Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 purplerider1200
Msg: 601
view profile
History
Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?Page 25 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)
I used to.

Found something new to occupy my time with. Now I count the days until spring. Right now, 112 days until that time. Just twelve weekends. Only 53 days until Ground Hog Day. 65 days until Valentines day. Daytona Speed Week starts that week. The 60th running of the Daytona 500 is only 69 days away. So is Presidents day. The Dakar Rally starts in just 23 days, that lasts two weeks. In 12 days, daylight starts getting longer. March 1st, I start listening for the Sandhill Cranes heading north.

All better things to do than to waste time messaging women and getting no responses.

g
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 602
view profile
History
Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?
Posted: 12/9/2017 4:05:38 PM

That is called stalking . That is against the law in this country!

That's not what my Uncle Jack says. He says that POV is just being too politically-correct.

You try that in real life and you will get a restraining order filed against you and maybe a night in county lock up.

Hey, dating's not easy. Sometimes you have to climb a rigorous mountain to get the one you dream of. A long tough trek makes it more valuable. I'd rather have setbacks like a restraining order, or a mere night in the country jail, if in the end, I get the girl's heart. Otherwise, I wouldn't care so much -- and we all know how often gals talk about men not caring enough. That's not me! :)
 MsSkeezix
Msg: 603
Posted: 12/10/2017 6:25:33 AM

Found something new to occupy my time with. Now I count the days until spring. Right now, 112 days until that time. Just twelve weekends. Only 53 days until Ground Hog Day. 65 days until Valentines day. Daytona Speed Week starts that week. The 60th running of the Daytona 500 is only 69 days away. So is Presidents day. The Dakar Rally starts in just 23 days, that lasts two weeks. In 12 days, daylight starts getting longer. March 1st, I start listening for the Sandhill Cranes heading north

Thanks for the perspective, purplerider1200<<< "O wind, if Winter comes can Spring be far behind?"

Glad you did not mention that there's only '15 shopping days till Christmas'----Oops, did I say that out loud? ;-0
 purplerider1200
Msg: 604
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2017 8:06:37 AM
If we could eliminate one season -I vote for winter.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 605
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2017 1:58:24 PM
My only issue is that most of my NEW messages (not responses) come from women who have nothing in common with me except my age.

Seems I'm a big target for religious grandmas who want someone to watch them die in 20 years. Not my circus.
 alpha__waves
Msg: 606
Posted: 12/23/2017 10:59:49 PM
If you're reasonably intelligent & interesting; can construct a pleasent, topical, non-pervy opening message and still get no replies, you're probably an ugly P.O.S.

Source: An ugly P.O.S. Ha ha!
 GreatThingsNow
Msg: 607
Posted: 3/1/2018 11:05:36 AM
I used to get a good amount of responses and now I am get zero responses can someone offer any suggestions.
 Cryptofabulous
Msg: 608
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2018 11:48:04 AM

If you're reasonably intelligent & interesting; can construct a pleasent, topical,
non-pervy opening message and still get no replies, you're probably an ugly P.O.S.

On-line Dating only confirmed what we also experienced IRL...
that the women who complain about "men are all about looks" are the same.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 609
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2018 12:11:23 PM
GTN, your profile is pretty bad, but maybe things have changed here or your dating pool shrunk. There's an area here for profile reviews where people can pick at you like a a crow after dead critters in the road. You can go there to ask for help. Try reading profiles of other men to get ideas, but I think I recall pof does guide you to things you can put in your profile and you seemed to not be bothered to put in any effort.

Crypto, men need to try looking at women that are on the same attractiveness level as themselves. That would certainly help, but instead they think all women are available to them.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 610
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2018 12:42:21 PM

I used to get a good amount of responses and now I am get zero responses can someone offer any suggestions.

You're in good shape and all, but, you're 47 now, that's why. :) Plus you don't say much in it, which doesn't help.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 611
Posted: 3/4/2018 8:38:46 PM

Keep adding new pictures and try to make them better than what you had up before. This matters more than anything else. Don't listen to anyone who tells you to go to profile reviews. They don't know jack shit.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 612
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2018 4:03:57 PM

Crypto, men need to try looking at women that are on the same attractiveness level as themselves. That would certainly help, but instead they think all women are available to them.

