Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Brexit      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 276
BrexitPage 12 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
The Brexit hiccups are startin

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/brexit-could-be-delayed-as-government-departments-not-ready-sunday-times/ar-BBvB1xC?li=BBnb7Kz

Now May has stated that she will not be inacting article 50 no sooner than 2019! The reason being is that she needs to negotiate with the EU! Does she think that the EU is gonna give the UK a free ride to the Euro markets after they leave? But I suspect that TM is not a numpty, and she now fully realizes the mind staggering ramifications that such an exit will bring forth, and is trying to buy time to ever keep it from happening at least during her tenure!

This might be a good break for Nicole sturgeon, who would like to stay in the EU. My guess is that if she manages to quickly draft another exit referendum from the UK well before 2019, and the "outs" win, and parts from the UK before 2020, then it may just keep Scotland in the Eu by the time the UK formally cuts ties (it that ever happens).
 Forrest Grump
Msg: 277
view profile
History
Brexit
Posted: 8/14/2016 7:57:12 AM
Yule_liquor (msg 293)

Now May has stated that she will not be inacting article 50 no sooner than 2019!

You have misunderstood the article from the Times.

If the UK Government started proceedings under Article 50 in 2017, there then follows a 2 year period for negotiations before the UK can leave. This takes us up to 2019. Therefore the article states that the UK ‘could’ leave the EU in 2019, not that May will ‘enact’ Article 50 in 2019.

The article states that she will not invoke Article 50 ‘this year’.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 278
Brexit
Posted: 8/14/2016 5:42:45 PM
@ Forrest G

I stand corrected!

But the article goes on to say:

"But Article 50 could be invoked later than that {meaning later than 2017}, City sources who had been privately warned by ministers told the Sunday Times, with any delays a result of new government departments set up to handle Brexit and international trade not yet being fully staffed"

Thereby allowing May some 'wiggle room' to postpone it further.

It would be interesting to see what happens by this time next year!
 deetristate
Msg: 279
Brexit
Posted: 8/22/2016 11:00:42 AM
Germany is now advising its people to stockpile ten days of food, water and supplies " in case there is an attack."

When will people learn.

deetristate
Msg: 280
Brexit
Posted: 11/6/2016 12:18:40 PM
If that handsome Vlad is not taken and still checking in from time to time,

what effect if any does the Court ruling have on Brexit?

Seems that your new PM is deciding to ignore the court ruling.

--------------------

The highest number of illegals here, including Visa violators, is now Indians, Sort of what has happened in London, now India West.

I don't blame them. Their population was/is bursting at the seams. It is our leaders who are the "one born every day."

I still don't understand why or how that benefits our leaders.
Being "nice" is not enough. There must be some other reason.

(For the racists, this is about culture.)

deetristate
Msg: 281
Brexit
Posted: 1/24/2017 5:10:58 AM
I see that an Indian born in Guyana is derailing Brexit, or trying., with the help of the supreme court.
But it seems that May is basically ignoring the court ruling.

A friend said a while ago, in a whisper, that Indians are more worrisome than illegal latinos because no one pays attention to the illegal and overstaying visas of that group and they don't pick fruit or have low paying jobs but buy up franchises, manage IT systems and take over banks and other high paying jobs.
I began to look around. . .
 Jo van
Msg: 282
Brexit
Posted: 1/24/2017 5:37:50 AM

A friend said a while ago, in a whisper, that Indians are more worrisome than illegal latinos because no one pays attention to the illegal and overstaying visas of that group and they don't pick fruit or have low paying jobs but buy up franchises, manage IT systems and take over banks and other high paying jobs.

Always nice to try and find an "other" to blame, as long as it doesn't include YOU.
The trouble is, some other people are also whispering about YOU.
-Making their own diagnosis of YOU, and based only on your visible appearance.

(For the racists, this is about culture.)

Yeah, that's right Dee, because none of the stuff you're "worried" about, with your whispering friends, (which I've bolded above) is part of "our culture".

Try again

-But this time, state which aspects of "our culture" they fail to accept.

BTW There are no aspects of culture, which didn't first originate somewhere else.
Culture is ever changing.
40 years ago, arguing with strangers, thousands of miles away, wasn't part of anyone's culture.
 Walts
Msg: 283
Brexit
Posted: 1/24/2017 6:07:45 AM

Always nice to try and find an "other" to blame, as long as it doesn't include YOU

Dee sure does seem to have a lot of those "friends" doesn't she? Lately, the list seems to be growing..........
 Maleman999
Msg: 284
Brexit
Posted: 1/24/2017 9:02:30 AM

Msg 298:
A friend said a while ago, in a whisper, that Indians are more worrisome than illegal latinos...

