Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 551
view profile
History
Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?Page 23 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)
LJane wrote:

He talked with food in his mouth (and not in the subtle way that most people can, he didn't try to hide it)

Jeez....Talking with food on your mouth...on the first date?! What kind of knuckle draggers are you dating!!! Most men know to wait til the 3rd date to do this.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 552
Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?
Posted: 10/26/2016 9:53:49 AM
^^^^^

Clearly, you've never been to Calgary , HAHA
 LJane_6
Msg: 553
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2016 1:57:11 AM
^^ hey, you're not that far away! and trust me, they aren't all like that...just the ones who want to date me, it seems :S
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 554
Posted: 10/27/2016 6:11:21 AM
^^^^^

Going to Calgary is like going back in time to some western world where everyone wears cowboy hats and you'll hear someone yell " YEE HAW!" every 23.2 seconds on avg for no reason at all ( they conducted a study where they set up recording equipment in all 4 sections of the city back in 2010 , haha ).
 MarsWarGod
Msg: 555
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2016 9:17:58 AM

^^ hey, you're not that far away! and trust me, they aren't all like that...just the ones who want to date me, it seems :S

I had the same problem with another dating website. Half of the people who WERE interested in me lived too far away. :(
 legendary8100
Msg: 556
Posted: 10/27/2016 4:51:54 PM
I wouldn't know about anyone wanting to date me. Only response I get is "not interested". Cool huh? Makes me wanna give up.
 LJane_6
Msg: 557
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2016 2:34:59 PM

Going to Calgary is like going back in time to some western world where everyone wears cowboy hats and you'll hear someone yell " YEE HAW!" every 23.2 seconds on avg for no reason at all

If you were there during Stampede, I might believe you.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 558
Posted: 10/28/2016 3:18:00 PM
^^^^

Well.....I may be exaggerating just a tad

; )
 Ouija2025
Msg: 559
Posted: 10/28/2016 6:16:08 PM
I liked Calgary.. great nightlife, great shopping and food :)
A tad?????? LOL
Jane come here. Seriously. Change of scenery. Chuck shunned my invite. And I have the cutest dog in the world
goodness I need to go stay with myself
 LJane_6
Msg: 560
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2016 1:04:34 AM
^^Aw thanks! Kelowna is so nice, and I love dogs :)
 swampyswampy
Msg: 561
Posted: 11/3/2016 5:13:22 AM
wonder if Treyseph84 got lucky not seen him for a while :)
 DD7753
Msg: 562
Posted: 11/4/2016 12:30:57 PM
because she clearly a negative little troll who she thinks in her mind she can have any guy she wants in a magic wand( got enough herpes much ) just saying people like them male or female should be put in their places they think they are perfect they need reality checks...!!!
 ryuoki
Msg: 563
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2016 7:06:55 PM
LJane_6 If you were within the 100 mile radius of my searches you could have bet I would have tried contacting you. Of course I never hold my breath for a reply, but you would have possibly seen my message unless your inbox was so incredibly full you would have missed it at the time. And I really only contact each woman once. If my message was missed for some reason, we both missed out. But many times they do view my profile, they just so rarely ever respond.

I have read back quite a few pages. Quite a few thoughts have passed through my mind too and 90% of them have now escaped me. But the biggest issue that it seems to be is, that most of the women have such tunnel vision of what they want that they can't see what could be potentially perfect for them when its right in front of them. They have such impossible lists for men to live up to that no one will ever fit the bill. The fact of the matter is, when a list of requirements is used it narrows the field so much that the net being cast is so small one will never catch anything. For online dating to really work a person needs an open mind and heart. There are many men who do take time and put thought into their messages only to be ignored. I am one such man. It makes one question their attractiveness all together when rejected by 100% of the women.

