Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do you hide your political affiliation on dates?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Inicia
Msg: 276
Do you hide your political affiliation on dates?Page 12 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
Yeah, just a date, but , an enjoyable excursion- people share. You enjoy your dates the way you want, and i will enjoy mine as I want. Ever heard" oh its just a joke" At my age and with my numerous experiences- i know what constitute enjoyment for me, I have found that I can be compatible with many people, and often as I stated in previous post, because they were hiding their potential as narrow-minded bigots- had extended relationships- so, no, i do not want to play- pretend- whoo whoo fun- and enjoyable footsies, because it is so fun, parties in it hide until they switch out to someone more similar in other ways. Trip the wire, flippin the switch,blow it up if it has no chance of real contribution to my life.. that's my motto.. I am not desperate to find someone- a side dish as a great compliment to my life and me as a side dish in their life sure. Even for dating. And if this strategy knocks all my possible dates right off the table of cards so of course nothing more can develop- that is good too. It is nice to know where people stand. Everyone can do whatever they want for their dating strategy.. I Do not want to even spend one minute of my time on even a date, with people who have such a negative reaction to my core fundamental beliefs! do i enjoy discourse and internet mind entertainment sure..But in my personal life I do not wish to share even a second of myself . I am probably a flasher at heart, as this self exposure is very enjoyable, And I know from the reaction to my self exposure they have no desire to spend one second with me. It is working fabulously for me
 DarkjujuEmpath
Msg: 277
Do you hide your political affiliation on dates?
Posted: 8/29/2017 8:49:00 AM
I am sorry but I do not casual or seriously date people who's political views are foreign from mine.
 BigxCountryx
Msg: 280
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2017 12:45:46 AM
understandable
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2017 9:05:56 AM

I have found that I can be compatible with many people, and often as I stated in previous post, because they were hiding their potential as narrow-minded bigots- had extended relationships- so, no, i do not want to play- pretend- whoo whoo fun- and enjoyable footsies, because it is so fun, parties in it hide until they switch out to someone more similar in other ways.

Yeah, but, you can enjoy it without knowing the true "inner" them. Instead of crossing your arms and looking them up and down rubbing your chin the whole time (so to speak; mentally) during the first several dates -- which ruins the mood -- you just roll with it and have fun IF it's like that. Kind of like being on a long vacation out somewhere and you meet a guy and hang out with him. Or someone out of your age range but you're not looking for a relationship -- that sort of thing. But instead, you Kick it Off just enjoying it that way. Not something if you're husband hunting, and some people can't do it because that's what they want... or if they do this, they'll develop deep feelings and can't help it, thus, they'll want to know them deeply.

I am not desperate to find someone- a side dish as a great compliment to my life and me as a side dish in their life sure. Even for dating.

Then that's great. Then you should be in the boat of not needing to know how they really tick, then, to just enjoy dates with guys you mesh with -- without a rush to go "Okay, how is he REALLY? (tapping fingers on the table)".

I Do not want to even spend one minute of my time on even a date, with people who have such a negative reaction to my core fundamental beliefs!

Sure, if there's some big Clash -- like, "Oh. Yeah, he was great. It was fun as hell. But I shouldn't enjoy dates so much, even when my aim is just them being a side dish... because I found out he cheered on 911 and wants to do one himself." Okay, got it. :) But you can get basics out of the way -- general demographics, quite quickly. Doesn't mean you couldn't end up having strong differences in things that'd probably kill a relationship -- but if you're not aiming for that, and just to have fun -- don't get into the stuff. Maybe if you Start to develop Real feelings, then you get into it later at that point, but until then -- as you say -- enjoy the side dish, once you weed out (via online messages prior to meeting) that they're not in the solid Opposite direction of you on X/Y/Z that'd instantly turn ya off.
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 282
Posted: 11/30/2017 3:57:10 PM
I never told anyone that I voted for Trump and I will still Vote for Trump for 2020. but I will tell no-one. Not even you the reader
 ohenryx
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2017 7:24:07 AM
I can play footsies with anyone that I find attractive. But if they open their mouth up front and reveal themselves to be narrow minded bigots, then I no longer find them attractive, therefore …