It must be true then, since your friend, who is equally as racist, said so. If any of your racist friends said illegals come from the planet Jupiter, would you believe them?
 chameleonf
Msg: 285
Brexit
Posted: 1/24/2017 9:31:50 AM
If "Indians" are so able to buy up franchises, manage IT systems and take over banks and other high paying jobs, what is stopping citizens of the U.S. from buying up franchises, managing IT systems and taking over banks and other high paying jobs? Is it lack of education, lack of ability or pure laziness with an expectation that their government should take care of them instead of finding alternative methods of seeing to their own needs? I believe there are many who fall into the first two categories through no fault of their own, however, there are just as many, and likely more, who fall into the latter category...and it doesn't matter if they're liberal or conservative. Some even hear whispering voices when no one else is in their vicinity, through no fault of their own.
 deetristate
Msg: 286
Brexit
Posted: 1/24/2017 9:40:16 AM
Nothing to expostulate here.

Walts
Msg: 287
Brexit
Posted: 1/24/2017 11:10:50 AM

Nothing to expostulate here.

Nothing??? Nil? Zilch??? Zero?????

I began to look around. . .

Even, after, "you looked around"???????

Did you try opening your eyes?????
 Maleman999
Msg: 288
Brexit
Posted: 1/24/2017 6:41:42 PM
"Even, after, "you looked around"???????

Did you try opening your eyes?????"

Walt-Didn't you realize Dee has the ability to spot illegals a mile away. She has told numerous stories where she was out and saw someone, a total stranger, and knew right off the bat that the person was an illegal alien.
 gtomustang
Msg: 289
Brexit
Posted: 1/25/2017 6:36:30 AM
"Indians" (which i'll bet includes Pakistanis and anyone else dark skinned) buy up franchises? Guess they are following the American Dream. Around here, they do indeed grab the gas stations, which tend to have a convenience store and a Subway sandwich shop or Dunkin Donuts inside. why? perhaps b/c the profit margin on a gas station is....1-3%. Who else wants to work so hard to earn 1% profit?

let 'em have the headache. Free Market rules, baby!
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 290
Brexit
Posted: 1/26/2017 2:28:57 PM

But it seems that May is basically ignoring the court ruling.

Now it is time to address Dee's little "I have no clue what I am talking about or how things work but will spout off anyway" comment...

"Ignoring" the ruling you say...? Really...?

Brexit bill brought to Parliament by U.K. government with Feb. 8 deadline
David Davis, the cabinet secretary in charge of Brexit, unveiled the legislation just two days after a Supreme Court ruling torpedoed the government's effort to avoid a parliamentary vote on starting the process of leaving the 28-nation bloc.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/brexit-bill-brought-to-parliament-by-u-k-government-with-feb-8-deadline-1.3952950

Brought the bill before Parliament... Gee whiz, that SURE doesn't sound like "Ignoring the ruling" to me... even a little, tiny bit...

What about the rest of the "gang"... Does that sound like "ignoring" to you...?

But... I guess that is the kind of idiocy you come out with... when you spend your time taking your lead from others who don't know what they are on about...

Oh, the "stupid fvckery" just keeps rolling on...
 deetristate
Msg: 291
Brexit
Posted: 1/26/2017 3:56:08 PM
Well gto,

As leftists don't mind about the under the table low wages( or sharecropper living) illegals get, I understand what you are saying
....from your perspective.

Vlad? Vlad?
 N2U16
Msg: 292
Brexit
Posted: 1/26/2017 5:38:07 PM

"Indians" (which i'll bet includes Pakistanis and anyone else dark skinned) buy up franchises? Guess they are following the American Dream. Around here, they do indeed grab the gas stations, which tend to have a convenience store and a Subway sandwich shop or Dunkin Donuts inside. why? perhaps b/c the profit margin on a gas station is....1-3%. Who else wants to work so hard to earn 1% profit?

I’ve heard about gas stations and small profit margin but does that include the merchandise inside the store or is it just on the gas sold?

I’ve recently moved to a small town and have been to about 4 cash stations. 3 are owned or operated by Indian families and the other is by a white family. 2 of the gas stations owned by the Indian families have very little merchandise and snacks inside the store, which baffles me. The other Indian family gas station has a little more merchandise and snacks. The white owned gas stationed is filled with a variety of different products, snacks, along with hot food items like hot dogs, hamburgers, and a few other things that you can’t help but smell as you walk in. The level of service is equal, I’ve been to each location several times, but I tend to patronize the white owned gas station because of the variety and amount of choices.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 293
view profile
History
Brexit
Posted: 1/26/2017 7:25:14 PM
Chameleonf wrote:

If "Indians" are so able to buy up franchises, manage IT systems and take over banks and other high paying jobs, what is stopping citizens of the U.S. from buying up franchises, managing IT systems and taking over banks and other high paying jobs?

GTO wrote:

I have lot of experience dealing with Indians. Selling to 'em...buying from 'em. In the industrial realm... not Donuts........also some torturing golf balls and examing the bottom of beer bottles with them....

