Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are guys online so biased against black women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 south_city
Msg: 51
Why are guys online so biased against black womenPage 3 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

A person cannot choose attraction, so not wanting to date black women, or any other background, isn't racism.

Of course, it's not always about racism. Sometimes people ( in general ) simply aren't physical attracted to a certain group. However there are others ( not saying this applies to you ) that don't date a group due to stereotypical reasons and/or concerns about what others would think about it. It's not just limited to race. This can also apply to height, weight / body type, religion etc.
 kalasmontreal
Msg: 52
Why are guys online so biased against black women
Posted: 5/21/2016 4:19:24 PM
I don't know, in my case I prefer Blacks and Asians
 RR Man
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2016 9:58:09 PM

Using a credit card and paying off the balance every month is the same out of pocket end result, but it's like getting an interest-free loan from the bank for up to 6 weeks, and building a credit rating and history for the future.

I have a Capital One Quicksilver Visa card that I get a rebate of 1.5% on all purchases. No annual maximum, no membership fee, get your rebate with an instantaneous statement credit.
So I charge everything that I buy, down to maybe $1.50. I probably don't spend $5 in cash per month. And yes I pay my balance in full every month. That bill gets paid as soon as my pension check hits the bank on the first of the month. If you need to carry a balance, the interest rate is very high, and you'd be better off with a low-rate card.
 cooldog65
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2016 11:45:08 PM
^^^^^ And what does this have to do with the supposed online bias against black women?
 DownWsickness
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/8/2016 1:51:20 AM
A lot of people notice how beautiful a black girl is. I'm not sure why the opinions of some makes you think all guys online think that way.
 cooldog65
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2016 6:38:09 AM
Dark skin definitely turns me on. One of the most beautiful ladies I have ever seen is in a nude photography book I recently purchased called "Noumia" by Uwe Ommer. She is an African that lives in France. My ultimate dream girl...
 Maleman999
Msg: 57
Posted: 6/8/2016 10:26:09 AM
There are people who are biased in on-line dating? Say it ain't so! I'm so disillusioned with that. I thought the short guys, fat people, people with mental or physical disabilities, single mothers who have 5 kids from 5 different guys, had just as much chance of finding a hot looking perfect partner as the well-to-do people who could qualify to grace the cover of GQ Magazine or Cosmopolitan. I'm sure there are a lot of guys who are looking at the topic heading and thinking "Why are women on-line so biased against white guys-or black guys-or all guys for that matter?"
 oneday57
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/22/2016 4:35:24 AM
I wouldn't hesitate to date color if she thinks the same as me...BUT because of the way society is and the way we think it tends to be a problem..our individual outlooks on life are different.Its the way we were brought up and what our parents taught us. I have met some very nice woman over the yrs but at that time was married and don't believe in stepping over that line...now that I'm looking again would be happy to not have to deal with people who play games on any sight....its rampant and tire-some to say the least!...lol
 wolftxusa66
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2016 5:25:37 AM
Well, since it's a generalizing question, I'll have to give a generalizing answer. Exceptions do apply.

If it was just the color, it would probably not be an issue. But I find that I like soft spoken women and don't do well with 'bigger' ladies. While I can't hear the voice in OLD, life experience tells me that black people tend to be louder. It's not a bad thing, just an observation. From the pics I can tell that there are fewer thin to average women in the black dating pool. Then there's the hairdo which some may like a lot, but to me it's often weird. I like plain, long hair, just like I prefer brunette over blonde. Everybody has likings. Also, black women at a MUCH higher rate are divas, princesses, queens, "Ms." or other attributes of self-elevation straight from the profile. I pass those regardless of race. And bringing up race can get annoying. If I get with a black woman, I'm obviously not opposed to another race, so I don't want to hear it. I rarely refer to myself as a "white man". Lastly, I smoke and I found that the percentage of non-smokers is really high among black women. That's a good thing for them, but it narrows down my options. Most non-smokers prefer the same in their partner.

I am not ruling out a black woman, but combine the things I'm looking for and there are very few to choose from. Now if it was just sex and just for a few times, I could refrain from smoking and overlook a few criteria, but that's not what I came here for.
 south_city
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/22/2016 6:45:47 AM

Also, black women at a MUCH higher rate are divas, princesses, queens, "Ms." or other attributes of self-elevation straight from the profile. I pass those regardless of race.

In my experience, I haven't noticed this any more from black women. In general ( regardless of race ), I have seen plenty of women from various backgrounds that come off as arrogant or obnoxious or "princesses".
 wolftxusa66
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2016 7:09:09 AM
I mean where the screen name contains Ms or Mz, the personality type is Princess or Diva, etc. Explicit mention, not a first impression or conclusion.

Where I live, it's very often the case. I should randomly pick profiles and run stats, but I'm too lazy.
 south_city
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/23/2016 7:51:40 AM
Okay. I never paid much attention to the self described personality type because I was more focused on other parts of the profile. When I used POF I put some arbitrary answer for it.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2016 10:20:41 AM

I personally just don't find black women attractive. Dark skin turns me off along with the recent race issues.

Strange thing to say, especially since you seem confused about your own ethnicity.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/23/2016 12:28:39 PM
The darker the berry, the sweeter the juice.

