Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Should I simply give up on dating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 76
Should I simply give up on dating?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
^quote¸. Condoms on their own are 98% effective in preventing pregnancy. `

WHEN used `correctly`

in real life people often do not take a full minute or 2 to properly open and roll it on, often it`s done ìn the heat of the moment`

possibly the guy tries to `sneak`one on, he doesn`t want to open the package and put in on in full view of his partner

this is especially true in the ONS situation..

real life effectiveness more like 85-90%
 gtomustang
Msg: 77
Should I simply give up on dating?
Posted: 3/11/2016 3:44:33 PM
"They delivered my doll to the neighbor and the neighbor signed for it. I'm embarrassed to ask for it back..."

>>>gosh, the first known case of a blow up doll being so realistic, she ran off with another guy. Shoulda gotten the sex doll for terrorists...its blows itself up. Meanwhile, I thought Whatsa's photo was of her singing in the shower...

thank goodness, I don't have to worry about condoms breaking or putting them on wrong, my personality seems to do the trick pretty well. always a good skill to acquire....
 yougotmeakitten
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/11/2016 4:04:02 PM
For the bias opinion, I am Catholic by a few years... read that as not raised to be guilty but repressed. lol Didn't work. Anyways, my understanding from the Pope is, he supports RESPONSIBLE PARENTHOOD and CONDOMS OK due to AIDS/HIV transmission.

Have looked up documentation but am kind of off the beam health wise. Will post doc. soon.

*gone to bed*
LePew
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2016 5:03:11 PM
caballerosie
I agree with you and I guess alcohol plays a part in the ONS very often and they are not thinking clearly. I have had guys protest about using condoms and even one who tried to pull it off mid action.... selfishness to the extreme.
My motto, "no balloon, no party" and there are no 100% guarantees even then.
You don't have to be religion indoctrinated to use commonsense.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2016 6:06:47 PM

I have had guys protest about using condoms and even one who tried to pull it off mid action.... selfishness to the extreme.

Naw, he was being Very unselfish! He knows it feels better for you and just trying to make it feel better -- just for you! ;)
 bamagrl68
Msg: 81
Posted: 3/11/2016 6:22:14 PM
83austin83- You are really asking two questions.
1) What do you do about your lack of success on POF? That is up to you. I will say that I can relate. I have been here 5 years and counting. I've had a few dates, two second dates and so far, no third dates. In between, there has been a lot of bs.
OLD is FULL of players, cheaters, liars, crazies, flakes, etc. You have to be willing to be VERY patient and grow and VERY think skin to stay with OLD.
I am still out trying IRL and I retain the most hope for IRL. Get out and live your life, OLD is only ONE way to meet people. Most importantly do NOT take this process to heart. I know I am a good person and if you know that about yourself, then give ownership of bs to the people who responsible, the ones on here playing around, not you!
2) What do you do after your vasectomy/if you only find women IRL.
You are talking as if YOU are going to become the player.
Come on now, if you do that, you just ALLOWED yourself to become what you are complaining about, DON'T do that. Just because you can not make a baby, does not mean you should become a man whore (and yes, they exist). You can STILL get an STD!
Don't let other people have the power to make you become something you KNOW you don't want to be out of frustration.
I get it, I really do, but I will DIE before I become like people I loath.
OLD might not be for you, and that's fine.
The only one who really knows IS you, so do some soul searching and do what ever YOU need to do to be happy and DO it! (well just not the random hook up, Aids kills)
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 82
Posted: 3/11/2016 6:26:11 PM

Naw, he was being Very unselfish! He knows it feels better for you and just trying to make it feel better -- just for you! ;)

What you're saying is falling on deaf ears. Women just don't appreciate a nice guy :(
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 83
Posted: 3/12/2016 7:16:23 AM
A woman speaks the truth.

Hallelujah!
 Aprilovesrosasblancas
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/12/2016 11:05:03 AM
Op, you have a strange way of reasoning.
Let's take a look of what you wrote in your profile versus what you posted on the forum.

