Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do you hide your political affiliation on dates?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Seki1949
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Do you hide your political affiliation on dates?Page 10 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

How long did it take for Women to get the right to vote? The 19th Amendment was first introduced in Congress in 1878 and was ratified In 1920. That was a long, long time. 42 years.

Actually most women had the right to vote before the 19th Amendment was ratified. The 19th amendment forced the issue on the minority hold out states.
 Seki1949
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Do you hide your political affiliation on dates?
Posted: 3/31/2017 1:38:27 PM
Today (03/31) is Cesar Chavez's birthday and it's a state holiday here in California.

Today on the news disturbing images of mobs of masked pro-Trump supporters disrupting peaceful Cesar Chavez parades and beating individual marchers.

Oppps, my bad, never happened . . .
 U21984
Msg: 228
Posted: 3/31/2017 3:02:49 PM
Look at my profile.
Esp my photos. One of them, anyway.
THAT'S the way to express your political affiliation.
 missrightright
Msg: 229
Posted: 4/1/2017 8:29:35 PM
Before the 2016 election, I would have said I wouldn't bother mention it, but now I would. Emotions run high on the topic of politics right now, and I'm not sure that's a fight I want to have with my partner.
 hedgehoghouse
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2017 2:55:02 PM
so true......... always give a representation of truth. If you are an actress say so. If you are a pilgrim say so. If you are a criminal say so.
be honest about all the important facts.
be honest about your intentions too.
Be honest if you only want a one night stand.
So many delude and deceive, some even get more literate friends to write their profiles.
That's deception too, it shows a person who is literate, verses a person who isn't.
Some people work hard to tell porkies about themselves to win a date.
 moraima
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2017 3:05:49 PM
Thank God I live in a country where political affiliations have no more important than do you have a cat or a dog.

The other day an a**hole said, " the women all like Justin just because he is pretty". I responded with "PET was ugly, but still got my vote".
Guess the guy was always jealous of better looking men than he. Must say that is probably the only ad sternest political conversation I have ever had on a date in this country.

I wouldn't be able to tolerate living a country that got so crazy about politics (race, religion, sexually preference etc.)

So much easier just not to have to go there.
 U21984
Msg: 233
Posted: 7/16/2017 3:07:43 PM
All the Trump Haters have gone Bezerk! lol
 newstart1949
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2017 7:29:41 PM
It does seem that in today's world it really matters whether you are a conservative or liberal.
In my profile I do have that I am a conservative patriot which I feel does discourage the liberals.
Yet what do you do with you realize you have been talking to a liberal who dishes the conservatives.
Would it be better to tell them or just stop communicating .
 gtomustang
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2017 4:57:19 AM
if both parties had provided better candidates, then we could continue to not make politics matter. but America is polarized now, so few would believe a first date who claims, "I don't have a stance"...or might wonder at the intellectual curiosity of someone who really doesn't pay attention to the news and has an opinion of what they see. is there still room for a couple like Mary Matalin/ James Carville? Only if they live together alone from their friends :)

considering both sides now, link political choice to intelligence levels, not just social or economic levels, I don't think it hurts to tell someone their political opinions are incompatable with your own. will our views on politics be changing any year soon? I just don't see it. why duck that elephant in the room for the next decade? there's other fish in the sea.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2017 4:11:36 PM
Better to get all "that stuff" out of the way and not insult other people over their beliefs.
 activemelaney
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2017 5:53:09 PM
Meh...I rarely listen to ideologues or fanatic religious folks. None of the guys I've been involved with were either. It's not so much the ideas that would turn me off as much as that 'strong' black and white beliefs in any area say more about a man's personality and his inability to understand that the world is not simplistic. . I voted for Trump but acknowledge he's a narcissistic a-hole. I also acknowledge that many intelligent people voted for Clinton.

Anyways, I dont hide anything. Its just not a subject of conversation.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2017 9:03:26 PM

Actually most women had the right to vote before the 19th Amendment was ratified.

There was a lot of minimal rights to vote, though. Mostly the western states allowed all-out voting for women -- and most of it cropped up shortly before it was ratified, because it was pretty much a gimmie just several years before it did. And it wasn't just a few hold-out states -- but a large minority. A minority of states (15) only had Full rights to vote right before it was ratified. Here's something interesting though about back in those times (From knowledgenuts.com):

Being a woman was a double-edged sword. Those in favor of women having a vote and a voice deemed them the holders of the highest morals, and the best for steering the country in a direction that would benefit all. On the other side of the coin were those that disagreed with movements whose supporters were mostly women—namely, the temperance movement—and attempted to paint a picture of irresponsible women whose voice was best heard in the home.

Thank God I live in a country where political affiliations have no more important than do you have a cat or a dog.

