Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 650
view profile
History
Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?Page 27 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)

I'm asserting ït's easier to get a date within one's own level of attractiveness, or close to it.

Easier for a guy because you notice that when there's a difference in looks, it's more often the girl is more attractive than the guy? No. We wish. :)

Go to a bar -- you'll see plenty of guys "swinging lower". You'll see much fewer gals "swinging lower", and if so, not soo low. In this case, it's a pairing-up environment where it's in the opposite direction that you describe, if one were to take a close look, when ignoring solidified BF/GF or Husband/Wife.

Look online -- do you think women are pairing up with less looking guys much, taking $$-hunters out of the equation? I certainly don't see that. The 2.5 : 1 guy-to-girl ratio helps prevent that by itself.

It's not harder for a pretty gal to get a pretty guy. Pairing-up with someone is easier for a gal, comparatively speaking, actually. It's a completely different ball of wax for a girl VS a guy, when they want to find someone to taste-test. So each party's psychology is different... and if there's a tilt toward gals willing to be Dating guys a solid notch or two below their 'league' more readily than vice-versa -- here's my POV:

- As I said before, girls give a higher value to other attributes that guy's don't nearly as much (security/status/stability/connections). Looks is still definitely the #1 "in" for any social & stable gal, but a good looking guy VS a Hot guy carries not as much weight than it would to a dude. Pass/fail concept carries more weight due to other attributes.

- Since guys care less about the other attributes, the other 'bad stuff' is less likely to "nix" it for him when the gal's better looking. Thus, you're more likely to see them paired up (more time spent).

- For a guy to 'get' a prettier girl, that's a Yuge thing. He's going to want to stick to that more, as it takes more effort to get a date going with someone prettier than him. For a girl? A sexy outfit, being outgoing & flirty -- she can get a prettier guy wanting to take a stab.

- Due to this, the average Jane KNOWS she can get an above-average Jim. Sure. Been there, done that (again and again). There's no "victory" in doing so as it would for an average Joe to hook up with an above-average Annie. So less sense of "accomplishment" as found in a gal would be Natural, just given how things flow like this. Combine that with a gal, by default, more interested in other attributes to "pass" where guys are lesser concerned -- it makes Sense that she'll be More Willing to date a guy who she still finds attractive but "could do better".
 spot4username
Msg: 651
view profile
History
Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?
Posted: 3/8/2018 3:29:49 AM

ohenryx And yes, I do understand that all of the women here in the forums are special, and none of this is meant to apply to you. You are all perfect human beings, and are only concerned with inner beauty.

pfffffffffffffffffft Nope. Give me a man with a strong jawline and nice features. I have said many times on these forums and in real life - I am very visual and like something pretty to look at. That doesn't mean I don't care if he is dumb. I do care. It is just my time on this rock has taught me that there are plenty of smart, funny, confident and attractive men. May as well spend time with one who ticks most of the boxes than just one.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 652
Posted: 3/8/2018 4:46:42 AM

Due to this, the average Jane KNOWS she can get an above-average Jim

There are a few variables:

#1- age
#2- location
#3- casual sex/hooking up VS serious/LTR

A 30+ woman in a sparsely populated area who is DDG (Cyndi comes to mind) is going to have a harder time than a 20 yr. old plain Jane in NYC who is happy w/ a hook up.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 653
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2018 10:12:21 AM

It is just my time on this rock has taught me that there are plenty of smart, funny, confident and attractive men.

Then why aren't you with one of them, enjoying the most perfect relationship in history?
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 654
Posted: 3/8/2018 11:18:45 AM
It appears we have a scatological poster in here. Ugh.
 spot4username
Msg: 655
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2018 2:00:46 PM

Then why aren't you with one of them, enjoying the most perfect relationship in history?

I have no desire to be in a relationship. They aren't my cup of tea. No relationship is the perfect relationship.
 Nestaron
Msg: 656
Posted: 3/8/2018 4:08:02 PM
@PBA

I think the variables are more like

Appearance
Build
Intent

lol
 Belleatrix
Msg: 657
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2018 1:59:57 PM
No frustration had here for not getting responses............I don't send initial messages, as I don't spend enough time on it to do anything other than check my inbox.

