Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 626
view profile
History
Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?Page 26 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)

About attractiveness, I think women tend to be more attractive than their male partners, so the starting level for where to start for a level of actractiveness is already higher than a man's attractiveness.

I think you have to hit up certain demographics to find that... like older men with $$ marrying younger prettier gals... fast forward 20 years later, sure. But in reality, the trend is, men & women tend to be roughly in the same league.

You eliminate guys with bling-bling ($), or gals who scrape by with no $, eliminate fame/popularity, or close social-ties -- the trend is, men & women pair up within their own 'league' so to speak. One speed-dating experiment showed this. Which guys women marked off as a 'match' didn't quite fit their mold of saying looks wasn't that important.

It's the 21st century, things are different than 50 years ago.

I've honestly never looked at a guy and thought "he's better (or not so better) looking than I am."

I have, but I'm a guy. :) "Oh, The Rock? He's got nothing on me," wouldn't be my first thoughts - lol. Build & facial structure tells most of the story, give or take.

But to what you said... have you never seen a couple and think "Whoah, she could do better" (in looks)? I think we are better at judging others' looks VS our own, but, just generic lines... I could think "Yes, Jennifer Garner is better looking than me," meaning that if I walked into a restaurant holding hands with her, I Would expect some folks to think "Whoah, she could do better." :)
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 627
Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?
Posted: 3/6/2018 1:40:59 PM

I think you have to hit up certain demographics to find that... like older men with $$ marrying younger prettier gals... fast forward 20 years later, sure. But in reality, the trend is, men & women tend to be roughly in the same league.

That's usually the case, but there are some exceptions. The actor, Pierce Brosnan, is much more attractive than his younger wife, Keely Shaye Smith. They were roughly equal in attractiveness when they first met, but she hasn't aged well, IMO.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 628
Posted: 3/6/2018 1:43:29 PM

About attractiveness, I think women tend to be more attractive than their male partners, so the starting level for where to start for a level of actractiveness (sic) is already higher than a man's attractiveness.

This statement makes no sense at all. More attractive to whom?

More attractive to...............? do what? (I'm glad to see I'm not the only one scratchin' my head)
 browneyesboo
Msg: 629
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2018 1:49:41 PM
Well, now that I think on it.
I'm pretty sure I'm more attractive than Norweigianguy.
Of course, I guess it depends on what we're wearing.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 630
Posted: 3/6/2018 2:00:36 PM
I can't wait to see how she attempts to smooth this bullshit over. It will surely be even more ridiculous than the claim itself.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 631
Posted: 3/6/2018 2:34:42 PM
https://youtu.be/zBcG5tOURuM

"A reporter's (Kenan Thompson) broadcast from the site of a sinkhole gets off-topic when he interviews a beautiful woman (Margot Robbie) and her unimpressive husband (Mikey Day)."
 Cynderella
Msg: 632
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2018 3:00:03 PM
^^^It says it can't play in my Country....damn.

I can't wait to see how she attempts to smooth this bullshit over. It will surely be even more ridiculous than the claim itself.

Still waiting with my popcorn.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 633
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2018 3:08:22 PM

That's usually the case, but there are some exceptions. The actor, Pierce Brosnan, is much more attractive than his younger wife, Keely Shaye Smith. They were roughly equal in attractiveness when they first met, but she hasn't aged well, IMO.

Oh yeah, there's always exceptions. :) That's the point... it sticks out like a sore thumb. And even in that situation, it's post-marriage, not two singles starting to date. But in Hollywood, you will see a difference of looks when Dating... like an actress with some not-so-great-looking musician or movie director -- but I think fame/talent comes into play there a lot, too.

Well, now that I think on it. I'm pretty sure I'm more attractive than Norweigianguy. Of course, I guess it depends on what we're wearing.

Well, easy for you to say, you have the birthday hat on! Now, if I wore the birthday hat, then... oh wait, yeah, you'd be even More attractive than me. :) All I was saying is that although not precise, we do have the ability to size people up comparatively on looks, success, and yeah, even dress wear. :)
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 634
Posted: 3/6/2018 4:42:43 PM

Oh yeah, there's always exceptions. :) That's the point... it sticks out like a sore thumb. And even in that situation, it's post-marriage, not two singles starting to date. But in Hollywood, you will see a difference of looks when Dating... like an actress with some not-so-great-looking musician or movie director -- but I think fame/talent comes into play there a lot, too.

As far as Hollywood goes, I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I also agree with the point you made below, but will add that sometimes big discrepancies in looks will show up several years into the relationship, when one partner doesn't age as well as the other, or one partner lets themselves go, while the other stays fit. I think that occurs equally among the sexes.

