Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > POF is Single Mother HQs      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 no_kids_please
Msg: 51
POF is Single Mother HQsPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
^
I'm not sure I get the the grammar or reference here(?). I will say if you're a Boomer, Meetup is a boon.
 lucidbarrier
Msg: 52
view profile
History
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 3/28/2016 2:14:59 AM

Excuse me for being a late starter! Christ, is it so bad wanting to have children?
Forgive me if I didn't exactly have the greatest success in finding a compatible woman for myself.
I have been at a disadvantage for most of my adult life, not the first one chosen.

You don't have to apologize for this. Why can't you get what you want? People will be the first to tell you never to settle but then in the next breath will tell you that you are being unrealistic.

I am kind of wanting the same thing. I was actually engaged and all that and it fell through. I know how you feel. I am 36 and having to start over and I view this sea of single mothers on here (at least in my area). Along the line of progression in my last relationship we started planning to have kids and I still want that. It sticks with you.

Best of luck to you in your search, I'll raise a glass to us oldies with no kids next time I am at the bar.
 loveisatemple
Msg: 53
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 3/28/2016 6:07:34 AM
Because...the pretty, thin, young, single childless, etc. women can do better, and they will. If all men target a certain ideal, naturally many will not be able to compete, i.e. have a mutual interest. Just shows you people want what they want, and seem quite unrealistic about it when their all fired desires are involved.
Unless, you go buy a bride in the 3rd world. That seems the mentality at play here anyway, "I deserve" and superficial, status consciousness.

I have seen decent, accomplished people, wanting their equal, but their equal wants somebody younger. Or wealthier, etc..Everybody looks for an upgrade but few probably can get it. At some point all you have are the average. At some point everybody becomes average in looks and income. All you have left is what is within.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 54
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 3/28/2016 6:37:36 AM
Maybe it comes from people being told how special they are by parents, passing in school even when they are dumber than a sack of dead kittens, no winners in team sports.
If there is a sea of single mothers on POF where exactly is the Ocean of baby daddies?
Prolly why women of a certain age are not interested in having another child with a guy going to bail.
Find a surrogate. Adopt.
 Maleman999
Msg: 55
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 3/28/2016 9:29:32 AM
^^^"If there is a sea of single mothers on POF where exactly is the Ocean of baby daddies?"

They're busy fishing for childless women.
 no_kids_please
Msg: 56
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 3/28/2016 10:40:47 AM

Dude, remember when you set up your profile you need to answer a question if you're willing to date somebody with children. If you select "no", it matches you with women who don't have children.

Oh, not even. All I get creeping my profiles (mainly Ok Cupid because POF blows and I'm not even trying anymore here) are 45+ women with kids. IMO, being childfree, my profile should be uttery invisible to single moms, just as it's invisible to gay guys or lesbians. The settings are useless.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 57
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 3/28/2016 11:20:51 AM
^ Are you sure you're childless? Maybe those are women you impregnated?
 no_kids_please
Msg: 58
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 3/28/2016 11:45:57 AM
I know where my schwantz has been. I've had my fair share of girlfriends, but I'm not such manslut that I'm forgetting anyone. Never even done a one night stand (despite the option). As far as I know, I've left no ex with child. They all knew I'd go halfsies on an abortion anyway.
 ndm147
Msg: 59
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 3/28/2016 4:50:04 PM
No_kids_ please not passing judgement on you. I believe you. Have no reason not to. But this is a true story and I know the man very well. While he was young he was playing the field so to speak. Then got married and had four kids. Then got divorced and soon after married another woman who he had two children with. He divorced her also. Years later a young woman claims him as her father, which was true. She was the product of a one night stand he had with her mother before he first got married. The woman he had the one night stand with went on to have three children with various men and none of them ever met their fathers, except for the daughter I mentioned who surfaced when she was a young adult.

The woman who had had the three children by different men just wanted to be a mother, minus the men. Her family was politically connected.
She was certainly not mainstream in her beliefs. The father of all seven children considers them all his own, to include the grandchildren they have produced. I know this story sounds wacky, but is true.

I really don't respect the father of these seven children any more ( for various other reasons) but I met all his adult children at a wedding and they seem grounded and well balanced.
 lucidbarrier
Msg: 60
view profile
History
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 3/29/2016 12:48:51 AM

Maybe it comes from people being told how special they are by parents, passing in school even when they are dumber than a sack of dead kittens, no winners in team sports.
If there is a sea of single mothers on POF where exactly is the Ocean of baby daddies?

They're busy fishing for childless women.

