Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women so picky? it's not fair is it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LJane_6
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Why are women so picky? it's not fair is it?Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
My above post also explains why I think OLD is mostly BS; without being able to get a sense of chemistry or compatibility off the bat, it's based way too much on superficial qualities like looks and income level.
 HealthySkeptic
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Why are women so picky? it's not fair is it?
Posted: 4/16/2016 12:40:39 AM

geekgrrl
HealthySkeptic I love your workshop. Did you make that nice work bench?

I love a woman who loves a workshop. I did make the bench, many many years ago...

Your bike has a lot more horsepower than mine. I bet your brakes are better, too...
 south_city
Msg: 242
Posted: 4/16/2016 8:55:16 AM

And he mentioned he typically only received messages from women he didn't find attractive. Now, the interesting part is that he is bald, not the best body, bad style sense, and face was plain. So, I wondered how many nice women he overlooked because they weren't up to his physical standards

This can apply to both genders. For example, there is a thread with a woman talking about getting attention from men she's not interested in.

Also agree, but women’s versions of “hot” seems to vary more greatly than men’s. My friends and I all like different types of guys (when it comes to style, image, body type, etc.), while most men seem to consider a more generic (young, thin, model or movie star type) as “hot.”

Not all men like thin supermodels. There are plenty of men that like women with an athletic / fit body type or women with curves or even women that are somewhat overweight. It's probably more accurate to say that most men ( and women ) aren't attracted to someone that is obese.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 243
Posted: 4/16/2016 9:06:07 AM
esteemed leader of Canada, PM Justin Trudeau must own several selfie sticks, he takes enough of them..adores photos of his own face..but is kind of very metrosexual/in love with himself.
Is everything "superficial"? Looks, income, personality..?
Depends on who's doing the defining, I think
Actually Barack Obama is fond of selfies as well..
 ebolakitty
Msg: 244
Posted: 4/29/2016 3:02:14 PM

Both men and women are allowed to be picky, and sometimes all of us get pickier with time.

There is more to it than that. I guess one could say that someone who won't drink from the sewer or eat road kill is just being picky. Still, in the realm of dating, it isn't all that outrageous to hope that a few of your contacts could possess some minor positive qualities. Last night, just for chuckles, I went through the profiles of about 25 or 30 of my potential matches. None of them, not a single, solitary one had even ONE positive attribute. One could argue that I was being picky if I were to select only blondes and reject all of the brunettes but it didn't even get that far. None, blonde, brunette, redhead or bald presented themselves as a reasonable choice. How can someone be picky when there are no choices to make?
 Dinno76
Msg: 245
Posted: 5/4/2016 11:27:12 AM
There is nothing wrong with being picky. The older you get the pickier you get . By the time you are 30 years old you should know what you want in life . You should know what kind of people you want in your life . If not well then you are doing something wrong . You need to correct it before it is too late.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 246
Posted: 5/4/2016 8:12:32 PM
^^^You SHOULD but you don't, you NEED TO but you won't, and you ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG but it's absolutely fine. :-)
 gtomustang
Msg: 247
Posted: 5/4/2016 9:04:00 PM
"you should know what kind of people you want in your life"

>>>I suspect what we want are, people who make us feel comfortable about ourselves. We might fantasize about the person who validates our worth, shows the w0rld we're so amazing we can attract *this* type of person. but we want to stick around with someone who embraces our ways. as we get older and hopefully mature and change our ways, we change what we find comfortable in a partner.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 248
Posted: 5/4/2016 10:06:35 PM
So true. Which is why Cycling may as well end his crusade against addicts and cheaters and look for opportunities to connect with people who believe the same things he does. Unfortunately, most of the time rigidity is indicative of poor relationship skills. With his incessant smiley faces, GARBAGE and mantras, he seems to be someone in need of serious help. I say this most compassionately.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 249
Posted: 5/5/2016 4:15:23 PM
You know the simple crux of this matter is that FEmales are the ones who can become pregnant. The ONLY ones... as far as I know. They MUST be more careful [picky] in picking a partner... The pickiness "training" starts early for them.

It's part of their basic programming. And men have their own programming. Men are far more likely to think with their little head. Just look at how many smart/nice/brilliant/famous men have literally been caught "doing" an improper lady throughout the ages and those guys were simply the ones who got caught. Don't you think it would also be in the news if ladies were acting the fool? Humans ARE just animals and subject to following basic guidelines to keep our species going. The vast majority of Humans anyway.

IF men could become pregnant, they TOO would be far more picky.

Men are usually almost always physically stronger and are not "required" to spend so much time and effort on their appearance and women [on the surface anyway] seem to hold all the cookies and can usually get "most" men to "help" them in one way or another..

Fair tradeoff?
 rockstartrucker82
Msg: 250
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2016 4:44:55 PM
So, you're saying men should pick a girl they like and just fight, winner mounts her?

Thing is, way less women are "picky." Tons of them are married because they talked to a guy and he was interesting. She didn't start dripping at the sight of him, she wasn't instantly fantasizing about going back to his house and tearing their clothes off. She acted like a social being and communicated, and built an interest.

Why do you think your most outgoing friends have always been the ones to have the most success with dating? There's a connection there. The reason it seems like women are picky, is because most of the ones who aren't that bad found someone. What's left, and coming onto these sites, are the ones that if he didn't have a 6-pack, he wasn't good enough, or she'd never date a guy that's only 5'9. Definitely can't date a Virgo...
 Stellan77
Msg: 251
Posted: 5/5/2016 5:22:39 PM
Women will overlook a lot of things if you can make them laugh, so why not try the c0cky humor approach? They can't resist a man who farts and then holds their head underneath the covers because he thinks it's funny.
 gtomustang
Msg: 252
Posted: 5/7/2016 5:36:09 PM
that's the person who tends to need a bit more self esteem in their life. I think it was Gilbert Godfried who once said he never found humor to get himself laid. But women do like to have fun, and a cute guy who makes them laugh is fun.
 kalasmontreal
Msg: 253
Posted: 5/21/2016 4:22:04 PM
Whine less and try the real world instead dude
 Dinno76
Msg: 254
Posted: 5/23/2016 5:35:16 PM
You have to try meeting ladies in real life . Online dating too much competition from other men.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women so picky? it's not fair is it?