Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are guys online so biased against black women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BeyondtheMatrix
Msg: 26
Why are guys online so biased against black womenPage 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

In two out of three photos, the black girl looks like she's pissed off at the world, ready to kill someone. -- caballerosiempre

Of all the comments, of all the posts, of all the remarks I have read on this site, this one has to be the most spectacularly accure that I have come across.

- Peter
 purplerider1200
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Why are guys online so biased against black women
Posted: 5/7/2016 7:35:57 PM
I've seen plenty of black women that are attractive. Given the chance, I'd date one. Some blacks that I've talked to, manage to make me forget that they are of another race. I find that pretty interesting. My only issue is that I never find one that has the same interests that I have.
 DirkKouglass
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/7/2016 11:25:15 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not biased towards any race, but that black girl you posted looks mixed lol.
She's super pretty, but I don't believe she's pure black.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/7/2016 11:43:10 PM
I checked out the links. The black girl could be mixed, she could be Hispanic, but there are plenty of "just" black girls that look something like this. In her defense, she has two mean-looking pictures and one very pretty smiling one. All three are clearly selfies. A good selfie sometimes takes a lot of takes. I've taken lots of selfies when I felt completely normal but in the picture I had the "don't come near or I'll kill you" look. She should have taken a few more.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2016 1:01:27 AM
If I were a guy I would prefer Rita Hayworth for instance. The voice is very important to me and Elizabeth Taylor was a little too high pitched.... for instance.....
 FlamingHotCheetos3
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/9/2016 9:24:55 PM
This is nothing new. Black women and Asian men (East & South) are among the 'least popular' when it comes to online dating. Of course people may say "I find people of all races attractive" but very few actually date all races.

These links go a bit more in depth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjSh_esW9W4

http://yourblackworld.net/2016/04/17/sxual-racism-against-black-women-and-asian-men-exposed-by-the-daily-show/

http://madamenoire.com/502861/online-dating-doesnt-work-for-black-women/
 LJane_6
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2016 11:27:14 PM

A good selfie sometimes takes a lot of takes. I've taken lots of selfies when I felt completely normal but in the picture I had the "don't come near or I'll kill you" look.

Lol! My non-smiling selfies always end up looking angry, even when I don't feel that way. I've taken an embarassing amount of pictures to get a decent one.

Unfortunately, I can't speak to the OP on the thread topic, because I don't know much about it. I don't know a lot of white man + black woman couples, but I have seen the opposite quite a bit. I do know some African women who prefer to date black guys, and they seem to have no trouble getting dates. Judging by the media, there are many dark-skinned women who are considered just as or more attractive than white celebrities (Beyonce, Rihanna, Halle Berry etc.)
 LJane_6
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2016 11:31:48 PM

I think beauty comes in all shapes, sizes and shades.

A very safe and PC answer. Lol. But also true.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2016 5:40:42 AM
I read those articles. I've looked at black women's profiles. Yes, I'd date one If we had similar interests. And that's my point, we have to have similar INTERESTS.
 south_city
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/10/2016 7:44:43 AM

This is nothing new. Black women and Asian men (East & South) are among the 'least popular' when it comes to online dating. Of course people may say "I find people of all races attractive" but very few actually date all races.

Maybe black women and Asian men should date each other. LOL. Seriously though I have racial preferences. Not racial requirements though. There is a difference. In general, I am more attracted to certain races. But I am open to dating women from other races.
 hemingway234
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/10/2016 10:34:15 AM
It's not as simple as beauty. Everyone has a type they are attracted too.

And for smart, intuitive people, it's not just about looks and Tinder.
 LJane_6
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2016 12:01:22 AM

It's not as simple as beauty. Everyone has a type they are attracted to.

