Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Feel the Bern! (and Elizabeth?)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ed Bear
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Think before you post?Page 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
FGRN: I am a Canadian, 62 years old. I've visited nine of ten provinces and spent time in thirty-seven of fifty states. I get to watch Canadian and US news, read all manner of literature and talk to people on endless forums, even before there was in internet, let alone the weeb. Learning knows no borders unless you lock your TV set on one channel. I've had a US Senator stuff one of those mini-constitutions they always carry into my jacket pocket after a lengthy discussion, as they always do. I've taken courses on political science and political philosophy, and listened to a lot of ideas. Some of my high-school teachers came back from civil rights marches in the US south with broken bones. Some of my college contacts never came back from overseas trouble spots. And I've read literally thousands of books, plus assorted other magazines and news stories.

I went to a large, well-respected university where a quarter of the students were from Other Places, and mixed with and explored the world with them. (Grad photo on my profile page for reference. If you know the colors, you can guess the school.

I certainly don't know everything about everything, but I haven't kept my eyes and ears closed all these years. I don't think I can be dismissed as an ignorant foreigner. I DO believe in acquiring common values and respect; I think that the creation of ghettos is not a workable form of "multiculturalism"; it depends on NOT segregating people. Contact brings acceptance and appreciation.

There's been plenty of philosophical analysis about the changes from tribal to humanist alignment. I am not on your side about racial identity.

And, yes, I am straying from reason into humour when I say that you feel isolated in today's world because you are, unlike most US citizens, a dinosaur.
ED BEAR
 FGRN83
Msg: 77
Think before you post?
Posted: 2/24/2016 5:45:54 AM
No worries , ED. I don't profess to follow the biggest crowd. I do prefer Grandchildren that look like me. I love my past and wish to see my Heritage continue. Should you and others wish to dilute and amalgamate the progress of previous centuries ; feel free. I retain the right to resist.
 deetristate
Msg: 78
Think before you post?
Posted: 2/26/2016 6:34:05 AM
That people actually support Bernie was surprising until they kicked the child off the plane rather than the dog.

Dogs in planes causing allergic reactions or just hair on you is a right? I would rather a smoker.

"Americans love dogs more than kids"
I am starting to see this.
 daynadaze
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Think before you post?
Posted: 2/26/2016 12:44:50 PM
Has someone tried to make you have children who don't look like you? Of course it's not your place to decide who your children choose to have children with. You keep going back & forth, you want a white nation but yet you say to each his own...which is it? Are you working at building a white nation by force, or are you just talking about what you'd like but can't do?
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 80
Think before you post?
Posted: 2/27/2016 2:01:30 PM

That people actually support Bernie was surprising until they kicked the child off the plane rather than the dog.

Boy, I wanted to let this go. Tried to. But the thinking, as expressed here, is absolutely bumfuzzling.

As for a plane taking off with someone in that heavy of an allergic reaction, only an insane crew would have tried it. That the parents didn't get him to an Emergency Room, stat, is astonishing to me. And removing the dog would have made zero difference, any more than killing the wasp after it's bitten you would.

But what a planeload of passengers cheering the removal of the thing that's been holding them up for an hour and a half, or applause for the spunkiness of the family (who knows? no one was interviewed), or how it's related to the Sanders run? Who the hell knows? What a story on a mother's facebook page has to do with people's love and/or support of Bernie is totally beyond me, and was in no way explained by this poster's posting.

The people I know who most love Bernie, are Vermonters, whose mayor he was, whose Rep he was, whose Senator he was.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 81
Think before you post?
Posted: 2/27/2016 2:30:44 PM
Just from the post I think Bernie Sanders kicked a child off a plane so that a dog could have the seat.

