Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 106
Are women on POF actually looking for a relationship?Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Women handle loneliness similar to men.

They're just as capable as viewing someone as good for sex but not a LTR as a male.

Unfortunately, they worry about stalkers and clingers more then men do.

YMMV
 2ufo
Msg: 107
Are women on POF actually looking for a relationship?
Posted: 7/29/2016 9:16:50 PM

its hard to under stand how a women mind work,

Now THERE'S an understatement.

Nonsense. It's perfectly evident how a woman's mind works.
I am a woman and I understand my mind perfectly well.

:-)
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 108
Posted: 7/29/2016 9:23:34 PM
^ Well, you're a step ahead of me - I need someone who can even read my unconscious mind.
 dcsprtsfn1075
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/20/2016 1:19:51 PM
I totally agree. There are nothing but obnoxious snobby women who are not really interested in dating. If I try to break the ice by saying Hello, they never respond, or they'll immediately respond by saying they aren't interested, without talking to me first and getting to know me first. Women on POF don't want dates, they are nothing but teases.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 111
Posted: 8/20/2016 1:56:18 PM

its hard to under stand how a women mind work,

Now THERE'S an understatement.

Nonsense. It's perfectly evident how a woman's mind works.

Evidenced by what?

Illogical behaviors?

The behaviors are what's nonsense.
 scorpioinOregon
Msg: 113
Posted: 8/20/2016 10:07:47 PM
You can't really go by the date it says they joined. In most cases, people delete their profile for awhile. Maybe they have met someone and are dating them exclusively, or maybe they just get tired of all the B.S. and decide not to OLD for awhile. Who knows how many times they have deleted their profile and then started all over again.

I don't think the majority of women on here are doing it for entertainment purposes. They really do want to fine their Mr. Right.
 illinigirl2168
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2016 7:01:42 AM
You men would be shocked to know that MANY MEN on are here strictly for entertainment purposes and will never meet in real life. I decided after many experiments and experience, they just like have that "ping" go off ton their stupid phone for an ego boost and to have someone to text flirt with. I'm sure women do it, too.

They should all just go have sex with their phones, because apparently that is preferable company to a fun night with a real life person.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2016 11:13:37 AM
^^^^

I agree.
Yes, and all the guys whose profiles say they are looking for long a term serious relationship, and then they bring up sex immediately.
There are plenty of sites that are for hook-ups only, why don't they go there, or just find a prostitute, and stop wasting the time of women who want an actual relationship?
 2016summer2016
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2016 1:17:10 PM
Maybe they just dont know the "rules" of when they should bring up sex? Maybe they want a relationship as well as sex? Maybe the hook up sites are all scams with no women? A guy can want sex without having to get a prostitute.
 Maleman999
Msg: 117
Posted: 8/21/2016 1:45:29 PM
By the same token, some guys don't want to bother with women who play the game of using sex as some sort of reward system or treat, where a guy must wine and dine a woman for a certain period of time that she chooses, shower her with trinkets and promise some kind of future together, before she will reward his behavior by allowing sex. She should complete the task by patting him on the head, say "Good boy", and give him a biscuit.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/21/2016 2:01:44 PM
^ It would be a better world if all men could have sex with whomever took their fancy at any given moment. Life is unfair.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 119
Posted: 8/21/2016 2:12:55 PM
^^^^ well that would sure show
"There are nothing but obnoxious snobby women who are not really interested in dating"
Fair is where the pig wins a blue ribbon :P
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 120
Posted: 8/21/2016 2:31:48 PM
^ They say pigs are actually pretty smart. I haven't ruled them out as dating prospects. I wouldn't want to be a snob.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2016 2:58:35 PM
Keep it up. You women keep saying that most men are looking for, is sex. That makes it so much easier for the few guys that look for a relationship, and sex is a side bar. I'd love for you to point these jerks out to me. There would be nothing I'd enjoy more, than to have these idiots look up at me from the floor.

What I can't do, is manage to convince you that my intentions are honorable.

Don't want to date me? Fine. Lemme break a head or two, make me feel better.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2016 4:25:24 PM

I'd love for you to point these jerks out to me. There would be nothing I'd enjoy more, than to have these idiots look up at me from the floor.

Don't want to date me? Fine. Lemme break a head or two, make me feel better.

The above from this thread & the below from a thread in the over 45 forum....

