Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are guys online so biased against black women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Blackwood85
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Why are guys online so biased against black womenPage 5 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Your friend is a ****ing idiot and full of shit if he'sreal. I'm sorry but I hate when black men and women do that shit. I've dated outside my rave plenty of times but it was because I wanted to and thought the women were attractive and interesting in some manner, I never had to disparage black women in a stupid broad stereotype to justify. I've been with several women of all shapes, sizes and ethnicities and none of them had a hygiene problem.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 102
Why are guys online so biased against black women
Posted: 10/1/2016 12:28:16 PM
That was my take on it.

We all have a type. You don't have to justify or explain it. Running down other women is just messed up.
 gtomustang
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/1/2016 6:03:01 PM
I'm going to take a WAG the friend had a messy mom, who felt comfortable around messy friends, and so he grew up thinking everyone was like that.
 rdamiani
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2016 9:22:14 PM
The black girl is way prettier, if a bit too young for me. I'd send a message, but I'd expect it to be ignored or 'unread_deleted'. The white girl is average, IMO.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 105
Posted: 10/7/2016 4:53:55 AM

Can guys not look past skin color and stereotypes when messaging.

Quite simply No. It is bad enough IRL but in online dating racism is amplified. White men who date online tend to be garbage people that nobody wants... usually born racists. The minority of attractive men online can have as many as they want and consider all women average -- black or white. As for particulars:

small town = racist
Christian = racist
family oriented = racist
mature = racist
motorcycle = racist

There is no getting around it. Most white men who date online likely have a Confederate flag tacked up in the garage. Younger ones less so but the tendency is still there.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2016 5:19:16 AM
^^^ So many misinformed sweeping generalisations there, I don't know which one to pick up on first.
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 107
Posted: 10/7/2016 6:16:38 AM

White men who date online tend to be garbage people that nobody wants... usually born racists.

Oh, my ... so I guess the cats will eat my face, after all

P. S. How does one become a "born racist" ? Is that a recessive gene, like the one responsible for red hair?
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 108
Posted: 10/7/2016 8:01:30 AM

So many misinformed sweeping generalisations there, I don't know which one to pick up on first.

I'll tackle the claim white men who date online have Confederate flags in the garage.

This is a *Canadian* site with users all over the world: the UK, Australia, etc. What are the odds a Canadian dude owns a Confederate flag! Most Iowans probably don't have one either.

I actually live in a "redneck" area where it's not unusual to see Confederate flags on vehicles and flying in front of homes (a next door neighbor has them as curtains). Occasionally I'll see female profiles with a rebel flag in one or more photos. It's still not a huge percentage.

The symbol on cars is more often Dukes of Hazzard / Bandit wannabees than hatred. Grew up in a liberal area and the liberals were a lot more racist than my redneck neighbors, for example the liberals used redlining to prevent black people from buying homes. Many people in my county voted for Bernie Sanders. The rich racist limousine liberals prefer Hillary.

The American flag is a lot more a symbol of racism than the Confederate. There's a famous photo of a bloodthirsty mob of racist white liberals in Boston using the American flag to try to stab a Black man to death while a crowd of white liberals stands around, doing nothing to help the black man. Most high profile police shootings of black men happen in liberal areas: NYC, LA, Twin Cities, etc. The racists who complain about national anthem protests are usually American flag flying "patriots". The leader of the Union army was married to a woman who held slaves.
 gtomustang
Msg: 109
Posted: 10/7/2016 8:07:18 AM
"Can guys not look past skin color and stereotypes when messaging"

>>i'll pull a sweeping generalization out of thin air--maybe there are some guys who look at a profile and wonder, "What will we look like together in public?"
 ebolakitty
Msg: 110
Posted: 10/7/2016 8:44:59 AM
msg 116

It doesn't matter especially where these people live. Garbage people are garbage people. I think that I can claim to be one of those "limousine liberals" that you are talking about. I assure you, we aren't about screwing black people as much as we are about screwing poor people. Limousine liberals don't red line. We prefer to sell sub prime mortgages to all forms of human excrement and then take their houses and make them pay for the whole operation by raising their taxes.

That's the problem with you tradcon losers. They see a black man being screwed and think that because we are white that we will hesitate to screw them too. Like I said, garbage people are garbage people. Oh of course. we know what we are doing to society. In every detail... it is all planned. We want single motherhood. We want racial strife. We want job losses. You have nothing to say about it. There is a reason that you people think that the world is going straight to hell. We are sending it and you oafs are helpless to stop us.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2016 9:00:55 AM
Viking wrote:

Grew up in a liberal area and the liberals were a lot more racist than my redneck neighbors, for example the liberals used redlining to prevent black people from buying homes.

