Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review Please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tennistown
Msg: 25
Review PleasePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)

"Your only picture, is one of you, eleven years ago!"
Excuse me? That was taken less than a year ago . . .

Upsie Daisy, my error. Yes, I misread the "2005" caption.

Are you saying I look 57 years old?

If the shoe fits.

No, I didn't say you look 57. But, now that you mention it. . . .
I bet with those arms crossed, sunglasses on,
and that hanky hiding your hairline, you could pass for 57.

I bet you could order off the Senior Menu at Dennys,
no problem! Just wear the same outfit you're wearing
in your profile picture.
 FuelTheSoul
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Review Please
Posted: 2/1/2016 11:19:26 AM
"Upsie Daisy, my error. Yes, I misread the "2005" caption."
LOL, no offense taken I just thought it strange you'd think that was taken 11 years ago.
Espeically with me wearing a 74th annual Bike Week shirt.
Me and some close friends took an extended weekend road trip down to the Keys. You know what was on mind right at that momment when that picture was taken? Some dumb tourist lady had just minutes before that, thought it'd be a good idea to get her picture taken setting on one of our Bikes. We was too far away to warn her to not do that, and she got a nasty souvenir to always remember her trip. She got one heck of a burn to the leg from the pipes... I was still feeling pretty sad about it and her mistake, we tired to shout to her but it was too late.

"I bet you could order off the Senior Menu at Dennys,"
Nope, I've not yet had any such luck getting a senior discount, LOL.
But your probably right I'm just some old ugly F**ker who looks twice his age.
That's what I was asking, Thank you for sharing your opinion :)
 Chromis1
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Review Please
Posted: 2/1/2016 12:23:43 PM
Ok, OP, you originally asked:

So, either I've got the looks or I don't, which is it? Please speak up I'm not going to be offended.

Per your request, I'll speak up:

I (WE) DON'T KNOW.

You already know why.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 28
Review Please
Posted: 2/1/2016 12:42:09 PM
I like bars and don't like kids. OP, we're not a match.
 ndm147
Msg: 29
Review Please
Posted: 2/1/2016 4:26:10 PM
I just checked and your picture says April 2015. No you don't look 57.
 FuelTheSoul
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Review Please
Posted: 2/2/2016 3:09:07 AM
What do you all think of Tinder? I was thinking of giving that a try, it can't be no worse than this site. I've written so many messages I've lost track of the number, it has to be north of a couple 100 now. Obviously the women in my region aren't going to answer here on POF. I guess it's time to head back to the bars, though I hate doing that.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 31
Review Please
Posted: 2/2/2016 5:39:40 AM
I'm going to hazard a guess - they don't respond because they have NO IDEA what you look like!
Can't see your face, does he have hair, balding? But I bet you msg women who's face ( and body) is visible :/
The young women I know have stopped using Tinder much - too many guys just looking for hook ups.
My 40ish friend uses it because she likes really young Men and is only looking for NSA fun.
But 2 pages in and the one thing everyone keeps saying is Pictures. Hmm. If only there was a device to get immediate photos and then post them
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 32
Review Please
Posted: 2/2/2016 6:34:16 AM

Obviously the women in my region aren't going to answer here on POF.

Nope, nobody is going to answer to a terrible profile with one terrible photo.

So you have a choice

a) Carry on moaning about how bad this site is
b) Give up and try somewhere else
c) DO SOMETHING POSITIVE about it, make a good profile following the large amount of advice you've been given, get some good photos, and send a new batch of good quality messages.

Good luck with your choice :)
 Forums_only
Msg: 33
Review Please
Posted: 2/2/2016 7:22:34 AM

What do you all think of Tinder? I was thinking of giving that a try, it can't be no worse than this site. I've written so many messages I've lost track of the number, it has to be north of a couple 100 now. Obviously the women in my region aren't going to answer here on POF. I guess it's time to head back to the bars, though I hate doing that.

I think Tinder would be perfect for you. Obviously.
 FuelTheSoul
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Review Please
Posted: 2/2/2016 2:55:38 PM
Yea, I think trying a much better site than this one is the way to go.
Way too many women in my region on POF looking for Mr. GQ.
I did add the only other photo I had of me that I thought looked half way decent.
But I thank you all for sharing your wisdom and I wish all of you well. Have a great day :)
Your friend JC.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 35
Review Please
Posted: 2/2/2016 4:09:57 PM
Why do you think the “halfway decent” pics of you, are the ones that don’t show you? Your head and eyes are still covered. Why??

I’ve heard tinder is nothing but pics, doesn’t seem like that would be better for someone who refuses to post honest pics. You have to present your real self sooner or later, ya know.

Way too many women in my region on POF looking for Mr. GQ.

Well you’ve got the cheesy pics to go with that whine. Good luck on Tinder. No women looking for “Mr. GQ” on there. :/
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 36
Review Please
Posted: 2/2/2016 8:03:42 PM

I'm not looking for a booty call or a friend with benefits. I could get that with a 20 something year old at a local bar.

Can I have the name of that bar?

What do you all think of Tinder?

Makes for a better fire.

The best advice I can give a guy for online dating is to use as much clean humor as possible in profile and messages, (eliminate the negativity, despite the urge), and hope the humor starts to get appreciated again soon, like it used to be.

Otherwise, it's just a popularity contest based on photos, with lots of disappointment to follow, occasionally populated by a few success stories out of millions of people.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review Please