Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women so picky? it's not fair is it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 201
Why are women so picky? it's not fair is it?Page 9 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
NKP - you made me blow coffee with " The secret"
Maybe everyone show have one swimwear picture up :)
Still don't understand what is wrong with being picky. I get what is wrong with being pricky
 south_city
Msg: 202
Why are women so picky? it's not fair is it?
Posted: 4/13/2016 6:28:04 AM

Men are just as picky

Men can be picky about weight and looks. Women can be picky about these traits and other things like height, income, and education level. It doesn't necessarily every woman will be picky about the same exact things. One woman might be picky about height while another one is picky about education level.

Still don't understand what is wrong with being picky.

IMO being extremely picky can sometimes be counter productive because that person is turning down potential good matches because of minor things. 1-2 inches, literally having a few extra pounds, a weird laugh, not being a good dancer etc. Going out with a person that might be somewhat different than your usual type isn't settling. If there isn't enough interest or attraction after 1-3 dates, then move on.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 203
Posted: 4/13/2016 6:35:02 AM
Guess we going to have to agree to disagree. If I want a car with a moon roof then why would I buy one that doesn't have that feature? Actually I think extremely picky people are often successful Artists, Actors, etc. They didn't settle :/
And you clearly haven't heard my neighbours laugh that can make your ears bleed
 Hair2day_gone2morrow
Msg: 204
Posted: 4/13/2016 6:42:48 AM
Fair? Dating & evolution are not necessarily "fair" & IMO both genders are PICKY. I dated men & olet me tell you, PICKY, yes!

We will focus on the group we date, so a heterosexual male will say "women are picky"!

Just because a woman has a va-jay-jay doesn't mean she wants to parade it all over the place...
 south_city
Msg: 205
Posted: 4/13/2016 6:47:24 AM
Fair enough. But I think there are also people that became successful because they were flexible enough to adapt and try new things or methods in their fields.
 Hair2day_gone2morrow
Msg: 206
Posted: 4/13/2016 6:51:55 AM

Fair enough. But I think there are also people that became successful because they were flexible enough to adapt and try new things

I agree; I was willing to re-locate 1,000 miles.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 207
Posted: 4/13/2016 7:40:43 AM
Sadly, anytime I've had great sex, the woman was broke.

I'm hoping to break this pattern...
 Stellan77
Msg: 208
Posted: 4/13/2016 10:50:17 AM
Well, I got a message from a woman who lives in China. I am picky because I don't want to relocate to the other side of the world?
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 209
Posted: 4/13/2016 11:04:30 AM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ LOL Start digging!
 no_kids_please
Msg: 210
Posted: 4/13/2016 11:23:54 AM
I get the feeling that no one here has actually read the OP's original sentiment as y'all run around spouting anecdotes with your imaginary evo psych degrees in hand. ;:-/ Yeah, not really the topic of the thread.

He was primarily referring to being "picky" about who they respond to based not necessarily based on superficial things about the person, but rather, how the person presents themselves... moreover: Photography and composition. I call it the 'every girl thinks they want a professional photographer with an expensive camera phenomenon'. I hate to break it to all you "I saw this YouTube video once about girl chimps mating with boy chimps who have a demonstrative ability to choose 401K plans" types out there, but it's highly, and I mean HIGHLY unlikely, that humans have done any selective breeding that would show a survival advantage for offspring based on their ability to turn on HDR bracketing on their cameras.

Frankly, I think a lot of this is asinine Internet culture behavior... and anyone prioritizing whether a potential suitor's pic has the right F-stop over the substance (and even superficial visage) of the person is a goddamned idiot. Blame biology if you want to (yeah, you still aren't a scientist), but you can't tie it into presumptive nonsense shat out of Kinja sites. That's not being picky, that's being retarded. Maybe that's how OP should have put it.
 rockstartrucker82
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2016 5:28:50 PM

In a way, this makes sense. However, financial stability and confidence say more about a person’s character – how hard they are willing to work, how driven they are. (An exception would be someone who was born into money they didn’t have to earn). People (to a large extent) can’t help what they look like. So, I don’t really see these factors as “even.”

Not always. In the US, the people who are working the hardest, who are going to college and trying to make something of themselves, financial stability isn't always a realistic option. I'm planning on going back to college this year. By the time I'm done, it's going to put me over $100k in student debt. The repayment is going to hurt, but it's going to pay off once the loans are paid down. For the first 1-2 years after school, I won't be financially stable, but since it's from hopefully getting a master's degree in a healthcare field, I'm obviously driven... So it kind of contradicts that way of thinking.