I've got one hell of a sweet tooth...
 BlasphemousBombshell
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/23/2016 8:22:50 PM
The sad fact is that racial prejudice remains a cultural moray, which is the biggest factor for why black women get less interest.
I suspect a few other things:
- Some white people fear making life partners of darker skinned people because they know that dark features are dominant and thus their offspring are less likely to look like them.
- Some white people are aware that people of color are more apt to be of lesser status and economic security than whites because of the racial inequity in this country, hence they avoid partners they assume would be less economically secure.
- The cultural dominance of promoting white women as the conventional standard of beauty could be conditioning males.
- There was actually a social study done with participants around the world which showed that most people associate darker features with masculinity and lighter features with femininity. This was empirically retested and it did show that males of every race do tend to be darker and produce more melanin in general than women as a by product of their high testosterone levels. Hence, this could be reason for the association.
 60Sunnysideup
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/23/2016 10:11:09 PM
How about the fact that we are attracted to the new we are attracte to. ^^ saved you a whole line of "what ifs" "maybes" "guesses" " b.s." Etc.

We like what we like. Nothing wrong with that. You can't make me eat a parsnip , I don't like them.

AND, this really hasn't anything to do with color. Just someone not getting the responses she wanted form the opposite sex.
 QuirkyTeacher
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/24/2016 8:42:37 AM
I don't get a lot of online dating messages from white men. I'd say maybe 1 out of 5. Unfortunately, that guy usually fits into one of two categories:

1. Chocolate Fetish Guy - Likes to see white on black skin action and they lead with this in their message

2. Stereotype Guy - Says crazy stuff that makes me think he's hoping I'm a booty popping rap video vixen (although NOTHING in my profile would suggest this)

I just got a message this morning from a white guy who said, "I just find black woman's more attractive and I like the attitude and of course the physical relationships are way better."

Let's look past the grammar. Um. What? No. I have zero issues with dating a person of another race. However, I'm not wanting to date any guy who already has a plethora of assumptions about me that are racially bias.

ps: I am not saying all white men are like this. I am only speaking from experiences I've had with online dating. Offline I've had better experiences.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2016 2:26:18 PM
^^^^ Some men see black women, and some men see women that happens to be black.

I see them both ways. But I find women that happen to be black far more interesting.
 QuirkyTeacher
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/24/2016 4:12:55 PM

I see them both ways. But I find women that happen to be black far more interesting.

The latter is preferable.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/24/2016 4:47:08 PM
er, isn't it an Asian guy calling himself white that made the snark comment
I find black women beautiful. And I'm straight. Well unless she's an interested black woman. J/k
sorta
*wink*
Posted: 6/25/2016 5:42:39 AM

The latter is preferable.

I have a friend who would be classified as Chocolate Fetish Stereotype Guy - although he pulls his obnoxious antics with all type of women - and I mentioned to him that he shouldn't include the word 'Black' when he tells a Black woman he finds attractive to her ("You are a beautiful Black Woman!!!") because while some Black women are fine with that, others aren't ("So I'm beautiful ... for a Black woman!!!") So I just advised him to say to just say they're beautiful/pretty/attractive and leave it at that if he's going to approach them that way.

Of course, he insisted that Black women needed "more flavor" in being complimented - so I gave up.

One thing I do notice about non-Black men who evaluate Black women on looks is that the 'types' they like are a bit narrower and less broad than how they evaluate other women
Posted: 6/25/2016 5:47:31 AM

I just got a message this morning from a white guy who said, "I just find black woman's more attractive and I like the attitude and of course the physical relationships are way better."

I'm sure if I sent that message to 100 Black women - with better grammar - at least one would say 'yes', but I would hate the idea of the other 99 thinking I'm a PoS
 prime ribb
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/25/2016 10:56:22 AM

I don't get a lot of online dating messages from white men. I'd say maybe 1 out of 5. Unfortunately, that guy usually fits into one of two categories:

1. Chocolate Fetish Guy - Likes to see white on black skin action and they lead with this in their message

2. Stereotype Guy - Says crazy stuff that makes me think he's hoping I'm a booty popping rap video vixen (although NOTHING in my profile would suggest this)

Let's look past the grammar. Um. What? No. I have zero issues with dating a person of another race. However, I'm not wanting to date any guy who already has a plethora of assumptions about me that are racially bias.

The black women who I met on dating sites told me that they do be getting these types of messages from white men and what you're saying is on point. As a black man, when white women message or I message them some of them have a tendency to have assumptions about black men, not because of the media it's more or less based on black guys they dealt with in the past. So say like if "Sally's"presumption of black males is based on the fact that she dated were on some hood shit then she's going to think that all black males are that way when we're not. We are just as diverse and multilayered as any group out there, but the only thing you can do with people with a tunnelvision or narrow mindedness is to excuse yourself and move away from them, so I get what you're saying.
 usernonymous
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/22/2016 3:52:35 AM
Its about approach-ability. I'd rather approach a 7 who looks welcoming and smiles than a 10 who looks like she can't be bothered.

That is what I see when I look at the pictures.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2016 5:04:43 AM

Everyone is biased, from the day they’re born, and is therefore just inherently uncomfortable around people who don’t seem to fit into their “normal” crowd.

Oh, what a bunch of poppycock.

My white as snow, blonde grandbabies adore my husband and have from the day they were capable of adoring people and expressing preferences. Much to my chagrin, the older one has a marked preference for my husband over me (we don't see them often), and the older one, who is close to three now hasn't yet asked a single question about the color of his skin. The younger one is too small to ask any questions yet.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are guys online so biased against black women