Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Brexit      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jo van
Msg: 301
BrexitPage 13 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
The referendum on the EU was a Tory policy.
They had been bleating about "foreigners making our laws", since we first went in.

Beneath that dislike, (of "foreigners") was the ideology of opposition to any forms of "strength in numbers", represented by any forms of "union", including the European Union.
This is because the tories, (like the republicans,) represent the idea that "the economy trumps all". (NPI)
They are funded and lobbied by the vested interests of businesses, and their interests are only profit.
In order to maximise profits, wages must be kept low, and unions stand in the way of that. So any forms of "collective bargaining" are opposed.
These days, it's easier to simply "outsource" production of almost any product, to countries where workers have no rights, where 'sweat-shops' still exist, and often using child labour.

People haven't "come to our country and taken our jobs", they've stayed exactly where they were, and taken them.
Thank your patriotic "captains of industry", for that.
-The same people who are always telling us that they must "know best", because....... well, just look at all the money they've got.
The same people that fund the tories, and the republicans.
Of course, many people still believe that they do "know best", hence Trump.

So although the "Brexit" campaign came from the tories, when they began to realise that the public might actually GO that way, they began to shit themselves, because their sponsors and lobbyists were telling them exactly how bad that was going to be, for "the economy".
Many Banks are already announcing their departures, and we're not yet out, so none of the effects of leaving, have yet been felt yet. (Except the drop in the value of the £, and the effect of rising inflation, because of that)

Once the new "outside the EU" tariffs, and import/export regulations, and duties, start to 'kick-in', I think that many manufacturers, who have chosen Britain because of our membership, will find that it's more trouble than it's worth, and simply relocate to countries within the EU. (Honda, Nissan, BMW, and it might also be ta ta to Tata, who own Jaguar and Land Rover)

With barely time to wipe her mouth, Mrs May is today, in Turkey.
From one turkey, to another.
-She's after a trade deal there too.
-Anywhere, -even a country that puts thousands of "dissenters" in prisons, hey, maybe we'll get a new arms deal?

She knows about the economic shit-storm, that IS gonna happen.
-Not immediately, when we "declare Article 50", but 2 years after that, when we have to be out.
She's as keen to delay it, as any Labour "remainer".
Because the consequences will forever belong to the tories.

I don't really give a shit.
-But then, I'm not a "nationalist".
I abhor this type of insular, "tribal" identity politics.
IMO., ^^ that's just another polite, 'sanitised' form of "racism".
(HEY! It can't be "racism", if it's based on passports!!!!??? )

It's ironic, in a way, that I, as a 'deeply devout' atheist, should feel that there's no; "us and them", - just an us, (humans),
when all around the world, the religious are preaching the exact opposite.
-but hiding it behind "economics".

It's a crazy world.
Have a nice Saturday.
 deetristate
Msg: 302
Brexit
Posted: 1/28/2017 7:56:58 AM
Ok. Irish/ mungo.

Let me give you some attention because you will continue with your schpiel until I do.

Very clever post. Applause.
Common literal but not bad.

No. I still will not go out with you.

That is your attention quota for the week.

Now, bring your other aliases to say something on your behalf. Will check in later.
---------------------------

Thanks for the perspective, jo. Always interesting from someone actually in the country.

Will be watching whether all of this "leaving" takes place if there is a usa trade deal.
Or is it just rosie O'Donnell talk.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 303
Brexit
Posted: 1/28/2017 8:28:44 AM

Very clever post.

Oh, it was far more than "clever"... seeing as how it got you to affirm your ignorance...

I know you tried very, very hard to hide it... It's just... you can't... Even when it isn't "direct"... it shines through like a beacon...

You see... the only way to not shine a light on it... is to keep your mouth shut about things you are ignorant of... but you can't... exposing your own ignorance is a fundamental element of who you are... Can't have one without the other... Mouth opens, ignorance spills out...
 vlad dracul
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Brexit
Posted: 2/1/2017 5:42:40 AM
Now oor jo and myself seldom agree on much. And once again i have to take him to task because of his NEW claim that call me dave cameron always WANTED brexit to win. I say new claim because previously oor jo claimed that cameron actually wanted the uk to remain in the brussels nightmare.

Watched prime ministers questions today where theresa may absolutely destroyed st jeremy of corbyn.

But anyway this is from the bbc so it MUST be true...........

"The proprietor of the Daily Mail told its editor that David Cameron pressed for him to be sacked during the EU referendum, BBC Newsnight has learned.

Lord Rothermere told Paul Dacre the prime minister urged him to rein in his pro-Brexit editor, then suggested he sack him, a source told the BBC.

The Mail mounted a vociferous campaign for Brexit in the run up to the vote. A spokesman for Mr Cameron said he "did not believe he could determine who edits the Daily Mail".