Or maybe it was just delegated to one of his campaign workers.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 82
Think before you post?
Posted: 2/27/2016 11:00:27 PM
Yeah, I read it that way, too, Half--but no such story. The only story about an allergic kid and a dog, and the kid (rather than the dog) being booted, was this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3463688/I-sad-memory-dad-Child-family-thrown-flight-clapping-passengers-broke-hives-cancer-stricken-father-s-bucket-list-vacation-reveals-devastation.html
But no actual reporting/witnesses/etc--just the mum's facebook page. And how that got conflated with support for Sanders is totally way out beyond ma ken.
 daynadaze
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Think before you post?
Posted: 2/28/2016 9:59:25 AM
All forum sites suffer from those who think if they repeat something ridiculous often enough, it will become true. ;-P
 deetristate
Msg: 84
Think before you post?
Posted: 3/9/2016 7:30:49 AM
It is now clear that Bernie, not Trump, is the James Jeffries of this election cycle.

When you don't know something, silence is best, not conjecture.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Think before you post?
Posted: 3/10/2016 1:38:30 AM
In times like these, Snopes can be your only friend.
ED BEAR
 DameWrite
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Feel the Bern! (and Elizabeth?)
Posted: 3/21/2016 10:48:54 PM
"Sanders beat Clinton 69 to 31 percent in a year of record turnout for American Democratic voters living overseas. More than 34,000 people participated, a 50 percent jump from 2008. Sanders picked up 9 pledged delegates to Clinton's 4."

"Bernie Sanders Won Democrats Abroad ... But Who Are They?"

http://www.npr.org/2016/03/21/471308455/bernie-sanders-won-democrats-abroad-but-who-are-they

Bernie Sanders is catching on!!!

I hope Americans at home vote him in because Hillary and Trump are train wrecks that will continue to allow citizens to get shafted, poisoned, dummied down and controlled as well as make it impossible for the earth to get cleaned up.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/21/2016 10:58:55 PM

Msg: 86
Bernie Sanders is catching on!!!

I hope Americans at home vote him in because Hillary and Trump are train wrecks that will continue to allow citizens to get shafted, poisoned, dummied down and controlled as well as make it impossible for the earth to get cleaned up.

Unfortunately, his own party have deserted him.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/bernie-dems-winddown-220966
 DameWrite
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2016 11:12:39 PM
llove2laugh: WATCH: Amy Goodman Tells CNN the Media is "Manufacturing Consent" for Trump While Silencing Sanders

http://www.democracynow.org/2016/3/21/watch_amy_goodman_tells_cnn_the

The only ones that are counting Bernie out are the lobbyists, bought off politicians and mainstream media. Hopefully the people won't fall for their b.s. and get out and vote for Bernie and prove them wrong (that this is a race between Hill and Trump).

Bernie is packing them in where ever he goes, yet this goes unreported.

albertafor51st
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/22/2016 7:46:45 PM
NDP government was elected here last year.Turns out Rachel Notley's chief of staff ran as a communist previously.
 aj17225
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/28/2016 8:01:43 PM
From liberal Bill Maher:

"Donald Trump is not right — but he will win the election if the American people have to choose between his demagoguery and a party that won't even say the words 'Islamic terrorism,'" Maher writes. "I think the Democrats could lose on that issue alone, especially if there's another attack."

Like most people, Maher is not anti-islamic. Good to see a liberal understanding what is going on.
 albertafor51st
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/29/2016 4:24:17 AM
Bill Maher is a liberal that has recently reached sixty.Better late than never he gets rational.When I do watch him I usually get a few chuckles.Hillary would be the same disaster that Angela Merkel suddenly became.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 92
Posted: 3/29/2016 5:42:41 AM

From liberal Bill Maher:
"Donald Trump is not right — but he will win the election if the American people have to choose between his demagoguery and a party that won't even say the words 'Islamic terrorism,'" Maher writes. "I think the Democrats could lose on that issue alone, especially if there's another attack."

Msg: 90
“Like most people, Maher is not anti-islamic. Good to see a liberal understanding what is going on.”

