Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chromis1
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Are women on POF actually looking for a relationship?Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if eventually someone hacked it, and it blew out like Ashley Madison and was overwhelmingly shill/zombie profiles.

I kinda doubt that.

I've either dated, met, conversed with or received messages from more women than I can possibly remember. These were real people, and plenty of them.

At one time starting about a year ago, I kept a folder of the women I'd most like to meet. I have no use for it now, obviously, and before I deleted it I checked to see how many were still hanging around. Less than 20%. The rest were gone. Either paired up, or fed up, take your pick.

I agree that every site has its share of fake profiles, put there either by the site owner or people with too much time on their hands. But I also believe that said fake profiles are a small percentage of the total population.
 no_kids_please
Msg: 29
Are women on POF actually looking for a relationship?
Posted: 2/17/2016 1:09:04 PM
I never said there aren't real women on here. I'm just saying that those front pagers and match reccos they push out there are highly suspect.

Also, keep in mind, you're in a very different age group and demographic (probably not POF's prime target), so your experience isn't the same as the 20/30s crowd.

There's the final possibility that you, yourself, could be a meatpuppet for the site as well, calming any dissention that might be cast. I worked in web strategy for half a decade when I was in Portland. It's far from unheard of. A lot of the faceless, 50-something profiles posting on this forum are peculiarly similar as well. Jus' sayin'.
 Chromis1
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2016 2:28:39 PM

There's the final possibility that you, yourself, could be a meatpuppet for the site as well, calming any dissention that might be cast. I worked in web strategy for half a decade when I was in Portland. It's far from unheard of. A lot of the faceless, 50-something profiles posting on this forum are peculiarly similar as well. Jus' sayin'.

Yeah, well, you're wrong and there's enough folks here who know me to back that up.

You also said that you wouldn't be surprised if the profiles here were "overwhelmingly" zombie/shill profiles, and that's wrong, too.
 no_kids_please
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/17/2016 11:52:31 PM
Back you up how? Say your faceless online identity somehow translates into real life? What does that prove? Is Lennay Kekua here to legitimize you as well? Or Keyser Söze for that matter.

And I stand by my second statement. The sheer numbers that got dumped by the Ashley Madison debacle were off the charts. PROOF that programmers could do it. Is it that extreme here? Probably not. Across all age groups (especially the desirable younger demo), probably still significant.
 tinkererofsorts
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/18/2016 8:37:55 AM
I may be able to shed some light on this subject. I can assure you all they at least 99% of the super attractive girls on here are, in fact, real people. I go out with the hot ones frequently although what I deem "hot" may be ugly to the next guy. I'm writing about the thin, really attractive types that most guys go for. They are real but it's almost impossible to imagine the amount of attention the receive until you are around them in public places. It's astounding! I have female friends who I have known for 15+ years and I am out with them in bar settings, comedy clubs, beaches, etc. and I see them a couple of times per month. My reference for where we go out is Houston, TX which is a large city of 5 or more million folks. Let's say we all go out as a group to four different bars one night and we eat out at a restaurant. That's something we commonly do. Guys will walk up to the girls in our group while we are eating and hit on them. I'm not kidding! Houston is a big city so in the bars we visit in Midtown, Neartown, or Uptown are crowded places. In each bar there will be between 250 and 1,200 people inside. I kid you not, at least 100 guys will walk up and hit on these girls in each bar we visit. Just imagine if any of you had that much attention. You could be very picky and these girls are definitely that way. They get laid regularly and are actually pretty interesting women once you get to know them. They have cool hobbies and most stick to themselves just like the rest of us probably do. I'm telling you though...they get more attention than you can possibly even fathom. I can tell you all exactly what they look for in a guy...

They want a guy who is a few years older than they are because hey all need to be guided a bit in life. They want a guy who makes a decent amount of money. Not a rich guy but a guy who can provide for a household. Most of these attractive girls are extremely loyal so they will stick with the right guy that they choose. What they REALLY look for is someone who is adventurous. I'm a guy who likes to go on mini adventures, as I call them. I fly down to Mexico to celebrate The day of the dead, fly to Vegas for a weekend, fly to New York to see something on Broadway, drive to Louisiana to visit New Orleans, etc. I also scuba dive and all of that jazz but those things are more geared toward things I do for self fulfillment. The hot chicks don't care about me liking metal detecting or ghost hunting although they will tag along on occasion. So, basically they want to party and have fun a bit but once they settle into to a guy they become more low key. That's when they will want to go deep sea fishing with their boyfriend or do whatever else he is into. Usually they stay with a guy for a long time and most move on to marry the one they pick. Always keep in mind that they are the ones doing the picking so do the best you can with your peacock feathers on display and if you find a hot girl who likes you then they are just like any other female. They nag, get stomach aches, have dirty hair, etc. just like anyone else so don't ever think they are something special. Your brain is pushing hard to mate with them due to evolution so learn to override that part of your thinking and treat them as humans. They definitely respond to that. Oh and never put up with their shit! That's important as well.

