Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do you hide your political affiliation on dates?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 26
Do you hide your political affiliation on dates?Page 2 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)

The Jehovah Witness women are pretty and dress nice when they walk up to my house but I never answer the door.

That proves nothing other than that you know they're not going to put out.
 sactownromantic
Msg: 27
Do you hide your political affiliation on dates?
Posted: 3/11/2016 12:19:58 PM

That proves nothing other than that you know they're not going to put out.

My point was: I don't care how good you look, if you are a fanatic about religion then I don't want to talk to you.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/11/2016 3:47:14 PM
Whatsamatter..you seem to be projecting a somewhat plastic persona recently..
VVV
Yes you do have nice eyes, and an AWESOME smile!! I think that you would definitely be worth getting to know anything worth having is worth working for..

Darn, trying to recall the cut and paste that worked on karma..
VVV
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/11/2016 3:53:26 PM
^ Hardy har. Poke fun all you like, but someone just messaged me that I have nice eyes :)
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/11/2016 4:02:38 PM
And a real purdy mouth.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/11/2016 4:39:23 PM
^ You don't think it's too big?

* Whoops. Meant to send that in a private message.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/11/2016 4:57:15 PM
everyone knows that Home Depot is the meeting place of the damned. Or darned. That helpful greeter - yea works for Satan. Avoid aisle 14. And the weiners roasting in the front.
Make I offer you a testimonial of what your Paypal can do for me?
I call my publication ShopTower. And it is trademarked.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2016 7:59:23 PM
"I don't want to be with someone who is my polar opposite." Neither do I, daynadaze.
 sactownromantic
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/11/2016 8:34:28 PM
The ShopTower sounds interesting Ouija2025, I will make an exception if you knock on my door or walk up to me at Home Depot.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/12/2016 7:40:29 AM
A blowtorch is a wonderful thing. You can get one of those for about 25 bucks at Home Depot. And there's a ton of things that you can use a blowtorch for, in browning a steak or touching up the browning of a chicken or making creme brulee.
 JaiNai2
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/12/2016 7:56:43 AM
I don't hide it, but neither do I bring it up. If it comes up, I'm willing to discuss my views and listen to his, unless it becomes argumentative. I'm somewhat political and have volunteered for more than one campaign in the past, but I am not fanatical. Same goes for my religious views. Since my views are a part of my way of thinking, I see no reason to refrain from including them in general conversation. As long as it remains civil.

Few years ago I heard from one man who was definitely fanatical about his political views! Needless to say, I deleted him and also refused to talk to him again.
 south_city
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/12/2016 3:48:54 PM
In my experience politics is rarely discussed on the first few dates with someone. I don't bring it up myself. But if someone asks me a question about politics I will answer it. Having different political views isn't necessarily a dealbreaker. Trying to shove your views down my throat and being intolerant of other political views is a dealbreaker.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/12/2016 4:00:09 PM
Lemme share something. Awhile ago I was seeing this guy. I really quite liked him, partly because he seemed so easy going. He didn't talk a lot. Well, after quite some time, he started to talk more. Unfortunately. You know what came out of his pretty mouth? Conspiracy theories! Egad! If he had revealed these tendencies way earlier, he would not have appealed to me. Sometimes it's important to share your views early on, I'm thinking.

* Below: Aw-kward...
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/12/2016 4:10:35 PM
You said I've got a pretty mouth. For the win.
 Seki1949
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2016 5:27:19 PM
^^^^
Nothing is Real until you meet.
 Qura
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2016 10:14:17 AM
I would have a lot of trouble respecting anyone who was a poor critical thinker *and* acted like they knew everything. A dangerous combination in my experience.

I can imagine myself having a lot of affection and respect for someone who might be a relatively poor critical thinker, but who was always kind and tried hard to treat people as individuals. A kind and generous nature prevents one's other flaws from becoming destructive. That's why I try to cultivate kindness and generosity in myself!

Of course, while conversation about politics would likely come up early with me, b/c I'm passionate about history and politics (not obsessed, though), I have learned to watch what people do and count on that more than what they say if there is a "disconnect" between the two. That has led me to liking people whom I might not otherwise have liked-they behave well to others, although they may voice opinions I don't share. It has also allowed me to winnow the field of those who say one thing (what they think is the right thing), and do another.
 JaiNai2
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/13/2016 12:46:19 PM
I was in a relationship for over 3 years, with a man who had political views about as far from mine as one could get.
We got along just fine. We talked politics, but also respected each other's right to disagree on the subject. And it was not something that was our main subject of conversation.
When we broke up, politics was not the reason.
 BeckyHT
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2016 10:50:48 PM
If you’re a woman, do your 10 best friends share your same political affiliation or your religion?
If you’re a man, do your 10 best friends share your same political affiliation or your religion?

Are some of these friends perhaps life long friends, even with differences?
Do members of your family share your same political affiliation or your religion?

The answer to these will likely indicate that all the important people around you aren’t identical to you in thinking. You respect this, and you take care to keep them as friends and family without alienated them.

A close relationship has to be the same. They don’t have to be identical; you need to respect them, and you love them without alienated them. You earn their trust by doing so.
 Racefan22216
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2016 9:06:16 PM
Liberals have been screwing up this country for far too long. It does NOT matter what party they belong. the RINO's in the Republican party are useless. Bill and Hillary are the Biggest Frauds Ever and Bernie, Useless!
 Chromis1
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2016 11:37:19 AM
I really don't have to. I've written in Ron Paul's name the last two presidential elections and I will this time around, as well. A lot of people don't get that. When I'm asked why, I answer "because he would abolish the Federal Reserve Board". At that point, eyes glaze over and it's on to the next subject.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2016 8:47:52 PM
^^Without the Federal Reserve Board we couldn't print new money and would have to admit we are broke!!!!!!!
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/1/2016 8:33:08 PM

If you’re a woman, do your 10 best friends share your same political affiliation or your religion?
If you’re a man, do your 10 best friends share your same political affiliation or your religion?

Are some of these friends perhaps life long friends, even with differences?
Do members of your family share your same political affiliation or your religion?

The answer to these will likely indicate that all the important people around you aren’t identical to you in thinking. You respect this, and you take care to keep them as friends and family without alienated them.

How much time does one spend with these friends, how often does one see them, and how deep does the friendship go, compared to a S/O or spouse?
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2016 10:55:42 AM
I have it in my profile that I won't attend church (yet I do celebrate and decorate for the holidays, for my own reasons), and that I am a Liberal.
I want to be upfront and honest......and because I want someone who shares the same outlook on life as I do. It makes a relationship SO much easier!
 bamagrl68
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/4/2016 6:13:37 PM
DvineBovine- I tend to avoid it on first dates.
If they bring it up, or ask, I'll say what I believe/think.
I don't like making scenes, something extreme has to happen for me to do that. So if they become hostile, or if they bring it up and obviously have extreme beliefs that differ from my own, rather than argue, I'll change the subject.
 moraima
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2016 3:53:54 PM
Do you hide your political affiliations on dates?

Only in the USA could like be a problem.

Too funny!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do you hide your political affiliation on dates?