The disclosure casts fresh light on one of the most bitter personal enmities of the Brexit campaign.

Newsnight understands the prime minister personally tried to persuade Mr Dacre to "cut him some slack" in a private meeting in his No 10 Downing Street flat on 2 February, the day European Council President Donald Tusk unveiled details of the deal negotiated by Mr Cameron for the UK.

Mr Dacre told Mr Cameron he would not temper his editorial line on Brexit because he had been a committed Eurosceptic for more than 25 years and believed his readers were too.

In early March, Mr Dacre was told by a Westminster source that the prime minister had tried to persuade Lord Rothermere, a strong supporter of the UK remaining in the EU, to sack him."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38816692

You bet on the wrong horse AGAIN oor jo
 Jo van
Msg: 305
Brexit
Posted: 2/1/2017 3:00:42 PM

You bet on the wrong horse AGAIN or jo

I didn't bet on any horses vlad.
I wanted to remain, I've never made that a secret.
And I would have like to have seen it become even more "federal".

-But that goes against the current fashion for "identity politics", and "nationalism".
I just don't see "customs", and "traditions", and all that shit, as "sacred".
-Just as "conservative"

You're not trying to tell me you're surprised that Cameraman was running around trying to swing the vote to remain, are you Vlad?
It was supposed to be a 'token', to appease the half of his party who kept bleating on about it, and their 'spin-off', UKIP, who were winning support.
It wasn't supposed to end in brexit.
He was shitting himself.
Hence his immediate resignation.

Next, you'll be trying to tell me that Paul Dacre and LORD Rothermere are "anti-establishment" too.
I think not.
The Daily Wail is the establishment wing of the 'alt-right'.

Now May's shitting herself, because she'll be in the hot-seat, when the effects begin.
And they won't be able to blame it all on labour's spending.

I feel sorry for the next generation, my kids, and their kids.
We all grew up in relative stability.
We're leaving them a very uncertain future.
But then, I don't dislike "foreigners".
- We're all foreigners, when we're somewhere else.

I feel we're going in reverse. Back to "racial" and "tribal" and "national" divisions.
Those of us with an interest in history, know where that usually leads.
JMO
 vlad dracul
Msg: 306
view profile
History
Brexit
Posted: 2/2/2017 4:38:23 AM
Oor jo
"I wanted to remain, I've never made that a secret.
And I would have like to have seen it become even more "federal"."

And i have never made any secret that i wanted brexit. The biggest ever vote in uk history came out on the side of brexit. Thats just a fact........

"-But that goes against the current fashion for "identity politics", and "nationalism". I just don't see "customs", and "traditions", and all that shit, as "sacred". -Just as "conservative"

Yes but that is just YOUR opinion. Unfortunately for you and the remain camp that is not everyones ideals........

"You're not trying to tell me you're surprised that Cameraman was running around trying to swing the vote to remain, are you Vlad? It was supposed to be a 'token', to appease the half of his party who kept bleating on about it, and their 'spin-off', UKIP, who were winning support."

I know what call me dave did. He done the exact same on the indie referendum. And he called it wrong. He thought milliband would win the election. He never in a million years thought scotland would reject labour en masse. His fear of ukip was unfounded. Labour have more to fear from ukip as far as i can see..........

"It wasn't supposed to end in brexit. He was shitting himself. Hence his immediate resignation."

No it wasnt meant to end in brexit. But like people in scotland punished labour for holding hands with the tories over the indie ref so the folk in wales and middle and northern englandshire punished those remainers who were not interested what folk thought about the eu...........

"Next, you'll be trying to tell me that Paul Dacre and LORD Rothermere are "anti-establishment" too. I think not.
The Daily Wail is the establishment wing of the 'alt-right'."

I'll take that as a tongue in cheek comment. I may not be too bright but I'm no THAT stupid either........

"Now May's shitting herself, because she'll be in the hot-seat, when the effects begin. And they won't be able to blame it all on labour's spending."

She might well be. Only time will tell............

"I feel sorry for the next generation, my kids, and their kids. We all grew up in relative stability. We're leaving them a very uncertain future. But then, I don't dislike "foreigners". - We're all foreigners, when we're somewhere else."

Maybe the next generation should have got of their arses and voted then eh? A very uncertain future? True. But if you were happy with the way things were with globalisation and undemocratic brussels then i think you were wrong. Very wrong. I don't dislike foreigners. I dislike the globalisation that drives down wages and eventually leads to work going to nations where workers have no fvckin rights whatsoever. Maybe the eu will look after them though eh?............

"I feel we're going in reverse. Back to "racial" and "tribal" and "national" divisions. Those of us with an interest in history, know where that usually leads."

They have never went away. I have an interest in history. We have been involved in many wars as part of the eu nightmare. I'm sure the serbs will back up that claim. I would want us to leave nato and let nations who are at each others throats to get on with it.