Some of them come over already having money to invest...courtesy of the EB-5 visa program:

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/permanent-workers/employment-based-immigration-fifth-preference-eb-5/about-eb-5-visa

They buy up franchises, or ailing manufacturing businesses, and hire family members and unskilled Indian immigrants. They receive some type of minority breaks which helps them exist in low margin businesses. They have a pipeline into cheap labor that is relatively skilled (i.e, educated, English skills) which also helps in lowball businesses. Many others without $$ to do EB-5 can tap into a network of Indian professionals (Doctors, etc.) that loan $$ one more lenient terms than dirtbag banks, another advantage. Last but not least many of the worker immigrants still observe old world customs and deference to family and class...therefore they are very hard working and non-questioning of authority. If any worker reported being mistreated...or safety issues....they'd risk get drummed out of their tight-knit community...for damaging an Indian-owned business. This helps owners keep tight control over things.

I go into their companiesr...sometimes up to 50 or so employees, and they are 95% Indian and Hispanic...except those employees who generally who deal with the public.......typically receptionist and the Sales/GM type person, who I call the CWG. "Chief White Guy."

I was in such a business a few months ago...working in the back....inspecting some products I'd purchased.......and worked up quite a sweat in the 85+ humid area. The workers from a distance looked at me curiously...I imagined they were thinking "Geez, look at that....white guys DO sweat!!" lol.......probably 30 workers there....I was the only white person. Indian owned, the remainder Indian and Hispanic workers. I had to listen to some type of Latin music (...yes, it all sounds the same to me), but in the front office...Indian music. Not crazy about either. Thought I was in another country but I am used to itj. A truck driver came in, a white guy, but alas...turned out to be Polish. lol....

Dat's America, folks.
 gtomustang
Msg: 294
Brexit
Posted: 1/26/2017 7:32:41 PM
on a side note, when gas was $8 a barrel, oil companies laid off their geologists and threw a convenience store into every gas station they could, in order to get that 1% profit margin. So you get gas stations in urban cities that sell "Food", typically processed and loaded with salt and sugar, while grocery stores left the cities. Which contributes to "food deserts"

https://www.dosomething.org/facts/11-facts-about-food-deserts

but if it wasn't for the low cost of gas, maybe the only food they'd be selling was candy bars.

Growing food isn't always the problem, its the distribution.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 295
Brexit
Posted: 1/27/2017 2:48:34 PM

Vlad? Vlad?

And what... exactly... do you think Vlad will be able to do to save you from your own foolishness...?

He knows I am right...

At best... he will stay silent to save you the embarrassment...
 deetristate
Msg: 296
Brexit
Posted: 1/27/2017 7:38:58 PM
That's interesting, gto. I remember reading about gas station stores being the only places to buy food in certain neighborhood in Chicago and Philly until a concerted effort to have grocery stores in those areas. It was written because one chain that had moved into those deserts in several cities suddenly shut all its stores. I am trying to remember which chain.
 gingerosity
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Brexit
Posted: 1/27/2017 8:01:19 PM

If any of your racist friends said illegals come from the planet Jupiter, would you believe them?

Yes. Why else would they be called illegal aliens?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 298
view profile
History
Brexit
Posted: 1/28/2017 3:29:23 AM
Ah brexit. The vote that kicked a thousand neo liberal elitists in the knackers. Do any of yous ever read the comment is free section in the guardian? Tis like the wailing wall in there.

Those pesky voters just never did what they were told. On the european mainland there are many elections due soon. The whole weight of the global capitalist neo liberal elite and the lying press are in overdrive to save the eu nightmare.

Over here there are two by elections coming up in February in englandshire. The most interesting is in stoke. The labour party have reigned supreme for nigh on 50 years. Yet stoke voted (i think) over 70% for brexit yet the labour mp's seem set to ignore the voters. Again.

Two shadow cabinet dafties have resigned because jeremy corbyn has done the decent thing and has said the voters will must be respected.

In fact the tories could even beat labour in one by election in cumbria. Oh the shame.

But brexit still causes chaos so that be a good thing as far as i am concerned.
 deetristate
Msg: 299
Brexit
Posted: 1/28/2017 4:10:42 AM
Do the people in favor of Brexit think that they can get it voted on and passed soon or is the introduction of legislation a way to stall Brexit for ten years or more?

What is the scuttlebutt there?

I read that """"MPs have accused Theresa May of “contempt” for the Commons after plans were announced to rush the Article 50 Bill through in just five days.""""

What does that mean to the Breixt supporters?

(Noted that May says "islamist extremism.")
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 300
Brexit
Posted: 1/28/2017 6:31:28 AM

Do the people in favor of Brexit think that they can get it voted on and passed soon

Told you so... nary one word in support of your ignorance...

Maybe you should "resolve" to only speak about what you understand...

Fat chance of that...

is the introduction of legislation a way to stall Brexit for ten years or more?
What does that mean to the Breixt supporters?

Maybe it will, maybe it won't... It might even cost them their bare majority (5 votes, 6 if you count UKIP as well)... although I doubt they are stupid enough to do that to themselves... If it comes to that... they will just "roll up their tongues" and eat the consequences...

When you actually begin to understand "How things work"... you will be able to post without humiliating yourself...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Brexit