Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are guys online so biased against black women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 76
Why are guys online so biased against black womenPage 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
a baby puts anything into its mouth, b/c that's the only way it knows to learn. A child won't swallow spinach, no matter how good it is for the child. We'll listen to our parents, except when we don't want to.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Why are guys online so biased against black women
Posted: 8/22/2016 9:49:42 AM

My point is not that we are all racially biased, so much as clan-biased. Whatever is strange is suspicious.

Bingo. It's a bias based on our culture and background, not necessarily a skin tone.

How many times have people screamed and fled when a chicken decided to go airborne in a chicken coop, or a garter snake darts across the sidewalk into the backyard looking for aphids to eat? I haven't - because I grew up with those things around. How many city folk have actually tried raising their own vegetables, or realize manure, as gross as it smells and handles, helps them grow better?

I was raised in a small rural town. Stuff that happens in urban culture - like locking and barring 2nd story windows - is as foreign and uncomfortable to me as a city kid would be trying to shear wool off a sheep. Color has nothing to do with it. We had one black kid in our grade who was adopted, and we didn't like him because he was a jerk, not because of his color. I think he was spoiled or something because he carried an attitude that he was 'above' doing normal hard work most of us did every day. Maybe that was his past urban upbringing, I dunno. Even kids living in the local small town had no idea what kind of effort it took to feed livestock or bale hay until they needed to do it for a summer job.

People learn biases and hate - but we also fear what we don't know. The trick is not to judge too quickly - and unfortunately, when it comes to online dating - fate-changing decisions get made in fractions of a second with little or no legitimate truth to verify their reasons. So long as they appear to be avoiding pain or hard work, they can follow their impulses and vanities and STILL believe what they are doing to be 'right' - but life will often prove otherwise in the long run. It's just a question of time - when someone finally decides they can't control their fate and lets things happen. That's when love gets let in.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2016 10:40:12 PM
Like a 10 would be on a dating site like this, genuinely looking!!!. Of course it all depends on whether the "7" you contact sees you as the same rating.... but all of this subjective of course..
 perspektiv
Msg: 79
Posted: 9/1/2016 7:14:22 PM
I don't think its a bias, but rather, a preference.

I personally, find Asian, and Caucasian women, to being far more attractive, than their black counterparts. Doesn't mean they're not attractive. They just aren't to me.

I've dated a few gorgeous black women, and found them beautiful, but they just didn't do anything for me.
 LivelySteve
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2016 11:00:16 AM
I generally prefer a darker skin.

But there are so many different attitudes among people that it is difficult to make any generalizations.

But African women are more friendly and west Indian born in the UK less so.

But the real problem is Indian women who for mostly cultural reasons don't like white men.

Pity really!
 south_city
Msg: 81
Posted: 9/3/2016 9:45:31 AM

I don't think its a bias, but rather, a preference.

Sometimes, it's about physical attraction. There are races that I'm ( in general ) more attracted to. But there is a difference between a preference and a requirement. I wouldn't completely rule out a woman because of her race. It's similar to a person that is usually attracted to blondes dating a redhead. Other times, people may not date a certain race due to stereotypical reasons based on limited exposure or experience. That applies to other attributes such as height or religion.
 Shewymacfee
Msg: 82
Posted: 9/18/2016 3:22:07 PM
Surely after being on many forums, asking the same thing with the same photos you would have made your mind up what everyone advises you to do.
I got fed up after searching 4 forums nearly identical to what you have written here:
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/what-makes-the-black-girl-ugly-average-and-the-white-girl-pretty.454738442/

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/guys-behavior/q1936672-why-is-the-black-girl-ignored-when-in-the-presence-of-the-white-girl

And a repeat of the above asking why a white girl is better than a black one with a profile picture of a white girl, with different profile names???????