Yeah, you guys have that going for ya. In the US, you have party over country. Party becomes tradition for many -- especially on the right (which a large section is about traditionalism in general). In the US, much of the time, it's not directly about party -- but more indirectly, as it's about hating the other. :) The defense of being loyal to a party from an ideaological standpoint -- from what's been explained and observed -- is that, sure, you can point out flaws in what "we" say trying to shoot down the other party's X/Y/Z proposal, when, given just a few tweaks, it's actually kinda decent. But THEY'LL get credit for it, and THAT is not good for the country, as THEY will get more votes in elections. Hence, "we" have to shoot down what they propose -- and no, "we" don't want to tweak it to become good IF it makes "them" look better.

That's pretty much what it's come to.
 spot4username
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2017 5:45:32 AM
From the first time I ever registered I have always been listed as no affiliation. I would not hide how I feel about politics or anything else for that matter.
 from site to sight
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2017 7:53:56 AM

And live in a country where everybody has access to health care, instead of trying to change the system where millions could be denied health care. In other countries, health care is a right. In the U.S., health care is a privilege.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2017 8:35:38 AM
The Republican tude seems to be that because some abuse the system then let's punish the ones who actually need assistance so that our billionaire heros can have even more money
 Hank7865
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2017 9:54:22 AM
Please put a shirt on

This ain't a spa
 spot4username
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2017 10:04:14 AM
^^^^^^
Damn. How did you know?

*puts a shirt on*
 meowzing
Msg: 244
Posted: 8/2/2017 12:08:16 PM
One republican view is help those that are here LEGALLY, so there will be the money to do so. It has nothing to do with the abuses of the system. Its pretty sad when an American Veteran serves their country, ends up homeless, lives in a box, and someone here illegally gets help through more programs, more funding, and more private groups.

That's what I see as *vcked up.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 245
Posted: 8/2/2017 12:20:25 PM

One republican view is help those that are here LEGALLY, so there will be the money to do so.

But unfortunalty the majority republican view is to bankrupt the country with lies and derp about illegal immigration while filling up your hotels with foreign workers.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 246
Posted: 8/2/2017 1:45:37 PM
I had to look to see what ppl were speaking of...
Wonder if the moochie or whatever his nick is got a buyout
 gtomustang
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2017 4:17:34 PM
"its pretty sad when an American vet serves their country, and gets hosed"

>>it is. The organizations that are supposed to help them, should not have their funding cut by certain politicians.

"Last week, the House Appropriations Subcommittee marked up the 2016 Veterans Affairs funding bill, and slashed more than $1.4 billion from the president’s requested budget for America’s Veterans. Today, VA Secretary Bob McDonald appeared before the Senate Appropriations Committee to discuss that budget proposal.
While some may argue this is not a drastic move, every cut and rescission of funds has real-world implications for Veterans across the country. Here are three ways these proposed congressional cuts will adversely affect the quality of care and services provided to Veterans next year if they are not reversed:

http://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/19356/how-1-4-billion-in-budget-cuts-will-impact-veterans/
http://www.politicususa.com/2015/04/29/obama-stands-veterans-vowing-veto-gop-bill-cut-benefits-70000-vets.html

And now we have vets who aren't American citizens, they joined to serve, and now have to worry about ICE and DHS throwing them out of the country:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/02/21/bill-would-slow-us-veteran-deportations.html

As for the individual vet ending up homeless, sometimes the problem is they are self-medicating against PTSD, or have a criminal record, and regulations keep those people from getting help. sometimes its for the safety of other residents, sometimes its just b/c one of the political parties has a vendetta against drug use.
 meowzing
Msg: 248
Posted: 8/4/2017 7:18:54 PM
^Yes, but even illegals can get the health care they need through private programs for addicts, while many of our Veterans cant even take a shower. Its one big *vck up. The father of my kids was a nam vet, and we had a heck of a time getting him the help he needed through the VA. It was always a fight, a 12 hour wait or more, only to have to return yet again to wait some more. With the money that is being spent with our tax dollars on government assistance programs for illegals, shouldn't most of it be spent on those that served THIS nation? I see way more than I need to with this next generation of veterans. Many of them are the future homeless, and the cycle needs to stop.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2017 8:34:31 PM
Agreed that we do not do enough for our veterans, but I am not blaming "illegals." Veterans have been getting the short end of the stick for years. Our leaders talk a good game about how we honor our enlisted men and women, but where the rubber meets the road.....lots of road....little rubber.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 250
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2017 8:45:46 PM
of course I hide the fact that I care about people that are suffering lest I look like a softie, caring about my fellow man is for p ussies
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do you hide your political affiliation on dates?