You eliminate guys with bling-bling ($), or gals who scrape by with no $, eliminate fame/popularity, or close social-ties -- the trend is, men & women pair up within their own 'league' so to speak. One speed-dating experiment showed this.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 635
Posted: 3/6/2018 5:03:06 PM

It says it can't play in my Country

it IS funny

Cyndi, try this link

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/live-report/3108905?snl=1

or

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4w248s
 Cynderella
Msg: 636
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2018 5:30:25 PM
OMG my ribs and cheeks are hurting from laughing so hard....thanks PBA
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 637
Posted: 3/6/2018 6:53:44 PM
^^
When I saw the crocs, I thought of Walts!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 638
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2018 7:34:47 PM
Cyndi, I expect pigs to squeal, because that's what they do🐷

Purple, sounds like you've had torturous school days. I stopped some girls from being bullied in school by other girls. Bullies tend to get backing from others, so they're cowards. As for your issue with women, sounds like you feel awkward around them to an extent, which may partially be from not being able to read them. If a person liked dogs, lets say, and wanted to pet one but didn't understand their cues, they could get bit and do. Once a person gets bit by a dog, they tend to fear all dogs for the rest of their lives. The cure, like falling off a horse, is to get back on one.

Fullmoonguy2, improvement over FMG1? One can only hope☺ I'm trying to be empathetic, which doesn't have to involve having an experience myself, like if I said I didn't have a Del Taco near me, you should feel my pain without going thru that yourself.

Platinum, that SNL clip was really funny and it illustrated my point☺
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 639
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2018 12:56:10 AM

I also agree with the point you made below, but will add that sometimes big discrepancies in looks will show up several years into the relationship, when one partner doesn't age as well as the other, or one partner lets themselves go, while the other stays fit. I think that occurs equally among the sexes.

Yeah, you'll see it happen thru either gender... the aging/letting-oneself-go thing. So when they initially started the Relationship, and as many are more-or-less in the same 'league', it could divert either way down the line.

I think NY's angle was implying that when guy & gal pair-up, the gal will tend to look better than the guy. There is no Tendency with that, taking the $$/fame out of the equation... unless you get on the picky scale (no 'league' difference). I say that because I guess there is an argument to be made that even though there are more Independent women out there nowadays, overall, a gal will typically have more "concerns" when it comes to sizing up a potential mate... which would give guys a (greater) opportunity to make up for what might be slightly lacking in the looks dept, all other things being equal.
 Cynderella
Msg: 640
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2018 8:12:07 AM

I think you will be waiting a long time....
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 641
Posted: 3/7/2018 9:02:40 AM

Platinum, that SNL clip was really funny and it illustrated my point☺

That was ONE example of the woman being better looking than the man. How the hell did that solidify your so-called "point"?
 ohenryx
Msg: 642
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2018 10:13:49 AM

norwegianguy456
there is an argument to be made that even though there are more Independent women out there nowadays, overall, a gal will typically have more "concerns" when it comes to sizing up a potential mate... which would give guys a (greater) opportunity to make up for what might be slightly lacking in the looks dept, all other things being equal.

There has been a lot of research in this area. Everyone is fascinated by it, therefore much research is done. Women tend to focus on factors such as career, income, stability when looking for a mate, a provider for their children. Later, when they get bored and cheat on their “good provider”, looks are the primary factor.

Exception for power, power is the greatest of all aphrodisiacs as far as women are concerned. Don’t believe me? Check out the women that Henry Kissinger dated back when. Short, old, ugly, didn’t matter. Power, baby, that’s the ticket!

And yes, I do understand that all of the women here in the forums are special, and none of this is meant to apply to you. You are all perfect human beings, and are only concerned with inner beauty.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 643
Posted: 3/7/2018 10:50:28 AM

Exception for power, power is the greatest of all aphrodisiacs as far as women are concerned.

100% correct, and in many cases, one doesn't have to actually *be* powerful, just *perceived* as powerful.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 644
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2018 1:15:14 PM

Women tend to focus on factors such as career, income, stability when looking for a mate, a provider for their children. Later, when they get bored and cheat on their “good provider”, looks are the primary factor.

Now, don't say "get bored" -- it's that she's unhappy, and it's His fault that she's not happy. Therefore, although not the perfect moves, it's not cheating! ;)

I think the attributes you point out there hold weight, yes -- but lesser now than yesteryear. Kind of like Older Men. As one of the older guys posted on here, he points out that he's not getting the benefit of being "older" that he thought he would get, from younger-year expectations. That pool has "shrunk", and IMO, goes down the same path as women being dependent on income provisions.

Women generally of course will want a guy to have at least as much, if not at least a little more "career/income" than she. A sense of stability, even when she's an independent working woman. A sense that she Could and can lean on him, when necessary.

A guy? Unlike yesteryear, guys generally feel a negative when it comes to a gal who's not self-sufficient and would need to be financially Dependent (for general living) a guy, as her way of life.

Exception for power, power is the greatest of all aphrodisiacs as far as women are concerned.

