Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > OOOOH....Canada.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 76
oohhh, my....Canada.....Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Raisin and Cinnamon Bagel...yumz...I had salami and eggs with a side of grits...lol.
But seriously...how many Canadians do you know, that could stay sober long enough to burn down the White House ?
 sillysarainsask
Msg: 77
oohhh, my....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 9:15:45 AM
^^^ I had a cinnamon raisin bagel this morning too, with coffee, from Tim Hortons. I AM CANADIAN.

A Nanaimo bar is a "square" or like a walnut square thingie. Made usually in a 9 x 13 pan. Bottom layer is a chocolate/cocoanut mix than you press in, a layer of some sort of custard paste and all topped off by a layer of melted chocolate. Keep in fridge. Hardly aaannny calories. And yummy.

There is a city called Nanaimo in B.C. and its probably named after something British or something Indian. Oh, and they had a UFO sighting Feb. 10th.

Imagine, UFO's and Sasquatch and that idiot Bieber.
 _babblefish
Msg: 78
oohhh, my....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 9:18:43 AM

jingoistic Canadians

^silly stuffs, we say sorry if we walk into a wall, it's noon somewhere, how aboot a keg size caesar? mmmm
oh wait, not m&m's...

smarties
 sillysarainsask
Msg: 79
oohhh, my....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 9:28:10 AM

But seriously...how many Canadians do you know, that could stay sober long enough to burn down the White House ?

Not many. You will have far, far more inbred, Deliverance type folks married to their sister that will be voting for Trump coming up soon. I'd worry more about them than a handful of drunk Canadians. Unless they are drinking Canadian Club, I wouldn't be concerned.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 80
oohhh, my....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 9:46:12 AM

A Nanaimo bar is a "square" or like a walnut square thingie. Made usually in a 9 x 13 pan. Bottom layer is a chocolate/cocoanut mix than you press in, a layer of some sort of custard paste and all topped off by a layer of melted chocolate. Keep in fridge. Hardly aaannny calories. And yummy.

Now that sounds really good. When you come to visit we'll have to make some.

silly stuffs, we say sorry if we walk into a wall, it's noon somewhere, how aboot a keg size caesar? mmmm
oh wait, not m&m's..

Are you from Victoria?

You will have far, far more inbred

Obama has a secret program to buy them nice little lakeside Canadian cottages. We're hoping once there these inbreds will enjoy the scenery while cooking their crack (for Zero) and apply for Canadian citizenship.

Edit addVVVV:

Tim Hortons, for those who aren't familiar)? It's a hundred times more popular than Starbucks.

That may be true in Canada.

The last Timmy's here was about 30 miles away and closed a few years ago. But, there's a new Starbucks here in town, and of course, several Dunkin Donuts
 Maleman999
Msg: 81
oohhh, my....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 9:51:27 AM
Where else can a pro athlete who is near the end of his career open up a donut shop and have it become a billion dollar business and a Canadian staple (Tim Hortons, for those who aren't familiar)? It's a hundred times more popular than Starbucks. What American former pro athlete has done something similar (other than endorsement deals, where they get tons of money for not doing anything, other than allowing someone to use their name)? It's too bad he died in a car accident before he could see it really take off to what it is today. I'm surprised the Canadian national anthem hasn't been changed to include his name.
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 82
oohhh, my....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 10:11:58 AM
Okay...there are only 3 donut's in my World...Randy's Donut's in Los Angeles...you may have seen it in movies...they have the giant donut on the roof...Shipley's which is mostly in Texas...and Tim Horton's...but only the Maples, and only in Canada...the American made ones suck......
 vlad dracul
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 10:12:48 AM
"There's a different kind of invasion by Americans in Canada. I know some people who currently own or people who have owned cottages in less populated areas and in "cottage country" by lakes."

Sorry but that was most chucklesome in a carry on film type of way. Lol cottage country over here is where there is a lot of public toilets.

"Cottaging is a UK gay slang term referring to anonymous sex between men in a public lavatory (a "cottage",[1] "tea-room"[2] or "beat"),[3] or cruising for sexual partners with the intention of having sex elsewhere.[4][5] The term has its roots in self-contained English toilet blocks resembling small cottages in their appearance; in the English cant language of Polari this became a double entendre by gay men referring to sexual encounters.[6]"
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cottaging

Anyway carry on folks I'm away to guzzle some stella artois.

Toodle pip
 chameleonf
Msg: 84
oohhh, my....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 10:58:45 AM

Obama has a secret program to buy them nice little lakeside Canadian cottages. We're hoping once there these inbreds will enjoy the scenery while cooking their crack (for Zero) and apply for Canadian citizenship.

They'll mistake each other for Sasquatch (and so will everyone else). The upside is they won't be able to run around all scared-like shooting at each other and everyone else because they'll have to leave their guns at home because your 2nd amendment is void in these here parts, eh.

vvv But what do you do about their odor?? Bathe them in tomato juice daily?
 Maleman999
Msg: 85
oohhh, my....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 11:13:19 AM
But Sasquatches make nice pets. You can toilet train them and make them do a few simple chores. and they are good guard pets.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 86
oohhh, my....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 2:11:45 PM
Hasn't been a sighting for awhile.. maybe he left the Country
They just smell like cabbage
 IL_Capitano
Msg: 87
view profile
History
oohhh, my....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 3:00:22 PM

Where else can a pro athlete who is near the end of his career open up a donut shop and have it become a billion dollar business and a Canadian staple (Tim Hortons, for those who aren't familiar)? It's a hundred times more popular than Starbucks. What American former pro athlete has done something similar (other than endorsement deals, where they get tons of money for not doing anything, other than allowing someone to use their name)? It's too bad he died in a car accident before he could see it really take off to what it is today. I'm surprised the Canadian national anthem hasn't been changed to include his name.

