Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are guys online so biased against black women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 126
Why are guys online so biased against black womenPage 6 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
He's been whacking off to his unexpunged copy of "Mandingo."

Get it, while it's hot

https://www.amazon.com/Mandingo-Kyle-Onstott/dp/0449132269
 south_city
Msg: 127
Why are guys online so biased against black women
Posted: 10/9/2016 6:59:40 PM

There's a famous photo of a bloodthirsty mob of racist white liberals in Boston using the American flag to try to stab a Black man to death while a crowd of white liberals stands around, doing nothing to help the black man

That happened during an anti-busing protest in the 1970s. In general, it was white liberals that favored busing and whites that were relatively more conservative that were against it. Today the complexion of the areas where the anti-busing sentiment was the strongest is different because of gentrification. Now it's largely yuppies instead of working class families

Honestly, people who go out of their way to date other ethnic groups need to develop a thicker skin and get used to rejection more. There is a reason why an overwhelming majority of people (90+ percent) date and marry their own race. Dating and finding that special someone is already hard enough as it is, why add more road-blocks?

Yes the majority of people date and marry within their own race. But IR relationships are more common among younger people and are generally more accepted now. Some people are simply more physically attracted to other races. It can also depend on geography. If a black or some other non-white person lives in a mostly white area, he or she may not have many chances to date within their own race.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2012/02/16/the-rise-of-intermarriage/2/
 Seki1949
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2016 10:40:04 PM

That happened during an anti-busing protest in the 1970s.

Oh! Those Awful People! They wanted their kids to go to the school closest to where they lived. Such Awful Bigots!

Oh! Wait! Oliver Brown wanted his daughter Linda to go the school closest to where they lived. Oh! Blessed Saint!
 south_city
Msg: 129
Posted: 10/10/2016 6:45:02 AM

Oh! Those Awful People! They wanted their kids to go to the school closest to where they lived. Such Awful Bigots!

Oh! Wait! Oliver Brown wanted his daughter Linda to go the school closest to where they lived. Oh! Blessed Saint!

Geography was a part of the reason for the protest. But there was also a segment of the population that didn't want blacks going to the same schools as whites.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2016 8:17:19 AM

Why is the black girl considered "average" in the face to white guys whereas the white girl is hot and pretty to guys?
Personally, I think the black girl is much more attractive and it's not close--not saying the white one isn't attractive though

The black girl in the three images in the link is the OP herself. She's also long gone unless she's created another account. Nevertheless, she has a very high opinion of herself. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but one has to remember that being self-opinionated comes with a whole load of subjectivity that others may disagree with. She said that she personally thinks that she's MORE attractive than the white girl in the picture in her other link. I personally disagree, but that's just my opinion. I don't expect others to fall in or out of line with it.
Msg: 131
Posted: 10/10/2016 8:30:31 AM
I guess I am not clear where the OP Has obtained the evidence to support her original hypothesis:
White guys find the white girl more appealing than the "much more attractive" black girl.

As you say, orangetiger, this is a self-assessment. Further, what metrics suggest she (the black girl who originally posted) is being cast aside in favor of the white girl?

There is another thread that laments the way in which a black girl goes out with her beauty-challenged white friend, where the white girl is continuously approached and the black girl isn't.

That comes with a whole host of variables; body language, voice quality, including speech pattern, clothing choices, etc. In short, it is hard to arrange a controlled experiment with such a subjective premise.

Invalid hypothesis, IMO.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 132
Posted: 10/10/2016 8:42:56 AM

I guess I am not clear where the OP Has obtained the evidence to support her original hypothesis:
White guys find the white girl more appealing than the "much more attractive" black girl.

The OP didn't obtain any evidence. She was merely fishing for compliments.
 basilisk123
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2016 9:17:01 AM
I looked at the pictures just now, and they look about the same beauty-wise. The white girl looked more down-to-earth, while the black girl looked classy. For me, down-to-earth women win because I find them to be closer to who I am; being black or white has nothing to do with it,
 Blackwood85
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2016 11:50:45 AM

Statistically black women are the least desirable in online dating along with Black men and Asian Men, OKC did an research article about it, using their own metric data, it's been a couple of years since then but I don't see that trend changing all that much.
Msg: 135
Posted: 10/10/2016 12:31:00 PM
If you look at the OP's other thread, she referenced her experience while going out IRL with her white friend. Does the OKC study only apply to on-line? I would think so, since that is the only venue they have for collecting statistics.

The OP was concerned about being appealing to white guys. Are black women the least desirable demographic to all men?
 Maleman999
Msg: 136
Posted: 10/10/2016 2:21:00 PM
Why are Purple People Eaters not attracted to Green Eyed Monsters?
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 137
Posted: 10/10/2016 2:25:24 PM
The answer, my friend, is blown in the wind.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 138
Posted: 10/10/2016 2:31:33 PM
Are you claiming to have had a tryst with Allen Iverson?
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 139
Posted: 10/10/2016 2:40:08 PM
I shouldn't have made him pay for coffee :(
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 140
Posted: 10/10/2016 2:58:25 PM
I'll never fall for the "I have a coupon" trick again.
 gtomustang
Msg: 141
Posted: 10/10/2016 4:02:22 PM
The answer was blown in the wind? what was his name, Gust?

Nice new photo, BTW. Looks like you're photobombing browneyesboo, but I say the new photos' a keepa.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 142
Posted: 10/10/2016 4:21:29 PM
^ Nah, my much younger and very attractive girl friend took a selfie of us and I immediately cropped her out, for obvious reasons. I let her keep an eye, though :)

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 143
Posted: 10/10/2016 4:26:41 PM
I thought the new pic meant you were offering a 3 way. Now I feel gypped.

Whatsamattababy
Msg: 144
Posted: 10/10/2016 4:32:05 PM
^ Aw, come on. It wasn't THAT bad with just you and me.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 145
Posted: 10/10/2016 4:39:39 PM
Not for you maybe. But then you weren't wearing the ball gag trying to enunciate the safe word for 3 hours.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread
 Seki1949
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2016 7:27:03 AM

I thought the new pic meant you were offering a 3 way.

Read her new profile, the three way is with mom. Perhaps the person attached to the eye is mom.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 147
Posted: 10/12/2016 7:43:52 AM
You're saying that like it's a bad thing.

gtomustang
Msg: 148
eye see
Posted: 10/12/2016 9:01:42 AM
well, whatsa, congrats on getting an attractive girlfriend. I wouldn't mind one of those. But if you show them off and brag, people get jealous. Just sayin'.
Msg: 149
eye see
Posted: 10/12/2016 10:56:54 AM
Well, my photo must be hawt ... received the following message from a DOCTOR!!!
"You’re epitomes of beauty"
 Kodanshi
Msg: 150
view profile
History
eye see
Posted: 10/12/2016 12:38:37 PM
^ It's the hat that does it!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are guys online so biased against black women