Sounds simple? Of course. Will women ever come up with the answer to that one? No.

Here I am, at the ripe old age of 62, and I'm still trying to determine that one. I thought there would an easy answer to that. Ha!

"Instead they think all women are available to them." NY58- We men do try all, because most of us DON'T KNOW. I got sick of this guessing horseshit, so I just gave up on you women. Just for my own peace of mind.
 2ufo
Msg: 613
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2018 4:31:35 PM

... men need to try looking at women that are on the same attractiveness level as themselves. That would certainly help, but instead they think all women are available to them.

Using this kind of measure means that ONLY tall women should angle for tall men and only slender men should try for slender women. Only men with an IQ of 150 should try for intelligent women, only rich women should be paired up with rich men.

How stupid! (my opinion only)

The possibility of all women is available to all men. And vice versa.

I'm not going to look at a guy and say to myself, "He's too good looking for me to have a chance so I won't even try." I try to discover if we even speak the same language or have similar views of life or some commonality.

How a person communicates, presents themselves, treats me and others is a large measure of their attractiveness to me.

Of course, obsession with one person, or one 'type', is just as idiotic; particularly when you aren't their 'type'.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 614
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2018 6:02:18 PM
I made a blanket statement, because it tends to go that way, but not necessarily when it comes to intelligence, being tall or thin. I don't think the level of attractiveness has to be exact, but lets face it, if a person is unfortunate to be deemed very unattractive, there's a high probability they're not getting a date with someone that's DDG. That's the reality of life.

I feel the same way about personality and the way someone treats me trumps looks, but it's only to a certain degree. I don't care if GĂ©rard Depardieu had a great personality, I would not be interested☺

Purple, could be a personality issue and you find it hard to understand and relate to women. You seem kind of blunt, maybe hard around the edges, don't know if you're that way with women. You seem like a nice guy. You should be getting dates, maybe IRL, since OLD can be difficult. The key to understanding women, like with men, is that we're all different.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 615
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2018 6:18:23 PM

I used to get a good amount of responses

So did I.

Back in the glory days. (approx. 2004-2010)

You're in good shape and all, but, you're 47 now, that's why. :)

I was 48 when I started OLD.
I got HUNDREDS of responses and first messages back then.

but maybe things have changed here

I've been saying that for several years now.
People don't want to believe me.
Facts are facts.

Try reading profiles of other men to get ideas,

Like the profiles of the liars who con women into first meets, and then are not what they said they were?

I came up with my own ideas, which used to work well enough.

Until women stopped participating as much in the process.

And appreciating humor as much.

the way someone treats me trumps looks, but it's only to a certain degree.

Always a "but".
Always leave yourself an out, for when the poor decisions are made based primarily on looks.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 616
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2018 9:03:24 PM
EVERYONE takes looks into consideration to whatever degree makes them happy. If someone says looks doesn't matter, do you think they're still open to anybody and everybody? By dating someone who you find to be unattractive, that does not guarantee it's going to be a good match. Unattractive people can be fvcked up like anyone else, LOL.

When I suggested looking at other profiles for ideas, it was not to steal that person's personality, LOL. It's like if I were to look at someone's interests and see board games and think, oh, that's right, I like board games too, I'll put it under my interests.

More important than this dating nonsense is that I went to Del Taco and had a few grilled chicken tacos, which I found to be a delicious! There is only one in 60 miles of me and it happens to be in my neighborhood.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 617
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2018 9:45:41 PM

Purple, could be a personality issue and you find it hard to understand and relate to women. You seem kind of blunt, maybe hard around the edges, don't know if you're that way with women. You seem like a nice guy. You should be getting dates, maybe IRL, since OLD can be difficult. The key to understanding women, like with men, is that we're all different.

This forum became a place to vent for me. So when I see a comment that I feel strongly about, like yours, I want an answer. I've tripped over similar comments like yours over the past, oh, about six years, it's been ignored. You're the first one that's ever attempted to serve up an answer to me.