Obama involved himself twice. In the indie ref and the brexit ref. So some of us find it very amusing that the shermans never did what they were told and voted president the donald.

I'm sure it was a geezer from the front national who was quoted after president the donald was elected. He said something along the lines of 'today their world is crumbling and ours is beginning.

Folk better get used to it.
 Jo van
Msg: 307
Brexit
Posted: 2/2/2017 1:13:06 PM

And i have never made any secret that i wanted brexit. The biggest ever vote in uk history came out on the side of brexit. Thats just a fact........
It was 48% to 52%
That's hardly conclusive.

-But that goes against the current fashion for "identity politics", and "nationalism". I just don't see "customs", and "traditions", and all that shit, as "sacred". -Just as "conservative"

Yes but that is just YOUR opinion. Unfortunately for you and the remain camp that is not everyones ideals........

It IS my opinion, true, but it's based on facts.
-Not on sociological emotional 'blackmail'.

Identity politics and nationalism are based on myths.
There is no scientific validity for the fictitious divisions peddled by the right-whingers.
Especially not the ones based on "race" and "religions".

They appeal to "loyalty" and "patriotism",
but all I hear is the same kind of "feigned alarm calls", which our simian cousins also employ, when they shriek them, for similar reasons of "social elevation of status".
This really is some primitive shit Vlad.

The un-chosen, random circumstances of a person's birth gains no obligation of any sort of "loyalty" from me, I'm afraid.
Would you be prepared to die, for ANY of your neighbours, just by virtue of their nationality?
I wouldn't. It seems a ridiculous notion to me.

-Oh, I'm "loyal", to friends and family, in times of need etc.
-But that loyalty has to be earned. - You don't get it, just by waving a passport.
Maybe I lack the "tribal gene"
Marilyn says I have the "evil gene".
-But then, she doesn't seem to know much about genes. -Or anything else.

But if you were happy with the way things were with globalisation and undemocratic brussels then i think you were wrong. Very wrong. I don't dislike foreigners. I dislike the globalisation that drives down wages and eventually leads to work going to nations where workers have no fvckin rights whatsoever. Maybe the eu will look after them though eh?............

Of course I wasn't happy.
-But globalisation had/has nothing to do with the EU.
People like Dyson, who was a great champion of Brexit, closed his factories here, and moved production to Malaysia.
Trump talks about protectionism, but also "invested" billions outside America, because the returns were better.

Wages have been falling, ever since the same right-wingers who now beat the "patriotic drum", smashed the unions, and persuaded the working classes that unions were "subversive", and "too powerful"
The conservatives still manipulate public opinion in that way, whenever there's a strike.

But if they give you someone else to blame , and hate, you wont hate the people who actually did it, and are still doing it.
That's what I see going on.
The cause of your (or anyone else's ) poverty is not other poor people.
It's that simple IMO.

They have never went away. I have an interest in history. We have been involved in many wars as part of the eu nightmare. I'm sure the serbs will back up that claim. I would want us to leave nato and let nations who are at each others throats to get on with it.

That's all well and good, until someone's at your metaphorical (or maybe literal?) "throat".
NATO was formed to prevent that from happening, because we "let them get on with it", when Hitler took "Sudetenland" from the Czechs. -And by the time he got to Poland, it was too late.

The "serbs" are a classic example of the kind of "tribal" fvckwittery, to which I object.
Fictitious "religions", and fictitious "ethnicities".
Stirred up by the "holy men", and citing "desecration of sacred sites" as a "just cause" for murder and massacre.
And then we cry... again.
And then we bury our dead..... again.

Maybe it's time to try a different approach?
Just sayin..

He said something along the lines of 'today their world is crumbling and ours is beginning.

Folk better get used to it..

There's really only one world Vlad,
and if it crumbles, we ALL feel it, we all have to live in it.

Trump's a billionaire.
He got that way, by making many, many people a little bit poorer.

The only way we improved our lot (working people), was when many people stood together, and we had strong unions.
In the 1970s, the average FTSE CEO's wage was about 40 times his worker's.
Today, it's about 400 times.
You do the maths, as they say...
JMO
 Tomfiend
Msg: 308
Brexit
Posted: 2/2/2017 4:43:33 PM
One problem you have Jovan, among many, is you are a crazy fuk. You repeat yourself adnauseam but still don't get that just like you have an evil gene, most people have a tribal gene, which makes perfect sense, since people have had to rely on their tribes for protection and defense from other tribes since the beginning of time. Some scientists even believe there is a god gene. Makes sense since people all over the world seem to worship God in similar fashions. Imagine that. And you also have an antisemitic gene and a lying gene...like Cotter...or maybe it's part of that evil, german gene
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 309
Brexit
Posted: 2/2/2017 5:43:47 PM
^

you have an evil gene,

I'll ask you again
show me at least a modicum of evidence for the existence of this gene

and as I previously said

Is it anything like the mysterious "evil Gene" of the Brits; French and Spaniards.....who for centuries each combined for the largest Criminal Empire the world has probably known in modern times (plundering gold, resources, land, slaves, mass murders which may have totalled well over 200 million of indigents in multiple continents spanning over 3 centuries).