I have dated women with opposing political views, and we just agreed to not discuss politics. Hell, I have friends who are conservative Republicans, and we can even debate about political issues. But since this last election cycle, I have had to drop a few “used to be friends”. Most of the Republicans I know are intelligent people, and if you mention Trump, they get an embarrassed look and change the subject. Those few who actually support him, well…
 HawkingJr
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2017 2:57:14 PM
http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/politics/state/dating-new-york-trump/

As suggested by this article, men are much more likely to “hide” their political leanings than women. Because, quite frankly, they’re much more likely to hide just about any and everything "negative" in order to avoid being rejected by women they find attractive. I consider this to be related to the crazy/attractive matrix concept: the more attractive a woman is, the more willing a man is to tolerate her insanity. Similarly, the more attractive a woman is, the more likely a man is to tolerate whatever political leanings she may have that are counter to his. That’s why there are so many men in this thread and in that article that are quite puzzled by women’s rejection of them simply for their political leanings – most men already don’t care much about a woman’s personality when it comes to dating them, so they don’t understand why women would be “intolerant” of their political leanings when it comes to dating them.

Until Trump came along, many women seemed willing to let political differences slide so long as the man was attractive (physically and mentally) in many other ways, because, after all, what person is dating perfection, and politics really seems Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum to many people anyway. But Trump’s continuous assaults (both verbally and physically) on women (along with all the other outwardly bullying behavior he exhibited) seems to have changed that – it’s not even mostly political but just the fact that most women consider him to be a disgusting human being, and a man’s support of such a human being says something about the character to many women. Combine that with the fact that the majority of men support Trump but the majority of women are strongly anti-Trump and suddenly there are major dating problems.

Since I’m so desperate and so few women find me attractive, I’m a strong subscriber to the crazy/attractive matrix: I will forgive almost any personality flaw in a woman willing to date me if I’m strongly enough physically attracted to her, perhaps even including the possibility that she might kill me for whatever psychotic reason. But a Trump-supporting (ESPECIALLY Trump-worshipping) woman may be the line I draw. I just cannot even fathom myself being attracted to a woman that supports Trump and lately any discovery that a woman is a Trump worshipper quickly turns her ugly in my eyes.

But there are a couple of caveats to this. First of all, the one thing ALMOST every woman that has ever dated me had in common was open-mindedness because you have to seriously be open-minded to be willing to date someone with my physical characteristics. And Trump worshippers as a group are about as close-minded as you can get. Therefore, it is extremely unlikely that I will ever come across a Trump worshipper that finds me physically attractive, so this isn’t exactly a great concern to me. (I should mention that my ex-girlfriend voted for Trump – but my ex-girlfriend basically has no mind of her own and does whatever her love interest tells her to do, and her husband told her to vote for Trump, so that’s who she voted for. But if she’d still been with me, I guarantee she would have voted for Clinton. And we dated 12-13 years ago – people change a lot over that period of time – she is definitely now far less open-minded than she was then.)

And secondly, this is all theory: after 11 consecutive years of datelessness, would I seriously tell an overwhelmingly physically attractive Trump worshipping woman to go to hell if she asked me out on a date? Even *I* have my doubts. But I will say, I have never seriously considered swiping right on Tinder to someone with “Trump supporter” or “you must love Trump” in her profile no matter how attractive she is, despite the fact that I swipe right on almost any reasonably attractive woman. But that’s probably just me being efficient, knowing that’s a wasted right swipe on a platform where you have a limited number of swipes. Who knows how I would react to an attractive Trump worshipper on POF sending me a message. But because of #1, I’m not seriously worried about having to make such a decision. But most single Trump worshipping men realize that most of the women they find attractive do not support their position on Trump and decide it’s best in this numbers game to keep that fact hidden and shrug off their disdain for support of a political ideology they disagree with, if they ever want to get laid again, while most anti-Trump women are like all women and realize there are plenty of fish in the sea and they’re all rotten, they can do without and would rather just not waste everyone’s time and get that information out there so they can find someone compatible.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 285
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2017 3:59:49 PM

Since I’m so desperate and so few women find me attractive, I’m a strong subscriber to the crazy/attractive matrix: I will forgive almost any personality flaw in a woman willing to date me if I’m strongly enough physically attracted to her

That's not so unique. Most single guys, from hot to ugly, are like this. Until he porks her, anyway. :)

But a Trump-supporting (ESPECIALLY Trump-worshipping) woman may be the line I draw.