I agree. I am more attracted by a guy's voice and what he says than his looks. And, I like beards. But I also think people's "type" can go out the window when they meet someone they really like who is outside of that type. It happens all the time, and can take us by surprise.
 cooldog65
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2016 7:43:44 AM
This half Asian guy here loves black women!
 Dragracer428
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/13/2016 5:40:57 PM

I read those articles. I've looked at black women's profiles. Yes, I'd date one If we had similar interests. And that's my point, we have to have similar INTERESTS.

Going off topic here but WHY?????
Have dated women who had barely heard of my interests and theirs was new to me. A common attitude towards life and a sense of adventure will go a long way. If you are that tied to your bike and the fact that any woman absolutely has to be interested in riding to be a possibility would explain your lack of dating and resultant bitterness.

As far as being on topic my area is not multiracial so the option simply does not exist.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/13/2016 5:52:24 PM
I got jungle fever in Jamaica when I was in the service.

Wait, that was offline, so I guess that doesn't count?
 bamagrl68
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/13/2016 6:39:14 PM
fedup3456- People get really ASSumy when it comes to race.
I live in the south. I'm close to the gulf, so we have more diversity here than probably anywhere in the south, so it's less of an issue here, but it still exists.
You have to realize that people can face issues with family that is from an older generation. Some people of our parents era still see it as something that isn't done and it's not always easy to face backlash from your family.
Me, I don't care, if I met a black man I liked I would do what I wanted to do, but not everyone has that kind of back bone.
Then you have those who are like who you are meeting that just won't one give someone of another race a chance.
Too bad for them. To give them the power to make you doubt yourself and/or get upset by it isn't going to change it.
Keep trying.
All it takes is one who accepts you as is, be glad the others eliminated themselves for you.
(and don't listen to people of your own race who give you flack about it, they are no better than the ones who reject you. It's no ones buisness but yours who you date)
 mdbco32
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/13/2016 7:00:56 PM
I dated an Ethiopian-American woman for a bit. I have no complaints beyond her individual high-level of insanity.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/14/2016 3:01:59 AM
I do unfortunately hear a good deal of racism here, in the respectable Bergen County, at the diner where I get soup. Today some older white gentlemen were talking, they blasted President Obama of course and they referred to his wife as nothing other than "that other thing he's living with". And suggested that she would leave him at the end of his term - "watch!" For these white men, they were both "things." But, from black people, too, there are lots of negative things being said, this time specifically about black women, black men - a different kind of racism. Not the white racist "they're all disgusting" but going deep into black woman this, black man that, light skinned woman this, dark skinned woman that, etc. It's weird and sad, and I'm glad there are videos and books to counter it and uplift black women, remind them that they're worthy human beings and should hold their head high and not mind the noise.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2016 5:52:08 AM

I'm glad there are videos and books to counter it and uplift black women, remind them that they're worthy human beings and should hold their head high and not mind the noise.

What bothers me about some of this 'uplifting' is that people are getting taught reverse racism, too. Supporting a person's race and culture doesn't have to require stepping on and bashing other cultures, and yet it, it happens.

I may not be a good match for a person of color around where I live - but color isn't the reason. At least, not the most significant one. I was raised in a household that was low income, rural, and very simplistic and minimalist. We did not spend beyond our means, and didn't have things like designer clothes or video games. We butchered our own animals for food, grew our own vegetables - you get the idea. I don't get along with anyone raised as an 'Urban Princess' - no matter what their color or appearance may be. People that had all kinds of things growing up I consider 'luxuries,' stuff they dump without hesitation to buy anew instead of fixing it, people that have a huge chip on their shoulder from a sense of entitlement, people that expect even MORE from their next boyfriend and have never had a humble day in their life - it all disgusts me. That culture, that attitude comes from what's between the ears, not what shell of skin covers it.

EVERY human being has worth. EVERY human being's life matters. If you need to step on another to prove yours, then it's time to step back, look in the mirror once in a while, and realize we are not alone in this universe - so instead of creating our own world, we better figure out how to get along in this one.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/14/2016 8:03:28 AM
I just had a moment of clarity.