Or is it anything like the genetics of certain pple who wish DEATH, and harm unto others.

Is there also a leftist-trash gene?
 Tomfiend
Msg: 310
Brexit
Posted: 2/2/2017 6:34:36 PM
No, the German evil gene is in a class of its own. The expression and manifestations of that is the creator of antisemitic trash like cotter and jovan, their evil evidenced by their mocking of the holocaust as in the pence trump thread. Open your eyes.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 311
view profile
History
Brexit
Posted: 2/3/2017 2:23:10 AM
Oor jo
"They appeal to "loyalty" and "patriotism", but all I hear is the same kind of "feigned alarm calls", which our simian cousins also employ, when they shriek them, for similar reasons of "social elevation of status". This really is some primitive shit Vlad."

Is it because of YOUR beliefs that you are unable to get around the fact that others may think different from you?

YOU call it 'primitive shit' others don't. Whether YOU believe that race, religion, culture, nation and patriotism are redundant things it is not how others think. The political party YOU support use race, religion, culture, nation and patriotism when it suits them and YOU happily follow along.

I never see you showing your disdain at opportunist politicians of the party YOU support. When the uk forums used to have some life in them i never recall you having a pop at anyone who mentioned the uk as 'multi cultural'........

"The un-chosen, random circumstances of a person's birth gains no obligation of any sort of "loyalty" from me, I'm afraid. Would you be prepared to die, for ANY of your neighbours, just by virtue of their nationality? I wouldn't. It seems a ridiculous notion to me."

If Scotland was threatened or even worse Edinburgh or even worser than that Hibernian Football Club then yep i would fight to protect my family, friends, fellow Hibbies and my neighbours. YOU wouldn't, thats YOUR choice....

"-Oh, I'm "loyal", to friends and family, in times of need etc. -But that loyalty has to be earned. - You don't get it, just by waving a passport. Maybe I lack the "tribal gene"

That goes back to what i said before. I love Scotland. I love Edinburgh. I love Hibernian Football Club. I have the 'tribal gene'. My family (some of them) and friends will always be first. But if you want to remain insular in your own world then hey fill your boots.

But your loyalty to the labour party makes me chuckle. Anything labour may have done in the past to earn respect is now a non starter. They have/still/always will embrace the things you do not recognise. Not because they believe in those things obviously but because they just want your vote.

In that though they behave like every other political party. But how you can show loyalty to that duplicious lying racist hypocrite abbott is beyond me. For any non uk folk abott is described as a 'socialist firebrand' lol she is a racist and sends her bairns half way over london to a nice 'exclusive' school.

There is a video link in the article below where andrew neill wishes her a speedy recovery from her 'migraine'.......

"Andrew Neil mercilessly ridicules 'bottler' Diane Abbott after she skipped Brexit vote

ANDREW NEIL tore into Diane Abbott and offered his sarcastic concerns after she came down with a case of "Brexit flu" and missed the historic vote on Article 50 this week."
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/762587/Andrew-Neil-Diane-Abbott-Brexit

P.s
"That's all well and good, until someone's at your metaphorical (or maybe literal?) "throat".
NATO was formed to prevent that from happening, because we "let them get on with it", when Hitler took "Sudetenland" from the Czechs. -And by the time he got to Poland, it was too late."

So you now support nations banding together and battering smaller nations? Is nato not made up of western nations who identify as christians and who fly flags in patriotic displays?
 Jo van
Msg: 312
Brexit
Posted: 2/3/2017 4:42:14 AM

Is it because of YOUR beliefs that you are unable to get around the fact that others may think different from you?

Oh, I'm well aware that my views are in the minority, and that the vast majority are still "tribal".
I just like to try and make people think about these things, and exactly why people should feel they have an obligation to fight ]b]only for people who are the same shade, the same religion, or happen to live in the same place.

Perhaps I think too much, but it seems illogical to me.
-And at it's most extreme manifestations, it leads to "suicide bombers".

I never see you showing your disdain at opportunist politicians of the party YOU support. When the uk forums used to have some life in them i never recall you having a pop at anyone who mentioned the uk as 'multi cultural'........

Then you weren't paying attention.
I had my entire posting history deleted, twice!!