Yeah, it can be tough. I think you may at first, but if you had one after another and they were hot -- you like most guys would try out that rodeo, to see what the alternative path (of rolling with it anyway; biting the tongue) would do. But in the end, yeah, one's not going to want to start datING if said person's a big Rush & Trump fan, while they are certainly Not.

after 11 consecutive years of datelessness

Which is what you need to solve. And speaking of biting the lip and rolling with a hot gal on a date who expresses Trump -- and playing the "Yeah, we'll see, I'm not into politics [change subject]," if/when asked by said gal -- you need to do something different with your profile.

First, go on OKC + Match + POF. All 3. Tinder too, sure (but that's tough). Change things up -- and LIE. Yep. Lie. Like pretending you don't mind Trump when on a date with a Trumpette with nice breasts. You're at ZERO. You can't go any lower. And it's been frustrating to you. Change needs to happen -- and if it feels comfortable, logic about human nature dictates you're Doing It Wrong. So it's Supposed to feel awkward/not-good anyway. Again, these are aiming to get convo going with a gal of curious interest + an occasional date. Not an arranged marriage.

1. Fib your age. You look younger than 39. You're 32 now, thank you. :)

2. You're not 5'4". Yeah, I know, I think you said you rounded up before. Fine. Go 5'7". Yep, it'll carry much weight of rejections in-person with that playing a role. But with some short gals, not so much, and not all the time. And it won't be that big of a jump. How? Get shoes that boost your height -- so it's not so much an exaggeration. I know, WTF, right? Hey, have you gotten anything close to a date with a reasonably attractive woman yet? How's that working for ya? You're not saying you're 6 foot or even 5'10" which is average height. You're still making yourself Below Average, and you can get reasonably close to 5'7" with the right setup. Crazy, I know. And No, they're all not going to be WTF -- I know short guys who do this. Go for gals 5'4" tops to start out, for your comfort zone.

3. Put YES for drinking. No, I'm not saying you actually drink, but for gosh sakes -- you don't mind going to bars with your gal-pals, so for heavens sake -- people are going to make False assumptions about you, so this carries some semi-justification, if we want to get anal about it. Again, this is about trying new things -- so go out and get some "drinks" made that taste like a mixed drink, has carbination in it, but no alcohol. I did this when I was not drinking for a while. You get to the date ahead of time and you order one and ask the bartender to keep it on the DL that it's no-vodka, and you'll let the waitress know to refer to you, and you give her the heads up too. Sounds complicated, but it's Really Easy. When out with friends at the bar, get what Looks like a drink -- lemons/limes, and some coloration. Some of that stuff tastes awesome, too. You let your date know that you're driving so your drinks aren't that strong. Hell, she can even try it. This Will Go a Long Way On Your Profile. Easy to execute. You're not hiding anything -- no more than pretending to like Oprahs when you're not a fan.

4. This isn't a lie, but just a summarization of what I've said before: Change your POV, attitude, outlook. Easier when the above 3 are done. Relax. Talk slower, deeper voice, be more calm cool & collected. Don't expect puppy dogs and ice cream. Chill. And remember -- even if all 3 were 100% true on the dot -- you, like other guys, are still going to get dates being non-interested.

Again -- ya gotta do change that doesn't feel comfortable at all. That's the point of change. This isn't crazy lying, it's not any record breakers in POF history by any stretch, dude. Change it up. :)
 ohenryx
Msg: 286
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2017 10:58:53 AM

HawkingJr
But Trump’s continuous assaults (both verbally and physically) on women (along with all the other outwardly bullying behavior he exhibited) seems to have changed that – it’s not even mostly political but just the fact that most women consider him to be a disgusting human being, and a man’s support of such a human being says something about the character to many women.

I have a very difficult time understanding why any woman would actually support Trump. I do know a few women who voted for him simply because they are “single issue voters” (pro-life, anti-abortion). I personally have no respect for “single issue voters”, but never mind that.

HawkingJr
I’m a strong subscriber to the crazy/attractive matrix: I will forgive almost any personality flaw in a woman willing to date me if I’m strongly enough physically attracted to her, perhaps even including the possibility that she might kill me for whatever psychotic reason.

