Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > OOOOH....Canada.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 101
Awwwww....Canada.....Page 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
My igloo doesn't even have a door :( Every year my survival depends on whether a moose falls through my chimney hole.
 Walts
Msg: 102
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 6:13:06 PM
^^^^ You have fire???? Like actual heat?????

Sonofabiatch!!!!!! And all along, I always thought warmth came from whiskey........
 00Spy
Msg: 103
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 6:29:49 PM
Well onyx here is something I know aboot... Maybe we don't speak Amercan english...
Gosh darn yo'uns were no wheres close to preedicting the New Hampshire primary but this here Canadian done darn out preeedictied you!
I see you all gussied up there in yer pretty sunday go to meetin hat talking about eating Canadian bacon and a sippin Canadian beer. Ya know what we all call American beer up here in Canada... we call it shore because it's damn close to water!
Yur dern tootin!
Now don't worry all you Amercans who have a hankerin’ for playing here in our little Canadian site we Canadians won't throw you little varmins out or yer kin folk.
But the real reason we tolerate you ornery Amercans with your britches to tight is to remind us Canadians how great it is to say I AM CANADIAN!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 104
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 6:36:06 PM
god THOR.. he is spreading his net! He'll come here, all fine in his A & C, talking trash about burgers and grits. Then
He'll spy one of our many lovely and damn straight can fit into a regular sized Lazy Boy
He'll catch onto Hot Line Bling and we'll never be shed of him
I can hear him now at Timmy's
give me a double double quality
: off to work on the fence:
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 105
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 6:43:45 PM

You have fire????

"Fire". Yes. The Americans invented it.
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 106
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 6:58:53 PM
^^^^^^^
You're Welcome...........for the fire, toilet paper and mouthwash, invented to help Canadians.....
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 107
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 7:05:41 PM

My igloo doesn't even have a door

Awww...you've such a warm heart I wouldn't worry :)))

He'll catch onto Hot Line Bling

And that can only mean one thing.

off to work on the fence

Kinda like Trump's Mexican's working on the southern border....sad.

You have fire???? Like actual heat?

Yanno, there is something that does originate in Canada that you guys do share with the states...and we wish you'd keep it...that dayum arctic cold!!! We need a wall with R-40 insulation!!!

I think the whole oot and aboot thing is because Americans can't pronounce "oo".

I live in the eastern corridor between NYC and Boston...most have an accent from either the NYC side or The Boston side...and a few have the negated accent of both...here I sound like I'm from the mid-west.

off that hideous swill you call beer

Funny you mention that Ox...I think the provincial Canadian thinks Americans drink Bud, Miller, or Coors...and haven't a clue about all the micro-brews that have been the rave for many years....years ago in College I used to drink red cap...we've come a long way baby.
 Maleman999
Msg: 108
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 7:38:54 PM
There is only one way to learn about true Canadian culture. Download the TV series "The Trailer Park Boys". That's Canadiana in a nut shell.
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 109
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 7:42:17 PM
Breaking News.........
Canadian Toy Company, buys the rights to the old Etch A Sketch from some Ohio guy...the Canadians plan to start producing the toy by summer.

Okay...with all the video games out there, do the Canadians actually think something this primitive can be sold...if they are successful, they can once again join the fold as contributors....you've done nothing since the Frisbee.....
 00Spy
Msg: 110
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 7:49:07 PM
"Spin Master has built a reputation for acquiring legacy brands and infusing them with unexpected innovation. When Spin Master acquired Meccano in 2013, its engineers and designers brought new life to the brand with the introduction of robotic technology...
About Spin Master Corp.
Spin Master Corp. (TSX:TOY) is a leading global children's entertainment company that creates, designs, manufactures and markets a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. Spin Master is best known for award-winning brands including Bakugan, Air Hogs®, Spin Master Games™ and the 2015 Toy of the Year, Zoomer™ Dino. Since 2005, Spin Master has received 63 TIA Toy of The Year (TOTY) nominations with 14 wins across a variety of product categories. Spin Master has been recognized with 12 TOTY nominations for Innovative Toy of the Year, more than any of its competitors. Spin Master is among a limited number of companies that not only develop and produce global entertainment properties, characters and content, but also monetize that content through the creation, sale and licensing of products. To date, Spin Master has produced five television series, including 2007 hit series Bakugan Battle Brawlers™ and its current hit PAW Patrol, which is broadcast in over 160 countries and territories globally. Spin Master employs over 950 people globally with offices in Canada, United States, France, Italy, United Kingdom, Slovakia, Germany, Holland, Mexico, China, Hong Kong and Japan."

http://www.spinmaster.com/news-releases-view.php?id=122576
Time to look at investing in this company.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 111
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 7:56:22 PM

Try lacrosse. It's actually the true Canadian national sport.

My bad, forgot about this lesser known sport; but you are closer to the truth about it, certainly more than Hockey is!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_lacrosse
 daynadaze
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 8:45:47 PM
So how accurate is the movie Strange Brew and the TV show SCTV, because many years ago that was my introduction to Canada. ;-)
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 113
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 9:32:44 PM

So how accurate is the movie Strange Brew and the TV show SCTV, because many years ago that was my introduction to Canada. ;-)

I hate to burst your bubble... but SCTV was generally meant as a parody of US tv programming... except for Bob & Doug... and that running joke would take far too long to explain... but it was a direct result of the US parody element...
 cotter
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 9:58:48 PM
OMG ... I just love "The Red Green Show" ...