LOL
 usernonymous
Msg: 61
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 5/12/2016 5:15:03 AM
I'm curious, I think you can filter your search by age and distance, can you filter people by other ways?
 south_city
Msg: 62
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 5/13/2016 7:02:25 AM

This is another example why guys shouldn't hold off settling down and having kids until they're almost 40.

How would you know this is always the case though? Maybe they had GFs in their 20s and early 30s and the relationships ended for whatever reason(s).
 Peter_Hungus
Msg: 63
view profile
History
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 5/13/2016 3:49:05 PM

If there is a sea of single mothers on POF where exactly is the Ocean of baby daddies

That's the misunderstanding. There is not a baby daddy for every baby mama. If there was, there would be a equal amount of childless women as men on here lamenting the lack of childless partners.

What's happened is these alphas, playas, bad asses, whatever, are going around siring children with multiple women. So in the end 30% of men are impregnating 50% of women. This leaves a deficit of pristine women for childless men to court.

Making matters worse, as these women who made less then optimal reproductive decisions get older, they "mature" and exclude the former 30% of the male population they were previously attracted too deeming them incompatible with their new lifestyle. Now they want men with good prospects, preferably childless, while childless men with good prospects want childless women or are already married to a former childless woman.

See the conundrum?
 mdbco32
Msg: 64
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 5/13/2016 5:52:25 PM

I can't believe how many single mothers are on POF in my area!

Many single women with kids are single women with kids due to the high-level of lazy, half-assed men that exist in our society. Just remember that (should you decide to date a single parent) any man can provide sperm, but a legitimate man provides a father figure.
 south_city
Msg: 65
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 5/14/2016 12:34:04 PM
Being a single mom doesn't always mean the dad is not involved in the child's life. Sometimes a couple has kids and later splits up. While the mom may have primary custody, the dad may have the kids on weekends or 1-2 nights per week.
 hemingway234
Msg: 66
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 5/18/2016 12:04:29 PM
Kids are more little people to love you ;)

There are advantages to almost everything in life, if only you'd open your eyes and see.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 67
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 5/18/2016 12:18:40 PM

Many single women with kids are single women with kids due to the high-level of lazy, half-assed men that exist in our society.

Actually, to be more precise, many single women with kids are single women with kids due to GETTING INVOLVED with too many of the high-level of lazy, half-assed men that exist in our society.
The kids don't just pop out of nowhere.

There are advantages to almost everything in life, if only you'd open your eyes and see.

I know what you mean.
I can definitely SEE the advantages of me winning the lottery.
 DreamMaker1982
Msg: 68
view profile
History
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 5/31/2016 12:08:13 PM
I hear you. You can do an advanced search on POF though and specify you only want to see women who don't have kids. You'll get a ton of options. I do agree though that it does seem that it's the norm for women to have kids on POF. But it makes sense given that they probably don't have a ton of time to go out and meet people and find more success with online dating.

You can always move abroad too. Eastern Europe is filled with women in their 30s who don't have any kids.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 69
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 6/1/2016 5:11:13 AM
People really need to start thinking of this differently. Instead of shaming single mothers, we should be shaming married ones. It was decided a long time ago that single motherhood was the way forward. It's the married ones that are woefully out of line. A single mother is a single mother because she is supposed to be. National governments are built around them. All mothers should be single mothers.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 70
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 6/4/2016 10:44:59 AM
^ Never - ever - use two condoms at once.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 71
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 6/4/2016 10:47:16 AM
A thimble is bullet proof.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 72
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 6/4/2016 10:49:46 AM
^ Not a bad idea in theory, but if it's too big it will come off.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 73
view profile
History
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 1/27/2017 12:53:26 AM
^^^ Women who CLAIM they have no kids. After a date, you find out:
-- Oh, they live with their dad, grandparents
-- Had kids, gave them up to adoption, or they were taken away by social services
-- "I couldn't change the setting in POF" - begging the question, why did they LIE to begin with?
-- I only have them every-other weekend
-- multiple dogs, cats, or both 3++, all attention on those "babies"
 Nestaron
Msg: 74
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 1/27/2017 9:14:54 AM
Why would anyone be surprised at this place full of them regardless where you are from. I would find it more surprising if it was HQ for women with no children. It's not like you have a choice but to talk to single mother nowadays, if a person is in 30-40s and no kids you have to wonder as to why. I am trying to think of any person I knew who wasn't a parent by 27 I am at a loss here, most were parents before their 20s.
 cindi_rella
Msg: 75
POF is Single Mother HQs
Posted: 1/27/2017 9:47:45 AM
^^Very judgemental of you Nestaron. Not everyone wants or likes children or is able to have children.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > POF is Single Mother HQs