I don’t recall ever dating a woman that I was afraid would kill me. Now I have dated women whom I was afraid would get me killed, but not actually do the deed herself.

And let me add, I am in complete agreement with norwegianguy in post number 288. At this stage of the game, what the hell do you have to lose?
 Seki1949
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2017 11:14:57 AM

. . . after 11 consecutive years of datelessness . . .

How can this be? If you're a real person, why would you be on a dating site?

I agree with Norway. You're now 5-6 or 7. You like a drink now and then.

I won't date a woman below 5-4 or a non-drinker. (I have bad experiences with 'dry drunks' and I find intimacy much more enjoyable if they are above a certain height.)

No supporter of Hillary shall every past through my lips (unless she's hawt and really into me.) It might effect the call-back decision based on how she handles the issue.

As to voting for Trump on a single issue basis, no different than being rabid about Hillary just because she could be our 'first woman president.'
 Like2dance
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2017 11:20:05 AM
I am considering wearing my Make America Great Again baseball cap on all my first dates just to get that out of the way.
 gtomustang
Msg: 289
Posted: 12/24/2017 11:39:31 AM
"men are much more likely to “hide” their political leanings than women."

>>>Generally speaking, women are more focused on bonding to a partner, men are more focused on getting laid. Even a disagreement in politics, can lead a woman into a long conversation. With a man, it just gets in the way of, well, as NG might say, the guy doesn't want to debate the presence of pork in politics unless it gets him some porking :)

while it took Chump 3 tries to get into office, and he may have ridden the waves of a perfect storm in (considering he lost the popular vote), I highly doubt the MeTwo movement is any coincidence. Like Henry, I am flabbergasted a majority of white women voted Chump or Moore, but I assume its the single issue voters, and probably women who do indeed, think they have a specific gender role to play, and women who are diehard Republicans. I know some females who disagree with all the women coming forth, and yet still would vote for a turnip before Trump. We have reached a level in America where we do, again, care about politics. We used to make too much money to worry about it, and now that paychecks are being threatened, people are out in the streets. Its still the economy, stupid. Maybe it will translate into turnout, like in Alabama and some things will get steamrollered over.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/black-turnout-in-alabama-complicates-debate-on-voting-laws/ar-BBHePoc?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Would I hop into bed with a hot Trumpet? Sure, why not, if he's intent on screwing them, why shouldn't I? But would I date one with my mouth closed? Its like trying to hold my eyes open while I sneeze.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2017 8:43:59 AM
Well, another year has gone by (both calendar year and my year, since my birthday is right next to New Year's, I get that wonderful double whammy of regret this time every year). I look forward to kicking off my 12th consecutive calendar year of datelessness and hopelessness. But I would like to see what women in this forum think about the suggestions by several men in this thread that I lie -- I mean, I know how they feel about men lying to them about age, height, etc. in general, but when a man starts working on 12 years of datelessness, do women become more understanding of his desperation and give him a pass or must he continue to play by the same rules as all other men, even if the cards are far more stacked against him than nearly all other men? That question is largely rhetorical, but whatever. I'll catch you cats in 2018.

"I don’t recall ever dating a woman that I was afraid would kill me. Now I have dated women whom I was afraid would get me killed, but not actually do the deed herself."

I was thinking along the lines of Steve McNair and Phil Hartman -- you know, dating the murder-suicide types of women. I'm pretty sure I've been with a couple. I would say I escaped, but what exactly is it that I've escaped to? Happy new/same year, everyone!
 ohenryx
Msg: 291
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2017 9:46:59 AM
^^^ I would be interested in hearing those replies from women myself. And not because I have any personal interest in lying or misrepresenting, just a general interest in the subject.

I had an initial meeting last night. Casual dinner, only $22 and an hour of my life, no big deal. This woman didn’t lie, but the pictures did, if you know what I mean. A realistic picture, and I would not have been there. But such is life.

you know, dating the murder-suicide types of women. I'm pretty sure I've been with a couple.