Well, the anthem for Tim Horton's really should be the American anthem since Timmy's has an American owner.... Burger King, I think....

ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 88
oohhh, my....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 4:04:18 PM
I had on the national CBC news and i guess it was broadcast from out east. The weather lady was from somewhere there and as soon as I heard her speak I went "holy cows! now I know where the "aboot" thing comes from". She totally says the "oo". Holy strong accent. (I've never been on the east coast so I've never heard a strong one).
 bluebayouu
Msg: 89
oohhh, my....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 4:06:27 PM
Last weekend 3 friends and I drove to Winnipeg for a weekend of shopping. Our dollar is pretty damn good right now. We had a fun time and the mocha coffee thingie is way better and way cheaper at Tim Hortons than it is at Starbucks. It was a lot of fun but I think next time I'll spend a couple hundred more and go to Vegas. I love Canada, they're so darn Canadian.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 90
oohhh, my....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 4:11:21 PM
Alli: I LOVE Newfoundland accents. Probably because I've only heard them a couple times. The first time, I couldn't for the life of me figure out where the person was from. I thought maybe she was German, but with a speech impediment.
 00Spy
Msg: 91
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 4:16:31 PM
This is a very funny thread. Especially funny are the Americans with their lack of knowledge of history. Never mind other countries they are ignorant of their own history. And all this on Canadian Dating site.
I love the Americans in here trying to insult we Canadians. Especially the one that claimed Tim Hortons is American owned. Tim's and Burger King merged into one company Restaurant Brands International. Their Corporate headquarters is in Oakville Ontario CANADA. Yes, Burger King fled the US for tax reasons. So technically Burger King is a Canadian company. The parent company of Restaurant Brands International is a Brazilian company 3G Capitol.

In Canada we just don't take ourselves that serious. In fact there are only two things we take serious, first creating American culture and secondly HOCKEY.
All things Canadian lead to or from those two passions.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 92
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 4:25:09 PM
^ Shouldn't you be line dancing, or some such?
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 93
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 4:26:42 PM

In Canada we just don't take ourselves that serious. In fact there are only two things we take serious, first creating American culture and secondly HOCKEY.

Yeah... You're a fine one to talk about others... not knowing their own country...

First... you left out... beer...

Second... you left out... beer...

Third... you left out... beer games...
 00Spy
Msg: 94
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 4:36:27 PM
We didn't invent beer we just make it better than Americans and beer is just something to do after a playing a hockey game. It helps with the telling of stories about all the Canadians dominating American society. You see that's what we do after playing hockey. We sit around at the pub, drink Canadian beer and tell the stories of the great Canadians we have dispatched to take over American society.
We call it Canadian Bacon Jihad!
Oh and we play hockey 12 months of the year so that's also a lot of beer and Canadian/ american stories...eh!
 sundownertoo
Msg: 95
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 4:44:40 PM
I've spent a lot of time in Canada for work. Mainly Calgary and Toronto. I liked Calgary, Toronto is just another big city. Good people up there, it must be the water or the air. Or the beer.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 96
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 5:19:38 PM

Shouldn't you be line dancing, or some such?

Double entendre...eh? ROFLMAO...baby, you're a hoot!!!!

First... you left out... beer.

Joe, I think you need to say that slower to get through the crack induced haze:

bbbbbeeeeeeeerrrrr

ROFLMAO...it's like being at Cheers....everyone knows your name...Zero
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 97
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 5:19:49 PM

And all this on Canadian Dating site.

Not anymore!

In fact there are only two things we take serious, first creating American culture

Put away the LSD, maple syrup doesn't count (oops the native americans invented that!)

secondly HOCKEY.

Bullocks!!!
Hockey is a reconfigured sport!
In case you haven't had the wherewithal to see that it is has a "soccer platform"
The only thing you supplanted was the ice, skates, sticks, puck.
And that is because the early Brit colonists found it a tad hard to run around in shorts kicking a ball in subzero artic weather in the fall & winter.

Same goes for N American football, it was derived from an early version of rugby (a Brit sport as well)

The only sport I would give a Canadian credit for is the invention of Basket ball; which was done by Naismith but only under commission (not on his own) while working in an American school system.
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 98
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 5:22:22 PM
lol...@Zero
It seems Canada has no culture, as I'm still waiting to be impressed with something significant...however all I keep hearing aboot are trips to the States...or dreams of coming to the States....as for the stories told to you by your grandparents and you pass down to your kids aboot America...it's joy and stuff...well of course you tell those tales , what else would you talk aboot......and for the record...I bet you're pissed now...off that hideous swill you call beer....

oh and @ZERO...I'm glad you like this thread, I got tired of seeing you circling the drain, talking about American Politics...here you can finally talk aboot, stuff you actually know something aboot.....
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 99
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 5:25:20 PM
I think the whole oot and aboot thing is because Americans can't pronounce "oo". You ever hear one say roof? It comes out "ruff." There's this Chicago station I listen to and one of their regular advertisers is a roofing company - they just say ruff over and over again.
 Walts
Msg: 100
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 5:56:10 PM

The only sport I would give a Canadian credit for is the invention of Basket ball; which was done by Naismith but only under commission (not on his own) while working in an American school system

Try lacrosse. It's actually the true Canadian national sport. But, of course we play it in the snow, if it isn't blocking the door of our igloos.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > OOOOH....Canada.....