I was born, raised and schooled deep in the Bible Belt, one of the reddest state in the country. Now having lived several decades in one of the the bluest states in the country...talk about whiplash.... I can say that there is more segregation in the blue liberal state. Maybe that's due to the % of minorities in the South vs. the North, I don't knonw......And there is just as much racist sentiment in the blue state where I live as there was in the Bible Belt, unfortunately. It's just that blue states don't formalize the racism by electing reactionary politicians.

Ebola wrote:

There is no getting around it. Most white men who date online likely have a Confederate flag tacked up in the garage. Younger ones less so but the tendency is still there
Hopefully, you're joking here.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2016 8:49:26 AM
I was born in the south and grew u in the south but lived out west and live in a traditional blue state, the idea of "liberals" being more racist than conservatives is just silly, if a liberal/progressive voter is racist then they're not liberal or progressive racism is the total opposite progressiveness and what we considered liberalism in the United States to be. Racism can be overt or it can be subtle, it can be the stormfront and alt-right idiots spouting hatred online or it can be in public where a guy like Mike Pence is denying institutional racism and Trump is using fear and hatred of immigrants to incite working class voters who live mediocre lives.

As a 30 year old black guy who's been everywhere, I'll say the friendliest people I've met was when I was stationed on the west coast in the Pacific Northwest, Oregon, Washington, Northern California and the Bay Area.
 basilisk123
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2016 11:10:37 AM
Honestly, I found that there is racism everywhere and is not limited to poor, rich, white, black, etc. For some reason people I am around open up to me more than they should. Alot of people stereotype people from another race because it is too inconvenient for them to seek out a contradiction for their view. This stereotype is mostly a negative, sometimes a positive, and always racist. One of my favorite sayings is, "people are people". No matter who the race, creed, nationality, there will be good people and bad people, and every gray that can exist between.
 GhettoFoot
Msg: 114
Posted: 10/8/2016 12:42:15 PM
Honestly, people who go out of their way to date other ethnic groups need to develop a thicker skin and get used to rejection more. There is a reason why an overwhelming majority of people (90+ percent) date and marry their own race. Dating and finding that special someone is already hard enough as it is, why add more road-blocks? This reminds me of my father who is Black and has never (in my lifetime anyway) dated a Black woman. He lives in Southern California (L.A. area) and complains about how even there, he (mostly him though) and his White girlfriend receive dirty looks when they are out together. He also griped to me that at family functions with Asian, Latina and White ex-girlfriends/wives, he was "the only brotha" at these events and how it'd make him uncomfortable at times despite the women's families being polite, welcoming and kind to him. I asked him, "well, what do you expect? If being the only Black person at these functions bothers you, maybe you should reconsider who you decide to surround yourself with." His silly response to that was if he were to date a Black woman and go to her family's house, "he might get into a fight".

It's annoying when people complain about another group not accepting them with open arms. Once you start dating others of vastly different ethnic backgrounds, socioeconomic statuses, religions, etc., be prepared for more potential conflicts. Couples of different races, ethnic and/or religious backgrounds have a higher rate of divorce too.
 steveinct
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2016 3:48:06 PM
I would date a black women. Although the last opportunity I had she excused herself to go to the restroom and do a line of coke.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2016 5:05:06 PM
Ghettofoot wrote:

It's annoying when people complain about another group not accepting them with open arms. Once you start dating others of vastly different ethnic backgrounds, socioeconomic statuses, religions, etc., be prepared for more potential conflicts.

I had an acquaintance...lived in the apartment next door, who was a big black guy, former college football player, small school, not big time....I went out drinking with him a few times and he'd regale me with stories of seducing white women on campus. He went to college in Iowa, some small school, largely a white university, and he'd chuckle that one of his advantages was that he was a black dude on campus. One of the few on campus. Didn't hurt that he was good looking and friendly. And a football player. Well, he'd tell me that he had a revolving door on his dorm room because all the farm-bred Iowa white women couldn't stay away....and the main reason they couldn't was because a lot of their Dads had told their daughters on sendoff..."stay away from those G*damn black guys!" Of course, then, that's the FIRST thing they wanted to do.....explore why dear ol' Dad was so adamant. Lol, true story.......
 IReallyShouldnt
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2016 5:51:54 PM
^^^
I am really trying to be open-minded about your "stories". BUT, wasn't there another post of yours about taking "black girls", who were "upper class", and they wanted you to take them to the "ghettos"? And now this one about the black former college football player who regales you with stories of seducing white women? Seriously, dude? You are really groping here.