To the best of my knowledge, I have not run into any of those. At my age, I tend to meet the “crazy cat woman” type. I was talking to one woman on the phone, she was telling me about her dogs, I asked how many dogs she had. Her reply, “I’m not really sure”. Left me speechless, I can tell you that!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2017 1:08:40 PM

But I would like to see what women in this forum think about the suggestions by several men in this thread that I lie

You'd end up getting a way worse reaction than what happens in demonstration. Much like asking a gal how she'd feel about a guy who slept around and lied about how many he did sleep with. Or how many She slept with. Or the classic -- what do you do to garner a woman's interest. You don't use them as the baseline. Interesting for certain responses even though you don't take it as anything close to the gospel truth.

Like how many people you slept with -- when asked dead-on, why is it OK to lie in many circumstances? Besides them not knowing if you're lying (unless lying about being a virgin) -- it's that too many are going to have a false assumption about you if they feel your answer is "too many", again, when they're asking you dead-on. And it's very prevalent lying about it, men & women (see avg stats of #; women & men should be roughly even; it's always men higher, almost always significantly higher).

So it's similar to the reason why it's "okay" to lie -- to a certain extent, online in "profile sizing-up mode" that it brings people into, which has it's flaws Too. It's a response to it... but yes, people take it too far. So don't do that. Arrange things where, statistically, more often than not, it's not going to be a deal breaker when meeting IRL. Like the height thing -- it's a bigger deal Online profile vs IRL of strangers mingling, and it's a bigger deal IRL of strangers mingling VS them having been socially known for some time in life. Fib on your height, stretch it out, and get some shoes that extend your height (no stilts required). Hey, if she finds out on post date #4 after you got out of bed that you seem shorter (and with her heels off so does she, but she's a gal) -- you think she's going to run for the hills? Probably not (although she'll have an excuse-with-no-guilt to walk if she has had waivering interest).

How about the drinking thing? It doesn't mean "Are you going to drink on almost all dates if the other's drinking?" No. People are going to take that answer No = they dislike bars, and at the end of the day, don't like their peers getting a buzz on and are going to be judgmental. Which statistically is true, but if that does Not apply to you (and if it does a little, work to erase that), THEY are being unfair by their assumptions, so you counteract that. Follow my advice when I wasn't drinking -- you're pretty much in the clear. After clicking well, you let them know, after demonstrating going out to a bar and having some drinks many times -- you don't really drink, but you like the bar scene. She already got a taste of you having admittedly weak drinks so you can drive and that you're not a big drinker but like the bar. You're going to be fine.

Now, if you're 5'3" and you put 5'11" -- or you hate people drinking at all & hate bars and anything associated with drinks -- yeah, you're going too far. :) Don't look at strategically fudging the "stats" within reason to be the same as that. In the end, you'll get some dates. Better than none -- especially when they COULD be open to dating you, but you didn't maximize your potential. Requires no magic tricks or lying about who you are and hiding a GF you live with, etc. :)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 293
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2017 2:01:18 PM
There's obviously more to this situation. There's no reason for you to be dateless unless you choose to do so, or that you're so horrendous in personality that women don't want to be with you. Which one applies to you, I have no idea, but the problem starts there. Lying is just going to be one more added problem, and you will continue to remain dateless. If you don't address your real issues, 2018 will be another dateless year. By remaining dateless for so long, you may be losing touch with relating to women. I wish you luck, but you need to get out of your own way.

Henry, it makes my britches burn, and not in a good way, to hear about a woman using old pics! It wouldn't be bad if there were no big changes in those years. I met a pof guy that used older pics, but as a newbie, I thought it was okay, because I'm thinking there were no significant changes, and there weren't except the usual looking older.
 gtomustang
Msg: 294
Posted: 12/31/2017 10:43:53 AM
Since the full moon is out this week (makes the snow glisten at night), you MIGHT get one or two who will tell the truth about "little white lies". I can say from years here, there are women who have posted about meeting a guy who lied about height or size, AND they still gave that particular guy a chance. Of course, they weren't paying for the date, he had a stellar personality (no complaining about lot in life, wasn't creepy or desperate to get laid, etc), and the ladies weren't smothered with better offers.

