Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?Page 2 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)

And, I didn't give in quickly. Not until well into the second month.

If you went into the second month, then it's a Totally different concept than "Average Jane is Pretty Patricia online, has a date with Hot Karl, bangs, and then texts fizzle away and he isn't into her anymore." Just to be clear -- yours is about short-term dating, not banging on a 1st meat. :)

I will say this as a warning though, as a side note: Don't play the "make him work for it" game. It will make a guy focused on sex, especially if you don't do anything more than kissing on the couch "because it'll just lead to sex". Holding it off like it's a shiny new toy will make the guy not size you up on a compatibility scale as potential GF, etc. You'll just be extending a guy who doesn't like to settle down's time with you, is all.

From the warning given, he wasn't a guy who wanted to settle down and give up his vaginal options, at the end of the day. Whether you guys porked right into it, or you porked at the 6 week mark -- it wouldn't have lasted any different length of time. If you never dropped the panties, but you'd stop things at 2nd base at most, it would have lasted a bit longer, but he would have walked at some point. If a guy doesn't want to settle down, he doesn't want to settle down.
 ForeverTexas25
Msg: 27
Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?
Posted: 3/6/2016 2:22:23 AM
I find it interesting that you say you're having trouble meeting younger women on here, do you mind me asking why? Aren't they usually the ones that want to have kids? Anyways, your profile looks good. You're an attractive guy, you want kids of your own, and you don't seem arrogant or anything like that. I would just say maybe add in a whitty comment, or update your pictures (LOVE the one of the cat, haha). Other than that, just be patient and keep trying. I know it's hard not to get discouraged, but keep trying!
 InstructionalProducer
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/6/2016 10:02:36 AM
You say you wish to have a career involving writing, yet your profile resembles someone where English is their second language.

"I am a big movie" lmao!
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2016 8:23:55 AM
Whats odd is that as I get older, I get more and more emails from women even though my profile clearly says I'm taken. I'm averaging 2-3 emails per week despite what I have on my profile, and some from really good looking ladies!! Hard to turn them down.......

Same IRL - I get way more looks and interaction (from ladies my age) when I go to the lounge or even to the local Starbucks than I did when I was younger.

In my experience, there is no doubt that the dating pendulum swings from advantage=women to advantage=men as you get older. OP, give yourself a couple of years....lol.....they will come to you!!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2016 8:53:43 AM

Whats odd is that as I get older, I get more and more emails from women even though my profile clearly says I'm taken.

Aside from an occasional email from a gal who recognizes it but just giving a complimentary shout-out (and not expecting anything) -- I think most don't read it if you're getting 2-3 Every Week.

Best to put "Not Single / Not Looking", if you're not single or not looking. :)

Same IRL - I get way more looks and interaction (from ladies my age) when I go to the lounge or even to the local Starbucks than I did when I was younger.

Some people look better and carry themselves better (more attractive) when they're older. Also, one can be a better fit / more attractive as a person in certain circles than others (high school vs real-world).

In my experience, there is no doubt that the dating pendulum swings from advantage=women to advantage=men as you get older.

Yeah, I would agree at senior status, as the # of Active men drops off compared to women. On here, the ratio goes from about 3:1 in favor of women to about 1:1 when you get in the real old status. But if you're talking about middle-age, I think single women, having gone thru life, divorce, and learned things about it with their kids grown up enough for they themselves to sample the real world -- they're going to be less "high schoolish", which ends up being a breath of fresh air for us guys.

When I was in college I dated some late 30s -to- mid 40s gals. They were more straight-forward and to the point than gals in their late-teens / early 20s that I was continually exposed to... and more straight-forward and to the point than they themselves were when they were that age.

But I will say this: If you're a middle aged guy who kept his sh!t together, didn't fall in looks comparative to age (especially if you went Up) -- you're going to go up in the ranks, because many people are going to slide significantly ("It's not my fault, it's my metabolism!"). Hence, by default, you'll go up in comparative ranks, even by merely not going down in your looks (as many do).
 a_buick_a_dd214_and_a_ba
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/9/2016 10:50:55 PM

My biggest frustration on here and other dating sites, is lack of responses.

That's online dating for you. Too many window shoppers, unrealistic expectation setters, and other minor grades of sociopath.

I have to message 15 women to maybe get one response sometimes, and some of its hard to meet in person because they want to wait a long time before meeting or they can't seem to find time or make up their mind about meeting.

They could also have lack of interest, a busy life, and other things to do beyond play battleship on a website looking for dates.

Even after I change my pic or introductions.

Don't change too much. Be you. I made that mistake once too.