I'll give you the standard lines, which I gave them:
1/. Define "culture".
There are many "cultures" within any alleged "culture", Goths, Skinheads, mods, heavy-metal, chess clubs, country and western clubs, bell-ringers, botanists, lepidopterists, stamp collectors.... I could go on.
Almost any interest or hobby has it's own "culture", or "sub-culture", which the majority of people don't embrace.
(Including your own 'sub-culture', which the majority would like to see you imprisoned for, for partaking in.)

2/. Culture changes, over time.
Eg., Information Technology has changed the way we communicate, and is now part of the "culture".
Tea, coffee, christmas trees, "christianity", fish and chips.....
Almost every aspect of what you now consider "defining aspects" of "British culture", including our language, came from somewhere else first.

Cultures 'bump-into' each other.
We take what we like, from other cultures, it was ever thus.
Rock'n'Roll, The Blues, Denim, tomatoes, potatoes, pasta, hamburgers, curries, stir-fries...
"Culture" is a very difficult thing to pin-down, or define.

So, to me, whenever I hear any rabid, "tribal", right-wing xenophobes/"racists", complaining about the alleged "multi-kulti hell",
I just think they haven't really thought it through properly.

If we hadn't embraced other cultures, we'd all still be living in mud huts, shagging our sisters, and eating turnips.

So you now support nations banding together and battering smaller nations?

Like we did to Hitler?
Did you agree with that?

Is nato not made up of western nations who identify as christians and who fly flags in patriotic displays?

It was formed in 1949 as a form of 'collective defence', on the basis that if any one member is attacked, they will all defend.
And yes, "christians", and flags. It's all BS., of course, IMO.,
But I'm trying to make people question that.
"Christians" (and other religions) "preach" what I'm saying, but then do the exact opposite.
There's been no peace in the ME., since the religions were invented.
Their "God" says it's ok to kill people, if they don't believe.
They've been doing that, ever since.

To me, people are just people.
The "cultures" wash right off.
Information, and education are the 'keys'.
I live in hope.
Gotta run
 Maleman999
Msg: 313
Brexit
Posted: 2/3/2017 9:40:50 AM

Their "God" says it's ok to kill people, if they don't believe.

I'm not a religious person and I'm not familiar with the teachings of all of the various religions, but I haven't heard of any specific holy book that says that it's OK to slaughter people if they don't believe in the same holy book. The thought of killing people who don't believe is more of a man made rule (IMO) made by power hungry men way back when, along with the sheeple effect, where people want to be told what to believe in, and want to be told that there is more to life than just the time spent on Earth in a human body.

The problem I have with most religions is the hypocrisy of ignoring rules of whatever holy book is being used when there are violations of the teachings. Why haven't there been marches and protests equivalent to the size of the recent women's march in DC, led by religious leaders when a country invades another country and starts slaughtering people like swatting flies? The rule of not killing people (Thou shall not kill, or whatever variation of it) should apply in all circumstances if the religion is to be taken seriously. But religious leaders pretend the killings are somehow OK if a country's leader says it's OK, and the followers go along with it. Either follow the rules of the holy book of your choice, or stop claiming to be religious. Having a bible in one hand and a gun in the other hand does not mix well.
 _babblefish
Msg: 314
Brexit
Posted: 2/3/2017 9:45:08 AM
i brought up social engineering in another thread. .

Religion is mass social engineering, because there is no patch for human stupidity
 vlad dracul
Msg: 315
view profile
History
Brexit
Posted: 2/3/2017 10:54:49 AM
And here, once again, we see the eu in all it's glory. Not content with grinding greek workers into the ground and turning the screw the threat of 'further austerity' is being threatened.

The leftist government of syriza are threatening to go it alone with a grexit.

Has no one told the greeks that the eu is their friend? That the eu 'protects workers rights'? That life is indeed rosy under the eu? That the greeks pensions which have been reduced 12 times since they first felt the wrath of unelected IMF, Central Bank and the eu rodents is a good thing?

Perhaps some pro eu poster could shed some light onto why the greeks remaining in the eu is a good thing?

Germanys finance minister throwing threats out to appease voters who may vote for the afd party. Good old eu.

Leftist mp's saying 'greece is a hostage to germany'

C'mon oor jo lets see what you would advise the leftist greek government to do............

"Grexit? Greece again on the brink as debt crisis threatens break with EU

“I am very worried we are heading towards a rupture with the EU,” said Pantelis Kapsis, a prominent political commentator. “There are lots of signs that at the back of their minds people in Syriza [the ruling leftist party] are entertaining various ideas of going it alone. What is sure is that we are entering a very difficult period which quite possibly could lead us to a point of no return.”

As always, time is of the essence. Shored up by a third EU-led bailout, Athens was told this week that further rescue funds would not be forthcoming until it concluded a compliance review of terms attached to the €86bn (£74bn) aid package. In July Greece faces debt repayments of €7.4bn, raising the spectre of default because state coffers by then will have run dry.