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/guys-behavior/q1928187-what-makes-the-white-girl-better-looking-than-the-black-girl-pics

All I have to say is: http://imgur.com/qcIHcBA
 Shewymacfee
Msg: 83
Posted: 9/18/2016 3:51:20 PM
On the post below, your post was deleted because the photo of the white girl had been used by Nigerian Scammers
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/what-makes-the-black-girl-ugly-average-and-the-white-girl-pretty.454738442/

As shown on the post it was. report button pressed, moderators remove thread and banned with a haiku.
A lot of sites nowadays are photo linked and are scanned by software to find out if they have been directly involved in Scams or attempted scams.
If you already use the name, Stylobean. or Nymph215 you will know that the above is true.
If not. the white girls photo is being used by Scammers from Nigeria, the typical dating scam asking for money to buy visas and air fares. possibly medical expenses on top when they tell you a relative is extremely ill.
Your photo,,, black girl is the main member photo on 4 different dating sites with different profiles, so this is either yourself or someone using your photo to deceive others.

Just a quick change to explain Haiku is a form of Japanese Poetry, it is also software that is used in detecting internet Scammers (in otherwards poetry to the ears that another Scammer has been disrupted) As you know if you have read some of my posts I own a small electronics company and Haiku is being developed by us for a leading Antivirus company, this was a good test for Haiku which is at the moment just over 75% accurate.
 AbandonedByCupid
Msg: 84
Posted: 9/19/2016 1:09:24 AM
I read only bits and pieces of this thread so excuse me if my comment is redundant. It pains me a bit when such rhetoric becomes the inner dialogue of a group of people. Black women taught to perceive themselves as less attractive and in turn project a less attractive image of themselves. We are who we believe.

I've never been slighted by a group of men as a whole. In fact, out of my diverse group of friends, I've had the best dating outcomes. Whether or not I find Mr.Right is largely dependent on my personal choices and preferences. I definitely steer clear of any man who prefers me based on race alone. I'm also wary of those who would date me as an exception.

Black women are no more or less attractive than womenof any other race because we are not a monolith. It's up to men to realize that and broaden their focus. If they can't, so be it. I wouldn't want a man who doesn't wholeheartedly want me.
 cooldog65
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2016 10:06:14 AM
^^^^^ Look at this beautiful lady! This is my standard of beauty!

Everything you said is fine with me. Very intelligent and well put.

Anybody who would be biased against her would be out of their mind.
 gtomustang
Msg: 86
Posted: 9/19/2016 4:48:37 PM
Goodness, looks and humor, i'll agree with cooldog. And with her comment,

"Black women taught to perceive themselves as less attractive and in turn project a less attractive image of themselves. We are who we believe. "

taking care of my elderly parents, there were aides living in the house, and the agency hired from Jamaica and Africa. Saw young, old, single, coupled, whatever. The last young lady had scalded her scalp from all the chemicals to straighten out her natural hair, and was wearing wigs even though I don't think she was 30 yet. Of course, there are people all over who are insecure about their outer shell, but still...we watch TV and movies, and judge from there.
 Seki1949
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2016 8:11:01 PM
Goodness, is Political Correctness now entering dating. I'm just never interested in black women. It's just who I am. Or Asians or Indians. Hispanics sometimes. Whites, yes, always.
When I was in Moscow I fell in love 50 times an hour. It's taken some self-discipline to avoid the Russian-Ukrainian dating scams.

"With an American passport in your pocket, you can never know the truth of a Russian Woman's Heart."
 purplerider1200
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2016 9:00:08 PM

I read only bits and pieces of this thread so excuse me if my comment is redundant. It pains me a bit when such rhetoric becomes the inner dialogue of a group of people. Black women taught to perceive themselves as less attractive and in turn project a less attractive image of themselves. We are who we believe.

I've never been slighted by a group of men as a whole. In fact, out of my diverse group of friends, I've had the best dating outcomes. Whether or not I find Mr.Right is largely dependent on my personal choices and preferences. I definitely steer clear of any man who prefers me based on race alone. I'm also wary of those who would date me as an exception.

Black women are no more or less attractive than women of any other race because we are not a monolith. It's up to men to realize that and broaden their focus. If they can't, so be it. I wouldn't want a man who doesn't wholeheartedly want me.

