Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What do you make of this supernatural incident?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MatrixUnplugging
Msg: 22
What do you make of this supernatural incident?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

Actually, how that story was told to me was the prophet was told to stop being such a **** and say to the children: "Stickeths and stoneths may breaketh my boneth but nameth may nevereth hurteth me." -- Butterchickenchuck

I like the humour, Butterchickenchuck. There's not much of it in the Bible, unfortunately. It's a pretty horrific book, parts of which would make Satan reach for his tranquillizers. I am surprised that so many people call it the 'Good Book,' especially when its pages are drenched with human suffering of all kinds, and the promise of hellish torture in the future, should one not knuckle down to God's wishes.

We must remember that, despite Jo van saying that the word 'supernatural' is redundant, the Bible is replete with supernatural events and incidents, including a clear case of time travel in the Old Testament. If we believe in God -- if we believe in Him -- we must believe that He is a supernatural being and that He performs supernatural events. Many scholars and scientists believe in the Bible, so it must have some credibility. And there is even scientific evidence for the existence of Goliath -- he of David and Goliath clash.

I would like to write about another story supernatural case in my next post. It is a remarkable story.

Best wishes

- Peter
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 23
What do you make of this supernatural incident?
Posted: 2/7/2016 6:36:16 PM

Many scholars and scientists believe in the Bible, so it must have some credibility.

I find this a curious statement... that credibility derives from belief... that something must be credible... simply because someone believes it...

I always kind of thought it worked the other way... that belief derives from credibility...

Maybe you can explain how that works...
 funchesf
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/7/2016 7:26:58 PM

Posted By: matrixunplugging
Anyway, the psychiatrist did an in-depth interview and sent his report to her GP, saying that: “As far as he was concerned, I was saner than he was and that he couldn't help me."

seems more like Gaye's psychiatrist need a psychiatrist

Captain Bob is the kind of man who you would want in a court room.

especially if Captain Bob is flying an airliner after drinking ...he should be on trial in a court room

But then again, I must listen to all these negative, sarcastic,

it might be because of the way you are portraying the characters in your stories,, you tried to make Captain Bob and Gaye so sane and intelligent and beyond reproach that they no longer seem human or the story believable not taking into account that even intelligent and semi-sane people can sometimes have delusions or in Captain Bob's case "The D.T.s"

Posted By: Itsjustlinda
and I did not know that pilots had to be tee total either...yaaawn

odd that you didn't know this but just like you are encourage not to drink and drive the pilots are encourage not to drink and fly a plane up to 30,000 feet with a fuselage filled with captive passengers and a payload of highly flammable jet fuel that could reign down and set ablaze an entire community....."Pilot Teetotalling" helps lessen the chance of the passengers becoming part of the paranormal world

Some time ago I had a debate with a man about evil. He is a Christian and said that evil comes from Satan. I assured him that Satan is not responsible for the evil in the world, and that God himself is the sole proprietor. He was shocked, looked askance at me as if I was mental, and raised his Bible (King James Version -- pure stuff) and walked away.

perhaps because you were displaying negativity and insinuating that he is a liar

some are of the belief that if Satan decide never to fulfill Revelations that Judgement Day and the second coming of Christ will never take place and Satan will forever rule which is why some Christians "Satanic Christians" worship Satan as God
 daynadaze
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2016 7:33:15 PM
Oh please with the how dare you say something not positive, read the title of this thread, the OP asks what people think and then if the replies are to his liking, well them those people are polluting the thread. If you do not want opinions of all kinds, then do not ask them on a forum open to all.
 lil_poppy
Msg: 26
Posted: 2/7/2016 8:36:01 PM

You also said somewhere that Adolf Hitler put a bullet in his head. Wrong. Dead wrong. More propaganda by those who want you to think in a certain way for a certain reason. Adolf Hitler escaped to Argentina with Eva Braun with the help of America. He lived there peacefully for several years until his death. You have invested your energy in the Great Lie, believing what our Masters want you to believe, through the BBC and other mainstream media outlets. It's like George Washington being the first American president. He wasn't. Did you know that? Did you know, too, that there were people in North America LONG before the so-called indigenous peoples, the indians, some of them giants? Did you know that the Smithsonian Museum has already found some of these giants and are suppressing them most vigilantly?

The OP also posted the above in another thread so I wouldn't be too worried about his opinions on others in here.

