Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Should I simply give up on dating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 83austin83
Msg: 26
Should I simply give up on dating?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I actually do believe in Catholic beliefs and try to use Catholic teachings to guide my life. To me that is far more important than attending mass every single week and then not following any of it afterwards. I work on Sundays so it's not easy for me to attend mass regularly. I don't pretend I am a perfect Catholic by any means, I am not, but I do try my best.

Are you all trying to say you don't think the hook up culture will work for me? Will I help my cause by taking PUA classes?
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 27
Should I simply give up on dating?
Posted: 3/9/2016 11:11:07 AM

Are you all trying to say you don't think the hook up culture will work for me? Will I help my cause by taking PUA classes?

If you follow what Comma White, I and a few others write on these forums, you may never have to dish out the hundreds of dollars that the PUA programs want to vampire out of you.
 Chromis1
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2016 11:11:48 AM

I actually do believe in Catholic beliefs and try to use Catholic teachings to guide my life ... I don't pretend I am a perfect Catholic by any means, I am not, but I do try my best.

I've got dibs on this. I'm submitting this entry for 2016 "Most Incongruent Post of the Year".
 kj521
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/9/2016 11:12:31 AM
"Are you all trying to say you don't think the hook up culture will work for me? Will I help my cause by taking PUA classes?"

Not me. I say ONSs are definitely for you.

And PUA classes? Nothing ventured...nothing gained! Go for it!
 call_me_tater
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/9/2016 11:14:41 AM

I actually do believe in Catholic beliefs and try to use Catholic teachings to guide my life.

No, you don't.
You didn't know that premarital sex and vasectomies (birth control) are the 2 biggest no no's of the religion.
That tells me you have no understanding of Catholicism.
Google it for a better understanding.

Instead of taking PUA classes, find a good therapist to deal with your issues. You have a lot of them.
We can all see your posting history :/
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2016 11:14:54 AM
Bwahahaha!

I think what we have here is a fundamental problem with thought processes. I think I nailed it in my first post.

Bizarre!

Also . . . text book examples for unintentional irony.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/9/2016 11:23:34 AM

Instead of taking PUA classes, find a good therapist to deal with your issues. You have a lot of them.

I think many men would do much better with women if instead they read the following books and use it for their personal life.

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
How to win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Create your own destiny by Patrick Snow

The biggest aphrodisiac, more powerful that looks, money and power (yet many that have looks, money and power understand this), is to have balls. In other words the ability to project confidence and that whether you fail or win is not what matter, but trying and continue to try. Which means that the biggest winners have also been those that lost a lot and kept trying.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/9/2016 11:24:02 AM
"LOL! Dude, you'll need a different religion. Time to give up on the Catholicism thing. "

I agree, you might consider being " spiritual " where you don't have to follow a bunch of fear mongering rules that some guys wrote a couple thousand years ago who were probably laughing their asses off in the process.
 sactownromantic
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/9/2016 11:25:25 AM
OP,

Don't listen to the naysayers, especially the one that says you need a therapist. You're 34, go out and sow your oats. You have to meet several women before you can find the right one for you. Just be careful and don't feel guilty about it, guilt is what the Catholic faith(and other Christian sects) is based on.
 83austin83
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/9/2016 11:32:11 AM

No, you don't.
You didn't know that premarital sex and vasectomies (birth control) are the 2 biggest no no's of the religion.
That tells me you have no understanding of Catholicism.
Google it for a better understanding.

And who the heck made you God? Last time I checked the only one capable of judging me is God himself. In fact there's the Catholic saying "do not judge other lest you be judged", so in a way you have just sinned yourself. The difference between you and me is I understand I am not perfect, you on the other hand seem to think you are some perfect Catholic.
 Chromis1
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2016 11:33:45 AM

You're 34, go out and sow your oats. Just be careful and don't feel guilty about it, guilt is what the Catholic faith(and other Christian sects) is based on.

No, no, no! Not guilt. Suffering. Get your religions straight. The JEWISH faith is based on guilt. Sheesh!

IG: Huh? What?

Tater: Uh-oh! You're on the highway to Hell.
 83austin83
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/9/2016 11:36:45 AM
And who the heck made you God? Last time I checked the only one capable of judging me is God himself. In fact there's the Catholic saying "do not judge other lest you be judged", so in a way you have just sinned yourself. The difference between you and me is I understand I am not perfect, you on the other hand seem to think you are some perfect Catholic.

I went to Catholic school for 12 years (grade and high school) and had the four major sacraments that all Catholics will have in their life (since the other three depend on the individual and their life situation). But what would I know about Catholicism right?
 Chromis1
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2016 11:41:20 AM

I went to Catholic school for 12 years (grade and high school) and had the four major sacraments that all Catholics will have in their life

Excellent. Then you know all about the confessional. Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. I pumped and dumped four women last week. And I skipped an installment payment on my PUA class.

That'll probably get you about four or five rosaries. Don't forget to wear knee pads.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/9/2016 12:19:38 PM

In fact there's the Catholic saying "do not judge other lest you be judged",
Then you would know that isn't a "Catholic Saying"...
It's from the Bible: Matthew 7:1, Luke 6:37.
Ugh
But obviously you spent your parochial education elsewhere because you would have known that. And you would know Catholics don't own the Bible.