I am well over a thousand in contact messages sent and my response rate has been well below 1%. And when an actual message is replied to the expectations from the woman are again impossibly high to live up to. If you tell a joke they expect you to be a stand up comedian and keep them laughing. Which of course I fail to do apparently because the correspondence ends by my second message to them in which I try to get a little bit of info from them. Like "How has your day been today?" Or "What kind of dog/cat have you got?" Just anything to maintain a conversation a bit to get to a third message in which I would ask them if they would like to meet sometime. Can't reel the fish in immediately just because the bobber moved once. Gotta make sure it is on the line before you hookem. And in my area nearly EVERY woman likes "Huntin, Fishin and Muddin"(it is literally in 95% of the profiles)...... I swear they put that just trying to attract guys, but I doubt very many of them actually do... well muddin quite likely. But that really depends on the guy having a 4x4 truck in the first place. Rarely do these ladies have the means to go mudding themselves, they want the man to expend all of the resources for their entertainment. I wish a woman would invite me to go muddin. Maybe I am just not considered "man enough" because I didn't put "Huntin, Fishin, Muddin" and such as interests. I think it's just way too cliche. I am country, but I don't need to advertise it.... I also don't listen to country. I am more rock, metal and alternative. And there are country guys who prefer these genre of music.

Of course there was a woman (maybe a year ago) that responded to my comment of the amount of messages I sent stating "I have been on over 600 dates....blah blah"(you would need to go through my message history but I seem to recall her being OzSeaLady or something). She is a woman, she has that luxury. Men on PoF do not unless they are just absolutely gorgeous, rich and have awesome 4x4 trucks. I wish I had the problem of needing to screen through my inbox. I definitely would have found a woman by now and been long gone possibly.

In short, it isn't just the lack of responses from ladies who have been on the site for as long as I have (some longer as I have deleted my profile and remade it before). It is also maintaining a dialog that is a big issue too.

And I swear... that "Log in automatically" check box is absolutely USELESS!!
 1peep1
Msg: 564
Posted: 11/4/2016 10:33:17 PM
I've talked to guys and girls in the online dating game;

average guys definitely have to reach out and suffer/man up/accept lower response rates though its also rare for average guys to get hit up by girls in real life personally I'm happy to share a smile and then I have a window :)

average girls may get bombarded with messages and just need to sit pretty and watch them come in though they have the task of filtering the serious guys from the jokers/players etc

either side does not have an easy way out though as the saying goes I'm not rich and famous as it can be stressful though I'm willing to try it out!
 MarsWarGod
Msg: 565
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2016 9:04:11 AM

I wish I had the problem of needing to screen through my inbox. I definitely would have found a woman by now and been long gone possibly.

Tell me about it.
I'd love to be one of those people who put up "In a great relationship! Only here for the forums."
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 566
Posted: 11/6/2016 9:18:30 AM

Men on PoF do not unless they are just absolutely gorgeous, rich and have awesome 4x4 trucks.

Or a $1.4 million Ferrari LaFerrari.
 Nestaron
Msg: 567
Posted: 12/29/2016 12:46:55 PM
Yup I am so frustrated I am replying nonsense on forum for something to do.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 568
Posted: 12/29/2016 12:51:53 PM
^^^^

I've been doing the same thing....for YEARS now

Don't become like me
 sun___flower
Msg: 569
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2016 2:07:50 PM
^^^ Haha. I like your nonsense.
 PopCultureGeek
Msg: 570
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2017 11:31:47 AM
what i hate is why do women bother responding and engage you in conversation when they have no intention of going on a date with you, or women do agree to go on a date, they give out their number but then they flake, cancel on you for the first date.
 JS3344
Msg: 571
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2017 2:44:47 PM
you know whats worse? I'm getting a good response rate, and get dates......but it still doesn't work out, for many reasons, its just really hard to get with people these days. I was going to date the last girl that messaged me, until I found out she's never free on the weekends, yay.

BCC and sun_flower get a room already!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 572
Posted: 1/20/2017 5:06:13 PM
I know. thisclose to picking a bridesmaids dress
CAn't you date during the week JS?
 JS3344
Msg: 573
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2017 5:13:33 PM
dear Ouija, yes dating can be done during the week, but I'm looking for relationship material, that means she needs to be available. Not being available for weekend fun is showstopper number one in my book.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 574
Posted: 1/20/2017 6:39:03 PM
because only fun happens on the weekend? jmo, bit rigid, if I am into someone then doesn't matter Mon and Tues or Sat and Sun
Of course I like to think BF available 24.7
Did you call me a nice dear or a snotty dear?
Doe, a deer a female deer
Never have I watched that movie
I might have to, some Sat LOL
 JS3344
Msg: 575
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2017 7:05:10 PM
^^^ I meant that in a nice way, you're a cool chick!(runs for cover).....
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?