Someone's batshyt crazy is showing.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 27
Posted: 2/8/2016 11:28:02 AM
Matrix, why would would you follow anything from "Jesus" given your leanings..He was a non-white "wog" from the Middle East..clearly would not be to your liking or acceptance
 Jo van
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/8/2016 1:16:22 PM

We must remember that, despite Jo van saying that the word 'supernatural' is redundant, the Bible is replete with supernatural events and incidents, including a clear case of time travel in the Old Testament. If we believe in God -- if we believe in Him -- we must believe that He is a supernatural being and that He performs supernatural events. Many scholars and scientists believe in the Bible, so it must have some credibility. And there is even scientific evidence for the existence of Goliath -- he of David and Goliath clash.

I didn't actually say "redundant", I said "cop-out". -And by that I meant in the sense that there are a plethora of tangible, verifiable, scientific explanations, instead of the few simplistic fictions, which were conceived during the bronze age.
The "bible" claims that "Sodom and Gomorrah" were destroyed "by god", whereas we now know it was an earthquake, the same goes for "Jericho".
Primitive people had primitive explanations.
They also claim that a "race of giants" existed, who were supposedly about thirteen feet tall. (Arrived at by 'converting' their measurements)
There is no "scientific evidence" of this, AFAIK., if you know of some. I'd like to see it.

They also claimed that 'Abe' circumcised all 300 of his male slaves, in a single day!!.
-If he worked at it 'round the clock', that's still about 5 minutes per circumcision.
And all with a bronze or flint "knife" too.
I dread to think what sort of a job he made of the last few, or the ones performed by candlelight.

It's true; the "bible" is full of fantastic stories, as in "based on fantasies".
Apparently, "god" spoke to Abe, via "a burning bush".
I think we can all take a 'wild stab' at exactly what sort of "bush", being "burnt", could result in lengthy philosophical discussions with a shrubbery

It's an interesting collection of primitive 'folk myths', or perhaps a useful anthropological insight into early civilisations, and how they lived, and what they believed.
If somebody wrote it today, and claimed it was "true", they'd probably be "sectioned", for their own good.
It should only ever be considered in the context of their knowledge. Which was pretty shabby, by today's standards.

But please feel free to regale us with more "ghost stories".
How come there are no "cave-man" ghosts?
Or Neanderthal ghosts....?
Or Australopithicus ghosts..?
Or even dinosaur ghosts...
Lots of them died too you know...
Just sayin..
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/8/2016 1:57:28 PM
The OP didn't get the "Tell us more" reaction he anticipated. His notions and stories don't do well in sunlight. I'm pretty sure he went back to his basement.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/8/2016 2:05:27 PM

It got to the point where she was pinned up against a wall and raped. “This thing inside me,” she said, “oh my God. It was from hell itself.”

Maybe her name was really Rosemary and she birthed the anti-christ.

Anyway, the psychiatrist did an in-depth interview and sent his report to her GP, saying that: “As far as he was concerned, I was saner than he was and that he couldn't help me."

That sounds like a legitimate professional assessment.

Should have set the affair in New Orleans or Haiti, IMO. Is depicting “John,” as a “negro” supposed to validate the use of voodoo?? So not only is the story BS it’s racist BS.

But I guess not too surprising from a guy who thinks the POTUS is a member of ISIS.

…one of God's prophets, after being called 'Baldy' by a group of children, called upon God to bring down evil and destruction to those children, whereupon crazed she-bears came out of the woods and literally ripped the boys apart…

a grown man, a “prophet” gets bent over children calling him “baldy”?????? and “god” sent bears to rip the children apart ?? wow I need me a god like that.

OP I’m suggest you broaden your extensive biblical research to include the Pharisees.

" Stickeths and stoneths may breaketh my boneth but nameth may nevereth hurteth me "

Brilliant!
 _babblefish
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/8/2016 4:04:18 PM
you people are rude, my David Icke book is missing and i want to read more from the OP about the greys, reptilians and things that go bump in the night

kthxbai
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/8/2016 4:07:41 PM
Telltale signs of BS..Hitler lived after 1945 in Argentina "for several years".. Why not a more specific timeframe? Yes Washington not the " first American " president as he was born in England..
 call_me_tater
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/8/2016 4:12:30 PM
Why did you ask "What do you make of this supernatural incident?" when you really meant "Please, only true believers reply"?
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/8/2016 4:18:54 PM
^^^^^^ And if that IS what he meant, why didn't he just IGNORE the non believers ????

It's like getting angry at all the lousy drivers vs watching out for them and NOT letting them ruin your day.

