Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are guys online so biased against black women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chicasayshi2u
Msg: 201
Why are guys online so biased against black womenPage 9 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Op it sounds like it's just your opinion. Tons of guys find black ladies beautiful, and want to date them. How else are relationships still occurring with black ladies who are getting asked out by other black men as welll as men that aren't? Have a great day!
 thefrancesann
Msg: 202
Why are guys online so biased against black women
Posted: 12/17/2016 12:33:48 AM
Lol, I get messages from white men all of the time on this site. Some I write back, the majority I don't. I don't initiate contact with anyone on this site and if I do, it's only because something on his profile caught my attention but I've noticed the very few times that I have reached out, they wrote back.

There is an issue with bias against black women but I don't let it bother me. It is what it is.
 basilisk123
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2016 9:27:02 AM
^^^^^Please elaborate. What is this issue?
 cooldog65
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2016 10:52:51 AM

Tons of guys find black ladies beautiful, and want to date them.

You're singing my tune...
 thefrancesann
Msg: 205
Posted: 12/18/2016 9:16:39 AM

^^^^^Please elaborate. What is this issue

No, I will not elaborate. There's 9 pages of people elaborating. Go read them.
 GhettoFoot
Msg: 206
Posted: 12/18/2016 10:31:29 AM
^ LOL!

But you are right Frances. The issue(s) have already been highlighted in this thread. There's also plenty of info online about Black women & Asian men being rejected the most in OLD.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 207
Posted: 12/18/2016 1:41:49 PM
I don't get threads like this. Can't people just accept the fact that people don't want black women or short men? Understanding the reasons won't make a woman less black nor a man taller. If it can't work for you here then why not do something else with your life?
 basilisk123
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2016 3:27:40 PM
"No, I will not elaborate. There's 9 pages of people elaborating. Go read them."-thefrancesann

I was more interested in your point of view and experience on this subject, but if you feel that your imput is that not important, then it can't be helped. I will just have to accept that your previous comment was baseless.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 209
Posted: 12/18/2016 3:54:40 PM

I will just have to accept that your previous comment was baseless.

No, it means you will just have to accept that no one is required to spill their personal details along with expressing support of another post.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2016 4:26:55 PM

I get messages from white men all of the time on this site. Some I write back, the majority I don't. I don't initiate contact with anyone on this site and if I do, it's only because something on his profile caught my attention but I've noticed the very few times that I have reached out, they wrote back.

I think he's asking to 'please elaborate' because what you're describing is not a racial issue or bias at all - people get ignored or get flaky from all colors of the rainbow. If you feel it's truly a racial bias, he's probably like to understand why you feel that way. I'm guessing your post is just your general observation, not something we should be investigating further into some magical reason for a racial difference.

If the very few times you reached out were successful in getting a response, doesn't it beg to consider doing so with more people? Black OR white? Guys are always preached in here that if they want something, they need to go after it - but cripes, so, so many pursuits are dead ends! Wondering why women don't go on offense more often - is a topic that's been played to death in a thousand other threads in here -- and I seriously doubt providing a racial spin on that topic will change anything, because it's definitely NOT specific to race by any means.
 GhettoFoot
Msg: 211
Posted: 12/18/2016 4:41:01 PM

There is an issue with bias against black women but I don't let it bother me. It is what it is.

I think this is what he wanted her to "elaborate" on, not about ignoring or replying to messages from white men.

It sounds like she knows the position of BW in OLD but she has chosen not to let it bother her which, if true, is a good attitude to have. Getting all pissy because certain people don't want to date you isn't productive, and it definitely won't render you more attractive to the people who never wanted you anyway.

RE: this topic. No one is entitled to attraction, especially if you are going out of your way to date people from other ethnicities, socio-economic backgrounds, religions, etc . Most people date & marry others similar to them. Get over it.
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 212
Posted: 12/21/2016 11:38:29 PM

I was more interested in your point of view and experience on this subject, but if you feel that your imput is that not important, then it can't be helped. I will just have to accept that your previous comment was baseless.

I can finally reply. I deleted my other profile and because of the 3 day rule that they have, I couldn't respond. But anyway, you didn't say what you wanted me to elaborate on but GhettoFoot pretty much nailed it.
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 213
Posted: 12/21/2016 11:40:10 PM

I will just have to accept that your previous comment was baseless.

No, it means you will just have to accept that no one is required to spill their personal details along with expressing support of another post.

Lol, what Cynthia said. Exactly what she said.
 basilisk123
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2016 4:21:29 AM
GhettoFoot got it and explained it well. I would eventually like to see a world were we are judged on character instead of race, but I think we got a little farther to go. I always reasoned that those women who reject me for only my race usually are not worth dating in the first place. Who would want to date someone who is so superficial? I can understand if it is my personality, my income bracket, my weight, or my intellect, etc.
 south_city
Msg: 215
Posted: 12/23/2016 8:24:39 AM

I don't get threads like this. Can't people just accept the fact that people don't want black women or short men? Understanding the reasons won't make a woman less black nor a man taller. If it can't work for you here then why not do something else with your life?

Sometimes people get sensitive or frustrated with being rejected due to things that they can't control. Race and height are 2 common examples of this.