Here is he thing...if these hot women aren't responding to you then you aren't as attractive or exciting as you think you are. That's the cold hard truth and I mean no disrespect by writing that. If you had 1,000 women a day hitting on you would you guys go for an unattractive one who ****ed on a dating site? Even if she told you she was the coolest person on Earth you would pass her by and go for something more appealing. You guys are being the frumpy girl but in reverse so if you want a hot one then lift weights, make enough money to be comfortable, keep yourself extremely well groomed, be a man who is alpha but not an a hole, and get out to do things with these girls.

I don't do long term relationships with the hot ones. I like simple, tall, and thin, who like to garden but if you want a hot girl then go get one. But I'm telling you guys...you are going to have to work really hard to land one. If that's what you want though then, hell, I'll even be your wingman if you ever visit Houston. Good luck out there fellas! May you all land whatever it you choose for a mate and I mean that!
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/18/2016 8:50:12 AM
"but if you want a hot girl then go get one. But I'm telling you guys...you are going to have to work really hard to land one. "

No thanks, I'd rather let things happen naturally with the sweet cute type.
Having to risk getting into a fight with some bozo every time I go out doesn't sound like fun.

And knowing that they get laid regularly ?

EWWWWWWWWWWWW

In all honesty, I don't care how hot a woman is , if I found out she's had a zillion dicks in her that is a turn off for me !
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/18/2016 8:52:07 AM

Most of these attractive girls are extremely loyal so they will stick with the right guy that they choose.

Totally agree with this.

I don't do long term relationships with the hot ones. I like simple, tall, and thin, who like to garden but if you want a hot girl then go get one. But I'm telling you guys...you are going to have to work really hard to land one.

I am going to re-qualify the above statement. There are the Barbie dolls, which fit what you say above, and then there are the what I call the Naturals, which qualifies to your second description. These are women that are super hot, but don't flaunt it, in fact they don't even know or care that they are hot. They have degrees, they play sports, they love doing goofy things, they read novels, like Indi music, and exotic food.

The first one wants that guy that is hot and buff. The second one is sick and tired of the posers and wants a real man and is willing to get to know such man on an intellectual level.
 crook_catcher
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/18/2016 8:52:30 AM

then they are just like any other female. They nag, get stomach aches, have dirty hair, etc. just like anyone else

Now this I agree with. ^^^/

I go out with the hot ones frequently although what I deem "hot" may be ugly to the next guy. I'm writing about the thin, really attractive types that most guys go for. They are real but it's almost impossible to imagine the amount of attention the receive until you are around them in public places. It's astounding!

What's even more astounding is that even in spite of the above here you are on pof with a new account? You work for Match?
 tinkererofsorts
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/18/2016 9:02:34 AM
I moved out to a rural area a 45 minute drive Weet of Houston and those city girls don't like the country for the most part. I'm seeking out a different type of female and I don't know any who like this new lifestyle I have picked out for myself. So, here I am!
 Chromis1
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2016 9:26:55 AM

Back you up how? Say your faceless online identity somehow translates into real life? What does that prove? Is Lennay Kekua here to legitimize you as well? Or Keyser Söze for that matter.

Don't get into an argument with me on this point. I wasn't faceless until a few months ago and much about me has translated into real life. I didn't appreciate your innuendo that I'm a shill for this site. Some of the people here have known me for years which, of course, you would know nothing about.

Is it that extreme here? Probably not.

So, "overwhelming" was an exaggeration? So you're back-pedaling?

browneyesboo
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/18/2016 9:32:39 AM
^^^^I remember Mr. Chromis and his cute puppy dog before he found his lady friend.
I can legitimize him.
But who can legitimize me?
I'm just here for the free food.
 Chromis1
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2016 9:35:28 AM
^^^^ Thank you, Boo. :)

Free food served promptly at 7 am, noon and 6 pm.
 no_kids_please
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/18/2016 10:12:55 AM

Don't get into an argument with me on this point. I wasn't faceless until a few months ago and much about me has translated into real life. I didn't appreciate your innuendo that I'm a shill for this site. Some of the people here have known me for years which, of course, you would know nothing about.

Deal with it. "Nobody knows what a killer* looks like."

*or shill

So, "overwhelming" was an exaggeration? So you're back-pedaling?

Not at all. I've read a metric butt ton of obvious bait profiles on here that were obviously shat out by the same writing team, who log on and it around every night around the same time... call it bot-o-clock.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/18/2016 10:47:04 AM

^^^^I remember Mr. Chromis and his cute puppy dog before he found his lady friend.

Well darn, congratulations Chromis. It's good to know I am not the only one (of the guys) that has found someone and are here only for the pop corn and drama.

Hehehe
 Chromis1
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2016 10:55:01 AM

Deal with it. "Nobody knows what a killer* looks like."

*or shill

By the same token, who's to say you haven't been planted here by a competing dating website for the sole purpose of bemoaning the lack of available women, since nobody ever writes back to you?

Not keen with that characterization? Deal with it.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/18/2016 11:05:32 AM
I'm still stuck on " needing guidance" eyeroll
What is this free food you speak of?
 ohenryx
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2016 12:31:13 PM

no_kids_please
Plenty Of Fish is, and always has been, an exercise in gray hat marketing. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if eventually someone hacked it, and it blew out like Ashley Madison and was overwhelmingly shill/zombie profiles.