That’s old news. I guess he is flip-flopping now because here is what Bill Maher said on his program last Friday . The video is hilarious.

https://youtu.be/aZRYfMa1wEk

Bill Maher firmly believes that Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) is a better choice for president than Donald Trump

On Friday’s edition of his HBO program Real Time with Bill Maher, the political satirist ended his “New Rules” by breaking down the Republicans’ version of Sophie’s Choice: Cruz or Trump. He then compared the two candidates against one another with a series of digs, branding Trump “like Ebola, he’ll violently kill you right away,” whereas Cruz “is more like the Zika virus: we won’t see the damage until future generations.”
 aj17225
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/29/2016 7:34:55 AM
^^^^^^ No one is disputing what Maher feels about the republican candidates but your post totally didn't address what he said about the liberals and being defeated by dancing around who is radical islamic terrorists. You probably need to do a better job at what was said and a funny video. Flip flopping and denial, two different things, I will say denial is coming out from your post.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 94
Posted: 3/29/2016 7:57:27 AM

Msg: 93
No one is disputing what Maher feels about the republican candidates but your post totally didn't address what he said about the liberals and being defeated by dancing around who is radical islamic terrorists. You probably need to do a better job at what was said and a funny video. Flip flopping and denial, two different things, I will say denial is coming out from your post.

Denial is a river located in Egypt. It is not, however, the state of refusing to admit the obvious truth. Trump just took a page from Bush's playbook. He is running politics of fear mongering. Last time I checked, Bush was POTUS when we were attacked, and he won re-election.

There are no winners if we are attacked. Is not a matter of if but when.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 95
Posted: 3/29/2016 8:05:33 AM
Where is the line between fear mongering and burying your head in the sand? Putting your hands over your ears ajd shouting, lalalala, I can't hear you! Whenever anyone says, Islamic terrorism?
Neither extreme is beneficial IMO.

Clinton avoids saying the word Islamic or Muslim connected to any terror event.

but she says that because Caitlin Jenner calls himself a woman, s/he is one.

then why can't the word escape her lips when the terrorists call Themselves, Islamic?

it is the ISLAMIC State of Iraq and Syria..or..the Levant, if you prefer.
 aj17225
Msg: 96
Posted: 3/29/2016 8:20:59 AM
Definitely no winners but Maher thinks the dems very well can lose the election. Failing to admit the obvious truth is exactly what Maher is saying about you and your party and it sounds like you are in denial. But this we have seen for many months.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 97
Posted: 3/29/2016 8:36:51 AM

Msg: 96
Definitely no winners but Maher thinks the dems very well can lose the election. Failing to admit the obvious truth is exactly what Maher is saying about you and your party and it sounds like you are in denial. But this we have seen for many months.

My party? Not even my friends know my political affiliation. You are assuming, and you know what happens when people assume. Unlike you, I never voted for Obama.
 aj17225
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/29/2016 8:42:06 AM
You continue to evade what Maher said. Goes right over your head("conveniently") because you won't say the words "radical islanic terrorist". It's ok to say, like Maher and myself, those words don't say you are anti-islamic.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 99
Posted: 3/29/2016 9:04:14 AM

Msg: 98
You continue to evade what Maher said. Goes right over your head("conveniently") because you won't say the words "radical islanic terrorist". It's ok to say, like Maher and myself, those words don't say you are anti-islamic.

You are fixated in the words “radical islamic terrorist”.

Are you aware that in many parts of the world America is considered the world’s largest sponsor of terrorism? The CIA trained Al-Qaeda and the Taliban. Ever heard of School of the Americas? What do you think those people around the globe call us?

Are you aware that currently in Syria, militias armed by the Pentagon fight those armed by the CIA? Yet here you are talking about “radical terrorists”

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-cia-pentagon-isis-20160327-story.html
 gtomustang
Msg: 100
don't feel Elizabeth, leave the poor woman alone
Posted: 3/29/2016 9:33:44 AM
hey, if that deluded white preacher who pulled the gun out in DC was muslim, would it have been declared a terrorist act? maybe we all must focus on "radical Islamic terrorist", so that we know what to call it when some religious wing nut one goes off the deep end and terrorizes people with a weapon.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Feel the Bern! (and Elizabeth?)