Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women so picky? it's not fair is it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 51
Why are women so picky? it's not fair is it?Page 3 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

Backstabbing and ****ing and plain ego that goes on with females..

those things DO NOT happen with men?

LOLOLOLOL..
 gtomustang
Msg: 52
Why are women so picky? it's not fair is it?
Posted: 3/1/2016 8:22:21 AM
perhaps the team is labeled a dream team b/c of other teams used in comparison. Two places I worked for had predominantely-female departments known for their drama....and there would be another drama-filled department. Both times, poor leadership could be blamed for poor morale. You'll sacrifice to follow a real leader heading for success, not someone who seems to be only concerned with themselves and their own goals.
 phinatic14
Msg: 53
Posted: 3/1/2016 1:57:11 PM
Can we all agree that women, especially those on a dating site, draw conclusions for the dumbest reasons. If a guy says ONE thing wrong in his profile, he is either a creep, needy/clingy, etc. If he says he is a nice guy, it must mean he is either lying so he can score, a doormat, or trying to please people too much. if his smile is too wide, then the rest of his genes must be crap. My kids can't have that, it's just weird. Is his nose too big? That's another hit. How about pointy ears? Do you want me to keep going? Guys write women off too, but I'd bet it's not for stupid reasons/and I doubt they dray conclusions from dumb things. As one poster mentioned, the fact that so many people are available is the kiss of death. It's not a stretch to say that someone will always be on the hunt for the BBD(bigger, better deal).
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/1/2016 2:11:22 PM
phinatic14: What reasons do you write women off for, please?
 Maleman999
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/1/2016 2:22:48 PM
I remember one female poster who posted she started e-talking to a guy, but quickly lost all interest and stopped contact because she checked his Facebook account, and he didn't have an arm's length list of Facebook friends, and that seemed very suspicious. She never did specify what is the minimum number of Facebook friends a guy must have to get her interested.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/1/2016 2:30:18 PM
Gads, I hope no one checks mine.
I don't have many friends and most of them
that are actually on my list, are blocked from
my feed.

I suspect the list will be even shorter after this
election.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/1/2016 2:56:32 PM
Msg. 50:
Must admit 1 of my fellow co workers said she always preferred to work with a bunch of guys more so then women as she just could not stand the 2 B's ..Backstabbing and ****ing and plain ego that goes on with females.....Her words not mine !!!!!

those things DO NOT happen with men?

LOLOLOLOL..

Msg. 50 was written by A MAN, brainiac.

Sorry to disrupt your Karma trolling.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/1/2016 3:17:28 PM
why don't you go stab a kitten or something you hateful beeotch?

with your fricking cloud on everything and everyone..do you have a crush onme, hate me for some reason?

hardly a username could be further from the truth 'some "sunshine"..
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/1/2016 3:25:28 PM
^ You be gentle.

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
It's not warm when she's away.
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
And she's always gone too long
Anytime she goes away.
 phinatic14
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/1/2016 4:18:57 PM
[phinatic14: What reasons do you write women off for, please?]

1. If it appears her BMI is bigger than her IQ, as evidenced by looking at her pictures and whether or not her profile contains any online-speak/text-talk.

2. She's bigger then me. If we go on vacation, I don't want to have to buy three seats.

3. If every one of her pictures shows her with a beer in her hand/glass of wine/other mixed drink. I'm not interested in being you D.D. If you're idea of fun always contains drinking, I have no interest.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/1/2016 5:18:17 PM
DO you buy 2 now?
Good you so caring and compassionate, great bedside manner should you ever get into Med School
 Dallasroadie
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/1/2016 6:28:10 PM
I do t think the Phinatic Guy's list of three reasons is remotely out of line. Are we picky or do we have preferences or are we selective?

Like Phinatic, I don't want a fat guy and I don't want a drinker. That doesn't make me "picky". I don't t think so.
 SpruceMan2015
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/5/2016 8:19:06 PM
I keep seeing the same women on here every day for months. They wonder why they never get anywhere? They have unrealistic, high expectations.

They **** and complain that POF is getting them no where yet they turn down everyone.

Beggars can't be choosers.

They all think they're the princess. (even the not so attractive ones) and they all think they deserve the beautiful hunk.

Time to wake the hell up and see that you've set the bar way too damn high..
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/5/2016 9:12:24 PM

3. If every one of her pictures shows her with a beer in her hand/glass of wine/other mixed drink. I'm not interested in being you D.D. If you're idea of fun always contains drinking, I have no interest.

Huh.

See, this is a deal maker for me.

I write 'em off if they mention passports or use the words friend or...compatibility.

YMMV

Hahahahahaha

VOTE NO ON PICKY!
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/6/2016 8:46:50 AM

keep seeing the same women on here every day for months. They wonder why they never get anywhere? They have unrealistic, high expectations.

They **** and complain that POF is getting them no where yet they turn down everyone.

They all think they're the princess. (even the not so attractive ones) and they all think they deserve the beautiful hunk.

Oh wow, bitter much? Maybe the reason that some of the women are still here month after month is that we ENJOY being single and ENJOY meeting different men and going out on dates. Sure, we vent about bad dates, but we don't sit at home crying and depressed while waiting for "Mr. Right".

Personally, I don't think I"m a princess, but I know my worth. I'm in shape, have my shit together, have a great career, and I'm attractive. In turn, I only date men who appeal to me. Why should I "lower the bar"? Do I have a clock ticking that tells me that by this and that date I HAVE TO be married/in a relationship/have another kid? Nope. So why should I "settle"? So I'm not lonely anymore? I"m not lonely, I have my kids, my friends, my colleagues, my dog. I dated a very handsome young guy for a short while, and I had to break it off because he didn't have his shit together. If I were desperate I'd have ignored that just so I can "have someone" who's a "hunk". Nope, that alone isn't cutting it either.

THis is the conversation I had with a POF guy yesterday. He's been contacting me since mid February, and I never responded. Very handsome, good job, BUT - he didn't meet my "high standards":

whxxxxxxs3/5/2016 954 AM
Report this message for inappropriate content

I'm coming to Olympia. I would love to meet you.

TrvstInKarma3/5/2016 905 AM
You've written to me three times already. Let me fill you in why I'm not interested: it says you want to "date but nothing serious". I want a relationship, not some other serial dating guy. Plenty of those out there, I'm looking for someone who is over the wishy-washy crap. Also, your profile says you want children. I don't. So right off the bat, no future there for me. I'm not going to be a layover for someone until he gets to his final destination. Good luck to you anyways.

whxxxxxxxs3/5/2016 9:35:53 AM
Report this message for inappropriate content

I don't serial date. I also don't believe in pulling a relationship out of a microwave. That's why I put what I put. You will find that looking for a relationship right off the bat doesn't work 95% of the time. Nature will guide you if you're meant to be, no matter how you approach it.

Sorry, but if a guy states in his profile that he "wants to date but nothing serious", that tells me he wants to play the field. He is 46, like me. That's great, but I don't want a guy like that. Doesn't mean that I'll have an "instant" relationship with someone who is looking for a relationship either, but the mindset is there. This guy is not ready to buy, he's still browsing and on the fence. I've met enough guys like that, and they really DO NOT want anything serious. And the kid thing - tells me right away that I will never be something serious for this guy. But I bet he'll go **** to someone about my "unrealistic standards".
 south_city
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/6/2016 8:56:24 AM

Can we all agree that women, especially those on a dating site, draw conclusions for the dumbest reasons. If a guy says ONE thing wrong in his profile, he is either a creep, needy/clingy, etc. If he says he is a nice guy, it must mean he is either lying so he can score, a doormat, or trying to please people too much. if his smile is too wide, then the rest of his genes must be crap.

Some people will make broad assumptions based 1 aspect of a profile or picture. A few examples

has a picture of himself with alcoholic beverage - he has a drinking problem
has a picture of himself with women - he's a player
has selfies - he has no friends that can take a picture of him
has a picture of himself next to a car - he is materialistic

Having said that, a woman isn't interested in a man because of these things, he is probably better off without her.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/6/2016 9:02:57 AM
I think online dating would go much more smoothly for everyone if it was mandatory to just have two photos, one portrait and one full height, by yourself without people or objects, and have a simple profile explaining who you are and who you're hoping to meet, period - and cut out the rest of the useless crap.
 InstructionalProducer
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/6/2016 9:11:51 AM
I just had a woman today tell me I "came on too strong for her." I literally said "it would be nice to hear your voice again before going to sleep" a few days ago, and then yesterday said "I hope to spend some actual time with you soon." We had been texting and talking on the phone for a week, I hardly think that's too much. What's funny is she told me I was the first guy she gave her number to that didn't send her nude pics, yet somehow what I said was wrong.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/6/2016 9:15:28 AM
^^^Forget about her. She's expecting a man to text with her for a year before meeting up, while you actually want to go on dates and start a relationship. When I run into guys who just want to talk online and not meet up, I move on. I have this forum if I just want to talk online.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Why is everyone so picky on me? it's not fair is it?
Posted: 3/6/2016 9:18:19 AM
"Because they can. Because they should." Best answer yet, IMO. If you reverse engineer it, who would want to be with someone who "picked" you (since we're using that term) for any other reason than they believed you would be compatible and were attracted to/interested in you. If there's no selection process whatsoever, then you could just be the next person who contacted them, or the first to answer a first contact email.

