Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Elderly dating advice      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NJgirl116
Msg: 26
Elderly dating advicePage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I love La Bamba! I sang it in the choir in high school and I have the Selena rendition on my mp3 player now!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/3/2016 6:45:32 PM
I think it is true that mild B.O. can be sexy to some women. Setting the scene for seduction works when there is already mutual attraction and not before.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/4/2016 7:06:55 AM
My advice, move slowly.
 IgottaName
Msg: 29
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/4/2016 7:46:41 PM
The details might be dated, but the advice is solid. To set the mood choose the appropriate music and don't stink...
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 30
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/5/2016 7:28:36 AM
No offense, but are you gonna go to the first IBM computer ever created to learn how a computer works? A lot of time has passed since and things have gotten a lot smaller thanks to the invention of the microchip. What worked in their days may be irrelevant now.

You're saying that every little bit helps............I'll tell you a story. I read a lot of books, articles, magazines, etc, and women are being advised to put a piece of bacon in their purse or smear it somewhere (like their neck or hair), because men love the smell of bacon (women do too). This is dating advice from various women's magazines. So I don't fault you for the whole licorice tidbit, though I personally cannot stand the smell of something so bitter and nasty. The smell of chocolate on the other hand..................even my shower gel is "chocolate fudge" and so is my body scrub.

If you want to make a good impression, make sure to smell good, and by good, I mean wear a cologne that smells very good on you. Cologne is nothing to be cheap about, find one that smells great on you, test it out (get a sample at Sephora), see if women respond to it, take note, and buy it no matter how expensive it may be. Don't wear it all the time, just on special occasions, like when on the hunt. Carry an atomizer with you with a sample, in case you got someone on the radar at any given moment.

But what really helps, what really really helps distinguish you from the others is ultimately how you treat a woman. Show her respect, listen to what she says, respond in kind, show concern for everything that she is (not just the hole you may want to stick it in), inquire later about what she has already disclosed to you, make sure she gets home safe.......etc. Ultimately, women want to be with someone who treats them well, someone who makes them feel safe, someone who is as attentive outside of the bedroom as he is inside of it. If you're only there for what you can get, it will be obvious and women are not generally attracted to selfishness, as most women are naturally generous with everything they do.
 crook_catcher
Msg: 31
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/5/2016 7:40:50 AM

But what really helps, what really really helps distinguish you from the others is ultimately how you treat a woman. Show her respect, listen to what she says, respond in kind, show concern for everything that she is (not just the hole you may want to stick it in), inquire later about what she has already disclosed to you, make sure she gets home safe.......etc. Ultimately, women want to be with someone who treats them well, someone who makes them feel safe, someone who is as attentive outside of the bedroom as he is inside of it. If you're only there for what you can get, it will be obvious and women are not generally attracted to selfishness, as most women are naturally generous with everything they do.

As apparently an elderly guy I'll have to agree with Bell on this. Also with the cologne suggestion. You have to find what works with your body's chemistry. :)
 cooldog65
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/5/2016 8:19:22 AM
Just cringing at the thought of "old man smell" combined with black licorice...
 WONOFME
Msg: 33
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/5/2016 11:52:40 AM
I saw all those AXE deodorant commercials on the TV with all the good looking chicks so I used some when I ran my 1/2 marathon.
I had all these good looking chicks chasing me off the start line. Guess I wasn't fast enough and they just blew by me. So much for AXE.
Maybe I'll try licorice next race
 WONOFME
Msg: 34
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/5/2016 3:21:41 PM
@ ED BEAR
I trust that "ED" is your name and not the symptom LOL
Gues we could have used some of that nice Yamaska River water back in th epig days for a more natural smell
 CecillyAnn
Msg: 35
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/6/2016 8:29:08 AM
I've heard of it, but I doubt the scent of licorice would get me going. I've never been a fan of 50s songs either.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/6/2016 9:48:51 AM

Just cringing at the thought of "old man smell" combined with black licorice...