I'm 31, and I notice one thing I'm having trouble with is finding a woman who still wants kids.

Women in our age bracket who are single without kids or with kids are more than likely career-oriented. Respect that, appreciate that, and encourage that. Women I meet seem to be lacking someone to tell them pursuing their dreams is well-worth it!

Unfortunately it's gotten harder to contact younger women and most of the older ones don't want any either because they don't want kids or they had as much as they wanted and don't want anymore.

Set boundaries on age. Boundaries are good to have.

0 But I would still like some on my own, so right now it's a deal breaker.

Team Boundaries! **** yeah!
 Treyseph84
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2016 3:30:17 PM
Negative? What's negative about it?
 Treyseph84
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2016 3:38:27 PM
I didn't say anything about youth or looks.
 Treyseph84
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2016 3:39:33 PM
Ok. Thanks for the advice.
 Treyseph84
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2016 3:58:38 PM
For someone who works as a teacher, shouldn't you be setting a better example for your students by not teasing people about their imperfections online?
 Treyseph84
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2016 4:30:41 PM
Inner Gorilla, I am confused. What about my profile is nagging or negative? I have no idea what you are talking about.
 Treyseph84
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2016 5:17:49 PM
Thanks norweigianguy456.
 Treyseph84
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2016 5:54:27 PM
Yule Liqour-Do you not have anything positive to say? You basically make it sound like I'm a lost cause. If you think liking Spider-Man or Young Frankenstein makes some immature, then I think you are incredibly misinformed and misguided.
 Treyseph84
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2016 5:56:00 PM
The woman is my sister is my sister, and the other is just a writer I met at Washington D.C., but why does that matter?
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/18/2016 7:55:19 PM

I was warned so I knew he has mistreated every other girl,

Should have been a no-brainer, then,

BUT

but "He will be different with me.

As cliched as it gets.

Doesn't that narcissistic statement ever get old?
 no_kids_please
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/18/2016 9:50:13 PM

I'm 31, and I notice one thing I'm having trouble with is finding a woman who still wants kids.

Seriously? ;8-O Send them my way!
 the_Kevlar
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/19/2016 12:45:35 AM
I'd have better luck finding a gf on grindr!!
 Treyseph84
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2016 8:51:32 AM
Seriously what?
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/19/2016 1:51:47 PM

IMHO, the women who want kids, want kids with men that have the resources to be a provider.

Your profile comes across as someone that's just left the nest.

I'm sure as hell glad I wasn't dating in my 20s or 30s when my libido was off the charts.

Jaysus!
 Treyseph84
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2016 2:43:08 PM
Well. Do you have any suggestions?
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/19/2016 2:52:10 PM
Get some nice clothes and hit the clubs.

I think, in general, you're better off meeting someone organically IRL then meeting someone online where everything is simplified to raw terms (i.e. she doesn't like me unless she screws me vs. he's not trying hard enough unless he goes all out courting me).

People shop with preferences and lists online. I've always thought single parents and short men would do better offline IRL.

Sure, people take notes offline too but I think you're off to a better start if a girl gives you her number IRL.

Maybe not much, but more so then with OLD.
 Treyseph84
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2016 8:32:32 AM
Don't you need like a wing-man or friend for clubs? I don't have any that do that anymore. A man going to a club by himself seems weird, at least for where I live at.
 Treyseph84
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2016 2:12:39 PM
Thanks for the advice though.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/23/2016 3:27:44 AM
OP, this might sting a little but remember this is a diagnosis not an insult.

There is a hierarchy among men and you don't rank high enough to attract women online. At this point, you appear to hold the rank of apprentice cuckold. When you gather enough wealth then you will be promoted to full cuckold and women will let you underwrite the children they already have but not have any children with you. Where you are now, you can get poor single mothers to split expenses with you but gratitude and esteem are out of the question.

Can you rise higher into the baby daddy category? Who knows? Unlike the various grades of cuckold, the father ranks require intangible things other than wealth. You may have them or you may not. You don't tell us.

You really shouldn't be frustrated by not getting responses. You don't meet criteria any more than your toaster oven. You can't expect any. You are a religious man, think of it like this: God sent you into this world to use your hands and your head. He has no plans for you to use your penis for anything. If he did then women would be no problem for you. You have seen how it goes... some guys think they are God's gift to women... and they are. You don't think that about yourself because you know that you are not.
 Chromis1
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2016 6:41:14 AM

this is a diagnosis not an insult.

There is a hierarchy among men and you don't rank high enough to attract women online. At this point, you appear to hold the rank of apprentice cuckold.

This is an insult and not a particularly clever one at that.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?