I agree -- much like fame. That sense that you're a "big baller" with lots of power -- not merely a little more than average Joe -- I think that has more biological roots to it. Different than "he can provide for me". I think for many guys, there's also a positive to that when a gal is a big-baller, too. That said, I think it holds more weight for women when the guy is the power-baller.

IMO, I think nowadays, since gals are more self-sufficient as the Norm, just "he makes more money than your average Joe" isn't a big 'score' like it once was. Women have less a Motive to pair-up with a guy who she could do better in the looks dept. But yes, it's still there. IMO, it needs to "stick out" more VS yesteryear.

I do understand that all of the women here in the forums are special, and none of this is meant to apply to you. You are all perfect human beings, and are only concerned with inner beauty.

Exactly. Goes without saying! :)
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 645
Posted: 3/7/2018 4:25:57 PM

And yes, I do understand that all of the women here in the forums are special.............

LOL, "Well, aren't you spaychul" (rolls eyes)

...............and none of this is meant to apply to you.

"Weighell, of course not, I'm spaychul!"

You are all perfect human beings, and are only concerned with inner beauty.

"OHHH..........Henry! You are such a flirt! YES YES, We ARE perfect..........in every way!
( Oh and I have ex-ray vision, so I can see all the inner handsomeness"! )

LOL, I couldn't resist!

(Now back to my Google map search, plannin' a bike trip to Smokey Mountain region)
 from site to sight
Msg: 646
Posted: 3/7/2018 5:34:41 PM

Would that imply, Melania didn't marry Donald Trump strictly because of his inner beauty and charming personality?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 647
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2018 6:53:21 PM
Pig, I'm not picking up what you're putting down. I'm asserting ït's easier to get a date within one's own level of attractiveness, or close to it. There's something unbelievable about? The penis wants what the penis wants in terms of attractiveness and the pursuit of DDG women, but a lot of that is wishful fantasy, and doesn't become reality (unless you're David Spade). Still, it's good to fantasize and dangle that sexual carrot in front of one's self to keep in a forward direction.

That video illustrated what a guy may need to have going on to snag a hot girl. I'm not saying a person should never give it a go, but if all a person (guy) does is contact DDG women, he's lessening his chances of hooking up, then it can't be said there's a problem with this site.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 648
Posted: 3/7/2018 7:07:38 PM

Pig, I'm not picking up what you're putting down.

Oh, boy. More of the playing dumb routine. This is the horseshit I'm putting down....

About attractiveness, I think women tend to be more attractive than their male partners, so the starting level for where to start for a level of attractiveness is already higher than a man's attractiveness.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 649
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2018 9:12:21 PM
You say horseshit like it's a bad thing💩 There's nothing like a fall day at the stables, when the cool air envelops the warm poop, and the steam rises❤💟💜💙💚💛
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 650
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2018 1:39:00 AM

I'm asserting ït's easier to get a date within one's own level of attractiveness, or close to it.

Easier for a guy because you notice that when there's a difference in looks, it's more often the girl is more attractive than the guy? No. We wish. :)

Go to a bar -- you'll see plenty of guys "swinging lower". You'll see much fewer gals "swinging lower", and if so, not soo low. In this case, it's a pairing-up environment where it's in the opposite direction that you describe, if one were to take a close look, when ignoring solidified BF/GF or Husband/Wife.

Look online -- do you think women are pairing up with less looking guys much, taking $$-hunters out of the equation? I certainly don't see that. The 2.5 : 1 guy-to-girl ratio helps prevent that by itself.

It's not harder for a pretty gal to get a pretty guy. Pairing-up with someone is easier for a gal, comparatively speaking, actually. It's a completely different ball of wax for a girl VS a guy, when they want to find someone to taste-test. So each party's psychology is different... and if there's a tilt toward gals willing to be Dating guys a solid notch or two below their 'league' more readily than vice-versa -- here's my POV:

- As I said before, girls give a higher value to other attributes that guy's don't nearly as much (security/status/stability/connections). Looks is still definitely the #1 "in" for any social & stable gal, but a good looking guy VS a Hot guy carries not as much weight than it would to a dude. Pass/fail concept carries more weight due to other attributes.

- Since guys care less about the other attributes, the other 'bad stuff' is less likely to "nix" it for him when the gal's better looking. Thus, you're more likely to see them paired up (more time spent).

- For a guy to 'get' a prettier girl, that's a Yuge thing. He's going to want to stick to that more, as it takes more effort to get a date going with someone prettier than him. For a girl? A sexy outfit, being outgoing & flirty -- she can get a prettier guy wanting to take a stab.

- Due to this, the average Jane KNOWS she can get an above-average Jim. Sure. Been there, done that (again and again). There's no "victory" in doing so as it would for an average Joe to hook up with an above-average Annie. So less sense of "accomplishment" as found in a gal would be Natural, just given how things flow like this. Combine that with a gal, by default, more interested in other attributes to "pass" where guys are lesser concerned -- it makes Sense that she'll be More Willing to date a guy who she still finds attractive but "could do better".
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?