Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Warning women about a dangerous guy on pof      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Warning women about a dangerous guy on pofPage 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

I believe you. I just met I guy recently seemed real nice FaceTimed everything but when I met him he got real aggressive almost abusive sexually

Yeah, but does your main pic have you dolled up in makeup with your hands behind your head, with an inviting pose -- while also having one of your pics be a graphic saying of "I don't know if I attract crazy, or if I make them that way" -- with a comment that says "I think I make them that way lol"? The OP does. :)

Ok I can be judged too but why is it the guy is never to blame ?

The guy is to blame far more often than not. It errs on the side of blaming him, which many times is accurate in general, even if thru many emotionally distressing situations, things may get exaggerated. I think why you think guys are never blamed for being physically rough (or "almost abusive" as you put it) with girls is that you're just tuning into Some of the people who would bet the gal is at Least somewhat right, but heed final judgment on he-said-she-said stuff... or the small (but loud) fraction that go "no way". But all in all, people in general blame the guy -- even if it's not a final judgement on him, there's still going to be a cloud of negativity surrounding him with them.

And the website has no place for us to warn other women ?

They should if the gal (or guy) has a police report on the other person filed, with charges pressed. Otherwise, it's he-said-she-said stuff, which is always going to get at least a small % of bogus claims (dealing with Any subject).

So who is protected here the attacker??!!!

No, there's absolutely Zero implication of protection by POF of any guy (or gal) -- whether they be Mr Nice Guy or Mr Mean Guy.

How can I report him Marcus???!!!

Going in the little-used forum isn't going to do Squat. Virtually 0% of users really know about the forum, let alone read it. It's a way to vent -- but that solves nothing. You write the site itself about them, and I'm assuming if they get more than 1 (again, it's just a he-said-she-said thing from their POV), they'll do something about his account. Or at least they should! :)
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Warning women about a dangerous guy on pof
Posted: 9/25/2017 8:15:17 PM

he was a recent transplant to WA. I would look very closely at someone like that,

Especially people from high crime areas like New York.

It's so sad that an innocent mistake of trusting him cost her her life.

A lot of people definitely need to make better choices in life.

Smiling photos don't guarantee anything.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 128
Posted: 10/8/2017 6:28:03 PM
[quotea ]
The police let him go because they said he was visiting from out of town and they couldn't arrest him for domestic violence
Surely they could have arrested him for assault, and it sounds like, a multitude of other charges? That's crazy.

Can't you recognize a load of BS when you see it? The law doesn't operate that way, ANYWHERE. It's a fabrication. She wants to bad-mouth a guy, and can't even come up with a half-way decent lie..
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 129
Posted: 10/9/2017 10:58:43 AM

Can't you recognize a load of BS when you see it? The law doesn't operate that way, ANYWHERE. It's a fabrication. She wants to bad-mouth a guy, and can't even come up with a half-way decent lie.

If she really wanted to badmouth the guy, she would have posted his username on here. I believe her detailed account to be true. That's not to say there weren't precautions she should have taken to prevent the assault from happening.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2017 11:19:21 AM

If she really wanted to badmouth the guy, she would have posted his username on here.

I wouldn't use that as a litmus test. She was bad-mouthing him -- legit claim or not. So the username posting "litmus test" would apply either way. Especially if it actually happened and there was violence involved. In fact, if anything, you'd think the username would be posted if it were true (due to actual violence + knife) -- if one saw that as a true litmus test.

Here's why one definitely should question it (not to mention reading her profile on top of this):

The police let him go because they said he was visiting from out of town and they couldn't arrest him for domestic violence

So the "Zipcode Rule" applies to domestic violence, huh?! LOL. Gee, I didn't know that one. "Yeah sir. Beating the crap out of a woman and whipping a knife at her... not cool. We can't arrest you since you live in another zipcode. Just don't do that again."
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2017 11:43:53 AM
People don't always process information correctly when they're coping with a traumatic event.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 132
Posted: 10/10/2017 7:26:15 PM

(AT) Can't you recognize a load of BS when you see it? The law doesn't operate that way, ANYWHERE. It's a fabrication. She wants to bad-mouth a guy, and can't even come up with a half-way decent lie.

(halcyon_skies) If she really wanted to badmouth the guy, she would have posted his username on here. I believe her detailed account to be true. That's not to say there weren't precautions she should have taken to prevent the assault from happening.

She said the cops told her they couldn't arrest the guy because he wasn't fro their jurisdiction. C'mon. Even "Law & Order" doesn't try to be *THAT* bull-sh!tty with the law.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2017 8:05:19 PM

People don't always process information correctly when they're coping with a traumatic event.

That's true. However, if at the end of the day, if I'm thinking they couldn't arrest a gal who I met off POF who ended up pulling a gun on me and clocked me with it, almost shot me, but got away.... because I believe the cop told me they can't arrest someone outside their city/county limits and that she was just visiting.... I would seriously think "Wait. Hold on here. Okay, I was caught up in this, I remember it that way, I'm frazzled, but, really? Hold on a second, no way." I'd be asking if that's really true, believing it really couldn't be.