And that's where a lot of people's problems come from. The day I finish college, when I can turn a $50k/year job into about a $90k/year job, I'm in debt, so I'm not stable, I have no future, I'm some loser who can't manage my finances. Give me about a year to take a huge chunk off of that loan, and suddenly I can buy a girlfriend if I wanted to. We assume way too much based on the stupidest random things we can think of. But what do I know about random assumptions based on arbitrary details? I was born in mid-November, so obviously everything I just said is because of jealousy.
 LJane_6
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2016 5:50:05 PM

For the first 1-2 years after school, I won't be financially stable, but since it's from hopefully getting a master's degree in a healthcare field, I'm obviously driven... So it kind of contradicts that way of thinking. And that's where a lot of people's problems come from. The day I finish college, when I can turn a $50k/year job into about a $90k/year job, I'm in debt, so I'm not stable, I have no future, I'm some loser who can't manage my finances.

I guess I didn't mention those who are going to school. I agree that if a person has goals and is working toward a stable future, that shows character as well. I think most intelligent people would take that into account, rather than just focusing on how much you have in the bank right now. The point I was making is that many men accuse women of being "gold diggers" when the truth is, it's not all about money. It's about finding a "stable" person as well, at least if you are considering a serious relationship and future with that person. And it depends what stage the woman is at in life. Some 30+ women are looking to settle down and have kids fairly soon, so they may want someone who is able to help support a family. A younger woman or one who is in no rush to have kids would likely be OK with waiting until that's more practical.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 213
Posted: 4/13/2016 5:53:05 PM

Sadly, anytime I've had great sex, the woman was broke.

Oddly, this has been my experience, as well. Probably just coincidence.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 214
Posted: 4/13/2016 5:58:57 PM
^^
You have sex with women too, Whatsa? Cool. Yes, probably coincidence. ? Likely not the same women.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 215
Posted: 4/13/2016 6:33:28 PM
^ I think they were men. But orifices(sp?) can be confusing.
 ginghamgal
Msg: 216
Posted: 4/14/2016 6:23:44 AM

IMO being extremely picky can sometimes be counter productive because that person is turning down potential good matches because of minor things. 1-2 inches, literally having a few extra pounds, a weird laugh, not being a good dancer etc. Going out with a person that might be somewhat different than your usual type isn't settling. If there isn't enough interest or attraction after 1-3 dates, then move on.

Some things are "must haves" and other things are "nice to have". If I liked a man, I can overlook a few "nice to have" things that are missing.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 217
Posted: 4/14/2016 12:36:15 PM

^ I think they were men. But orifices(sp?) can be confusing.

You think? You THINK. I don't know. I've never been with a person that I think may have been a woman. But maybe not. And the cucumber and the cat tricks will not work.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2016 5:24:20 AM
So today I come across an otherwise reasonable, intelligent, well-written profile from a woman that ended with this:

"ps. DO NOT CONTACT ME IF YOU OWN A SELFIE STICK"

It's nice to know she has her priorities in order on her "must haves."

This is one of those rare cases in which a fairly attractive woman did not disqualify me with her profile (because, among other things, I do not own a selfie stick), yet her profile became a complete turn-off because of the type of people she was disqualifying, despite the fact that the disqualification was for personality reasons... because if she's going to be that damn picky about selfie sticks, then what's going to happen when we're discussing actual important things like houses and neighborhoods and vacations and living wills and politics and team affiliations?

Of course, since she was attractive and did not disqualify me, I wrote her anyway, because *I* can't be picky. I just dread the future relationship I would be in with such a woman (and, no, based on what she wrote in the rest of her profile, I do not think she was joking at all with that line).
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 219
Posted: 4/15/2016 5:30:49 AM
One gal got turned off because I washed my underwear with my darks and another because I preheat the oven.

Men can't win.

Oh, to the gals that hate selfie sticks, mine has Bluetooth and a sharp tip to stab roaches.
 south_city
Msg: 220
Posted: 4/15/2016 7:13:44 AM

ps. DO NOT CONTACT ME IF YOU OWN A SELFIE STICK"

I have seen profiles that state "don't contact me if one of your pictures is a selfie". But I never saw that stipulation before. Likewise I would tend to avoid women that have these types of statements on their profile even though I match her requirements.
 Maleman999
Msg: 221
Posted: 4/15/2016 7:14:57 AM

One gal got turned off because I washed my underwear with my darks and another because I preheat the oven.

I don't know where you're meeting these women, but women I meet don't usually discuss or debate the proper method of washing clothes or the proper operation of an oven. It's the proverbial dodging the bullet.
 south_city
Msg: 222
Posted: 4/15/2016 7:19:39 AM

My underwear isn't white so I would pass the "not washing white items with the dark ones" test. LOL.
 Maleman999
Msg: 223
Posted: 4/15/2016 7:37:29 AM
^^^But what happens if you have white socks to be washed and not enough light items to make a full load? I have never seen someone wearing white socks and thought to myself "Aha. I can tell they washed those socks along with colored or dark items. They did a no-no."
 Chromis1
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2016 9:23:24 AM
^^^ Really. I wash whites with darks all the time. All my darks are color fast, so .. no harm, no foul.
 geekgrrrl
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2016 9:58:33 AM
maleman999 said
But what happens if you have white socks to be washed and not enough light items to make a full load?

Most modern day washing machines have a dial to set the water level for different sized loads...lol
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women so picky? it's not fair is it?