Interesting post.
Just for a moment, imagine you and I in the same room. By looking at you, I'd be thinking of you as an attractive, black woman. Five minutes of conversation between us, and I'd come away with the opinion that you are an attractive, intelligent woman. I just tossed your color and race away, because I would no longer see that part of you. But now, this raises a new question I'd have. Would you look at me the same way?
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 89
Posted: 9/19/2016 9:15:29 PM

Why are guys online so biased against white women? Shy women? Outspoken women? Women of certain ages? Unemployed women, career-oriented women, fat women, thin women, religious women, atheists... Each to his own, I reckon. No one is attractive to everyone. (Well, except for me, of course. Hardy har.) How many men's approval does a women really need? Somebody once said something that kind of stuck with me: You can be in a room with ten other people. One of those people detests you. That's the one that kind of stands out - not the other nine, who like you just fine.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 90
Posted: 9/20/2016 5:36:09 AM
Only one? I would have let myself down :/
Once you stop seeking validation from other flawed beings Life becomes far better
Like the meme
Disagree with the tribe theory
Unless you are running for Office don't worry about approval ratings
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2016 5:37:39 AM
I usually how no idea who likes me and who doesn't. I stopped caring some time around 10th grade.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 92
Posted: 9/20/2016 8:04:00 AM

I usually how no idea who likes me and who doesn't. I stopped caring some time around 10th grade.

Agree.
I'm looking for the man who returns the "enthusiastic yes". not wasting brain cycles wondering why I don't trip every guy's trigger.
 GhettoFoot
Msg: 93
Posted: 9/20/2016 4:14:33 PM

Agreed. I've only gotten to the "stopped caring" recently. I think this kind of thing ("why don't ______ like me?", "why are ______ biased towards me?", etc) tends to have more of an effect on unsatisfactorily single people.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 94
Posted: 9/20/2016 5:09:25 PM
Well, unless everyone around here has reached a particularly heightened state of spiritual enlightenment, I would suggest considering the theory of Karen Horny(sp?) on the "ideal self" versus the "real self":

Ideal self: "I don't care if people like me, I don't care what other people think, rejection from people I don't know very well doesn't effect me."

Real self: "I wish I didn't care if people didn't like me, I wish I didn't care what other people think, I wish rejection from people I don't know very well didn't effect me."
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2016 7:03:06 PM
I think it has as much to do with culture and social class as anything. I dated a couple black girls in the past, and the funny thing is both were, culturally at least, white as I am. Both better educated than me, higher class upbringing, professional 2-parent families, etc. etc. etc. A Nurse and an Engineer. Funny.

One's Dad was a Doctor, and Mom was some high level professional. She was an only child, who was raised with everything she could want. Private schools, good education, was a nurse studying to increase her work status and pay, etc. etc. etc.

She told me once she had never been to "the slums," having been raised in leafy prosperous suburbia kinda in a protective bubble. She wanted me to take her to the "slums" on a date. So, off we went, into the city.....a giant city known for its giant slums...and rode around....the slums....she was stupefied and after awhile, frightened. This was back when you could do so without risking a slug to the temple. I'd never do that now. At any rate, after a little while, and towards dusk, she had had enough...thought I'd tease her a little and hang aroud..but she really started freaking out so....back to the whiteness of the 'burbs.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 96
Posted: 9/20/2016 7:20:37 PM
I'm going to stick a fork in my eye, for real.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 97
Posted: 9/20/2016 7:22:46 PM
You've already read it; won't help.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 98
Posted: 9/21/2016 7:24:21 AM
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for"
I can hear him spinning
 MrTomcat1
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/27/2016 7:44:02 AM
OMG NO NO NO
I love black women
I think they are goddesses and I love what they look like.
 oneday57
Msg: 100
Posted: 10/1/2016 6:18:06 AM
Nothing like a pretty woman of any color and they all have their assets but I had a black friend that's had white wives and in discussion I asked him why he chose a white wife?....his answer was hygiene....said white woman were cleaner and took care of them selves better but during dating I have noticed that it doesn't matter...once we decided to get intimate most weren't as hygienic as I would of hoped but after they changed as I love to give woman good oral....sounds weird but its a fact and my experience.....and NO I have not dated a woman of color...lol
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are guys online so biased against black women