Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I think I found somebody, Finally, but theres a problem.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 woodnymph4
Msg: 25
I think I found somebody, Finally, but theres a problem.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Salty - um, geez.

The OP is 20, so chances are this young lady is 19 or 20-ish and...wait for it....blind. Would you feel safe sending your sister or daughter out there to meet a virtual stranger for a date...when she's blind? And WTF is an "able bodied blind person"?
 salty_blumist
Msg: 26
view profile
History
I think I found somebody, Finally, but theres a problem.
Posted: 3/5/2016 12:15:02 AM
What is an able bodied blind person? Some blind people can get around by themselves using a cane or with the use of a seeing eye dog. I even seen one blind man on yahoo news who could move around using echo location as I think it's known as. The same technique that bats use in flight for navigation and hunting.

And to Bamgrl68,
A public place should be safe for anyone to meet someone. If their that worried about meeting someone and all the negative possibilities, then their just being paranoid. And if anyone is that paranoid that they can't meet someone in a public place, then they should not be dating.
 oneday57
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/5/2016 6:24:13 AM
Its the chance you take as is meeting someone with good sight.....
 Maleman999
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/5/2016 8:24:21 AM

Some blind people can get around by themselves using a cane or with the use of a seeing eye dog.

That's fine if a blind person is going somewhere they are familiar with, that they have been to many times before, where they can visualize in their mind the route that must be taken to get from point A to point B and know of any obstacles and traffic lights along the way-and if it's within walking distance, even though the seeing eye dog's job is to avoid obstacles.

The information that's missing is how far is it to where they are going to meet up and how familiar is the location to the blind person. A seeing eye dog won't be much help if a person has to travel to the other side of town or anywhere else that's not close to home-especially if it's in an area or place they are not familiar with. Hopefully, the OP will post after they meet and let us know how it went.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/7/2016 8:52:14 AM
Soooo,
how did the date go?
 go_whale1
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/2/2016 11:36:19 PM
It turned out to be a fake and deleted her account.
 hemingway234
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/7/2016 11:13:29 AM
You'd better be real nice to the friend, lol
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I think I found somebody, Finally, but theres a problem.