No one is entitled to attraction, especially if you are going out of your way to date people from other ethnicities, socio-economic backgrounds, religions, etc . Most people date & marry others similar to them. Get over it.

Yes when you like someone, you can't expect the interest will be mutual. However sometimes this is about availability. If a person uses OLD and largely sticks to their own "kind" for a lack of better term, that might decrease their chances of getting dates from OLD. They could end up having a very small potential dating pool. Such as a black or Asian person in a mostly white area.
 chicasayshi2u
Msg: 216
Posted: 12/23/2016 1:23:23 PM
Yay! another guy who wants a black lady! :D
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2016 9:42:53 PM
yes and the stereotype about black men being well hung, liking women with plenty of booty on board is not true for all.
Being biased against a certain type is not necessarily racism, some dont like the look of black skin the same way that some may not like the pasty white look either.
 jrhskh
Msg: 218
Posted: 2/19/2017 4:03:42 PM
I'm sorry but I'm a black woman and I get messages from all types of men who find me attractive. I'm not trying to brag but even out and about I've noticed men that look. There are men out there who don't see color. They are out there. And sometimes you just have to accept that people have their preference. It does bother me sometimes when I get "do you like white boys." But if they want that reassurance I have no issue letting them know. I even put on my old profile at the time that I had no preference. I think men are going to be attractive no matter what color their skin is.
 cooldog65
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2017 8:46:30 PM
^^^^^Your profile says you're a blonde white woman.

I subscribe to a different standard of beauty from a good portion of society. I do see color and prefer that darker persuasion. Black is beautiful.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2017 12:43:29 AM

I'm sorry but I'm a black woman and I get messages from all types of men who find me attractive.

Your profile has NO PICTURES + you have yourself as a Blonde Caucasian -- why should we take what you're saying as accurate? :)

With that said -- when it's a bias -- one can find someone sexually enticing while still having a bias... and sometimes a certain bias, that's negative/positive/neither can Entice someone to pursue said type of person (based on race, fashion, visual demographic, etc). You could find a real racist guy who could find a really great black woman sexually attractive while still having racial stereotypes but thinking she's the exception (or not) -- and very willing to roll with it when out at the bar, etc.

When it comes to race, it really isn't about color of skin -- but the construct of their body, bone, tissue construct. I say that because people tend to like darker skin, yet, we have too many racists out there at the same time, so it's worth noting.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2017 7:08:08 AM

Your profile has NO PICTURES + you have yourself as a Blonde Caucasian -- why should we take what you're saying as accurate? :)

Yes. Being color blind doesn't mean being ignorant. People want to believe that others are biased because of demographic reasons beyond their control, but fail to see their own inconsistencies and inaccuracies in their own profiles sometimes.

After being in here a while, you learn to get VERY hawkish about potential fakes and phonies. Words that aren't spelled correctly is just the start. Having photo settings that don't match up with what they describe, using very generic or vague terms, using stupid, lame disclaimers like "I can't change my age anymore." and basically keeping all their messaging information on the shallow and superficial side -- it all screams of hypocrisy in one way or another. The Game of Lies gets played in here sixteen ways to Sunday, and we don't have to play along, no matter who may be on the other side.

People want to know all they can about someone else, but try to keep their own personal info on a very slow trickle. Starting a relationship means SHARING information, not just interviewing each other. Breaking down those personal walls has to be done by the owner, not the person trying to get in.
 IMayBeCrazy_But
Msg: 223
Posted: 2/20/2017 9:03:44 AM

^^^^^Your profile says you're a blonde white woman.

Maybe this is her alter ego? Just for the forums? Seems to be "the thing" to do...for some users.

Can guys not look past skin color and stereotypes when messaging.

Doubt it. Same goes for women, too. Everyone has preconceived notions of what they find attractive. For example: I'm bi-racial (not to be confused with bi-polar) and have always been more keen to the paler dudes with the light eyes. My kids are about two shades away from being ginger.

People want to know all they can about someone else, but try to keep their own personal info on a very slow trickle.

Probably because many people frown upon "TMI" and suggest to keep the past in the past. Personally, I love it when someone lays all their cards out on the table...it shows where they're coming from and why they are...the way they are.
 ChazzFortyFive
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2017 11:19:41 AM
Someone has a whining habit.

Pretty is pretty period.
Whining about things you have no control over is ugly.
 Perspektiv
Msg: 225
Posted: 2/20/2017 11:24:41 AM
My theory is more to do with the attitude, than skin color.

If you're the "catch an attitude" type black woman, you may be intimidating men vs them not finding you attractive.

I know a lot of black men that date white girls exclusively, as they're more fun to be around, for that very reason.

I can only speak from my experience with black women. Physical attraction, was never an issue. It always boiled down the the person, itself. Their aura, attitude, etc.

Again, just experience. I've dated a handful of black women, and from experience, many had chips on their shoulders. I grew up with a chip on mine, and made peace with life as a teen. So to me, its highly unattractive.

For me, its not the intimidation however, as I'd just put someone in their place. Its just the level of how unattractive certain attitudes are, to begin with.

And no -- not all black women are attitude catching, chip on their shoulders having, type of people.

However, if you are -- you can only look at you, not your skin color.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are guys online so biased against black women