I seriously doubt these "farm-bred Iowa white woman" were told by their daddies to stay away from those "G'damn black guys".

Me thinks one needs to be in the present and stop the "shoulda, coulda, woulda.

Now back to my movie and popcorn. Watching Pretty Woman.

Whatsamattababy: Is the fork stuck in your eye again? Mine is.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 118
Posted: 10/8/2016 5:58:05 PM

Why is the black girl considered "average" in the face to white guys whereas the white girl is hot and pretty to guys?
Personally, I think the black girl is much more attractive and it's not close--not saying the white one isn't attractive though
Can guys not look past skin color and stereotypes when messaging.

http://imgur.com/a/tx9E5

http://imgur.com/a/NvTLm

I get that people have their opinions and preferences but I think it's weird that no one can notice how pretty the black girl is.

I don't think those pictures are a fair comparison. One of the women is wearing colored contacts and appears to have had a rhinoplasty.

If you're going to compare the beauty of two women of different races, it would make more sense to make the comparison between two natural women---e.g. neither one of them has had a nose job, and neither one is wearing colored contacts.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2016 6:15:57 PM
A severely doubting IRS Wrote:

I am really trying to be open-minded about your "stories". BUT, wasn't there another post of yours about taking "black girls", who were "upper class", and they wanted you to take them to the "ghettos"? And now this one about the black former college football player who regales you with stories of seducing white women? Seriously, dude? You are really groping here.
Tell me, IRS, what's so unrealistic about these stories? Different place, different time, different friends. I mean, really, are these stories so fantastical that they're unbelieveable? That I've had so many dealings with black people?? As I've stated before, I.........guess that's a compliment. I always thought my life was pretty...run of the mill. But really, tell me what's so unbelievable.

I seriously doubt these "farm-bred Iowa white woman" were told by their daddies to stay away from those "G'damn black guys".
That's what this guy told me. And I believed him. Had no reason to doubt it.....considering I have some knowledge of how rural white people think...not Iowans; I'll give ya that...but most rural people are pretty much the same everywhere regarding their views on......people of the "other kind," if ya know what I mean. His story was perfectly believeable and I believed it, and I believe it now. And it's funny; that's probably why I've remembered it all these years.

Me thinks one needs to be in the present and stop the "shoulda, coulda, woulda.
Don't get that one. Come again?

Now back to my movie and popcorn. Watching Pretty Woman.
C'mon. You're really groping here. Stop making up stories!!! ;)

Whatsamattababy: Is the fork stuck in your eye again? Mine is.
I'm glad I'm providing entertainment for y'all tonight. Probably better than well worn reruns of Pretty Woman. And you eat popcorn with a fork!? That's your first problem. And BTW he ends up with the girl. Sorry to spoil it for you.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2016 7:31:48 PM
which black girl where? and which white girl where? This is such a generalisation and it does not make any real sense.
 IReallyShouldnt
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2016 7:39:58 PM
^^^
I have to speak in a whisper... my S.O. of 20 years keeps asking me why I go to my computer during the commercial breaks. I'm going to respond later when he is not smothering me. And gawd, he has let himself get so out of shape!

Edit: Responding to: A severely doubting IRS Wrote:
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 122
Posted: 10/8/2016 8:25:19 PM

which black girl where? and which white girl where? This is such a generalisation and it does not make any real sense.

The black girl in the photos is apparently the OP:

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16507724.aspx

If some men think the white girl is prettier, it could quite possibly be an assertion that they prefer the more natural type---as opposed to a preference for one race over another.
 loveisatemple
Msg: 123
Posted: 10/8/2016 8:51:50 PM
If somebody does not want to date people of my ethnicity, I am happy as hell they stay away.
I cannot get over wanted to be accepted by anybody and everybody.
Nobody is attractive to all, not all Caucasians are universally wanted either, but they don't have ethnicity as an excuse.
 swampyswampy
Msg: 124
Posted: 10/9/2016 6:47:39 AM
fedup you dont have a picture for anyone to judge?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 125
Posted: 10/9/2016 7:02:22 AM
She wanted to go to " the slums"
Did this stud of a neighbour have a revolving door to his apartment too? Did you tell him to beware of tall Asian women?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are guys online so biased against black women