For that, you get a hardy "Thank You!" from me

I always felt that talking TO women meant talking to them without looking down on them. Most men, that I ever heard talking to their wives, girlfriends, that they would pandered to them. I can't do that. If you can't be honest in your comments, then shut your big bazoo, and say nothing. I thought I could relate to women. Totally understand them? Probably not, since I have a tough time figuring out if they liked me well enough to go out with me, if I asked them. They may have, but since I was never certain, I didn't ask. I didn't want to put them on the uncomfortable spot of saying no. Since I didn't like that spot myself. Hard around the edges? Possibly. Dam few dates in my life meant I didn't get the chance to soften those edges. Or figure out to. Yes, I'm very aware that you're all different. But, some of you aren't different enough to hold my attention.

Dating is work to me. So is work. Work pays me. Dating doesn't.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 618
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2018 11:46:47 PM
Purple, if you've ever had a question that went unanswered, maybe it was perceived to be a venting statement.

Didn't you say you had some problems in high school with the guys? Could there be a bigger issue here than just not connecting with women? Just asking.

I've never had to ask someone out, but I can see it as being awkward. I think I would be directly indirect and say, hey, I hear "xyz" is an interesting place to go to. I'd like to take you if you're interested in going. It gives the woman an opportunity to say they don't want to go to "xyz", without actually saying it's about the person and not the venue, so less awkwardness. No one likes rejection, but you have to put yourself out that way.

About attractiveness, I think women tend to be more attractive than their male partners, so the starting level for where to start for a level of actractiveness is already higher than a man's attractiveness.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 619
Posted: 3/6/2018 4:37:08 AM

About attractiveness, I think women tend to be more attractive than their male partners, so the starting level for where to start for a level of attractiveness is already higher than a man's attractiveness.

Get the f*ck out of here with this horseshit, man-hater.

Unbelievable.
 Cynderella
Msg: 620
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2018 4:53:33 AM
New York....how do you come up with this stuff?
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 621
Posted: 3/6/2018 5:21:03 AM
It's fueled by her hatred for men.
 Cynderella
Msg: 622
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2018 6:00:56 AM
There is fuel....you Pig are the match
You light her fuse lol
 purplerider1200
Msg: 623
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2018 6:33:44 AM

I've never had to ask someone out, but I can see it as being awkward. I think I would be directly indirect and say, hey, I hear "xyz" is an interesting place to go to. I'd like to take you if you're interested in going. It gives the woman an opportunity to say they don't want to go to "xyz", without actually saying it's about the person and not the venue, so less awkwardness. No one likes rejection, but you have to put yourself out that way.

Good way to do it. I admit that I could never think that fast to do it that way.

Didn't you say you had some problems in high school with the guys? Could there be a bigger issue here than just not connecting with women? Just asking.

I did. They weren't into reasoning with people. Nor getting to know them. Ignoring them didn't help. What it took was a first class asswhipping to get them to back off. One does what one has to, when pushed. I don't bully people, it's not my style. But taking apart a bully? Lead me to 'em.

I used to see the guys harass the girls. I could never do that. I was taught to be nice to them. But they never responded to that, so I just didn't bother. I'd go, learn, and go home. And count the days to graduation. When these school shooters do their dirty deeds, the first thing I think of, is what did the targets do to become targets. They certainly don't deserve it, but like any argument, there's always two sides.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 624
Posted: 3/6/2018 7:29:13 AM

I did. They weren't into reasoning with people. Nor getting to know them. Ignoring them didn't help. What it took was a first class asswhipping to get them to back off. One does what one has to, when pushed. I don't bully people, it's not my style. But taking apart a bully? Lead me to 'em.

Billy Jack!

I used to see the guys harass the girls. I could never do that. I was taught to be nice to them. But they never responded to that, so I just didn't bother. I'd go, learn, and go home. And count the days to graduation. When these school shooters do their dirty deeds, the first thing I think of, is what did the targets do to become targets. They certainly don't deserve it, but like any argument, there's always two sides.

There is a FB Meme stating something similar, asking students to stop having cliques & ostracizing, & to try to include the loner types, etc.

Not blaming others, but I think if this were done, maybe 1/2 the shootings would not have happened. Children need support & fellowship, not ostracizing & derision- from each other, in particular.
 Nestaron
Msg: 625
Posted: 3/6/2018 8:24:32 AM
Still no frustration in not getting responses when exactly does the frustration come I have been waiting patiently here and I am getting my money worth in the frustration department.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?