...he needs to read the 4 agreements a few more times me thinks
 funchesf
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/9/2016 8:11:06 AM

wish a few others had more open minds

How Rude

but anyway allow me to tell a story of the paranormal,

it all began when I visited a friend that I recently helped move into a home him and his wife purchase and learned that his young daughter refuse to sleep in her bedroom, she claim that there were a monster in her closet that would make noise and would stare at her,

her parents believed that the culprit was a mouse but had no luck catching anything in the mouse traps and the daughter insisted that it wasn't a mouse and that it wore clothes and would come when the chair would rock

her parents were discussing whether it was just a phase like an imaginary friend and if the behavior continued that they probably consider taking her in for tests ...

of course her story struck my curiosity, so I asked the daughter to draw a picture of what she saw and the picture she drew clearly was not of any mouse or creature I've seen, ..

so I decided to do some research to find out what it could be by searching the internet and even make a short story picture video and placed it on cable television which took about a month to air, but when it did air I began receiving phones calls but the calls were not about the thing in the picture but from other people that have seen things and were going through their own horrors and wanted help

so I took their stories and pictures and ran it as sci-fi series on cable television ...it became "the guild for those that may find themselves in an unusual situation" in fact as of now I'm rebooting the series and calling it "The Book of Funches "

but anyway I was finally contacted by someone from Germany that claim the thing in the picture that my friend's daughter drew was called a "Schlechter Geist", that people would place rocking chairs in their home because the presence of a "Schlechter Geist" would cause the chair to rock until it left, it was also believed that it would use the evil left on clothing to manifest itself and give itself a form and that it would hide itself and stare at potential victims waiting for them to fall sleep to leave a scratch somewhere on the victim's body

later to find out that the daughter did have a small toy rocking chair in her dollhouse and that in her closet was a small hidden panel built by the previous owners that open up a storage room that contain old clothing
 gtomustang
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/9/2016 8:39:01 AM
its a pity the Vodun victim didn't get a rape kit...might be interesting to discover if she was molested by something tangible or intangible. If Vodun truly has such power, why is it not applied more, like say to armies invading Haiti and other locations?
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/9/2016 6:12:18 PM
Not sure why Pete would be so concerned at what the US President says, not residing there but rather part of the foreign hordes of invaders that have overrun New Zealand, imposing themselves where they are not wanted.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/9/2016 6:52:10 PM

"My family firmly believed it was Jesus protecting him."

Maybe not. Maybe it was the ghost of Grandad's own father or the ghost of a good mate long died.

Why do people automatically see Jesus or the Virgin Mary. They see pictures of Jesus or Mary in everything from grilled cheese sandwiches to toast. How come I never hear of someone seeing Bob Marley or Winston Churchill in their food. And then some nitwit sells the Jesus grilled cheese on EBay to another nitwit. Seems odd.

Thankyou for ridiculing what I believe in.

I made a contribution to the OP's post. I will not enter into a religious debate with anyone. I've said that before in my posting history. I respect what everyone believes and disbelieves in. That is all.

Matrix, the OP, said:

I thought this, too, Lil poppy -- the part about Jesus walking alongside this woman's granddad.
I think it was perhaps a relative, a brother or a father, or someone. I don't think it was Jesus.

....and I appreciate your thoughts on that, Matrix. Unlike Lil Poppy; you did not challenge me.

Anyway, aside from who believes who was accompanying my then teenage Grandfather as he walked home after dark.......SOMEONE was walking beside him. I find that an interesting story.

I'm a Christian, yes, and believe it or not, I do believe in the paranormal. I've seen it myself.
 lil_poppy
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/9/2016 7:13:02 PM
Lol. Wow, chill a bit. No one, including me, ridiculed what you believe in. If you think that, you're a little sensitive and overreacted big time. My take on what was said was valid, Inasked some questions. And you know what, I made a contribution to the OP's post as well. Are you special and only your contribution counts? And it was not a religious debate, Geezus. And you weren't challenged. If you think you were, see line one where I mention "a little sensitive".

And, if you want to be challenged...you were told a story and who knows if it's true or not, you weren't there.

As for the OP, after reading his other posts in other threads, I want no part of contributing to anything he writes, thinks or says. You can hang around him if you want.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/9/2016 8:15:47 PM
^^^ I do apologise for overreacting. I just read over my post. And no, I'm not indicating I'm special in any way whatsoever. :)

I havn't read the OP's posting history, however, it seems some posters here question his authenticity.

To carry on with supernatural incidents ( I call them paranormal) it's always an interesting read. Maybe one of us should start a new thread regarding such. I have a few stories to tell but I'm sure they are benign compared with others stories. :)
 dragonbytes
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2016 8:35:09 AM
I met someone from online dating, we dated then got married and are now happy.

That just HAS to be a supernatural incident!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What do you make of this supernatural incident?