Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ebolakitty
Msg: 576
Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?Page 24 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)

So if a gal got a divorce, it means she used & betrayed her guy. You're right. Guys never use & betray women. They never grow apart over the years when their kids grew up, or get married super-early without kids and just break up. Yep. If it's a marriage, a breakup requires using & betraying the man. Anything else would be rare exceptions. Learn something new every day! :)

Way to go to bat for entitled borderlines! Did you get blown for it? Now, they sure owe you a suck.

Men who initiate divorce are also traitors. All that there is to it. I didn't mention men because women initiate divorces about 3/4 of the time. Still, if men do it then they commit an act of utter betrayal. They broke a solemn oath.

Many people take another solemn oath -- the Oath of Enlistment for the armed forces. After I took that oath, there were many times where I felt unfulfilled and stifled because I grew apart from The Navy. I wasn't alone but I can only imagine telling that to a court martial. In anticipation of the abuse excuse. Had my Captain beat the tar out of me and I deserted, I still would be court martialed no matter how many bones he broke and no matter how much his yelling hurt my self esteem.

No marriage is not the same as enlistment. Marriage is MORE serious.
 RefinedRibbon
Msg: 577
view profile
History
Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?
Posted: 4/21/2017 1:42:20 PM
Spice up your profile put your wants needs desires or putting new pictures in. I see some profiles not even written out. I know some of Us women want the guy to chase them.
 MidWestAussie
Msg: 578
Posted: 5/3/2017 8:11:37 AM

I know some of Us women want the guy to chase them.

Some??!!

**ROFLMAO**

Try more like ALL of them. Women are the picky ones, despite the reality of their situation and "The Chase" is a typical $#!t test to see if the guy is really into them.
 ready4u182
Msg: 579
Posted: 6/9/2017 3:28:44 AM
Do what a friend does, he creates this nice long message, and sends it to a lot of random women, from the ones that reply he picks the most attractive ones and takes them on a date and he gets ''lucky'' with some of them, you could do the same but instead of looking which one to bang you can see which one wants something serious.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 580
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2017 4:57:50 AM
Those copy then paste jobs are so obvious to me. Some of them are short too.
 Nestaron
Msg: 581
Posted: 6/9/2017 5:53:53 AM
I am too old to go chasing, to tired of games, and I figure if a woman wants to date she can damn well ask me, so I wont respond to her cause well I figured she needs to chase me for awhile... Okay not really but sounds good in theory, I really dont care much if they respond or not and if the message me or not still going to have fun.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 582
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2017 1:14:15 PM

I know some of Us women want the guy to chase them.

Wait tho -- no they don't. They only want The Guy They Want, to chase them. The act of making them chase you to prove it to you, usually sends the same message as not-that-interested -- the same signal to the guy you Don't want chasing you. This is where the "guy needs to be a psychic" comes in, as too many women aren't good at conveying/communicating the right message. BTW, you look great in your profile. However, you have a conflicting age range of guys you want hitting you up. So do you want guys over 49 (but not older than 55) to "chase" you? ;)

Way to go to bat for entitled borderlines! Did you get blown for it?

That would have been cool, but no.

Men who initiate divorce are also traitors. All that there is to it. I didn't mention men because women initiate divorces about 3/4 of the time. Still, if men do it then they commit an act of utter betrayal. They broke a solemn oath.

It can be, sure. But it certainly can not be. If one is Clearly Not holding up their wedding vows -- and being in the opposite direction of it -- they themselves are breaking a solemn oath... hence, going for divorce opens up as dealing with someone already breaking it.

No marriage is not the same as enlistment. Marriage is MORE serious.

You're Really bitter about a wife leaving you, aren't ya? At the end of the day, never let a personal experience that emotionally hits home skew your POV on life in general too much.
 mstone12
Msg: 583
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2017 2:56:39 PM
seems a waste of time on here true plenty of views no messages returned .
 NewYorker58
Msg: 584
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2017 5:02:08 PM
You could stand to jazz up your profile, but it probably won't make a difference here. Too many reasons why people are on POF that have nothing to do with dating, because it's a free site. I would keep your profile, but put energy into other ways to meet women.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 585
Posted: 6/17/2017 5:32:08 PM
When I was dating, I never initiated first messages.

I asked out the attractive women that wrote me first.

A guy sending a first message might as well be asking for secks.

So, let them write you :)
 mstone12
Msg: 586
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2017 5:35:05 AM
Problem is if i say nothing i still dont recieve messages anywsy ever doesnt feel like a dating site to me more like a modeling site about who has the best pictures and ego.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 587
Posted: 6/18/2017 6:22:00 AM
THIS IS A FREE SITE and arguably the largest OLD site in the world.

Translation is that very few will be searching for something "serious"/LT.

Further translation is that those looking for LT, will need to do EVERYTHING right. Or as many things right as possible.