Play enough bingo... you'll learn to like it as much as Betty White does. :)
 Bunz34
Msg: 37
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/6/2016 4:25:06 PM
But what will really give me that edge if not black licorice and 50s tunes?
I wear cologne, have a six pack, humorous, relatively good looking...
Maybe I just need more money, but I'm still in college for another few years. Should I just stay single until then?
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 38
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/7/2016 4:12:52 PM
It isn't about tangible things, it's about your attitude and approach to it.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/8/2016 2:25:45 PM

I wear cologne, have a six pack, humorous, relatively good looking...
Maybe I just need more money, but I'm still in college for another few years. Should I just stay single until then?

If you're in college, you have access to college girls. As long as you're not living with your parents, and aren't worse than an average college-guy poor -- you're OK. I think your main issue is your mindset, as you're viewing (the dating) life thru some weird lenses that is only tripping your needs up. IMO, you'll have to change who you are -- to the extent you hear stories of older people talking "Yeah, so it wasn't until like my junior/senior year of college did the light bulb go off about how things flow with girls and dating!" Good news is, it's a game of checkers, not chess. You must unlearn what you have learned.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 40
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/8/2016 4:17:20 PM
OP how about wiping off the smug grin and the fist and posting a normal picture? That may help.
 Bunz34
Msg: 41
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/9/2016 6:57:40 AM
Yeah how about I just make a fake profile talking about how big a wimp I am into emotions cuddling and girly things. I'm not trying to attract some chubby bottom feeder.
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 42
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/9/2016 9:36:32 PM
apparently you are not trying to attract anyone with any feelings either.

Congratulations on one of the more superficial postings I have read here- and that is saying a lot.
 Bunz34
Msg: 43
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/10/2016 4:07:50 PM

Congratulations on one of the more superficial postings I have read here- and that is saying a lot.

Don't get so defensive. I'm not looking for high-maintenance immature women with daddy issues anyways. Superficial? Please, get over yourself.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 44
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/10/2016 4:32:16 PM
How do you determine ONLINE who has daddy issues? I'm curious what your diagnostic criteria are.
 crook_catcher
Msg: 45
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/10/2016 4:40:00 PM

Don't get so defensive.

You mean like when a poster said this....

OP how about wiping off the smug grin and the fist and posting a normal picture? That may help.

And you responded with this...

Im not trying to attract some chubby bottom feeder.

Sounds kind of defensive to me.

Superficial? Please, get over yourself.

Lady has a point. You come across as an arrogant little snot. Only thing you know about alpha male is how to spell it. Never seen anyone sneak into an NBA locker room shower to take selfies, I'm well over 6 ft and never had a hand dryer on the wall that was even close to chest high....or a trash can higher than your waist...lol you're 5'8"-9 at best.

Mind your manners little man. :/
 Ouija2025
Msg: 46
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/10/2016 5:14:34 PM
He is just trying to find his way, like most everyone else. He forgot not to rise to bait.
If we would like people to stick around ( even as whipping boys) why drive them off>
 Bunz34
Msg: 47
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/10/2016 5:56:16 PM

Only thing you know about alpha male is how to spell it.

I love when old geezers think they are still tough. Settle down gramps before you poop yourself. I am 6ft, so maybe less time on the internet acting like a tough guy behind the safety of your computer and more time challenging your brain because you're showing signs of senile dementia.
 sillysarainsask
Msg: 48
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/10/2016 5:58:43 PM
You're a bit of an arrogant little fvck. You haven't come close to earning your attitude yet.
 Bunz34
Msg: 49
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/10/2016 6:17:17 PM

You're a bit of an arrogant little fvck. You haven't come close to earning your attitude yet.

Obvious troll.

On topic: Thanks for all the dating advice. I do have a date coming up through the help of PoF, but I wont share any details because I'm such a gentleman. I'll make sure to swoon her with lots of cologne and talk about all the things I'm proficient in.
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 50
Elderly dating advice
Posted: 2/10/2016 7:42:17 PM
"I'll make sure to swoon her with lots of cologne and talk about all the things I'm proficient in."

I am sure she will have a wonderful time. Chubby bottom feeders don't get out much, after all.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Elderly dating advice