# 1 - your profile:....Overall I'm looking for someone who is ready for a serious relationship. I'm over the bar/club scene. If you are simply looking for a hook up I am not your guy.

# 2- forum post:...I just had my consultation appointment for a vasectomy and hope to get the procedure done in the next few weeks so that I can be sterile. At that point I could just go to the bars and clubs and have random sex with anyone with no chance of having kids. Would it not be better if we all cut out the pretenses and just slept around and had sex?

You are very confused and need to be careful with what you do to yourself at that young age, of course you can always do the vasectomy reversal but I believe it is not a good solution just because you want to avoid having children.
How to prevent sexual diseases should be your first concern.
People who become infected with HIV are not so welcome for a relationship, remember that.!!

If I do decide to still try the whole "relationship" thing do you think a vasectomy would be a deal breaker for a lot of women? For the women on here, would you date someone who had had a vasectomy?

I think it wouldn't be a deal breaker because as I said, you can always do the vasectomy reversal........but still you should..........Think........and think....and think.......before you do that.

PS
You shouldn't be so afraid having a child, because a child gives meaning to our life , if you are a good dad taking care and giving love to that child while growing, then in old age when we/you need the most, you’ll always have that "seed" that came out of your own body next to you, saying “hi dad"..:):)
 QuirkyTeacher
Msg: 85
Posted: 3/12/2016 9:48:09 PM

I mean lets be honest, sex is a big reason we go into relationships. Would it not be better if we all cut out the pretenses and just slept around and had sex?

If this is how you see the world, it's quite possible that you give off that vibe. I don't think women who are seeking a serious relationship have the same views.

I haven't been sexually active in years and want to start having sex again.

...or maybe the women you date are just sensing the desperation and it turns them off.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2016 1:24:05 AM
The sad reality is that most guys who can't get date or form relationships are not going to be able to find anyone willing to have random sex with them either.

AIR DOLL is a wonderful film by Kore-Eda, in which an inflatable pleasure doll in Tokyo suddenly comes to life - as a beautiful, human-seeming blow-up doll. She then gets a very unusual look at the Great Existential Questions from a slightly different viewpoint.

Discussing the classic with a cinema friend two days ago left me with a memory that prompts me to note another important difference between a real, live woman and a manufactured simulacrum: real women clean themselves up after.

ED BEAR (where's that running-away icon when I need it?)
 yougotmeakitten
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/13/2016 2:42:29 PM
^^^^ ED BEAR

Discussing the classic with a cinema friend two days ago left me with a memory that prompts me to note another important difference between a real, live woman and a manufactured simulacrum: real women clean themselves up after

You now owe me a screen/ keyboard cleaning to get the coffee out of it! I refuse to do this one on my own. HA!

Le Pew
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/14/2016 12:41:38 PM
Please do women a favor and take yourself out of the market, you just want to see how many buns you can stick your hot dog in, and "ain't nobody got time for that".
 revoskeepnus
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2016 1:57:44 PM
you should date me. and wait on the snipping i want a girl.
 irishgirl772
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/14/2016 3:19:30 PM

guys who can't get a date or form relationships are not going to be able to find anyone willing to have random sex with
them either

Agree with this. Having a vasectomy isnt going to make him more appealing to women if he isnt now.
 south_city
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/16/2016 7:19:47 AM

guys who can't get a date or form relationships are not going to be able to find anyone willing to have random sex with
them either

I disagree. Decent looking men can find women to have casual sex with if these women largely only care about looks. But the same men can have problems with getting into a serious relationship because of personality or there simply wasn't compatibility with the women he went on dates with.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2016 11:52:36 AM

Please do women a favor and take yourself out of the market, you just want to see how many buns you can stick your hot dog in, and "ain't nobody got time for that".