The givens are at least a FEW "good" pics and a mistake free profile stating exactly WHAT one brings to the table and WHAT one is looking for in a partner.

Having enough sense to rotate one's pics daily, sign into one's mail daily so you show up as ONLINE and LEARNING HOW TO USE the various site features are less obvious but will clearly INCREASE one's chances. It all adds up.

THE single most obvious thing is ironic because it is the one most people whine about here. And with few exceptions, most of the whiners will have less than eight pics POSTED (maybe none) possibly few if ANY of them captioned. Pics ARE the main bait to get potentials to a profile. No one, male or female has a prayer unless you can get folks to the profile.

It's important to realize that because of how our brains work, "good" or even "great" pics can/will be unconsciously "devalued" with any type of "bad" background.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 588
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2017 11:27:23 AM
I see you're in the UK. Don't know how it is for you there, but in the states, there are a lot of scammers and flakes online when it comes to the women. Many normal women don't want to get online to date, so slim pickings. I would look for social groups to join where you are out in person with people.
 Dinno76
Msg: 589
Posted: 11/28/2017 4:38:17 PM
If you have to chase after someone then they are not the one for you.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 590
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2017 3:11:32 PM

If you have to chase after someone then they are not the one for you.

That's not what my Uncle Jack said. He says that they're not the one for you At That Time -- but you chase them long enough, and you show them how much you care by showing up where they live, work, and hang out -- and she will become the one for you! She may just not know it yet.
 Dinno76
Msg: 591
Posted: 11/29/2017 4:57:45 PM
That is called stalking . That is against the law in this country!
 Dinno76
Msg: 592
Posted: 11/29/2017 5:00:25 PM
You try that in real life and you will get a restraining order filed against you and maybe a night in county lock up.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 593
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2017 6:35:48 PM
you need to load a full length shot of yourself preferably smiling. Any other shots are a waste of space. Not interested in your cat or your buddies. If you need to lose a few then do it. You are young and it should be easy. you will be judged on the images up front and if they dont appeal, they just move on, assuming they are even genuine in the first place. If women wont give you a number or arrange to meet up within a week or so, move on.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 594
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2017 3:31:37 PM
I used to.

Found something new to occupy my time with. Now I count the days until spring. Right now, 112 days until that time. Just twelve weekends. Only 53 days until Ground Hog Day. 65 days until Valentines day. Daytona Speed Week starts that week. The 60th running of the Daytona 500 is only 69 days away. So is Presidents day. The Dakar Rally starts in just 23 days, that lasts two weeks. In 12 days, daylight starts getting longer. March 1st, I start listening for the Sandhill Cranes heading north.

All better things to do than to waste time messaging women and getting no responses.

g
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 595
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2017 4:05:38 PM

That is called stalking . That is against the law in this country!

That's not what my Uncle Jack says. He says that POV is just being too politically-correct.

You try that in real life and you will get a restraining order filed against you and maybe a night in county lock up.

Hey, dating's not easy. Sometimes you have to climb a rigorous mountain to get the one you dream of. A long tough trek makes it more valuable. I'd rather have setbacks like a restraining order, or a mere night in the country jail, if in the end, I get the girl's heart. Otherwise, I wouldn't care so much -- and we all know how often gals talk about men not caring enough. That's not me! :)
 MsSkeezix
Msg: 596
Posted: 12/10/2017 6:25:33 AM

Found something new to occupy my time with. Now I count the days until spring. Right now, 112 days until that time. Just twelve weekends. Only 53 days until Ground Hog Day. 65 days until Valentines day. Daytona Speed Week starts that week. The 60th running of the Daytona 500 is only 69 days away. So is Presidents day. The Dakar Rally starts in just 23 days, that lasts two weeks. In 12 days, daylight starts getting longer. March 1st, I start listening for the Sandhill Cranes heading north

Thanks for the perspective, purplerider1200<<< "O wind, if Winter comes can Spring be far behind?"

Glad you did not mention that there's only '15 shopping days till Christmas'----Oops, did I say that out loud? ;-0
 purplerider1200
Msg: 597
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2017 8:06:37 AM
If we could eliminate one season -I vote for winter.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 598
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2017 1:58:24 PM
My only issue is that most of my NEW messages (not responses) come from women who have nothing in common with me except my age.

Seems I'm a big target for religious grandmas who want someone to watch them die in 20 years. Not my circus.
 alpha__waves
Msg: 599
Posted: 12/23/2017 10:59:49 PM
If you're reasonably intelligent & interesting; can construct a pleasent, topical, non-pervy opening message and still get no replies, you're probably an ugly P.O.S.

Source: An ugly P.O.S. Ha ha!
 GreatThingsNow
Msg: 600
Posted: 3/1/2018 11:05:36 AM
I used to get a good amount of responses and now I am get zero responses can someone offer any suggestions.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?