I'm returning the Vette, wireless keyboard and Keurig.

vvvvv

I bet she's single too...
 NJgirl116
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/14/2016 8:20:56 AM

I may not be a good match for a person of color around where I live - but color isn't the reason. At least, not the most significant one. I was raised in a household that was low income, rural, and very simplistic and minimalist. We did not spend beyond our means, and didn't have things like designer clothes or video games. We butchered our own animals for food, grew our own vegetables - you get the idea. I don't get along with anyone raised as an 'Urban Princess' - no matter what their color or appearance may be. People that had all kinds of things growing up I consider 'luxuries,' stuff they dump without hesitation to buy anew instead of fixing it, people that have a huge chip on their shoulder from a sense of entitlement, people that expect even MORE from their next boyfriend and have never had a humble day in their life - it all disgusts me. That culture, that attitude comes from what's between the ears, not what shell of skin covers it.

Oy. And if you interacted with people of color in daily life and not just saw them on TV, you would know that assuming things about people from what you see on TV is not very smart. My best friend is black, very financially savvy, has a master's degree and a home and buys everything she needs for cash.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/14/2016 4:27:43 PM

very financially savvy,

and buys everything she needs for cash.

She's not THAT financially savvy.

1) Carrying a lot of cash is not safe. Could be lost or stolen and can't be replaced.
2) Using a credit card and paying off the balance every month is the same out of pocket end result, but it's like getting an interest-free loan from the bank for up to 6 weeks, and building a credit rating and history for the future.
3) A lost or stolen credit card can be canceled and replaced.

On topic:

I'm not biased against black women, or any other color women, based on color.
I'm biased against poor attitudes and thinking displayed by any women, on any subject.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2016 4:47:15 PM

And if you interacted with people of color in daily life and not just saw them on TV, you would know that assuming things about people from what you see on TV is not very smart.

It's not what I see on TV - it's in my neighborhood. People of color span large ranges of incomes and behaviors now, but most I've known locally fit to some extent into that 'Urban Princess' mold - but they are not alone in that group by any means. I think a good chunk of the local demographic is made up of people who are upper-middle class, pushing to be in the 'retiring early' demo. Most are white.

In the last few years, that HAS been changing - thrift stores are doing well in this area, and people are realizing keeping up with the Jones's is not as important as keeping their retirement accounts intact and their credit accounts limited. Health club memberships are growing and golf course members are declining. Would I date a person that's a different color than myself? Sure. Would I date an Urban Princess? Most likely not.
 mdbco32
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/15/2016 11:15:17 PM

It's not what I see on TV - it's in my neighborhood. People of color span large ranges of incomes and behaviors now, but most I've known locally fit to some extent into that 'Urban Princess' mold - but they are not alone in that group by any means. I think a good chunk of the local demographic is made up of people who are upper-middle class, pushing to be in the 'retiring early' demo. Most are white.

I've met many black people who served in the Army, deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan, and didn't need all of that "everyone's a winner" shit you have on display in your main profile picture. Should I write you off as average white trash yuppie shit bag right now as a generalization too?
 B_Hasenpfeffer
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/16/2016 5:53:38 AM

Even 'sex symbols' like Marilyn Monroe or Elizabeth Taylor don't appeal to everyone who find 'white women' attractive

Aren't they both dead anyway??

In 2 out of 3 photos the black girl looks like she's pissed off at the world, ready to kill someone

That must be it.

Me, I don't care, if I met a black man I liked I would do what I wanted to do, but not everyone has that kind of back bone

Don't think that's called backbone, more like it's PC. People often mistake political correctness as something else. I have never met a black women I would want to date, regardless of what family thinks. And it's not a question of "if" I meet the right black woman. I just don't wanna go there.

My rule of thumb is ... when it comes to chicken, I like dark meat. But when it comes to women, I like white meat.

A person cannot choose attraction, so not wanting to date black women, or any other background, isn't racism.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are guys online so biased against black women