Oh, in POF-land, I think there's more than a few profiles across the countries where some folks do have time for that. :)
 hemingway234
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/17/2016 11:46:23 AM
One night stands would make things worse, not better..... it raises the chance of spreading disease and heartbreak.

And if you want a relationship, be aware that most women want kids.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2016 5:39:55 PM
That's your business if you want to go the vasectomy route. I'm still waiting for any women to ask me if I had one. (I'm nearing the thirty year mark)

As for dating, chances are that you possess the the same ability to sell yourself to women, as I do.

What really irks me, is that many of my female friends think very highly of me. At first, I was just there taking up space. After a period of time, they found out I wasn't all talk. I backed up everything I ever said. It came as a huge surprise to them. For me, it's just taking care of business.

Now, should we learn to sell ourselves better? As for myself, I'd prefer not to. Previous experiences with just about everything, has told me that a great sales pitch means the item in question isn't worth a dam. You'd think that women would have learned that by now. I doubt it. Many choose to not take a chance with me. I, in turn believe that if they won't, then they weren't worth wasting my time over.
 gtomustang
Msg: 95
Posted: 3/17/2016 5:55:24 PM
its funny how doing the right thing, in these days of infantizing our adult children, is seen as unusual instead of usual. people are surprised to find someone who actually follows thru, after I suppose years of companies and politicians selling us promises. As for selling ourselves to women, its easy to become a "Try hard". men make the mistake of making a list of things they offer, and women not being impressed by it--there's no feelings or emotions in there. some times, the fellow with lousy impulse control who does what he wants is b/c he's a slave to his emotions is....the bad boy they are looking for.

certain adults remain childlike in their focus. they want what feels good. if they can avoid getting in trouble for not being realistic in life, if they can get by not having to pay the bills...then they will. then again, a woman who buys tires for her car before she buys makeup...might not get our immediate attention. A woman who worries about how much we men can provide isn't considered practical for doing so, but a gold digger instead. it cuts both ways.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2016 11:31:36 PM
we simply cant generalise about people, good looking whatever, or not. the good looking guy gets more choices and chances in life probably and can take advantage of that. The shorter, less attractive guy usually has to work harder to impress and may appreciate what he has, more.
However psychopaths can be good looking, charismatic and charming and the ugly little guy can be ugly inside as well. We cant pigeonhole humans and that is what makes life interesting IMO.
>
 ebolakitty
Msg: 97
Posted: 3/23/2016 2:20:57 AM
With that said, at this point is it really even worth it anymore?
No, it isn't worth it. You should give up on it because the rest of the world has given up on it. Dating was just a method of assigning excess women to undesirable men. It has no real use anymore and that is why most people of both sexes are dissatisfied with it. Desirable men don't have to date. Women throw themselves at them.

When I say. "give up", I mean the random sex too. A vasectomy is all well and good but you are getting it for the wrong reasons. You bought a pig in a poke. Return it unopened. Learning a few PUA skills may very well get you laid once in a while but they will never make you desirable. Some lonely women will accept your sterile semen but they will never desire you as a man.
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/23/2016 5:48:18 AM
Do not get a vasectomy. You will be more likely to get prostate cancer if you get one. Other posters already mentioned the risk of STDs.

Some people believe you're more likely to meet the right one after you stop trying.
 Maleman999
Msg: 99
Posted: 3/23/2016 6:47:05 AM

Some people believe you're more likely to meet the right one after you stop trying.

How exactly does that work? If someone wants a job or a better job, should they stop trying to get that because they're more likely to get that by not trying? There are cases where two people meet unexpectedly because they both happen to be in the right place at the right time under the right circumstances, but that has nothing to do with giving up dating by conventional means, and has more to do with luck. Compare that to the number of people who found love by making an effort to find it. I always go out and about, mingling with the masses, not expecting to find the love of my life or even thinking about it, but that special One has never stepped in front of me. Is there a time limit to finding the right one by not trying?
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 100
Posted: 3/23/2016 7:03:40 AM
If they could only see my heart...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Should I simply give up on dating?