Now, there is a slight frustration to getting bs answers when you're trying to move things along and have it materialize into a date/meet. When I get an answer that's borderline not ready for anything real, I delete the whole conversation or block them. No time wasted on this kind of f*ckery, not here to keep you entertained during your lunch break/commuting time/work boredom/your dateless weekend, etc.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 658
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2018 4:57:12 AM
^^^ Or, in other words, what can you do for me?
 MsSkeezix
Msg: 659
Posted: 3/11/2018 5:57:06 AM
^^^
Or, in other words, what can you do for me?

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
---Red Green
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 660
Posted: 3/11/2018 8:07:28 AM

I think the variables are more like

Appearance
Build
Intent

lol

?Large mammaries willing to give free samples?

( * )( * )

Belleatrix
Msg: 661
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2018 8:24:07 AM

If people can spend an inordinate amount of time communicating via app but make no efforts to do so in person, they may have never intended to make anything happen in real life and are just talking up your time. This is a dating site, where did the premise of the website indicate that it just to get a little bit of attention at the cost of someone else's time?

So yeah, as explained in my profile, I don't have time for that, so I stop responding.
 et_non
Msg: 662
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2018 9:55:39 AM

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
---Red Green

The female, not the male, determines all the conditions of the animal family. Where the female can derive no benefit from association with the male, no such association takes place.
— Robert Briffault

Briffault's Law applies across the animal kngdom. Be reasonable to assume it applies to humans too.
Men do the chasing. Women do the choosing. That's basically courtship, the male has to prove his worth to the female.

I'm like you purplerier, just get on with my life, do my own thing.
The problem for me arises when a woman occassionally takes a shine to me. If she doesn't get what she wants from me she will turn on me and become vindictive. It's all about what the woman wants.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 663
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2018 4:28:32 PM

I'm like you purplerier, just get on with my life, do my own thing.
The problem for me arises when a woman occassionally takes a shine to me. If she doesn't get what she wants from me she will turn on me and become vindictive. It's all about what the woman wants.

And life got simpler, didn't it? About three days after my ex left me, it felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. I was glad she was gone. So far, no woman has come along that has made me say to myself, "This is worth it". So they can be demanding, vindictive, or anything they choose to be. I want no part of it.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 664
Posted: 3/11/2018 7:28:58 PM

it felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

I felt this w/ my ex husband & an ex bf of 3 years.

Currently, both r single w/ ads on dating sites...

Cynderella
Msg: 665
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2018 4:51:56 AM

Men do the chasing. Women do the choosing. That's basically courtship, the male has to prove his worth to the female.

Remember the good old days when the cave man picked his wife and dragged her off to his cave by her hair...
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 666
Posted: 3/12/2018 4:58:43 AM

Remember the good old days when the cave man picked his wife and dragged her off to his cave by her hair...

I'm an unapologetic hair puller, but this might be a bit much.
 Cynderella
Msg: 667
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2018 5:09:38 AM
^^^I just so happen to like my hair pulled 😁
 Belleatrix
Msg: 668
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2018 1:30:49 PM
"it's getting hot in herrrrrrrrr..."

I fully endorse it
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 669
Posted: 3/12/2018 3:15:12 PM
Pig gonna get a 3 way!!!

MsSkeezix
Msg: 670
Posted: 3/12/2018 3:21:20 PM
^^^IDK
He may have to wash his hair~
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 671
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2018 6:19:16 PM

Women do the choosing..

It's a shame they are not better at it than they are.

MEDIOCRITY RULES !
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 672
Posted: 3/12/2018 6:29:48 PM

^^^I just so happen to like my hair pulled 😁

Ah, winding it around my hand like spaghetti wrapped around a fork and....yank!

He may have to wash his hair~

Hardee-har, Skeezy-E. Hardee-har. :)
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 673
Posted: 3/12/2018 6:31:08 PM

He may have to wash his hair

I have a box of extensions y'all can borrow after you're done w/ the hair pulling

Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 674
He may have to wash his hair
Posted: 3/12/2018 6:41:12 PM
https://youtu.be/RC8wEqUHA2Q
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Anybody get frustrated with not getting responses?