Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Am I rushed or i'm overthinking?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 call_me_tater
Msg: 24
Am I rushed or i'm overthinking?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Every situation is different but it does not bode well that you are making comparisons to your ex.
Can you deal with this new woman in a fresh light, or will you always be comparing everything?
Not all psych issues are the same and I bet you would be shocked to find out seemingly normal, stable people that you know are on meds, in therapy, or both. Ask her about it.

How long have you been single? Is this a rebound?

This woman is moving things too fast for your comfort which reminds you of your ex. Did you start making the comparisons before or after she told you about being on meds?
It is your job to slow things down if that's what you need.
Find out why she is moving so fast. Is she just excited or does she for attachments too quickly?
Go away for a weekend when you feel comfortable--it's not a proposal.
Meeting friends isn't a big deal in my view either.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Am I rushed or i'm overthinking?
Posted: 3/18/2016 4:53:30 PM
Tada!!! As the thread unfolds, we get the whole or closer to the whole story. Wow, the drama continues........well I can say one thing, being on this forum is NOT boring!!!

I agree that having psychological issues and seeing a therapist is not necessarily a blanket throw them to the curb thing, but I think it's something that should be told straight up before you invest a good chunk of time with someone. And of course it depends on what the issue and therapy are for. I think we all have had at least periods of time where we could have benefited from some therapy but I had the same deal, fortunately I was told before I was too invested and in THIS instance I dropped the guy like a prom dress.
 BattleFader
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2016 9:02:12 PM

Every situation is different but it does not bode well that you are making comparisons to your ex.
Can you deal with this new woman in a fresh light, or will you always be comparing everything?
Not all psych issues are the same and I bet you would be shocked to find out seemingly normal, stable people that you know are on meds, in therapy, or both. Ask her about it.

How long have you been single? Is this a rebound?

This woman is moving things too fast for your comfort which reminds you of your ex. Did you start making the comparisons before or after she told you about being on meds?
It is your job to slow things down if that's what you need.
Find out why she is moving so fast. Is she just excited or does she for attachments too quickly?
Go away for a weekend when you feel comfortable--it's not a proposal.
Meeting friends isn't a big deal in my view either.

I don't like comparing people but those are facts and I clearly know that every one is different. I have been single half a year or so before going steady with her. Well.. when she said that she was on meds, it influenced to think about it.I had to tell her last time that I want to spend time more with her. She told me that she suffers from something near Bipolarity. I did not ask for further detail because admitting that is quite something to say already. I don't want the first guy to google the thing and make assumptions about it either. I do understand that's quite a "skeleton in the closet" and I don't judge her but the fact that I feel a bit rushed, that she takes meds makes me worry some a bit .

The last thing a person with mental issues and in therapy needs is a co-dependent jumping on the train. The fact that you are so willing to say you love someone you barely know and jump on the train with her, say a whole lot about you. Get some professional therapy, let her work on her problems with her therapist, and stop trying to make a relationship out of nothing but drama and desperation.

Co-dependent? We each have our own personality and a life. I'm not dependant of her and she isn't. Yes, I like her. I like her personality and her as a whole. I care for her. However, I want to go at it slowly. Like many suggested, why rush when you can appreciate the time?

Tada!!! As the thread unfolds, we get the whole or closer to the whole story. Wow, the drama continues........well I can say one thing, being on this forum is NOT boring!!!

I agree that having psychological issues and seeing a therapist is not necessarily a blanket throw them to the curb thing, but I think it's something that should be told straight up before you invest a good chunk of time with someone. And of course it depends on what the issue and therapy are for. I think we all have had at least periods of time where we could have benefited from some therapy but I had the same deal, fortunately I was told before I was too invested and in THIS instance I dropped the guy like a prom dress.
 oneday57
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/19/2016 4:42:29 AM
DUH....keep talking and let her know how ya feel....uncomfortable then if your on the same page she would be able to give you some insight...good luck!
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/20/2016 6:37:55 AM
When a woman rushes a man too fast, there is an agenda and an issue behind it. She figured before you find her issue she will have you trapped. As for the spa, yes it can be costly, did she offer to pay part of it since it was her decision?

No, you are not over thinking. She has kids. You need to look deeper. do you want part of kids life and do you want to support someone else sperm? Not to be rude, but is your life.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/20/2016 7:31:01 AM

When a woman rushes a man too fast,...............

LOL She has things to do, things to get done, no time to dilly dally, time's awastin', getta moveon!

Actually, the only men I have known, to complain about a women rushing him?
Ahhhemmmm, they were boys not men. A man takes full responsibility for his own actions, without placing the blame on others.
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/23/2016 3:47:41 PM
'''' A man takes full responsibility for his own actions, without placing the blame on others.''''

No-one was complaining. Where that come from? Yes, I agree a man takes full of responsibility. yet he also needs to keeps his eyes open not to fall into a trap. That's is also being responsible,
If the woman has sociological problems, there are doctors that can help.
Just because he is a man, why should he pay for other people problems? He has not vowed to her nor he has kids with her.

I'm sure by now he knows what he is in for.

All we can do offer our opinions here and it's his decision to do what he things is right. (The key here is what is right for him)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Am I rushed or i'm overthinking?