... really couldn't have that without Canada!

Those guys are such a riot!
 00Spy
Msg: 115
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/12/2016 11:58:16 PM
You finally have something right joe. SCTV which grew out of Second City in Toronto the extension of Second City Chicago. Doug and Bob were a result of the CRTC and Canadian content laws but the were also a spoof of Canadian stereotypes. The same Canadian stereotypes you see in here. The greatest joke was that not only Americans loved them Canadians embraced them. The joke was on both Canadians and Americans only we knew it and they did not. Classic Canadiana!
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 116
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/13/2016 5:18:26 AM
Well...don't go knocking the Canadian entertainment pool, SCTV produced John Candy, and what's her name...if you have cable or satellite you can still find it...I think it's on Me-Tv....

Canadian Stereotypes...what's that !
In Vancouver, some do high tea time...like the bloody Queen...they get dressed in Victorian Garb and meet at 2 pm daily
and in other parts of Canada...they act like they've never heard of tea....

but good news cometh....Toronto is hosting the NBA, all star game tomorrow....yeah that's right, a bunch of Giant black guys will be walking the streets, eating in expensive restaurants and buying expensive bling...American Culture in effect.... you're welcome..............
 Walts
Msg: 117
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/13/2016 5:28:02 AM

In Vancouver, some do high tea time...like the bloody Queen...they get dressed in Victorian Garb and meet at 2 pm daily

Actually it's not "tea" that we do daily, though it is green.

And the time we meet is 4:20.

No cups needed, and no water wasted.
 Maleman999
Msg: 118
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/13/2016 7:16:18 AM

...like the bloody Queen...they get dressed in Victorian Garb and meet at 2 pm daily

They must have got the idea from the American women in the Red Hat Society. It makes me wonder how someone saying "Let's get together and we'll all wear red hats" became some kind of female cult.
 sundownertoo
Msg: 119
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/13/2016 7:23:09 AM
I'm working out of Toronto for a few weeks and I'm going to the game. It's a big city, they will blend in Blackonyx.

I have been watching the local news here instead of the bullshit we have going on with politics and did you know Canada has a black history month too? There was the Underground Railroad bringing runaway slaves into Canada, eastern Canada. Rich history here.

"Green" tea. That's funny. In my part of the country many may not have heard of a Sasquatch but they have heard of B.C. Bud.
 BlackOnyx48
Msg: 120
Happy Black History Month...ehh !!!
Posted: 2/13/2016 7:38:25 AM
Yes, I am aware that Toronto, has a Black History Month celebration and Canada was considered the promised land for so many runaway slaves.

Canadians, seem to take more pride in their contribution in the freedom movement then Americans...specifically white's...which is strange and unsettling...
 _babblefish
Msg: 121
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/13/2016 8:20:56 AM

and in other parts of Canada...they act like they've never heard of tea....

sorry to correct you, many travel the salish sea on great white queen boats to the britland inspired city of Victoria to sip high tea at the Empress Hotel, if that sounds boring and it is, y'all could bathtub race
odd bunch on that island

Vancouver on the other hand you only find bubble tea and pork buns, not a crumpet in sight
 Maleman999
Msg: 122
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/13/2016 10:25:25 AM

but good news cometh....Toronto is hosting the NBA, all star game tomorrow....American Culture in effect.... you're welcome..............

Speaking of American culture going north, the Toronto Blue Jays won the World Series twice-in 1992 & 1993. Oddly enough, the Toronto hockey team (the Maple Leafs) are the worst team among the pro sports teams in the city. There was a strong push to get an NFL team in Toronto, and the Buffalo Bills played a few games in Toronto, but that didn't pan out.
 00Spy
Msg: 123
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/13/2016 11:37:25 AM
There is also a strong push to get an NHL team in Toronto but no such luck the AHL Leafs will have to suffice.
In Canada we do have the greatest sports trophy in the world The Stanley Cup. We do share it with the US (but not the original one) in brotherly love and as an apology for burning down the White House and for sending Bieber your way. That one we are truly sorry for.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 124
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/13/2016 11:49:40 AM
This weekend is the NBA All Star game in Toronto. Toronto is one of my favorite cities!
 flaneur001
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Awwwww....Canada.....
Posted: 2/13/2016 11:52:33 AM
OP: Our crime rate is much lower than the USA.

I've been in San Francisco since December. Last Thursday I was mugged/robbed ....in the middle of the day.

The Ferry Building by the pier has a food hall and on Thurs/Sat. food trucks surround the building and offer wonderful diverse meals for locals and tourists. We checked out all of the trucks and decided on a $10 ($14Canadian with the exchange rate) artisanal grilled cheese sandwich with a side of field greens. The weather is beautiful, we decide we're going to join everyone else on benches near the water. As we are walking I am suddenly smacked......
half my sandwich is gone....then pow...smacked again....the second half of the sandwich is momentarily knocked down..then it disappears....then I'm swarmed...... by American Seagulls. Fortunately we were surrounded by tourists.....no guns were drawn, no shots fired. When the attack was over my partner (an American) says....hey, we were robbed (fists shaking), I (Canadian) say: 'oh well, they must of needed it more than us!"

In Toronto we have squirrels and racoons.....they don't swarm....they share!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > OOOOH....Canada.....