thinking about the day they would have to die. And the day they are going to die, they try hard to cling to life, to want to live longer.

No matter one is religious or not, I find this youtube is very helpful to me when I am living: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KEMDepPRNY

I learn to think positively, to be mindful, to live by the moment, not to worry to much about tomorrow because when you worry too much, it still does not help; it just makes you crazy. I try to live each day to do useful things, to think of happy things; and if I die tomorrow, I won’t regret anything.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2017 4:47:45 PM
I wonder if we don't worry more about dying alone, then how long it takes for the body to be found. It is scary to think of the "I've fallen and can't get up" scenario where perhaps you can't get help and nobody realizes anything until it's too late.
 sexandthepof
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2017 5:40:49 PM
Worrying is inevitable in most of everyone. But making a plan is better than worrying.

I like the idea in Post #16. If someone has medical problems and still wants to live alone at home, s/he can register with the Lifeline Medical Alert Systems. There are so many Medical Alert Systems out there. Someone will know you are in trouble right away when you press the button on the Medical Alert pendant.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 108
Posted: 2/5/2017 6:17:13 PM
Yeppers, or have a buddy system.
Like I am sure if I owned a cat it would walk next door, eat a neighbour
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 109
Posted: 2/6/2017 12:51:35 PM
I don't eat animals
I'd find it hilariously ironic if I weren't dead, if I were to be eaten by one
 Cynderella
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2017 5:57:12 PM
That's why I fill my PJ pockets full of catnip!
I would be lucky if I were found within a week or two...wouldn't want them to starve.
 gtomustang
Msg: 111
oh sure, peanut butter and the dog are considered weird..
Posted: 2/10/2017 3:42:16 PM
dementia runs in my mother's family, apparently according to the only two members who made it that long. So, I figure I have 50% chance, and I hope I just fall down the stairs before that horror comes around. The Lifeline idea is good, I got it for my father his last year. He had a stroke on the couch and never set it off, so I had to find him, but still, its not a bad idea. If you don't pay the bill, someone'll come looking :)

maybe when I reach that inevitable age, i'll find the neighbor who commutes alone to work to check on me daily. When they find me mortis, a few pine tree air fresheners from the rearview mirror and they can use the carpool lane for, at least a week. After that, they might get caught, and the fine is....stiff.
 boatbob2q
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2017 12:11:59 PM
I doubt I will be eaten by cats,BUT,IF/When I die,A note,to my finders,,,," please,If I'M found dead,please, go to home depot,buy,a NEW metal garbage can,and put me into the can,head first,without a lid,and put me out on the sidewalk,so that everyone that walks past can kiss my ass.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2017 2:45:08 PM
I remember seeing a story some years ago,I think it was in germany ?? they found a guy who died and had not been seen in ten years by his neighbors but then he never said much ,???,,,,so ,,when he was found sitting in front of the TV,,,
it was still on and working ,,,,Yikes
sorry no cats involved
 Mrtampa
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2017 12:36:11 PM
Get a big cat food bowl and fill it.

That will buy your corpse a little extra time.

You're welcome in advance for the advice.
 LGL1975
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2017 2:45:45 PM
I have a 120 pound chocolate lab he'll finish me up in no time at all.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Found dead, eaten by cats