Of course, more likely the cop would say "Well, she said you can make obnoxious posts online, and we saw them.... so we'll let it pass." I'd then be like "Okay, now that makes more sense." :)
 Joeman1099
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2017 11:40:18 PM
Not your fault at all dear. No one asks or expects to me mistreated. Nor should they have to defend themselves afterwards. Be careful and check everyone out before your ever to be alone with them. Good luck and I hope you become stronger through your ordeal.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 135
Posted: 11/24/2017 10:53:05 AM
IG? Is that your younger wife?
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2017 1:57:37 PM

A traumatic event like their 4th divorce?:

"latimes.com/dirtyjohn"
 gtomustang
Msg: 137
Posted: 11/26/2017 6:33:01 AM
chances are, when an OP has on her profile:

"I'm not sure if I attract crazy, or if I make them that way."

it may be safe to assume she has crazy things going on in her life.

the good news is, if you invite crazy into your life...you can stop having crazy in your life, by refusing to mail out the invitations anymore. its nice to have that much control over things in life.
 9Pluto
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2017 9:30:19 AM

The guy beat the crap out of me and held a knife to my throat,

The OP needs to explain why she never mentioned anything about bruising or other evidence from the alleged beating. She was with EMT/hospital people for a long time, so there is no way this would not be documented. .

This is not a case about a sexual abuse victim where the presumption of truth and compassion needs to be given to a victim to proceed. It is primarily about a beating and two potentially drunk people. The omission in the incident as written here. here is that she does not even bring up bruising. It doesn't add up that a 50 year old woman can sustain getting 'beat the crap out of' without mention of this evidence or reason for the lack of it in the version of events. The knife threat alone would be a he said/she said situation that needs to be documented, though.

The credible way to warn others is to file the police report and get a conviction. Both are public information, and PoF will remove his profile if they are alerted of a conviction. If you only have a police report and no mugshot/conviction, it is hearsay and pretty useless. I'm sad for the OP and that fear of retribution, but holding a vendetta is not helpful for one's mental and physical being either. The world is filled with bad people unfortunately, and we can't rely 100% on the government to prioritize our rights over theirs. Short of getting a restraining order, and/or of buying a gun if you are competent to own one for your personal protection, I don't know what else you can do. Pepper spray or TigerLady
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwtfMOeN8QU
doesn't seem like they would help with this guy. Don't incite him further, and be more careful with becoming intimate with riffraff.
 ohenryx
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2017 9:34:28 AM

gtomustang
the good news is, if you invite crazy into your life...you can stop having crazy in your life, by refusing to mail out the invitations anymore. its nice to have that much control over things in life.

Yeah, but that’s no fun, no fun at all!!! People who deal with a lot of drama are almost always people who actually like it, thrive on it. Just my experiences over many decades.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2017 9:58:23 AM

The OP needs to explain why she never mentioned anything, ............

I suspect the OP has exited stage left. She last entered, /Posted: 3/14/2016 1012 AM
 9Pluto
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2017 10:39:54 AM

I suspect the OP has exited stage left. She last entered, /Posted: 3/14/2016 1012 AM

I figured the recent 20 resuscitations of the thread were excuse enough for one more ... it is an interesting story and profile: All 5 pictures in lingerie on her bed in the same pose, plus the note about crazies ... Nothing else visible anywhere besides her and the bed and a neutral-white wall, except in the main pic, with some unidentified plastic thingies strewn on the comforter ...
 saintclara
Msg: 142
Posted: 12/22/2017 6:36:52 PM
Yes I think dating is well and truly off the cards for me here!
 xiang hoi
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2017 8:40:00 AM
Some people should stay single and get a pet.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2017 1:04:23 PM

Some people should stay single and get a pet.

I think you mean stay out of dating, and get a pet... because one can easily be single & dating indefinitely & enjoying it that way. :)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2018 1:44:01 AM
The guy that killed a young mom of 3 young girls was sentenced today to the max, which was only 28 years. He'll get out when he's 65. He chopped her up in her home, then put her parts in separate trash bins around town. At one point they couldn't find her head. He apologized for the pain he caused the family. He should have said nothing.
 boozyshamrockshake
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2018 10:38:44 PM
I'm highly suspicious of this story, as well. I mean, if you're going to make up such a story, don't try to convince people that some guy got away with aggravated assault because he was an out-of-towner. How did he get to the house if he doesn't drive? I think she might be a loony. She probably wants to get an ex-boyfriend in trouble by making up a preposterous story to keep other women from seeing him. Which would be sad for any woman that might really have been assaulted by someone they met here. And I'm not trying to downplay it if it's true, but how could it possibly be? Aggravated assault isn't like throwing a gum wrapper in the gutter. "the guy don't drive"---ooof.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2018 1:25:10 PM

He chopped her up in her home, then put her parts in separate trash bins around town. At one point they couldn't find her head. He apologized for the pain he caused the family.

Well, hopefully he got fined for using other people/place's trash bins. Sheesh. Chopping up pets & people is one thing... but if you're going to take up space in My trash bin -- oh buddy, you crossed the line!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2018 4:23:36 PM
Very funny, NOT! I don't think there's an illegal use of trash bin law, but they really do like to get a person on everything, because you never know what's going to stick. I think there's illegal disposal of a body.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2018 4:55:42 PM

I don't think there's an illegal use of trash bin law

Yeah, I think it's illegal to dump your waste in other people's trash bins. :) Not the most heinous crime, but it's against local laws...

I think there's illegal disposal of a body.

Yeah, there's that. Although my method of disposing of a body is shoving the gal out my bedroom window. Usually when a GF comes home early.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2018 5:43:17 PM
I saw a poop bag in my bin once, which is preferable to it being on my lawn☺

OMG, you wish you had game like that to need to push a girl out the window to escape persecution by your gf. When is the last time you had a steady gf☺
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Warning women about a dangerous guy on pof