You are so full of s___ your eyes are turning brown.

Item 1, there was a claim made that Ashley Madison was “overwhelmingly shill/zombie profiles”. The group that made that claim later retracted their statement, saying there was no real evidence to support it.

Item 2, I have met more than 200, maybe more than 300 (who’s counting?) women from this site and Ok*Cupid. They were real, each and every one.

Item 3, I have met (personally) 20 or 30 women from Ashley Madison. They were also very real.

So why don’t you crawl back under your rock?

Tinkerofsorts: New Ulm? Man, you are out in the sticks! I lived in Sealy for 10 years, I know exactly where you are.

browneyesboo
I'm just here for the free food.

Hallelujah! Have you tried the shrimp etoufee? Truly outstanding today!

SLAFFA
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/18/2016 3:01:42 PM
Over a 5-6 year period from mid 07 to mid 13, I met/averaged about one a month from this site. 90% were sharp enough to INITIATE contact and every single one was "as advertised" or better. Not a SINGLE ONE was using UNrepresentative pics on her profile...

Currently, things are not what they once were. Being a dinosaur of 63 probably does not help, nor does having a non generic profile but 2 inescapable FACTS probably account for the current state of affairs. There are now more Dating sites than ever. Probably the bigger culprit is that so many folks are hopelessly and mindlessly addicted to their phones. Just because one can always answer it before a second ring or text 100 words a minute does not make you special or make you "so much cooler ONLINE" Nor does it give you the "power" to be picky way beyond/out of one's league.

Also, probably 95% or better of Fish members are Free accounts. Free Members who PAY ATTENTION to what the hayell they are doing, can do most of what a paid member can do. I have no clue how many other sites allow members to exchange emails for free???

One need not be a Rocket Scientist to realize that this ^^^ translates into an awful lot of weeding out and wading involved at this site to determine who the "serious" folks are.

Strangely, MOST of the folks who come to Profile Reviews, don't seem to realize that their profile is an AD for themselves and that they are in a competition with other men and women. It's no wonder that so many will have such "poor luck" here. In this day and age, there is simply no excuse to have a "crummy" profile.

It's also easier than ever to PROVE beyond any shadow of a doubt (on this or any other site) who one IS or IS NOT. The reason why ever fewer people are willing or wanting to is obvious.
 LadyInWonderland
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2016 3:31:22 PM

It's also easier than ever to PROVE beyond any shadow of a doubt (on this or any other site) who one IS or IS NOT.

I'm intrigued. Could share your secret tips? Please? I'm seeing some profiles that are raising my skeptic alarm.
 no_kids_please
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/18/2016 5:51:07 PM

By the same token, who's to say you haven't been planted here by a competing dating website for the sole purpose of bemoaning the lack of available women, since nobody ever writes back to you?

Not keen with that characterization? Deal with it.

I very well could be. No need to deal with anything. Thing is, you won't see me name drop any of them... and well, they're pretty much all owned by the same company POF is: IAC.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/18/2016 7:43:58 PM

Currently, things are not what they once were.

Indeed they aren't.

Tragic.
 no_kids_please
Msg: 51
Posted: 2/18/2016 8:16:28 PM

You are so full of s___ your eyes are turning brown.

Item 1, there was a claim made that Ashley Madison was “overwhelmingly shill/zombie profiles”. The group that made that claim later retracted their statement, saying there was no real evidence to support it.

No, he corrected his initial assessment, not retracted that it was overwhelmingly bots (he recalc'd it at 84% bots). And that's just bots, not any potential meatpuppets.

Item 2, I have met more than 200, maybe more than 300 (who’s counting?) women from this site and Ok*Cupid. They were real, each and every one.

Item 3, I have met (personally) 20 or 30 women from Ashley Madison. They were also very real.

I'm sure you did...
 south_city
Msg: 52
Posted: 2/18/2016 8:19:48 PM

So?

Isn't that the point of participating on a dating site? To draw attention to find somebody who's a good match?

You took his quote out of context. The entire quote was "It seems to me that an awful lot of women on POF are just here to see how much attention they can get, but they have no interest in dating, which is why most of them ignore your messages."

I don't think this applies to all women because most likely many of them simply weren't interested in him for whatever reason. But I think there are some women here that are just looking for an ego boost.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/18/2016 8:56:28 PM
Fit Stephen- You mention "hot" in this post 3 times.
My best suggestion is to get out of the shallow end of the pool and go for women with more going for them than that they are hot. :D
 loveisatemple
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/19/2016 2:19:22 AM
Nope.
They are here to bask in the attentions of all these hot men that populate pof, their egos rising after all these adonises msg them repeatedly trying to set up dates. It's a sadism, women's inherent nature.

Also, self denial, since she refuses herself the pleasure of said decent men's company.
She is just a nonsensical twit, posting hotter pics to fan the flames of interest, whilst keeping a scorecard of all her msgs.

She does this year after year, it never gets old, claiming to want a ltr, but just mocking men with her presence.
Guess you figured it out, and can stop msging.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >