Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women so picky? it's not fair is it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 101
Why are women so picky? it's not fair is it?Page 5 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Do you really want a fireman that can't point a hose at fire??

Just sayin'
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 102
Why are women so picky? it's not fair is it?
Posted: 3/15/2016 9:47:06 PM
Breakfast, already? I like my eggs unfertilized :)

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2016 10:59:58 PM

Just remember your gonna die. :) So don't be too picky or wait to long.

Ehhh, don't worry. I've learned how to use a fake name, 'forget' to use the condom, and leave the gal with a false phone # a long time ago. So I got that checked off my bucket list! ;)

I have a question: If I die while I have a profile on here, am I destined to be on Plenty of Fish for all eternity?
Your profile will be moved to the PoF afterlife, where all women become virgins and men millionaires.

And the guys will be 3 inches taller, and the women will be a body size thinner... so wait, how different is it going to be??

It will stay unless you leave someone instructions and your user name and password to remove it.

I think it's proper to leave it in your will, to pass along to others -- so that they may cancel it on your behalf, or to write crazy pickup lines to various people in their honor. Whatever is in their best wishes.

Couldn't the men be virgins, and the women millionaires?

Sure, but that changes the whole scope of "who pays" in heaven! And even though the wine is free, the guys are more apt to want beer and some shots before losing their virginity!

Breakfast, already? I like my eggs unfertilized :)

When bringing a gal home from the bar one time, she was kinda tipsy and said she would have to stay at my place for a while to sober up. To relieve her of apparent awkwardness I said, "Don't worry... I'll take care of ya. How would you like your eggs in the morning?" She responded with, "Fertilized!" I responded by saying "I can't be too picky or wait too long! By the way, my name's mexicanguy789, and I already put my # in your phone!"
 oneday57
Msg: 104
Posted: 3/19/2016 3:08:10 PM
#1 if she looks to good to be true then figure it out....they are....and this is the computer...which they can say anything or block any body they want.....this goes for both genders....people are unbelievable in the way they are always looking for better....no one works on anything....good thing is the children of the age...wa-wa-wa....I used to do the dirtiest work and even in my last job which I retired from!.....take your time and if they have all these filters then they are NOT worth the time!
 no_kids_please
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/19/2016 3:32:29 PM

Just remember your gonna die. :) So don't be too picky or wait to long.

Or just go by Doug Stanhope's mantra, "F__k someone uglier than yourself. Everybody wins."
 hemingway234
Msg: 106
Posted: 3/26/2016 11:22:40 AM

- No, it's not fair. Nether is life. Suck it up and deal with it.

However, things are not as bad as they seem...... since men usually are the ones asking for dates, simply ask out more women. Get your attitude up and start seeing your advantages as a man, stop dwelling on the negatives and stuff you can't change.
 no_kids_please
Msg: 107
Posted: 3/26/2016 2:32:56 PM
Life isn't entirety not fair either. The truth lies somewhere in-between.

The whole "women are pickier than men" thing is weird to me. A good 80% of the population is married or coupled up otherwise... in pretty even proportions. As a whole, they can't be THAT picky.

That leaves the 20% who are actually too picky, too ugly, or who simply like being single. I definitely don't want to single. If my friends are any indicator, I'm certainly not too picky. So, that leaves me being too ugly. Someday, I'll find someone who can look past whatever it is that makes me undatable and I can join the 80%.
 south_city
Msg: 108
Posted: 3/26/2016 3:04:51 PM

The whole "women are pickier than men" thing is weird to me. A good 80% of the population is married or coupled up otherwise... in pretty even proportions. As a whole, they can't be THAT picky.

With OLD, men can outnumber women by 2 or 3 to 1 ratio. Depending on age and geography. Women can afford to be more picky and raise their expectation level because they have more potential options.
 no_kids_please
Msg: 109
Posted: 3/26/2016 4:41:59 PM
In the short term perhaps, but the law of averages is going to catch up with you eventually. Online dating, after all, is populated by real people from the real world (even fake profiles are pictures of real people). That's who's out there, nothing less, nothing more.
 no_kids_please
Msg: 110
Posted: 3/26/2016 5:38:25 PM
There's also this cold, hard fact out there that's been covered countless times in the media:

http://www.vice.com/read/youre-single-because-there-arent-enough-men-253

And it's NOT improving. A precised surplus of available men in online dating does nothing to fix the dating pool for college educated, professional women seeking an even keel intellectually and financially.
 south_city
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/26/2016 6:31:59 PM
I have read similar articles before. Unlike Literate Hiker, I don't think having a college degree necessarily means someone is more intelligent or is a "better catch". This is coming from a person that has a college degree.
 no_kids_please
Msg: 112
Posted: 3/26/2016 6:42:50 PM

I have read similar articles before. Unlike Literate Hiker, I don't think having a college degree necessarily means someone is more intelligent or is a "better catch". This is coming from a person that has a college degree.

I don't either, in the least, but that doesn't change the fact that women are LESS likely to date outside of their educational background (and financial situation to a good extent either) than ever before.

I've got a college degree too... and a good paying career... and am generally smart/worldly. As non-existent as my options are, I can't imagine the average blue collar Joe with a high school diploma has got to deal with.
 south_city
Msg: 113
Posted: 3/26/2016 6:55:15 PM

I don't either, in the least, but that doesn't change the fact that women are LESS likely to date outside of their educational background (and financial situation to a good extent either) than ever before.

I agree that a lot of women won't date someone with a lower income / education level. That's often because they have the same attitude that LH did. Being smug and condescending.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 114
Posted: 3/26/2016 6:57:59 PM
My dream man would know how to fold a fitted sheet. Other than that, I've pretty much got it covered all by myself.
 no_kids_please
Msg: 115
Posted: 3/26/2016 7:12:38 PM

I agree that a lot of women won't date someone with a lower income / education level. That's often because they have the same attitude that LH did. Being smug and condescending.

I think in some cases this is true, but in many others, I think it's just a non-malicious (but somewhat true) predictor people use to try to find intellectual and lifestyle level with their prospective partner.

But, as with most things in modern American society, viewpoints that originate from a kernel of truth, manifest in binary logic... which if you're TRULY educated and/or intelligent, you know that there's most likely a spectrum there. You picture bell curves as you approach things in life, not logic gates.

My dream man would know how to fold a fitted sheet. Other than that, I've pretty much got it covered all by myself.

Aiming for the stars, eh? LOL. My mom thought me how. Should I put it on my profile for maximum appeal?
 south_city
Msg: 116
Posted: 3/26/2016 7:32:48 PM
In my experience, the women that use education level as a predictor of a possible match are more likely to have education level as a preference. But not a must have. They are willing to overlook education level if a man matches most of their other requirements. The women that look down on men with a lower education level are more likely to have education level as a mandatory requirement.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 117
Posted: 3/26/2016 7:40:04 PM

Should I put it on my profile for maximum appeal?

People make a lot of claims on here. Where's the proof? Send me a private pic ;)
 ndm147
Msg: 118
Posted: 3/26/2016 7:59:18 PM
I prefer an educated man because as my late spouse and I raised our own kids ( he was a doctor) education was important for the children to strive towards. I wanted them to be educated. But that is past tense now. Both adult children are educated and independent.

As for if we die are our profiles going to be up on dating sites or even facebook for eternity; I have two people on facebook that have since passed, one a friend and the husband. For the life of me I can't figure out the late husband's password to close the account. Someone mentioned how to go about closing the FB account.

But what I have done is give my son and daughter access ( in my will) to all my passwords so they can close accounts after I die. These are not only financial, credit cards, utilities I pay online, FB, and much lower on the scale, these silly dating sites I am on.
 Onyx49
Msg: 119
Posted: 3/26/2016 8:10:35 PM
Women are Picky about shoes and hairdo's...not so much about men....are at least if they are...men don't care.
Why should we...all women want the same thing......a good man and a good meal, why else do they get all dolled up to go eat....hell he may take her to popeye's for chicken...but she'll look she's at a 5 star restaurant...god bless them.....
 Ouija2025
Msg: 120
Posted: 3/27/2016 5:55:10 AM
If your dream man can fold a fitted sheet he's probably a Demon.
Just because someone doesn't fancy someone doesn't make them picky. I loathe liver. Doesn't that make me a picky eater? No means I hate everything including the word LIVER.
Lips that touch liver will never touch mine
 dragonbytes
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2016 6:14:37 AM
No doubt we need an amendment to our Constitution:

Let's propose the following.

28th amendment to the US Constitution: LIFE MUST BE FAIR!
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 122
Posted: 3/27/2016 12:13:00 PM
wonder how Smug Condescending Hiker is doing now in the dating world? still a new first date every night but never a second date?
nobody good enough? but legions of men vying for her attention?
 no_kids_please
Msg: 123
Posted: 3/27/2016 2:01:27 PM

Just because someone doesn't fancy someone doesn't make them picky. I loathe liver. Doesn't that make me a picky eater?

No, it means you don't like liver. I once dated a girl who just about only liked Italian food, and this one Vietnamese restaurant: THAT was picky.

...or maybe not. From a lot of replies on here, I'm wondering if the concept of picky even exists. I guess we should all respect and celebrate that culinarily speaking, she was boring as f***.
 Stellan77
Msg: 124
Posted: 3/27/2016 2:38:09 PM

Just because someone doesn't fancy someone doesn't make them picky. I loathe liver. Doesn't that make me a picky eater?

Liver is good for you- like brussel sprouts and broccoli.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 125
Posted: 3/27/2016 2:46:43 PM
^^^^^ You can't compare liver to b sprouts and broccoli

Liver is the food of cannibals
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women so picky? it's not fair is it?