There have been threads like this the whole time I've been a member here, and it's one of the basic pity party whines that really says "why doesn't someone I am attracted to attracted to me?" I don't remember who said it, but if one would admit the same person who says that has surely passed by on someone else or probably several other people who had an interest in them. It's different when it happens to you, the sooner someone accepts that the better a chance they have of actually meeting someone who they may enjoy getting to know.
 2ufo
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/6/2016 2:01:22 PM

I keep seeing the same women on here every day for months. They wonder why they never get anywhere? They have unrealistic, high expectations.

In other words, this is the kind of woman you want?
If so, then perhaps you've set the bar way too damn high.
If not, then why whine about it?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2016 2:12:58 PM

I think online dating would go much more smoothly for everyone if it was mandatory to just have two photos, one portrait and one full height, by yourself without people or objects

I think that'd be a real bad idea. 2 photos max? Too much emphasis would be put on the just-two photos, and you'd have a Lot More "WTF? He/She looked nothing like their picture!" And there'd be more paranoid views about particular photo types, because someone can only have two. Would cause complications, as not everyone's going to put up two ideal photos for a just-two situation.

Maybe the reason that some of the women are still here month after month is that we ENJOY being single and ENJOY meeting different men and going out on dates.

True. On POF, for men and women, that certainly can be the case. That = Dating but Nothing Serious. :)

Sorry, but if a guy states in his profile that he "wants to date but nothing serious", that tells me he wants to play the field.

Just to get the record straight -- is that bad for guys, but okay for gals? Wants to date but nothing serious to many = not starting out too serious too fast. If someone really likes them, they really like them. If they, as you put it in a positive light, ENJOY being single and ENJOY meeting different people and going out on dates, yeah, they like playing the field. Nothing wrong with that -- as long as they're not spreading themselves too thin and want Just-That.

This guy is not ready to buy, he's still browsing and on the fence. I've met enough guys like that, and they really DO NOT want anything serious.

But again, what about gals? They're just looking out for themselves? Also -- that male friend of yours who picks you up on dates and Takes you out, and insists on paying, etc. That's kind of an on-the-fence thing. Granted, not between strangers, but I think that'd be moot. If anything, I think it'd be more complicated to be in an on-the-fence situation with a female/male friend going out on 1-on-1 dates on the weekends.

But to be fair to Dating but Nothing Serious as a selection... it doesn't mean Never Serious with Anyone. That's more the "No Commitment" selection. And regardless of whatever one chooses, it doesn't apply to everyone. Most guys or gals enjoying the dating field, and not looking for anything serious, are going to want to become a true item with someone they click really well with and like a lot.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/6/2016 6:51:21 PM
Let me clarify:

When I state "looking for a relationship" it means I'm OPEN for something serious IF I find someone who is the entire package. If not, I'm happy to stay single until I find someone who is at least close to it. My preference would be to be in a relationship, but not badly enough to "settle".

When I read "wants to date but nothing serious" it means that this person is not looking for a relationship. Even if they were to meet the "perfect" person, they would not settle down for whatever reason. They are NOT open for anything serious. I do not want someone like that. Sure they can enjoy dating around with no intention of settling down, I date around too, but I do have ONE relationship as my end goal. Their end goal is to get notches on their bedpost and stay non-c0mmital.

"Desperate" could be the "actively looking for a relationship" or "wants to find someone to marry". To me that sounds like "my clock is ticking, I want to start a family within six months, tag, you're it".
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/6/2016 7:06:49 PM
Dude, don't get heads over heals about that.
Yes, women are more picky then men.
On the flip side to that, women still make the wrong choices.
So mellow out dude. Grab a bag of popcorn and enjoy the drama show.
 geekgrrrl
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2016 11:43:34 PM
spruceman2015 said

I am not a beggar. If he's not what I want then I will reject him.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women so picky? it's not fair is it?