The impasse has turned into a standoff as creditors demand additional austerity once the current bailout expires.

Without further reduction of pensions – already cut 12 times since the crisis began – and the tax-free threshold of personal incomes, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) argues, the debt-stricken country will never be able to achieve its agreed fiscal goal of a primary surplus of 3.5% of GDP from 2018."

Ahead of Germany’s general election in September, Berlin’s finance minister Wolfgang Schäuble has also raised the stakes with growing criticism of Greece – a tactic that has proved popular with voters who might otherwise support Germany’s far-right AfD party."

“Grexit is not our agenda, it is the agenda of those who want the breakup of Europe,” said Sia Anagnostopoulou, a leading Syriza MP and former alternate European affairs minister. “It is what Mr Schäuble wants,” she added, echoing the commonly held view that Athens is hostage to Germany.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/03/grexit-greece-debt-crisis-eu-germany-us
 deetristate
Msg: 316
Brexit
Posted: 2/3/2017 1:29:44 PM
Can you say that it all comes down to money?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 317
view profile
History
Brexit
Posted: 2/16/2017 7:35:26 AM
Ah oor jo. Now i know the post about the situation in greece is a bit uncomfortable for you as it's a left wing government who are against the eu and against the eu crushing greek workes.

Especially after you claiming the eu was fantastic and workers in the eu were looked after better than the queens corgis.

But of course your claims are in fact bollocks. This was in the edinburgh evening news today............

"A total of 360 businesses were included on the list, the longest of its kind to have been published by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.

Overall the list found some 15,520 staff members across the UK had been underpaid a total of £995,233, with employers in the hairdressing, hospitality and retail sectors the most prolific offenders."

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/edinburgh-businesses-named-and-shamed-for-underpaying-workers-1-4368016

But i thought the eu protected workers rights? Seems like it is a uk government agency who looked after these workers.

So WHEN exactly WAS the eu going to fight and protect THOSE workers rights?

This was also quite interesting. John mcdonnell of YOUR labour party saying that folk like YOU were the lackeys of corporate elites. What think ye of that then?

Sacre bleu gott in himmel.........

"Labour today promised to get behind Britain's exit from the European Union, saying they now believed Brexit is an enormous opportunity for the country.

Shadow chancellor John McDonnell said that Labour would not seek to prevent or delay Brexit, labeling those trying to do so as being "on the side of certain corporate elites".

He told a meeting in central London that Labour "must not try to re-fight the referendum or push for a second vote,"

"If Article 50 needs to be triggered in Parliament, Labour will not seek to block or delay it," he said."
http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2016/11/15/john-mcdonnell-backs-brexit-enormous-opportunity-britain
 LOLTrump
Msg: 318
Brexit
Posted: 5/8/2017 8:30:14 PM
Brexit now:

https://i.redd.it/57njs3vun9wy.png
 congupnaroad
Msg: 319
view profile
History
Brexit
Posted: 5/23/2017 6:17:29 AM
Jovan

vvvvvvvvvv

Then you weren't paying attention.
I had my entire posting history deleted, twice!!

How come they flushed your posting history down the dunny?
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 320
Brexit
Posted: 6/11/2017 6:41:44 PM
I won't talk American politics, because you can't have a discussion with crazy or evil people. And that's pretty much every Trump apologist.

But UK politics have gotten really interesting.

Theresa May is negotiating with actual terrorists for their support in Parliament, with their ten seats. Meanwhile Ruth Davidson's Scottish Tories bucked the trend and won twelve seats there. From what I gather is Ms Davidson's personal popularity. Now the Scottish Tories don't want a hard break and she is threatening to take her members out of the Conservative caucus. So Theresa May would gain ten and lose twelve.

I think that Brexit might not be a done deal after all.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 321
view profile
History
Brexit
Posted: 6/11/2017 11:35:07 PM
Half
Things are VERY interesting. The tories lost seats in englandshire they had held since the war.
Teresa may will be gone soon. The knives are out for her. I see no one who can take the pm job over and to be seen as dynamic.

This link to the dup is going to be one to watch as well. The dup will demand a high price for their support.

Jeremy corbyn surpassed all expectations. They mobilised the students to get out of their beds and go and vote. But he has some folk in his shadow cabinet who treat voters with sheer contempt. Shadow chancellor john mcdonnel recently addressed a meeting of stalinists.

Corbyns closest advisor seamus milne is a multi millionaire avowed stalinist. Emily thorberry was made to apologise for sneering at 'white van man'.

And the icing on the cake is dianne abbot. Shadow home secretary. Responsible for law and order. She recently wanted all surveillance of suspected terrorists halted. She also wanted the dna date base destroyed. She is also a racist and arch hypocrite.

Abbot shouts loud about brexit voters being racist to east europeans. Yet not to long ago a hospital in london hired around 70 nurses from finland. The very same abbot got them sent back to finland because they were 'too blonde haird, blue eyed and had probably never seen a black person'.

And now Scotland. It was a bad night for the snp. Pauline disagrees with me but i think to much was made of indy ref 2. In some seats i think voters who were labour before and who had abandoned them for the snp after the last indie ref because they held hands with the tories went back to labour again.

The tories done well. They had their best night in Scotland for years. The hoovered up the unionist vote and done well up north with pro brexit voters. We have a sectarian problem here where the orange order lean towards the tories and anyone who loves the royal family do not want the break up of the uk.

Ruth davidson is between a rock and a hard place. She is a lesbian. The dup's views on homosexuality will cause her no end of problems.

And as for brexit i think we are going to see the will of 17.4 million voters betrayed. The eu are already offering the government 'more time' to prepare for brexit. The somewheres are being treated with contempt AGAIN by the anywheres. If and i think it will happen that brexit does not happen i will never vote again. Whats the point?

"Somewheres V Anywheres

The EU referendum vote was the biggest democratic rebellion in modern British history. It was also the biggest defeat for the broadly liberal, outward-looking “cognitive elites” (cleverer, better-educated folk) who have dominated politics since the 1960s. Understanding Brexit, explaining it – and trying to chart ways forward after it – have become some of the highest duties for serious commentators.

"Goodhart renames the new tribes the “Anywheres” (roughly 20 to 25 per cent of the population) and the “Somewheres” (about half), with the rest in between. And it broadly works.

Those who see the world from anywhere are, he points out, the ones who dominate our culture and society, doing well at school and moving to a residential university, and then into a professional career, often in London or abroad.

“Such people have portable ‘achieved’ identities,” he says, “based on educational and career success which makes them . . . comfortable and confident with new places and people.”

The rebels are those more rooted in geographical identity – the Scottish farmer, working-class Geordie, Cornish housewife – who find the rapid changes of the modern world unsettling.

They are likely to be older and less well educated. “They have lost economically with the decline of well-paid jobs for people without qualifications and culturally, too, with the disappearance of a distinct working-class culture and the marginalisation of their views in the public conversation,”.
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2017/03/anywheres-vs-somewheres-split-made-brexit-inevitable
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 322
Brexit
Posted: 6/12/2017 6:42:25 AM
^

And as for brexit i think we are going to see the will of 17.4 million voters betrayed.

Betrayed?
You think so Gadgie!
Who do you think voted this time around...was it ghosts who cast a ballot...or maybe illegal immigrants set up by the "shadow" leaders, eh!

Did you think that the decent reasonable folks would stay at home like they did for the Brexit vote again?

Smug and arrogant, May thought she had it in the bag (reminds me of Hillary)...but the voters felt otherwise

The eu are already offering the government 'more time' to prepare for brexit.

then WTF are you worried about?...Article 50 has been triggered, there is no going back!

The somewheres are being treated with contempt AGAIN by the anywheres.

get sober geezer
Its funny how yous didn't complain when the voting outcome went in your favor....now its the Blame-game yee is playing!

“Anywheres” (roughly 20 to 25 per cent of the population) and the “Somewheres” (about half),

about 1/2, yee says?
Then were were they when the polls opened...were they still hung over?

Those who see the world from anywhere are, he points out, the ones who dominate our culture and society, doing well at school and moving to a residential university, and then into a professional career,

Wow, whatta a crime ^ this be, mate!............I'm sure it doesn't happen anywhere else in the world except in the UK!

....who find the rapid changes of the modern world unsettling.

Ohhh, Now I see, mate!
You mean kinda like thems poor folks in Africa, Asia....who saw rapid changes happening to them when the Brits (and other Euros) came to take over their lands & culture

Oh that poor displaced Cornish housewife....thems poor incapacitated Scottish sheep farmers...I can't hold back my tears geezer, lets all take up a collection!

Hey wait...maybe Donald Trump can give these poor folk a job at the new Golf courses he is building up in Scotland and England
 vlad dracul
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Brexit
Posted: 6/12/2017 8:05:05 AM
Yule
"Betrayed? You think so Gadgie! Who do you think voted this time around*...was it ghosts who cast a ballot...or maybe illegal immigrants set up by the "shadow" leaders, eh! Did you think that the decent reasonable folks would stay at home like they did for the Brexit vote again?

Smug and arrogant, May thought she had it in the bag (reminds me of Hillary)...but the voters felt otherwise"

No they never. 17.4 million never voted for brexit again. That was a general election. And unfortunately the torys were still way out in front. Here maybe they could claim the 'popular' vote like hillary done?.........

"Whatever happened to that annoying little thing called democracy? On a 72 per cent turnout, 17,410,742 people voted Leave — the biggest vote in British history for anything."
http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/harry-mount-no-going-back-on-brexit-the-biggest-british-vote-in-history-for-anything-a3281496.html

NOTE TO YULE. THE BIGGEST VOTE IN BRITISH HISTORY. EVER.......

"then WTF are you worried about?...Article 50 has been triggered, there is no going back!"

Aye your right enough mate..........

"get sober geezer Its funny how yous didn't complain when the voting outcome went in your favor....now its the Blame-game yee**sw is playing!"

Why would brexit folk complain? Now we shall see if the democratic decision made by citizens is up held. (You worried about my drinking mate?)........

"about 1/2, yee says? Then were were they when the polls opened...were they still hung over?"

What are you slavering about? What polls? The general election? Whats that got to do with the brexit vote?.....

"Wow, whatta a crime ^ this be, mate!............I'm sure it doesn't happen anywhere else in the world except in the UK!"

I couldnt really give a fvck about the rest of the world to be honest. What they do is their business no mine....

"Ohhh, Now I see, mate! You mean kinda like thems poor folks in Africa, Asia....who saw rapid changes happening to them when the Brits (and other Euros) came to take over their lands & culture"

No i meant your poor folks in shermanland who cannot accept the new presidential sheriff in town.........

"Hey wait...maybe Donald Trump can give these poor folk a job at the new Golf courses he is building up in Scotland and England"

Fair play if he does. Work is always a way to help citizens get by.........

*Probably a lot of folk who voted in the referendum i would imagine.
**Yee eh? Here you making up words now gadgie?

Vvvvv
Frankie boy.
Do you actually KNOW anything about politics in europe? Did bill clintons pal not get jailed for beasting young lassies a wee while ago? Maybe thats why folk wanted nothing to do with a clinton?
 LOLTrump
Msg: 324
Brexit
Posted: 6/12/2017 8:12:25 AM

Smug and arrogant, May thought she had it in the bag (reminds me of Hillary)...but the voters felt otherwise"

The fumiest part was the fact that it was tRump that sunk her, just like he did with Le Pen.

The world see what he is doing the USA and they want no part of anyone who agrees with him.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Brexit
Posted: 6/12/2017 9:31:24 AM
Half
"Theresa May is negotiating with actual terrorists for their support in Parliament, with their ten seats. Meanwhile Ruth Davidson's Scottish Tories bucked the trend and won twelve seats there. From what I gather is Ms Davidson's personal popularity. Now the Scottish Tories don't want a hard break and she is threatening to take her members out of the Conservative caucus. So Theresa May would gain ten and lose twelve."

Oh dear. This is fantastic. Talking heads have been 'outraged'. Especially those in the labour party. They were not 'outraged' that much when THEY wanted the dup on side......

"LABOUR sought support from the DUP in a bid to form a government following the Westminster election in 2010.
Newly released emails to Hillary Clinton when she was US secretary of state show the Labour Party tried to win support from the Democratic Unionists.

In a previously confidential briefing paper, US officials said then Labour leader Gordon Brown "is doing whatever he can to hold on to power".
In later emails Ms Clinton was repeatedly warned by a key confidant that the coalition would rapidly fall apart in the wake of the general election.

The correspondence shows she responded enthusiastically, saying she had shared the emails with her husband, Bill – the former president – who thought they were "brilliant", adding: "Keep 'em coming when you can."
http://www.irishnews.com/news/2015/09/02/news/hillary-clinton-emails-labour-sought-dup-election-pact-248

"LABOUR REPEATEDLY TRIED TO DO DEALS WITH THE DUP
Labour have boarded the outrage bus over the Tories doing a deal with the “bigots and terrorist-sympathisers” in the DUP. They have some nerve…

In 2010 Labour tried to do a deal with the DUP. Gordon Brown wrote a letter to the DUP leader trying to buy his support. The then Northern Ireland Secretary Shawn Woodward worked on an “economic package” to secure DUP support.

This morning Alastair Campbell said a deal with the DUP could undermine the peace process. On May 7, 2010, Campbell sat in a meeting where a Labour-DUP deal was proposed. Glorious hypocrisy from Bad Al…

Ed Miliband last night blasted the Tory-DUP deal as a “coalition of chaos”. Yvette Cooper this morning says it is “troubling“.

Owen Jones says: “If Labour had ever done a deal with the DUP I would have been out there protesting it”. According to the DUP’s Ian Paisley Jr, Miliband’s Labour also tried to do a deal with the DUP in 2015:"
https://order-order.com/2017/06/11/labour-repeatedly-tried-to-do-deals-with-the-dup/

Ps
Here is the email
https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexTheGuiri/status/873802520682008576
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Brexit