The thing is, offering what people wants, gets them willing to let you put a proverbial foot in the door. Then its up to you to get them to ignore the fact you lied. As in, we put up with a lot of stuff from people who really turn us on. or we have to have a reason we ignore a lie, like we can't find anyone better at that time, or something psychological going on. A woman might want to be distracted by your own problems, but most want a man to help them escape them. they don't have time for your desperation to consider it a reason to overlook anything, they're already full of body issues and other things on their mind. they want to feel comfortable, not charitable :) Again, you may find a woman seeking a "fixer upper" dude, but do you want to date her?

spot4username
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2017 11:14:41 AM

Henry, it makes my britches burn, and not in a good way, to hear about a woman using old pics!

Agreed! It would be like someone having a main profile photo that is at a minimum 18 years old. What sort of person would do something like that?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 296
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2017 12:25:27 PM

Lying is just going to be one more added problem, and you will continue to remain dateless

I disagree with that being a universal concept, or a concept that universally applies to Hawking's situation. I agree that he, after many years, Should Not be dateless despite his efforts. But that's where the concept of fibbing, hell, for the sake of just changing things up, actually Does come into play. The fact that he has put in a good amount of effort over the years just shows he's not going about it in the best way, but he's a reasonably smart guy -- so something in his profile's gotta change, even for the sake of change. "Lying" on a profile happens All The Time -- *without* said person being rejected for it. It's small.

A lie is not a lie is not a lie. This statement is basic common sense. That statement in theory Encourages others to lie, and Jesus-H, we all hate some of these lies that occur -- it's frustrating. So especially after being lied to on something that Does have a Real effect -- my emotions denounce it! But wait -- here's the irony -- I'm Lying To Myself that that statement is not true. It is. One example...

it makes my britches burn, and not in a good way, to hear about a woman using old pics! It wouldn't be bad if there were no big changes in those years.

Yes, exactly! A lie is not a lie is not a lie -- even in the same category. You get some guy who looks like he could pass as mature looking late 30's when he's 50 -- but holy sh!t, you meet him in person and he looks like he's 60! And come to find out, his pics were when he was late 20's! The dude's just old-looking, even for his age! But then you have Another guy who didn't age much from 10 years ago, they're good pictures, so he uses them -- and as you point out, no significant changes... he's cute... he'll pass.

For Hawking, you don't want to be the former, you want to be the latter. I went out on a date with a gal whose pictures had her looking slimmer than she was IRL. And she did put drinking socially -- and our 1st date/meet was at a sports bar/restaurant during the late afternoon... low and behold, she doesn't really drink. Maybe a glass of wine for a birthday and for NYE, but that's about it. For all practical purposes, she does not drink -- but she doesn't mind the bars. Was I mad? No. Did she hate bars & was anti-alcohol? No. Did she look Thin in her pics and put Thin, but show up as a grizzly bear? No.

Even if she was a little too much that I could handle where the concept of lying tilted the favor against her to never call her after the date -- if she never could get any date (so hard to say for gals on POF - lol), I wouldn't blame her. If she was a friend of mine, I would have encouraged it if time after time after time she could never get a guy to 'stick' online to ask her out. As long as it's within reason for the non-sensitive types -- and be willing to run into the semi-occasional date who Is sensitive, and have the gumption to "take the sack" (football analogy). Running into that Once in while, is a lot better than never getting a date.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 297
Posted: 12/31/2017 1:04:15 PM

A lie is not a lie is not a lie. This statement is basic common sense. That statement in theory Encourages others to lie, and Jesus-H, we all hate some of these lies that occur -- it's frustrating.

I concur, especially when the person doing the lying / misrepresentation is also a hypocrite. That compounds the frustration even more.
 Cynderella
Msg: 298
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2017 1:29:27 PM

Since the full moon is out this week (makes the snow glisten at night), you MIGHT get one or two who will tell the truth about "little white lies".

Some have become resistant to the powers of the moon
*Start to howl at moon

The snow is beautiful under a full moon.
Happy New Year Everyone
 9Pluto
Msg: 299
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2017 6:34:38 PM

The snow is beautiful under a full moon.
Happy New Year Everyone

Blue moon,
warm me embers,
shiver me soul.

Shake up ye timbers;
Silver me gold.

Blue month,
eclipse me once;
Climax ye whole.

Copper ye navel,
Umbra me cold.

cooldog65
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2017 8:22:29 PM
Shiver me timbers...
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do you hide your political affiliation on dates?