I wouldn't be so disgusted with it all, if women wouldn't expect so much from me. I've seen women communicate with other women. They don't treat each other coldly like they do me. If I could get away with it, plenty would be wearing boot marks from where I kicked them. But my parents taught me mannors , and be respectful of others. No matter who they they were. I was taught to ask nicely, for everything, and never take or assume permission. I do things for others even though I may not be thanked.

No Anger issues here... Sure, if You say so...... and the word you wanted to use was Manners.....

Posting History is a Marvelous Thing......
 Ouija2025
Msg: 123
Posted: 8/21/2016 5:30:41 PM
More like scared to do jail time
If someone wants to boot a woman for not dating him dating is the last thing he should be doing.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 124
Posted: 8/21/2016 7:27:45 PM

No Anger issues here... Sure, if You say so......

Ah. It's often assumed that there is always anger underlying violence. The gentleman's propensity for violence may not be indicative of an anger problem at all. Perhaps he simply enjoys violence, or the idea of it. For many it's a sport. Having said that, persons who work in the field of human behaviour see violence as always being related to power and control.

(Good lord, sometimes I even bore myself.)
 purplerider1200
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2016 7:34:58 PM
And I'll get the chance to do neither. So what was the point of even putting it into print?

Just the injustice of it all.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 126
view profile
History
yeah, with amazing guys
Posted: 8/24/2016 3:48:40 PM
illinigirl2168,

I thought you had a boyfriend- isn't that him with you in your main pic?
 illinigirl2168
Msg: 127
view profile
History
yeah, with amazing guys
Posted: 8/24/2016 4:37:38 PM
^^yes, I do and yes, that is him..met him online after both of us comingthisclose to deleting our profiles. I hadn't even checked my inbox in 2 months because was so sick of dealing with it and was having more fun and luck with men I was meeting in real life - and then went on a 5 week solo roadtrip.

I just post on here to share my experiences, as I went on about 80 dates..some really good, some pretty bad, most just "meh"

Anyway, to give others hope..I went on to delete my profile in late June, saw his message from 6 weeks prior, and decided to reply with "this is my phone number and my name is X, call me if you are still interested". I was DONE with texting and all that BS. Figured what the heck, he looked young and cute to me and sounded sincere in his nice message. He swears he went online to delete his profile 5 days before I answered, but got sidetracked..must be fate.

Anyway, he called within minutes..met in 2 days time, both fell instantly and we went on vacation for 4 days within 6 days of meeting, practically married now. He doesn't mind I am 10 years older at all..so ya just never know people! Life can change on a dime.

Sweetest, nicest guy I've ever dated. Have not had one moment of "is he gonna call when he said he would?" After 1 year and a half of many ghostings, getting stood up, and the like, I think I am still in shock. LOL

Moral of my story? It only takes ONE.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 128
view profile
History
yeah, with amazing guys
Posted: 8/24/2016 9:59:28 PM
I'm happy for you,Illinigirl, and I'm envious!

You both look so happy in the pic.
 illinigirl2168
Msg: 129
view profile
History
yeah, with amazing guys
Posted: 8/25/2016 6:24:47 AM
Thank you, Cinnamon Girl. That picture was taken after dancing at his friend's wedding 2 weeks ago.

Don't know if you read my post in another thread, but in it I said I really liked your new profile picture.
 LexiInMDR
Msg: 130
view profile
History
yeah, with amazing guys
Posted: 8/25/2016 5:23:29 PM
I'm not looking for a relationship.

With amazing guys or any other guys.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 131
Too many trips to pound town; I'm tired
Posted: 8/26/2016 5:59:58 AM
Thanks for sharing your joy with us...
 MarsWarGod
Msg: 134
view profile
History
yeah, with amazing guys
Posted: 12/21/2016 12:10:09 PM

Anyway, to give others hope..I went on to delete my profile in late June, saw his message from 6 weeks prior, and decided to reply with "this is my phone number and my name is X, call me if you are still interested". I was DONE with texting and all that BS. Figured what the heck, he looked young and cute to me and sounded sincere in his nice message. He swears he went online to delete his profile 5 days before I answered, but got sidetracked..must be fate.

Anyway, he called within minutes..met in 2 days time, both fell instantly and we went on vacation for 4 days within 6 days of meeting, practically married now. He doesn't mind I am 10 years older at all..so ya just never know people! Life can change on a dime.

Sweetest, nicest guy I've ever dated. Have not had one moment of "is he gonna call when he said he would?" After 1 year and a half of many ghostings, getting stood up, and the like, I think I am still in shock. LOL

Moral of my story? It only takes ONE.

Great story, illinigirl2168! And congratulations!

It's always refreshing to hear about success here on POF!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >