Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Something more than HI, you're cute      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JujuO12
Msg: 76
Something more than HI, you're cutePage 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Lil I dont date black men. HAVENT snce my 20's. Wow. That has been a while. ONLINE DATING seems to make them assume I do even thought I put it on my profile and THE previous profile had it also. THE picture you thought was blurry INCITED a man I wanted to contact put me on his FAVORITES LIST... SO you will excuse me if he THOUGH HE LIKED THE PICTURE ENOUGH to favor me. NO he wasnt black or THUGGISH or low quality. HE is my type. I wrote the ORIGINAL post BECAUSE I finally worked up the nerve to send him a email AND your hateful comments suggest I SHOULD do things like you. SHOW my dirty feet. WEAR my collars right below my ears. WRITE something about how I want to change into who they want me to be.

YOU attacked me. I just let you know THOSE POOR QUALITY MEN YOU talk about look just like the man you are standing next too. Shade for shade. I dont care what you or your hens have to say from this point forward. I think there are a lot of unhappy lonely people trolling the site. I personally would like to meet someone and NEVER show up on here again. BUT I guess others are so truly happy they cant leave the dating site.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 77
Something more than HI, you're cute
Posted: 2/26/2016 6:03:50 AM
Gnarls Barkley taking about this thread?

Maybe I'm crazy
Maybe you're crazy
Maybe we're crazy
Probably!

LOL ask for a rich tall white guy with a big schlong who adores soft bouncy teats.. ?
 JujuO12
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/26/2016 6:07:44 AM
AND for me to respond to the petty hateful mean girls and their weak hateful men is MY WRONG you are right. I KNOW from this point forward that the forum is a big internet high school for the elderly. Point made. I just sent the best email I could.... HOPEFULLY he will response.
 showboatsupreme
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/26/2016 6:11:23 AM

When he past away she was well taken care and NEVER even dated another man.

So man's only use is to help you work less.

The apple didn't fall far from the tree...

MY second ex husband. He was over 6 feet tall. He had a masters degree in accounting and was a VP for a international accounting firm.

I have gone out with FOOTBALL players.... PROFESSIONAL. I have gone out with Presidents of major corporations and A guy with a bay watch ex wife. NOW he was fun.
NOW I am seeking it ALL.... ALL

I just love it when someone flaunts the big fish they've caught. Like, how did that work out for you again?

Sounds like you're one of those wow me girls seeking the Eat, Prey, Love experience.

ME, ME, ME!!!!
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2016 6:20:44 AM
Oh, OP.

Interesting new pictures - and captions.

Here's my last piece of advice: "Bad things happen if you forget to take your medication!"
 dragonbytes
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2016 6:30:30 AM

Lil I dont date black men. HAVENT snce my 20's. Wow. That has been a while. ONLINE DATING seems to make them assume I do even thought I put it on my profile and THE previous profile had it also. THE picture you thought was blurry INCITED a man I wanted to contact put me on his FAVORITES LIST... SO you will excuse me if he THOUGH HE LIKED THE PICTURE ENOUGH to favor me. NO he wasnt black or THUGGISH or low quality.

So do you know why you automatically associate black men with low quality and thuggish?

Since you have fair amount of African dna, does this affect your own self image?

I am just curious about it, many have a ethnic preference, but you are quite adamant and this and it dominates your dating life and I expect also your life outside of dating.

BTW, if you are using this profile to contact dates, I expect he is going to really wonder what the heck is going on.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/26/2016 7:34:03 AM
WOW!
As so many on here who start a thread and ask a question and then get all pissy when they get answers.
Always boggles my mind....How they lose it and their 'true' personality comes out.
Makes me wonder if they can't take any suggestions and interpret things so wrong.....how do they deal in real life?
If you like your pictures and your profile content and don't want to change....then just keep on keeping on!
Don't waste peoples time and energy trying to help you out.
Jaysus!!!!

Edit to below...Hi back WMB...I think we're all addicted to the crazy, that's why we come back..lol.
Correction****....Lack of Life Enhancing Experiences...nice way to put it. :-)
 sundownertoo
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/26/2016 9:05:13 AM
I find it mildly amusing that the OP is juvenile and egotistical and arrogant enough to post a photo dissing Lil Maureen. OP, are you 15??

Showboat got it right - titties looking for wallet. A white wallet.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2016 9:06:20 AM

NOW I am seeking it ALL.... ALL

Well, good luck with that. You are using a FREE website that allows anyone and everyone in here. Most are not elite CEOs and geniuses and bodybuilders. Most still wear jeans to work or wear name tags.

My initial point about being so 'elite' about your online searches - it doesn't make you better, or more precious, or more 'worthy' than anyone else. Your profile is nothing more than one face in a few million on this site. Nobody knows how many men you've turned down before you decided to reply to a message. Nobody really cares how 'elite' you past dating experiences have been. There is no 'Winner' board in POF for dating champions. All they care about - is how you interact with them. "What have you done for me lately?" isn't just something women get to say.

Being with a person, being in a true relationship - means being flexible and compatible and willing to stay with them through thick and thin. What are proving by preaching 'elite' - it doesn't show that. At all. It shows to most - that you are terrified of anything 'less' than perfect.

There is no 'ALL' out there. There never has been. Making a checklist a mile long, and finding a guy who's done it all - it doesn't mean he has to care about it. He may not even give a damn if you exist. That's reality. Even if you find your 'Christian Grey' - they have issues, too. They ALL have issues. Are you prepared to deal with getting literally beat up every weekend? Every night?

I don't know if you've ever watched the 80s TV show 'Cheers' - but the character of Rebecca Howe was a classic gold digger. All the stuff she did to try to get attention from 'elite' men was comical. Hysterical. In the end, she realized the guy that loved her best - was the best man for her - and he was a plumber.

The lesson you need to learn about relationships is - it's not the 'choosing' of the man that makes him special. It's the choice you BOTH make to work with each other. 'Settling' is not a curse word - it's pretty much the definition of being in love. If you want an 'elite' relationship - it doesn't start by wanting nothing less - it starts by being it on your own - and attitude alone won't cut it.

Most women I know who are wildly successful - are also very humble and down-to-earth. A gal that was the oldest child of a CEO, born with a silver spoon in her mouth and inherited the business, has a gorgeous home and loves to host fabulous parties - still drives her kids to school every day in a minivan, and married a train conductor for Amtrak. They couldn't be happier. The only true price of love is the time you are willing to spend at it.
 2ufo
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/26/2016 9:29:19 AM
Juju....

You are attracting men of a quality that you do not think are 'good enough' to date
because
the profile you wrote about yourself is not 'good enough' to attract those men you seek.
Your profile is juvenile, unedited for spelling, grammar and formatting, badly focused and doesn't delineate what YOU are actually seeking.

Perhaps if you post 'tall, white men only - rich preferred', then you might attract what you are seeking. Men aren't going to know unless you tell them.

Please note: nothing I have written above is about YOU. It is about YOUR PROFILE.

Now, about you...
Calling POF like a 'high school where the ugly girls are mean' reveals a lot about yourself.
Comparing another woman's choice as like the men who contact you (which you imply are NOT the quality of men you would date) is rude.
Trying to take the moral high ground is simply silly.
Saying everyone will join her clique because you're an outsider is childish.

But you can tell yourself I'm just being mean because I'm ugly.
 trinity818
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/26/2016 9:29:36 AM

AND I look like WHOOPEE GOLDBERG IN THAT BLUE SWEATER.

lol. No way. Not in a million years. Not on your worst day.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2016 12:09:32 PM
Well, Op, I think I would be just perfect for you. Too bad you live in another country.

Sigh!
 showboatsupreme
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/26/2016 12:15:01 PM

Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.

Movin on up,
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.

fish don't fry in the kitchen.

beans don't burn on the grill.
Took a whole lotta tryin',
just to get up that hill.

now we're up in the big leagues.
gonna get my turn at bat.
 Chromis1
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2016 3:13:44 PM
Redacted
 JujuO12
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/26/2016 5:20:26 PM
Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.

Movin on up,
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.

fish don't fry in the kitchen.

beans don't burn on the grill.
Took a whole lotta tryin',
just to get up that hill.

now we're up in the big leagues.
gonna get my turn at bat.

THIS IS RACIST. YOU assumed I grew up in the GHETTO? AND if I only date white men then it is because they must have more money? MY EX HUSBAND WHO WORKS FOR NASA is black. Wow Showing your true colors. I grew up in a 4 bedroom home with ONE brother. I never SHARED my room in my life except with my husbands. I attended TEXAS TECH and my mother paid CASH for my education. What a racist hateful way to show who you really are. But I am not surprised since the majority of you will vote for TRUMP... YOU deserve him.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/26/2016 5:27:12 PM
yea, not the bestest choice. Look - I firmly believe Lili wasn't trying to disparage you.
So, quit feeding them stuff they can bounce.. change the captions so it doesn't look like you are sharpening a knife.
Message the Men you are interested in. Breathe
I had to look up the song - never saw the show
 Whisky_River
Msg: 92
Posted: 2/26/2016 5:42:43 PM

I had to look up the song - never saw the show

Really? Loved the show and the song...funny thing is the couple were black and the guy was racist against 'whites'....in
the show he had neighbors that of a mixed marriage...oh boy!
You should google it on youtube...quite funny!
 JujuO12
Msg: 93
Posted: 2/26/2016 5:50:13 PM
I AM SORRY OUIJIA
I believe she was. SHE was trying her best to put me in my place. SHE was trying to be mean. SHE has yet to say I am sorry for my hateful words that had nothing to do with your question. WHICH they had nothing to do with my question..... AND the song was MEANT TO PUT THE LITTLE UPPITY BLACK in her place. AS were the words that started this mess.
 2ufo
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/26/2016 6:05:46 PM
Juju...

Umm, I think the one showing her true colors is yourself.

However, to answer your original question the best I (white, divorced, 57-year-old female) can...

Don't troll men's profiles if you find them attractive... email them!
 LadyInWonderland
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2016 6:14:09 PM

Really? Loved the show and the song...funny thing is the couple were black and the guy was racist against 'whites'....in the show he had neighbors that of a mixed marriage...oh boy!
You should google it on youtube...quite funny!

Oh,I loved that little racist show. It was a spin-off from "All in The Family". The starring couple in the story line didn't move to Manhattan from a "Black Ghetto" they had "escaped" from a White working-class neighborhood and bigot [Archie Bunker] in the NYC outer borough of Queens--that makes it funnier.

The supporting couple was interracial--Black wife, White husband both also living in the luxury high-rise. BTW, Roxie Roker, mother of Lenny Kravitz, played the wife.

I think the affluent interracial couple was the reference being made here on the forum (you know how silly people are) ...but no "ghetto" anywhere.
 JujuO12
Msg: 96
Posted: 2/26/2016 6:22:31 PM
Juju...

Umm, I think the one showing her true colors is yourself.

However, to answer your original question the best I (white, divorced, 57-year-old female) can...

Don't troll men's profiles if you find them attractive... email them!

OK can I get the right words from a man? SINCE I am trying to attracted a man I would think they would know what to say better than a woman... IF I need help with my make ups I will hit up a woman.....If I need help with a man I will hit up a man.
 flaneur001
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2016 6:32:09 PM
JJ DragonBytes (a guy) offered this short and sweet email. post #10

There are so few men on this website that I am attracted to, I just had to write to you when I stumbled upon your profile.

If you feel the same, shoot me a MSG so we can compare notes on our life's journey.

What's your response to his suggestion?
 JujuO12
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/26/2016 6:36:39 PM
[/q]What's your response to his suggestion?

I never answer guys who send notes like this. So I feel it sounds like the emails I get and they are rejected before they are finished being read... IT just comes off as a cut and paste line being sent to every woman they contact.
 JujuO12
Msg: 99
Posted: 2/26/2016 6:44:34 PM
I just wrote this:
I noticed you added me to your favorites list. I am beyond flattered and a little shocked. I would not think I was your type. I am not sure I am much of a tom boy..... But lover of UFC and dogs, and movies.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 100
Posted: 2/26/2016 6:57:25 PM
To be honest , if I find a woman more than a little attractive all she would have to write is " Hi "

However, I PREFER something that tells me WHY she sent me a msg , like something I wrote that resonates with her

Example :

" I love Super Soul Sunday too and am very interested in exploring spiritual ideas like the power of now by eckart tolle" , because that is only too easy to respond to vs the simple " HI " where I'm not sure if she just wants to jump my bones or ????
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Something more than HI, you're cute