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. I pumped and dumped four women last week. And I skipped an installment payment on my PUA class.
That'll probably get you about four or five rosaries. Don't forget to wear knee pads.

Haha
Nobody gets off that easy. "First, the details, my son."
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2016 12:32:05 PM
I still trying to figure out how a guy who shoots blanks becomes magically more confident, sexy (and less contagious?) than a guy with a couple condoms in his back pocket.

I suppose going to confession on a regular basis helps keep cure viruses as well as impure thoughts?

Vasectomy scars are sexy - just make sure you show them off - even if they don't ask. ;)

OP, You're trying to play a head game with the wrong head. Confidence - just like orgasms - happens between the ears, not between the legs. Online dating IS ALWAYS a game of long odds, and getting fixed won't really change that. It's the attitude you take into the game, not the equipment you are playing with.
 83austin83
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/9/2016 12:35:31 PM
Haha yes I know all about confession. Now given I haven't gone to confession in probably 4 or 5 years so needless to say it would be a long session, lol.

Sweet Danimal because condoms never fail right? Oh that's right, tell that to one of my friends who got a girl pregnant and now has child support payments. He used a condom that night, it failed. Is it that hard to believe that someone who doesn't want kids would want a more secure way than a condom? I would still use a condom to prevent getting an STD but using a condom along with getting a vasectomy means I can truly have sex with no worries. That alone will bring me more confidence.
 kj521
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/9/2016 12:44:09 PM
^^^^^So....go do it already. You don't need our approval.

Or....did you just like all the attention you got from us in tennis thread?

It's okay....you can admit it. ;)
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2016 12:45:25 PM

I would still use a condom to prevent getting an STD but using a condom along with getting a vasectomy means I can truly have sex with no worries. That alone will bring me more confidence.

No worries? Think again. A girlfriend who gets psychotic when drunk, or has a psychotic boyfriend they lied about, or someone who fakes their age, or income, their marital status, or a million other lines of BS people use to get laid - getting fixed doesn't make you immune from ANY of that crap. You could wear a half dozen condoms if you want. A smart head on your shoulders will always protect you better than even a bulletproof one between your legs.

A vasectomy isn't a magic shield that protects you from the rest of the world - it's more about protecting the rest of the world FROM you.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2016 12:47:03 PM
. . .

and his offspring.

It's kind of a self-awarded Darwin Award.
 83austin83
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/9/2016 1:39:02 PM
Those are all good points if we were talking about girlfriends. How would those be in play for a one night stand? The only scenario I could think of would be a boyfriend she didn't tell you about, I agree on that. I will say though I think it makes sex a whole lot less complicated.

So what would you recommend, I'm assuming you think I should just continue using condoms and not get the vasectomy?
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2016 2:02:30 PM

So what would you recommend, I'm assuming you think I should just continue using condoms and not get the vasectomy?

Always have condoms handy. Always. That's not a strategy - that's just common sense. Back pocket, glove compartment, tucked your sock, whatever.

I think you gotta start dating WITHOUT sex. Seriously. Stop thinking about getting laid. Enjoy the company of the woman. Enjoy the conversation. Enjoy holding each other WITHOUT trying to figure out how to get to second base. Not only accept the fact you may be going home alone tonight - be WILLING to do so.

The spot on a woman's body that drives her insane with passion - is her mind. It's not about having sex that makes her 'sexy' - it's the idea that they know you want it, despite being a gentleman who won't push it. It gives women that respect, that kind of confidence that is the best aphrodisiac. Just keep in mind, you still need to have compatibility in other aspects of your relationship, or you won't even get close enough for a kiss.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/9/2016 2:24:00 PM
You should only have one night stands with, and casually "bang" good Catholic girls..that should ensure you still get to heaven..follow your Catholic beliefs and teachings.
I hear it's not a sin if you do her in the bum..? Or oral?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2016 4:06:43 PM
You know by now that waiting around for a gal to message you first is not likely to happen. You have only met four women and no chemistry, that is normal I would say. If you are looking to make yourself sterile then you wont attract women who are wanting families. Being sterile does not mean you don't use protection though. If you can get women that want to sleep around and just have sex, then go for it. A sure way to STDs.

broncobilly07
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/9/2016 4:35:24 PM
Sjdirifhfksnfie kdiehdb kdi3
 ndm147
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/9/2016 4:36:20 PM
I am going to the theological debate on here. I grew up a Catholic. Now I attend an nondenominational church. The pastor who runs it is a Baptist. He had a vasectomy. Baptists are a very conservative group by and large. Church attendance has been slipping for years. Catholics do use birth control and make up their own minds about how many children they want, what kind of birth control they use.

Get your vasectomy if that is what you want. Go for it.

I am spiritual but not religious. My pastor told me that while Catholics christian their children at birth, no where in the bible does it say this is proper protocol. Are Catholics wrong? Last week I asked him at bible study if aethiests and agnostics get into heaven. He was not sure.

Get your vasectomy if you want it, but don't expect that being sterile is going to make women flock to you. You are not a disciple, but merely a mortal man!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Should I simply give up on dating?